Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2007 6:43 AM

Jul 2007
For some, this is a matter of choosing the least of several evils but there are also people who, believe it or not, actually enjoy some classes. *GASP!* And a few of them aren't even the nerdy types with glasses! (>_<)

My favorite school subject was Literature. I say was because my course only has it up to second year and I'm already in my third right now. I really loved the challenge of understanding stories such as The Garden of Forking Paths by Jorge Luis Borges and The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (from high school). Some of the skills that I picked up eventually allowed me to appreciate some (suprise, surprise!) anime and manga titles that would have probably baffled or bored me to death had I come across them a few years earlier.

So, what are your favorite subjects?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 26, 2007 10:43 AM

Jun 2007
I agree with you -- lit is my favorite. I plan to major in English Literature and (hopefully) get a PhD in it. Second favorite would be Humanities (note: Humanities, not history. There's a difference), but that may very well be in part because I have the most awesome teacher known to man for that subject. :D
Aug 26, 2007 11:43 AM

Jan 2007
Art ftw~
I miss my art teacher from junior high. He played Beatles music and pretty much let us work on whatever we wanted. As long as we worked on something, we got an easy A on our report cards. (:
And I'm picking art up again this year, since theatre last year was absolutely the most pointless class I have ever taken. We literally sat around and played on our DS'es.

I haven't had an official literature class yet, but I believe I will this year... I must find my subject list soon...

Aug 26, 2007 3:34 PM

Jul 2007
I like History class. ^^ I don't like talking about wars though, since it's always too much to remember. @_@ My second favorite would have to be...Algebra and things along those lines...I tend to catch on really easy, and I'm usually smarter than most of the people in my class...so, it's usually an easy class...I absolutely hated review games though...I'd always mess up somehow, but maybe since it's High School now, we won't be doing that anymore...
Aug 26, 2007 4:33 PM

Jun 2007
i like Computer Application..........well i would like it but i dont take it
out of the ones i take i like Drama the most cuz its easy and then math since its also easy in a way
Aug 26, 2007 4:45 PM

Jan 2007
Sayako said:
I absolutely hated review games though...I'd always mess up somehow, but maybe since it's High School now, we won't be doing that anymore...

Three of my teachers gave us review games last year. D:
One of them obsessively. My biology teacher was insane.

Aug 26, 2007 4:48 PM

Jun 2007
Probably lunch, homeroom/seminar/whatever you want to call it, or study hall. Cause I basically don't have to learn.. ;) Plus I'm thinking about food most the time anyways.. & for hr & study hall I don't actually work, just talk.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Aug 26, 2007 6:06 PM

Jul 2007
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:
I absolutely hated review games though...I'd always mess up somehow, but maybe since it's High School now, we won't be doing that anymore...

i would've hated that..i got review games from a couple teachers, but only like 1 or 2 times a month...and some people would actually enjoy them..i could never understand those people...
Aug 26, 2007 6:27 PM

Jul 2007
Lets see. I like English, we watch movies most of the times. I like physics and chemistry, its actually really fun.
Aug 26, 2007 9:21 PM

Jan 2007
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:

i would've hated that..i got review games from a couple teachers, but only like 1 or 2 times a month...and some people would actually enjoy them..i could never understand those people...

The first game was horrible. Nobody wanted me on their team and I was like ';___; Buddies?' and then partnered up with some other teamless girl.
And one of the teams had the two loudest guys so they were screaming their answers so nobody else could be heard. Had a major headache that day. -____-;

Aug 27, 2007 3:26 AM

Jul 2007
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:

The first game was horrible. Nobody wanted me on their team and I was like ';___; Buddies?' and then partnered up with some other teamless girl.
And one of the teams had the two loudest guys so they were screaming their answers so nobody else could be heard. Had a major headache that day. -____-;

I hate people like that...jeez..quiet down! well, usually I don't have anyone on my team either..but we're usually forced on teams...everybody expects me, and thinks, I'm really smart, so sometimes they pick me..but...I usually fail at the questions anyway T_T
Aug 27, 2007 6:55 AM

