Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2008 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
So introductions I'm sure you can see where this is going, so how about we post about ourselves to get things more lively. :D

So lets put something about ourselves, what kind of art we are interested in and what kind of future job we want or a job we have (doesn't have to be art related)
So ill go first.

I'm Cole I'm currently 16
Ive been at MAL for almost a year now, I didn't start doing things with photoshop until recently, Im interested in all type's of computer graphics and id love to play the piano I just have to get one first. =P
I honestly don't know what kind of job i want in the future and currently am unemployed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 29, 2008 1:26 PM

Jul 2008
My real name is Roger, named after 2 famous New York Yankees players (my favorite baseball team) Roger Clemens and Roger Maris :D

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE C.C

Oct 29, 2008 1:56 PM

Apr 2008
My name is Daniel im 15
I pretty much like all art sept paintings other things i like...music, anime, manga,video games,and the drums.
As for jobs kinda want to get into an animating job of some sort....
Oct 29, 2008 2:03 PM

Apr 2007
I'm Andu and I'm awesome.
Once i get my shit scanned, i might post some
Oct 29, 2008 2:36 PM

Aug 2007
I'm David (lie) and I'm legal (truth)

My art stuff is here:
http://rosencruez.deviantart.com/
http://rosencruez.sheezyart.com/
Oct 29, 2008 3:35 PM

Jan 2008
Yo I'm aero, you all probably know me from my sigs or something.

I can't draw for crap D:
Oct 29, 2008 3:48 PM

Jul 2008
Hi! :)

My name is Benjo and I am not art-sy at all! Yet I still try...

- Joined the school choir during my final year of high school just to fill my class schedule
- Started taking photos so I don't have to be in them
- Started designing T-shirts just to save money for my organizations
- Started writing and recording songs so I don't have to worry about legal issues when I use songs to accompany the talks I give during retreats
- Taught myself to repair and play various instruments (bass guitar, electric guitar, banjo-ukulele, drums) to accompany the songs I write.

I joined MAL last July simply to list all the anime and manga I have seen. What kept me around are the opportunities for me to learn and test my graphic design skills with actual artists. It also helps me learn about the capabilities of the software I use, the Gimp and Inkscape.

The rampant piracy of Photoshop and other graphics software has put me in despair. I try to do my part by showcasing what is possible with freely available tools like the Gimp and Inkscape to the best of my artistic abilities. :P

I'd like to run my own T-shirt printing business while keeping a day job as a Design Engineer :)
Someday I would like to draw my own manga and record enough (good) songs to fill an album.

=)
Oct 29, 2008 4:00 PM

Jul 2007
'Sup, I'm Scud. I guess I'm a little like aero, in the sense that I can't draw and just do Photoshop stuff, although I'm not as popular.

Also, I suck at intros.

EDIT: I like tea and Yuno.
ScudOct 29, 2008 4:06 PM
Oct 29, 2008 4:04 PM

Jan 2008
Scud said:
'Sup, I'm Scud. I guess I'm a little like aero, in the sense that I can't draw and just do Photoshop stuff, although I'm not as popular.

Also, I suck at intros.

He forgot the most important thing.
He likes tea.
Oct 29, 2008 4:24 PM

Jun 2008
Hi, my name is Abraham, named after my dad had a dream in which someone told him to name me like that xD.

I <33333333333 Sakura

My artistic approaches are only few fanarts, that maybe I'll upload later.

P.S. Everyone calls me Roy, or Roy-kun here on MAL :P
Oct 29, 2008 5:23 PM

May 2007
Yo, I'm Scrum :D

23 years old, have been drawing manga and using photoshop for about ten years. I used to do a lot of webdesign, not so much anymore.

*shameless plug* I also run Art Jam; we're always happy to see original arts from a variety of artists, so I hope to see some of you guys around :D
Oct 29, 2008 10:40 PM

Feb 2008
Hola, Im Katie. :D

17 years old and want to become a professional Photographer. I love art, a lot. <3
Of any kind.

