Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2008 1:17 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought this episode was ok, its the same old filler kind of episode where they are all involved in some competition and then winner is decided through some weird ways and we reach the end of the episode...
Aug 7, 2008 4:58 AM

Jul 2008
This is the weirdest festival I have seen so far. To think Amelia's father was the champion...LOL! Good thing Goury gets to be champ. GOLEMS ARE COOL! Always. In general funny but the serious tone is way too sarcastic in this episode but then again it's a common team in this series sometimes.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 8, 2008 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
BARBARA NOOO!
The episode was all about balls.
I lol'd.
Aug 8, 2008 1:47 PM

Dec 2007
The weakest episode so far in the new series IMO. The story about golem ball rolling wasn't much interesting and most of the jokes went off for me. I loved fillers in the first two seasons which were really hilarious but this one reminded me about the Try and some average at best fillers from there especially with the dogman and the catman who reminded me of awfully annoying Jillas from there. The only thing that made me lol a lot in this episode was eyecatcher in the middle with Gourry and Phil, it was really hilarious. I really would love to see Phil or the others old secondary characters returning even for a while instead of the zoo of pokemons and beastmen that makes up major chunk of the new cast.
Aug 8, 2008 2:32 PM

Jun 2007
Phil is a buffet of manliness. The eye catcher was indeed awesome. And I liked the fact that the 2 bad guys realized how forgettable they were xD

but man.. this episode was full of sweaty men, and balls o-o
Aug 8, 2008 7:42 PM

Jan 2008
Well, now we know why Zuuma appeared in the manga, but not in the anime. So we could get filler until he "arrives". Oh goody. How do I even begin this one? I feel like Zel right now. I don't want to be apart of this "epitome of stupid". I like Slayers and all, but this season is just weak. The next episode doesn't look like it's going to be any better either.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Aug 8, 2008 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
I...don't think I've ever seen an episode of anime so totally dedicated to balls before. Bravo.

Any way, I don't mind the filler. Aside from Pokota, I'm still liking the humor more than the Lina in Wonderland episodes from...I think it was Try. Not to say those were bad episodes. On the contrary, they were quite good. I just considered those to be more abrupt and jarring as fillers than this so far.
Aug 9, 2008 12:27 AM
Mar 2008
The Lina in Wonderland episodes were definitely worse, because it came in right after the gigantic end-of-the-world anti-climax in Try. The change in moods was just too big.

But here, nothing particularly serious has happened yet, so it's not too bad. I have a feeling though that I'm not going to like those 2 animals that Duclis has set on the gang. You've genuinely hit rock bottom when even the minions themselves realise that they're pathetic and don't stand a chance. I'm just wondering why they haven't quit and gone off to live a (relatively) peaceful life as extras in some animal village.
Aug 9, 2008 3:41 AM

Jul 2008
seem the next one wont be that exciting,too. i wonder when they will go back to the main story.

Aug 9, 2008 9:27 AM

Jun 2008
okay episode, liked it a lot more than the last one
Aug 9, 2008 11:46 AM
Jul 2008
Was nice. Nothing compared to last episode. Wish they'd forget about the comedy for a couple of episodes and follow the main story.

BTW, is it true that only 13 episodes were ordered for this season ?
Aug 9, 2008 11:47 AM

Jul 2008
Not fond of the whole lets have animals who are people thing and someone able to explain to me how a cat and dog can be siblings?

I thought I didn't mind Pokota at first but the lack of difference in personalities between him and Lina is starting to get on my nerves. His power level in the broader spectrum is to high as well. It's one thing to bring in a bad guy who is a match for the whole team with little to no intro. However a main character joining the team should have at least a little time and effort put in before he should be able to challenge someone as established as Lina.

Oh and the village leaders fawning over the priestess...... *shudders* Overdone attempts are comic side acts should NOT EVER been any kind of focus of love at that age!... EVER!
Kind regards
Sidoen

Aug 9, 2008 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
It's fillers like this that made Slayers good :D
Aug 9, 2008 4:50 PM

Aug 2007
It was an okay episode.

Had some funny moments, but I want to see more of the plot unfold.

I really have to laugh at the villains decided winning the race was more important then taking the sword of light. lol
Aug 10, 2008 4:24 AM
Mar 2008
jk1992 said:
BTW, is it true that only 13 episodes were ordered for this season ?