Jun 2007
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:

I hate people like that...jeez..quiet down! well, usually I don't have anyone on my team either..but we're usually forced on teams...everybody expects me, and thinks, I'm really smart, so sometimes they pick me..but...I usually fail at the questions anyway T_T

I know how you feel, Sayako. I'm pretty smart, but I'm horrible at review games. Everyone always expects me to know the answers anyway and do all the freakin' work. And then, sometimes when I do answer a lot, they're like, "Let someone else answer for once!" GAH. XD
Aug 27, 2007 12:19 PM

Jul 2007
Ria said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:

I know how you feel, Sayako. I'm pretty smart, but I'm horrible at review games. Everyone always expects me to know the answers anyway and do all the freakin' work. And then, sometimes when I do answer a lot, they're like, "Let someone else answer for once!" GAH. XD

I know x_x though, I'm usually so quite, people tend to forget about me, so I don't have to answer all that much. My science teacher made as pass a ball around so we could learn each other's names...Dx wth? that's so stupid....we kinda got into a big conversation..I don't know if that would anger other people >.> hopefully not..
Aug 27, 2007 4:15 PM

Jul 2007
Sayako said:
Ria said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:

I know x_x though, I'm usually so quite, people tend to forget about me, so I don't have to answer all that much. My science teacher made as pass a ball around so we could learn each other's names...Dx wth? that's so stupid....we kinda got into a big conversation..I don't know if that would anger other people >.> hopefully not..

LOL! That was stupid! Anyway, my teachers did the same without the ball, but look, its been 5 years i have been here, and everyone know each other, so its kinda pointless. But, at least, no homework! YAY! I knew it actually.
Aug 27, 2007 5:21 PM

Jul 2007
Kyo_Kagami said:
Sayako said:
Ria said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:

LOL! That was stupid! Anyway, my teachers did the same without the ball, but look, its been 5 years i have been here, and everyone know each other, so its kinda pointless. But, at least, no homework! YAY! I knew it actually.

I know..I knew almost everyone in my class too..for homework we have to read over the whole High School manual thing..about rules, clubs, everything..and we're gonna have a test on it tomorrow --_--
Aug 27, 2007 6:53 PM

Aug 2007
Sayako said:
Kyo_Kagami said:
Sayako said:
Ria said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:
FateSyka said:
Sayako said:

I know..I knew almost everyone in my class too..for homework we have to read over the whole High School manual thing..about rules, clubs, everything..and we're gonna have a test on it tomorrow --_--

Your second day, and you already have a test. Boy, you have it kinda tough there. Well, same thing here. And actually, i think my fav subject would be math, im soo good at it! Nee~hee!
Sep 7, 2007 1:11 PM

Jul 2007
Changed my mind. I dont like chemistry. I jutsu like physics and english.
Sep 17, 2007 3:14 AM

Aug 2007
CAD and it means, Computer Assisted Drafting
Oct 23, 2007 4:13 PM
Sep 2007
i like rotc its the best class after that math but i sleep in it most of the time as i learn it real fast and every 1 else is so slow i hate my lit class....im more of a modern book reader not 2 metion that im lazy and don't like the work she gives(ap lit)
Oct 24, 2007 5:52 PM

Aug 2007
I loved math in elementary!

Advance art in 8th!

I totally like Health class and Acting!

Mostly Acting!
Nov 13, 2007 11:30 AM
Nov 2007
my favourite classeeee is probably art, drama, maths... i wish we had 'nap time' like i had in nursery because then that would be my favourite ^_^;
Apr 13, 2009 9:28 PM

Apr 2009
Fiore said:
my favourite classeeee is probably art, drama, maths... i wish we had 'nap time' like i had in nursery because then that would be my favourite ^_^;

LOL!! nap time! i miss those days...

i like english and PE xD
i really don't like math. algebra is just too hard for me...

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Best and Worst Teacher?

MomoHime125 - Aug 28, 2007

10 by Maora »»
Oct 24, 2007 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.