I like Asians.
Oct 30, 2008 12:02 AM

Nov 2006
hay, i'm sarah. i'm 17 and have been making shit with photoshop for 4 years now. i also cannot draw for shit!
i like selective coloring layers. :3
windyOct 30, 2008 12:05 AM
Oct 30, 2008 10:07 PM

Nov 2007
Hi, I'm Art. Almost 16, it's been almost a year since I started gimping. I do a lot random stuff including window themes and skins/shells. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so making art is fun, but drives me nuts at the same time. I try to only use freeware or open source tools/programs whenever possible.
Oct 31, 2008 6:26 PM

Nov 2007
I am Dang and my art really sucks. I am an Asian that has no creativity. I fail.
I'll scan some of my art one day...
Nov 11, 2008 8:45 PM

Feb 2008
Hi~! I'm Mary (real name),I'm currently 19 years old :3 Sophomore college student taking Animation. ^_^

I'm mostly know as "Digi" all over teh web,someday I wanna publish my own manga <3

I draw anime mostly,though,i've dabbled a bit with traditional painting but its so not me. haha. <3

Anyway you can see most of my shitz here->http://digitalmillenniumgir.deviantart.com/

Nice meeting you all~
Nov 12, 2008 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
yo guys ^_^ my name is Alex (real name) but you can call me tum...merc...unknown....alex...ADHD...=P

im 16 and am in 11'th grade high school taking a veriety of courses =P

i live in Canada, Ontario ^_^

graphics design, animation, french, english, religion (world religion i believe this course might be...wasnt paying attention =P choosing it), Advanced Functions (Math), Chemistry, Physics (both science)....

in grade 12 im taking: Calculus, Advanced Functions (both Math (2 maths)), French, Graphics Design, English, Philosophy (counts as a religion credit), Chemistry, Physics (both science (2 sciences))....all U courses except for graphics design which is M course =P

my history with computers in general date back way way when i was like 3...when i started playing games...on the computer...from then i learned how to instal games and stuff because no one in my family could =P....by 6 i got into StarCraft and started modding a bit...7-8 i got into Clans...and by 8-9 i started making clans and organizing them along with bots (coding bots)...from 9-11 i got into website creation...forums design/organization...template designs...and a bit of graphics...

but at the time i wasnt fully coding...i was either using preset coding sites and templates that were made but i did do it a bit...

and when it came to graphics all i really had was scrapbook designer =P

it wasnt until i got into FPS games and started playing Battlefield 2 (age 12-13) that i got into hacking....i joined a site...and am now a member and i hung out with them alot...from there i got more indepth into clan creation...video editing...and software/programs....and being able to use many programs well...

it was more of like me hanging out with them and i was only at the average of the group in terms of intellegence of software and coding and hacking.....(of course when i talked to friends at school....well i found out that i am about amazing compared to them =P funny ^_^)

it wasnt until a bit ago (maybe 2-4 months ago) that i got into actual graphic creating...thanks to my friends i have a wide veriety of programs....photoshop i got and desided to try and then i got more and more into it and started designing graphics...sig making...etc...

though i only do it for fun =P i dont believe im going to be doing this in my future although learning this stuff would prove usefull if i happened to be in advertising...or presenting my ideas and creations of stuff to corporate members/investors =P

Programs i use:....well its kinda a long list but here i go =P (and this is my average daily programs used daily)

Photoshop CS4 Portable, Adobe CS3 Master Collection....(basically every adobe product CS3), Sony Vegas Pro v8.0, vDownloader, Alcohol120% Full, Daemon Toold Pro, OJOSoft Video Converter, Guitar Pro 5, Easy GIF Animation, PSP Video 9, VeohTV, PIXResizer

and others but i forget....

now to conclude i know all the issues on pirating...and i do agree...but i personally think (and ADOBE has also said this) that as long as the product is not being used to make money...it is not as bad...

for example...in Canada there are laws against buying pirated software/videos/games/etc... and there is also a law against SELLING IT...but not against just downloading and using and sharing...as long as you dont BUY they pirated program and as long as you do not sell it and/or use it to gain profits...it is not a big concern...

once i get a job and am able to pay i will absolutely puchase all and maybe more programs that i have...but at the moment i need them to create images for school, videos for school, and other stuff for school along with online...so i cant pay right now =P i will though once i get enough money ^_^

anyways i think this went on alil longer than i expected to ill end here ^_^ nice to meet yah all =P

also if you wana take a look at some of the stuff ive created and/or edited....

http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/theunknownmercenary/

thats one of my profiles =P i resently did the SPACE picture (made it...no editing images...just a blank document)...and thats the one i like the most along with the ILYA sig i made ^_^ though i still have to edit the space one more...planet looks bad T^T
Nov 13, 2008 11:24 AM

Oct 2008
My name is Bobby.
I love art and video editing.
Maybe 1 day i can get a job in 1 of those fields.
If you want to see my amvs, there on my profile.