I hope not, it's going too slowly for a 13 episode series. Maybe they're gonna take a break after 13 then come back with more?
Aug 10, 2008 5:36 AM

Jun 2007
Well, at least it was better than the pet abduction episode imo.

I don't dislike this season. Slayers is great because of its comedic aspect and it's probably one of the very few series where fillers aren't dreadful. Still... it would be a better idea to return to the main story and have fillers later on the show.
Aug 10, 2008 1:07 PM

Jul 2006
Balls and sweaty men. I lol'd.

I really, really hope that it's 26 episodes like previous seasons. It's gonna take me least those 13 episodes just to get used to that Pokota.

Plus every episode title starts with another letter of the alphabet: (Ep 1: AMAZING.. , ep 2:Because..., ep 3: CHASE ..., ep 6: FALL ON, ep 7: GORGEOUS ... ep 11: KEEP OUT ... ) So I'm expecting them to use every alphabet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2008 9:25 PM

Feb 2008
Well, this was one of the most pointless episodes ever. And the 'villians' did nothing in the least bit villainous. (Was I the only one who was vaguely reminded of Sam & Max?). Quite the let down after the last episode. I did still get a few chuckles out of it though I guess.

Also, this episode was proof that just because Japanese students are required to take English, it doesn't mean they know the first thing about the language. What in the world does "Fall On" mean or have to do with anything in that episode XD?
Aug 12, 2008 11:01 PM

May 2008
Yeah, I just found the episode... Boring. I mean, there were amusing parts, but it just didn't keep my attention at all. I must say, though, shirt-less Gourry amused me, even if I can't really say I find him hot.
Aug 12, 2008 11:02 PM

May 2008
SoloButterfly said:
What in the world does "Fall On" mean or have to do with anything in that episode XD?

The ball fell on them?
Aug 13, 2008 7:35 AM

May 2008
I've never seen so many balls in my life. XD

Aug 19, 2008 5:46 PM

Oct 2007
Ugh. The episode was okay to pass the time but I'm finding myself saying "get to the plot" more than anything else. I don't remember feeling like this after watching the other Slayers series, shows, and movies. I'll still watch it but right now it's nothing really special. It's kind of making me feel like the 3rd season but worse.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Jun 15, 2009 7:05 AM

Dec 2008
Stupid episode, but had some hilarious moments.
Mar 31, 2010 5:19 PM

Dec 2008
mulderman said:
Phil is a buffet of manliness.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Aug 28, 2011 4:44 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was alright, the concept was a little weird hah
Sep 3, 2012 6:46 AM

Aug 2009
An ok Slayers-filler episode. The highlight was Phil's painting as a champion and Amelia being moved to tears by it. Also kinda funny how the hired bad guys thought that they were so forgettable.
Dec 7, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, I didn't wait this episode that much seeing the preview from last ep. And it seems I was right, and the next episode looks the same which is another not so good one.

But oh well I guess at the time of release it was a good way of releasing some "tension" from the plot. As a Slayers episode it was good.
Jul 14, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
ao_no_exo said:
Hmm, I didn't wait this episode that much seeing the preview from last ep. And it seems I was right, and the next episode looks the same which is another not so good one.

But oh well I guess at the time of release it was a good way of releasing some "tension" from the plot. As a Slayers episode it was good.
Same thoughts here. From the main plot point of view it was just a filler. But at the same time it was quite funny.
Jul 11, 2016 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
I thought this episode was pretty fun, nice funny Slayers goodness.
May 21, 2020 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Yeaaaah, this does seem like the type of place Phil would thrive. Lol.

I had a feeling that pyramid would have to come tumbling down the mountain at the end. It’s just the Slayers way. Amusing episode.

I’m actually enjoying just chilling out with the gang in this season.
Feb 11, 2021 2:27 AM

Apr 2013
Very weird episode, that dog and the cat might become commonly occuring characters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 13 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 3, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Xellos's new dubbed voice

Tsumayouji - May 27, 2011

5 by funtime43_tr »»
Sep 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jul 2, 2008

56 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 2 Discussion

Tenjouname - Jul 9, 2008

29 by DonTrumpolino »»
May 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

16 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.