Forums
New
Feb 7, 2014 9:05 AM

Nov 2013
This show has gone off the rails.
DrakensbergMistFeb 22, 2020 2:08 AM

Feb 7, 2014 9:55 AM

Feb 2012
So far that is the information we as viewers are given.

The important thing to know is that the Prime Minister is credited for being in charge of the Flamengers. It's similar to the US president being the commander in cheif of the military. The actions of the Flamengers reflect decisions made by the Prime Minister, or at least that's how the public sees it. So when the Flamengers do well in defeating the villains, the Prime Minister's approval rating goes up aka more political power.

So why the fake villains? For now we don't know how "fake" the villains were, but we do know to a certain extent that it was staged by the government though. More often than not, REAL issues like war do not follow a clear "good vs evil" model. So while even in Japan where you'll have an outspoken right wing crowd, there will always be leftists out there. The purpose of the villains is to blur this divide, and to "unite" the people. The so called unity among the people makes it easier for them to be controlled since they all share a common opinion on the From Beyond villains.

The Flamengers were eventually framed because they were never in on it from the beginning. I suspect that their 'disobedience' shown in ep 15 (or was it the week before that?) was what convinced the Prime Minister that they would be a thorn in his side later on. As well revered super heroes, any political decisions made by the prime minister later on can be questioned by the Flamengers. So the framing was more of a cautionary measure so that there would be no one with political/social power to question the authority of the government. Think about the talk show clip in episode 16: The prime minister falsely accuses previous government officials for deceiving the public. This is him yet again taking out any possible opposition to his political decision making in the future.

Hope that kind of sums up the story for ya.
and hello from the states! The internet has been around for so long yet I still think it's cool I can talk to people all the way across the globe :)
idontwannapostFeb 7, 2014 9:58 AM
Feb 7, 2014 11:36 AM

Feb 2012
MrSideliner said:
jimjameswhatever said:
Think about the talk show clip in episode 16: The prime minister falsely accuses previous government officials for deceiving the public. This is him yet again taking out any possible opposition to his political decision making in the future.

So they are accusing the former government of planning this fake "crisis" to gain power? (Basically their plan haha)

Thanx for your detailed replay :) Really appreciate it. I kind of have OCD when it comes to plot details. I NEED to understand every small detail hahaha It's a blessing and a curse I'm afraid :P I also have noticed your profile picture in the flamenco forums a lot. Always I am like "Hey, it's the strawberry guy" haha Cheerz

yeah pretty much every show this season I don't have anything to say. With this show, it's so flawed yet I like it so much that I have to call people out on stuff (my own personal OCD lol).
Feb 7, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
Spoilers in the title! LOL
Feb 7, 2014 3:41 PM

Oct 2013
Now that this thread is on, I have been think about something...

Ok, now we know that the government was behind From Beyond, but, if I remember right, FB was related with King Torture plans (I think they said that Torture bought some of their stuff or that kind of things), so...Maybe, just maybe, could it be that The government was ALSO behind KT actions?

I´m not saying he (KT) knew that he was working for the government, but maybe the prime minister knew the actions of samumenco while he was a underground hero, and found a crazy-evil-super-sentai-characters-lover dude to put into the Torture attire, so they could start his plans...

What do you think about that?
Feb 7, 2014 3:55 PM

Feb 2012
Th3L4stW0lf said:
Now that this thread is on, I have been think about something...

Ok, now we know that the government was behind From Beyond, but, if I remember right, FB was related with King Torture plans (I think they said that Torture bought some of their stuff or that kind of things), so...Maybe, just maybe, could it be that The government was ALSO behind KT actions?

I´m not saying he (KT) knew that he was working for the government, but maybe the prime minister knew the actions of samumenco while he was a underground hero, and found a crazy-evil-super-sentai-characters-lover dude to put into the Torture attire, so they could start his plans...

What do you think about that?

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case all along.

It's not really the same, but it's similar to the idea that Osama bin laden had support from the US prior to the 9/11 attacks. I'm not gonna flood the thread with stupid truther crap but think hypothetically, if the US had funded and aided Osama's terrorist activities (analogous to the japanese government possibly aiding KT's evil activities) then publicly send out the US military to kill/silence Osama (analogous to the PM sending Flamenco to take care of KT).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

301 by OrangeRium »»
Jul 14, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

418 by OrangeRium »»
Jun 18, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

122 by dragnpiano »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Samurai Flamenco Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

181 by lordgaara »»
Jul 16, 2023 9:15 PM

» This has to be one of the most misunderstood anime of all time, right?

lordgaara - Jun 16, 2023

6 by lordgaara »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.