P.S. I would upload some pics later on
Nov 15, 2008 2:17 AM

Aug 2007
Well, I am Rei, 21 years old, live in Germany and am currently in national civil service as compensation for national army service.
My only artistic antics are writing an original story occassionally, though I have yet to translate it into english.
I still do not know, how anyone here found out and whether this has any relevance to this club, but I was invited, so...
Nov 15, 2008 5:54 AM

Oct 2008
Name is Jeff.
I enjoy 3D Art ~ Modelling and Texturing.
I want to eventually become a game developer and am currently in Community College for Programming since there are no Animation Classes. When I get my bachelors I will head to Full Sail University to get my Masters in Game Design in 1 years time where I will focus on my Artistic Qualities. I am also going to take Japanese in Community College soon so if I ever move to Japan, which I definitely want to, I may be able to get into the Anime/Game industry there.

I've been modding games since I was 12 years old starting with Homeworld for the PC. Since then I've modded Homeworld Cataclaysm, Homeworld 2, Gamemaker, Oblivion and hopefully Fallout 3, when Bethsoft releases the SDK for Fallout 3.

Here is an example of the level of proficiency modding games since I was 12 has gotten me: http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14386

My mods for Homeworld 2 are inactive and pretty much Dead but the same level of work quality was present there.

I could honestly apply for a company like Bungie or Bethsoft right now but I do not have the experience or proper qualifications unfortunately. College is the ticket of course.
Nov 19, 2008 2:10 PM

Aug 2008
My name is Joseph Durel - art/online name JadeMatrix. I am currently 18, and homeschool (11th grade).
Some of my art is vector, some with traditional pencil & pens.
For my vector art, I use Inkscape. I tend towards graphic design, especially logos, although I've dabbled in webpage design. I'm also currently running a trial version of Adobe Illustrator; as it's the industry standard, I thought I'd try it out. Verdict: AI is good for freehand vector work, but to difficult to use for the typically mathematically-exact stuff that I do — not worth $500.
For my traditional art, I typically make sketches in one of several sketchbooks with a .5mm mechanical pencil. Every now and then, I'll ink a piece; I use tracing paper for this, just in case I mess up ;).
I'm working on an outline and making concept illustrations for an original story. Long-term project. ¬.¬
As far as a future job, I'd like to be a professional graphic artist. But I also think it would be cool to be a game designer - the techy side, that is.

You can see my work at deviantArt: JadeMatrix.deviantArt.com. Sadly, I don't have most of my stuff up on there. I just never have the time to scan the crap...
JadeMatrixNov 19, 2008 8:15 PM
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 19, 2008 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
yah i agree...since most of my stuff i like to do involves coded arms guy (in relation to my name (no relations between my name and game but i concider them connected just cause =P)) he is always in my sig/avatar when i use this name...same with my JC_Denton name...i use Deus Ex (which IS in relation to the game) as my theme for my sigs/avatars when doing my JC_Denton sigs/avatars...

not only that but my freehand sucks...add all that up and .ai is not for me =P although i do like it i just do better using photoshop....i use CS4 and once i actually have a job whether it be graphics/animation/video/business or watever i will most likely buy it whenever i can get the money because at least photoshop IS WORTH IT....

but i do agree...illustrator is pretty good....but not worth 500 for me...same with flash...i would rather use sony vegas or premier to do exacly what is done in flash because of the lack of sound editing and video editing involved....although using flash and the other programs would turn out good...just by itself its only good for making animations...not putting music/editing the actual video with...<_<
Jun 1, 2016 7:17 PM
Jan 2016
Hello I am Kyle I am currently 18 years old I only really do traditional paper and pen art though it is and always will be just a hobby,, I am currently studying Computing and Digital Media which involves programming, web development, digital forensics and bunch of other jazz because I am hoping to some day move to the animation or game production jobs, pleasure to meet you all.
Sep 26, 2017 7:12 AM

Jul 2017
hi my name is Sandris i like anime and video ggames thhanks
Oct 13, 2017 4:46 PM
Dec 2016
hello all, I'm kurinkoruki. I do manga styled art.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» MyAnimeList Gijinka

LooneyLei - Dec 27, 2022

0 by LooneyLei »»
Dec 27, 2022 7:06 PM

Sticky: » New Art.

Its-A-Trap - Oct 28, 2008

47 by kiyokunikida »»
Oct 13, 2017 4:45 PM

» Old Art.

Its-A-Trap - Oct 28, 2008

34 by Galaxialconda »»
Jan 11, 2009 11:15 AM

» Drawing requests

greg_cho - Dec 2, 2008

0 by greg_cho »»
Dec 2, 2008 6:57 PM

Sticky: » Artist resource's

Its-A-Trap - Oct 31, 2008

3 by Marydotjpeg »»
Nov 15, 2008 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.