Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2013
Or was the original series (not that piece of shit omega) never profitable enough in Japan to warrant the canonical continuation? It took over a decade to finish the original manga after the TV series got cancelled in 1989.

It's a shame, one of the only few shoenen series I really liked. And probably the only shounen to NOT have that stupid comedy gags that others have. It also has probably one of the best soundtracks ever. The fight scenes were really graphic and bloody as well. Not as graphic as Fist Of The North Star but well above DBZ and others.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jan 31, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2011
Next Dimension only has 66 short chapters an it goes constantly on hiatus, not enough for a long running series, unless you want like a 12 ep season
btw the original Saint Seiya did had some comedy gags an after the gold saint arc the violence dissapeared for the most part

what annoys me is that Lost Canvas (which is more violent than the original Saint Seiya) isnt getting a 3rd season even though the manga is completed
Jan 31, 2014 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
silversaint said:
Next Dimension only has 66 short chapters an it goes constantly on hiatus, not enough for a long running series, unless you want like a 12 ep season
btw the original Saint Seiya did had some comedy gags an after the gold saint arc the violence dissapeared for the most part

what annoys me is that Lost Canvas (which is more violent than the original Saint Seiya) isnt getting a 3rd season even though the manga is completed

Probably didn't profit enough to warrant them to continue the series. Their biggest mistake is not focusing enough on the latin american and European markets imo. Where Saint Seiya is HUGE. (In Mexico & Brazil, the ratings beat out Dragon Ball at one pint iirc) They were probably trying way too hard to get the Japanese to care about it. They could have animated it and try to get the dubbing companies in those countries to get the licensing rights to dub it, which they probably would have been more than happy to ($$$$). But oh well, that's the anime industries stubborn nationalism for you.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Jan 31, 2014 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Belongs under manga being discussed

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Dec 6, 2015 2:31 AM

Jan 2010
I think it's very likely to be animated next year
May 5, 2018 5:51 PM
Jul 2016
2018 and still no Anime!
May 6, 2018 7:49 AM

Dec 2015
2281081743 said:
2018 and still no Anime!

On the other hand, the brand was made bigger by TOEI & Shueisha in those last years: an hollywood movie in preparation, a TV drama for the chinese territory announced a few weeks ago, always new spin-off series or their adaptations, a videogame per year...

And, obviously, Kurumada keeps making a stack of chapters every now and then, between continuations of his favourites. (then the magazine publishes them during a few months)

PS: by the way, I do not hold the belief that this title (or anything else in this brand) should be animated, no matter how much I like St Seiya in general.

@2281081743 I didn't write it shouldn't be in any case XD
Only that I didn't believe it should be (especially now). What will happen if it ever ... happens? Well, internet people will cry because:
- here comes yet another ennemy's dungeon invasion ! And it's the Sanctuary yet again, for the third time !!
- [I forgot what I wrote while editing -_-]
- it goes far into mythology/supernatural and will contradict their little St Seiya world theories
( - and I will cry because Himeno will be hired to redesign everything again, included new characters)
And in terms of the things the anime adaptations are used to do:
- Myth Clothes advertising: only two new ones, the Cup and the Gold Ophiuchus. Plus new heads if they want to produce a collection for the XVIIth Saints.
- Seiya's role inflation: how could they do that with the guy as good as a vegetable?

Plus, the St Seiya brand is notably turned toward the chinese market. And there are already a few things doing the job for a certain time, so no need for a new project yet. The japanese holders said they wanted to regularly launch a new SS product for the years to come, they won't flood the "market" with everything they can do at once and have nothing left in their sleeves for later.
Rei_IIIMay 7, 2018 4:10 AM
May 6, 2018 1:54 PM
Jul 2016
Rei366 said:
2281081743 said:
2018 and still no Anime!

On the other hand, the brand was made bigger by TOEI & Shueisha in those last years: an hollywood movie in preparation, a TV drama for the chinese territory announced a few weeks ago, always new spin-off series or their adaptations, a videogame per year...

And, obviously, Kurumada keeps making a stack of chapters every now and then, between continuations of his favourites. (then the magazine publishes them during a few months)

PS: by the way, I do not hold the belief that this title (or anything else in this brand) should be animated, no matter how much I like St Seiya in general.

Why should it NOT be animated?
Mar 17, 2020 9:54 PM
Dec 2018
2020 and still no anime.
Aug 10, 2020 6:49 PM

Oct 2013
Anime could fix some minor mistakes or expand the story from the source material, just as original Saint Seiya anime adaptation did and how it surpassed the manga.

However if we are to get some poor adaptation like Saintia Sho's anime that was released not so long ago, then nope, I would prefer not to see Next Dimension animated, lol.

Anyway, recently some people created a fan opening for hypothetical Saint Seiya: Next Dimension anime. It looks great to be honest. :) I can feel the Cosmo, haha.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 118 Discussion

Adnash - Jul 3

14 by Jellybeanx »»
Oct 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 117 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 26

4 by curvedtree »»
Jul 7, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 115 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 18

3 by curvedtree »»
Jul 7, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 116 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 19

3 by Alexyahoo »»
Jun 22, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Next Dimension - Meiou Shinwa Chapter 114 Discussion

Adnash - Jun 5

4 by Adnash »»
Jun 10, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.