Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 23, 2013 7:33 PM

Aug 2010
I decided to make this to help other people as well as myself understand what happened.

My understanding. I think I got most things covered. Maybe I missed something. tell me!

its pretty hard to understand but if you look at the scene where kurisu talks to young okabe she changes clothes mid scene. This is because at first its showing the kurisu in other world lines just talking to him. BUT in this world line in order to make it unique kurisu kisses him. Thats why her clothes change. before it shows other world lines (pink jacket). this world line its her usual clothes. To balance the world line Kurisu needed to do something unique, she kissed him.

Why did this not change worldline though? Didn't understand at first. BUT I GOT IT.

Basically after the kiss it shows okabe sitting on the street with his phone. The phone becomes clearer as he enters the steins gate world line again. Kurisu on the phone says "I will now give you an overview of operation norn" right before kurisu in real life says "what are you looking at pervert?"

In the steins gate worldline kurisu from the future had already kissed okabe from the past. THIS NEEDS to happen for okabe to stay in the world line so kurisu from the future sends okabe a message from the future about what to tell the kurisu of the present.

THIS IS why okabe tells her to forget, BUT kisses her to give her a hint that she can do somethng. Future kurisu told him how to save himself and what to tell younger kurisu.

This is why he tells her to forget, but kisses her so that she remembers. This is what "operation norn" is for. This is also why daru's daughter says that future kurisu said younger kurisu would know what to do. Future Kurisu kissed younger okabe too. she knew younger kurisu would do the same
Jimbo_XDec 23, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 8, 2014 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
jimbo_extreme said:

its pretty hard to understand but if you look at the scene where kurisu talks to young okabe she changes clothes mid scene. This is because at first its showing the kurisu in other world lines just talking to him. BUT in this world line in order to make it unique kurisu kisses him. Thats why her clothes change. before it shows other world lines (pink jacket). this world line its her usual clothes. To balance the world line Kurisu needed to do something unique, she kissed him.

Kurisu did all the talking and kissing in one go. She had to add a significant difference to kid Okabe in the Steins Gate world line to make Okabe exist. The parts where it shows the younger looking Kurisu with the pink jacket is Okabe's memory/POV. So Kurisu added the memory of Okabe meeting this mysterious girl in the past telling him the story of Ruouin Kyouma and kissing him.

So after Kurisu was done with her mission implementing that memory one time. The present time Okabe, stuck in the R-line, had his Reading Steiner triggered and he "remembered" that siginificant event and now has a solid memory tying him to the Steins Gate world line that never happened in the other world lines, which is, Kurisu stealing his first kiss when he was young. So he was able to find his way back to the Steins Gate world line.

So the anime series was pretty much Okabe's journey to find the ideal Steins Gate line, and the movie was to have Kurisu secure his position in it.

jimbo_extreme said:
THIS IS why okabe tells her to forget, BUT kisses her to give her a hint that she can do somethng.

Your point about Okabe's intentions of kissing her before leaving might've been just you overthinking things. I highly doubt Okabe is the type of guy who would leave such vague hints like that.

jimbo_extreme said:
This is why he tells her to forget, but kisses her so that she remembers. This is what "operation norn" is for. This is also why daru's daughter says that future kurisu said younger kurisu would know what to do. Future Kurisu kissed younger okabe too. she knew younger kurisu would do the same.

And the part about the future Kurisu already kissing kid Okabe doesn't make much sense either. If F-Kurisu already did then F-Okabe would already exist with her. Steins Gate Suzuha said that this Okabe person didn't exist in 2036. So F-Kurisu of Steins Gate line was guiding Kurisu to go to the ultimate Steins Gate 2.0 line. (Sort of like what F-Okabe from Beta line told Okabe what to do, to lead Okabe to the Steins Gate line in the anime series.) So by the end of the movie after Okabe returned, that's when everything (hopefully, unless the writers decide to create another movie in 2015 XD) was perfect and from that exact moment, the world drifted off to the ideal , in my own words, a Steins Gate 2.0 world line. A world where Mayuri and Kurisu lives, no SERN dicatorship or WW3, and Okabe having permament ties with the world line.
Jan 8, 2014 2:06 PM
Aug 2012
Should we call it a Robotics Notes Line? Pretty sure that's where it will head to.
Feb 9, 2014 11:15 AM
Feb 2014
To be honest i think operation NORN is just something Kurisu sent to okabe to show that he is back in the steins gate world line. Remember how she tried to send a mail to him but the email was not found? Also if he already read the email telling him what to do , why would he be surprised seeing kurisu and also be surprised at seeing the message. Oh and in the video message she is also wearing the same clothes still with still the same city buildings in the background , and idk but maybe same age? Doesn't look like much has changed. so ye.... thats my idea.
ColdXNightFeb 9, 2014 11:22 AM
Apr 7, 2014 7:22 PM
Apr 2014
I think the concept of the movie is very good. While it's not really connected to the main story, it gives us a clearer idea about the Steins Gate world line, and it's pretty enjoyable for watching. As it is for me, I still think about the series even though a whole week has passed and I wish I could forget it so I could rewatch it again and get the same feeling. Guess It's time to watch something else for a while, and then.. I'm gonna watch it again :D.
Oh, and if some of you noticed, the part when Kurisu talks to young Okabe about the mad scientist Hououin Kyouma, his ideals, wishes and determination, that's the turning point for Okabe. From that point on, he calls himself Hououin Kyouma, the mad scientist who's gonna change the world and deliver peace. While it looks like a childish dream, unconsciously he becomes that person and builds a time machine just to experience hell and mess everything up so that Kurisu would have to go to the past to try and remind him of him.. Fuck it's confusing.. but the idea is that all that goes in a loop. His identity actually comes from the future, where he is that mad scientist who disappears due to all his memories from all those world lines, and Kurisu goes to the past to tell him his story from the future. So where does his identity originate from?? NOWHERE! MINDFUCK!!
Apr 30, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2013
Wow... such a complicated, emotional and very great movie.

So thank you for all the answers, I was kinda confused, but I've got the picture now.

The only question that remains is: What was operation Norn now? The kiss? Something else?
My only regret is having regrets!
May 1, 2014 10:35 AM

Feb 2013
Hououin Kyouma is Okabe's invention.

Kurisu only changed the mad scientist's origin story so that she could use it as a trigger for Okabe to realize that it was her who took his first kiss, which is why the shift didn't happen until she shared her intent to observe him in the same kind-hearted way that Kyouma has for everyone else. Making that connection sooner probably would have made divergence to the Steins;Gate worldline impossible.

The effects of Reading Steiner or deja vu (at least as a result of time travel) seem to indicate that a person's memories affects which worldline they belong. So generating strong memories throughout countless worldlines to the point that you can't distinguish between them is a good way to not belong anywhere. I don't think they say why this is. Maybe something to do with reality being a projection of human conciousness or something like thst
Aug 26, 2018 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
The only problem is that our Okabe does not come from the Steins;Gate world line. He comes from another beta W.L. So when she went back to 2005 she met another Okabe who will see Makise dead and travel to the alpha. As stated in this: http://steins-gate.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Known_World_Lines So how did she alter reading steiner to a completely different Okabe?

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

25 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Sep 13, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

432 by 7v_5 »»
Jun 24, 7:40 PM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.