Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 5, 2011 1:25 PM

Nov 2010
well this show seems to be improving, lets hope it stays this way. the fight scene with lunatic and bunny was pretty cool.
Jun 5, 2011 3:15 PM
May 2011
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Hell yeah, Blue Rose. Sure, there's a huge age difference but I can't help but ship Tiger/Blue Rose.
akovaski said:
DenjaX said:
I guess he has nothing to do with Ouroboros after all.

That's going on the assumption that Ouroboros is a regular crime syndicate. I don't think so, that'd be boring... thusly I predict:

Ouroboros's purpose is to kill criminals ; however, they can't just let unsteady members leak information, so they (Lunatic) kills them. This would also make it 'interesting' in that Bunny's parents would be criminals or Ouroboros members.
It'd really be interesting if they went with that route.

However, it could just be that Lunatic has nothing to do with Ouroboros and is just wrapped up in his own brand of "justice" or whatever.

well blue rose is only a high schooler and kotetsu is in his mid 30's so thats pedophilia.
Jun 28, 2011 12:47 PM

Aug 2009
ItsSoPringles said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Hell yeah, Blue Rose. Sure, there's a huge age difference but I can't help but ship Tiger/Blue Rose.

well blue rose is only a high schooler and kotetsu is in his mid 30's so thats pedophilia.

Actually the term is ephebophilia (though some would consider that splitting hairs, sorry I am a bit of a literal-ist), and she might be eighteen if she is a senior. Besides it all depends on Sternbild's laws (for most of the developed world the legal age is 14-16).
Jun 29, 2011 5:42 PM

Mar 2011
ItsSoPringles said:
rechajulay said:
IIxAnxietyxII said:
/rant

Oh my fuckin god..it's obvious that judge is lunatic..but WHAT A SURPRISE tiger & bunny don't remember his features.

/end rant

huh o.O???
what features do you mean they should remember? lunatic is hiding behind his costume

it's pretty obvious for us, the viewer. but of course NOT for them.
yah people seem to have a hard time following this concept. i rememebr people wouldnt shut up throughout star driver how no one saw past the masks even though its just suppossed to be obvious to us not the charecters. plenty of things do this its just some viewers get pretty dumb about very simple things like this

Ya Know, even in a real life situation it would be obvious to anyone with half a brain.
Jun 29, 2011 8:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
IIxAnxietyxII said:
ItsSoPringles said:
rechajulay said:
IIxAnxietyxII said:
/rant

Oh my fuckin god..it's obvious that judge is lunatic..but WHAT A SURPRISE tiger & bunny don't remember his features.

/end rant

huh o.O???
what features do you mean they should remember? lunatic is hiding behind his costume

it's pretty obvious for us, the viewer. but of course NOT for them.
yah people seem to have a hard time following this concept. i rememebr people wouldnt shut up throughout star driver how no one saw past the masks even though its just suppossed to be obvious to us not the charecters. plenty of things do this its just some viewers get pretty dumb about very simple things like this

Ya Know, even in a real life situation it would be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Star Driver Kiraboshi: yes.

Tiger and Bunny Lunatic: no.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2011 12:08 PM

Oct 2010
woah, the plot is getting real deep now!!
and thats a good name for a villian: lunatic!!! xp
Jul 18, 2011 3:27 PM

Jan 2008
And the supervillain has fully been established for these superheroes complete with the classic "he killed my parents!" formula. The villain is genuinely creepy , so I'm happy about that. The setup is a bit cliche, but it works with this anime that already gives off a nostalgic feel to the masked superhero genre. Another very good episode!
Dec 26, 2011 11:50 PM

Nov 2007
lol the bad guy is so obvious. They obviously haven't heard about being subtle on this show XD

Kind of creeped out about the whole Blue Rose/Kotetsu thing. PLEASE STOP, IT IS ILLEGAL. Plus Bunny is the only one for our Tiger <33333
Mar 10, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2009
I wonder what's with that guy at the very end. Cool episode.
Apr 5, 2012 6:34 PM

Dec 2010
warudo taigaa x buruu rozu konbi <3
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 5, 2012 6:52 PM

Dec 2010
Mon_Diamond said:
I wonder what's with that guy at the very end. Cool episode.

he’s obviously that Lunatic who fought with tiger&bunny
「J>K>W」
事実。
Jul 2, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
wow never seen Barnaby lose his cool like that!

and love the new team of Blue Rose and Kotetsu!!

so that douchebag is Lunatic huh? kinda lame name to be honest XD

they kinda made it obvious that this judge could be Lunatic :P

finally we're progressing a bit to the story!!
Jul 4, 2013 11:37 PM

Apr 2010
That Lunatic is well....a Lunatic. Fits him well!
Finally I got to see some real action, to see Barnaby so fired up- I can't help but crave for more!
Jan 23, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2012
no doubt the judge is Lunatic, what is still to be know is how he knew at what time they were broadcasting, he knew, maybe he's got someone else in Hero TV HQ, and who was that kid that kicked Kotetsu? He remember him when he associated the "own justice" thing. Is he son of the judge? Is he a NEXT? More curious about that one, we can say Lunatic is the crazy hair dude
Jun 14, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2013
That supposed judge at the end seems sketchy, i think he's probably a villain.
Aug 3, 2014 8:46 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting character development, let's see what will happen next!
Jan 15, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2012
Dude at the end will totally turn out to be a villain. I feel a little silly posting now after the series being out for so long but I have to be because its so awesome. :P
Mar 1, 2015 11:45 PM

Nov 2013
Lunatic seems like he could be similar to Kira. Kills criminals rather than arresting them and silences all who oppose him.

Barnaby vs Lunatic was pretty intense...

I will be surprised if that judge is not Lunatic. Even his tie goes with Lunatic's flames. Talk about a whole new level of obvious.

Other then that, good episode I just wish they made it less obvious that the judge was Lunatic.

8/10

Dec 11, 2015 11:47 PM
Jun 2013
the blue rose and tiger team up was pretty funny. I have a feeling she likes tiger. Hmm I wonder if that judge guy is lunatic........
Jul 20, 2016 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
I love how this anime just show who's Lunatic immediately after his debut
And yes that judge, he didn't have the same voice at all
He's a judge so he couldn't be that bad guy
xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 3, 2017 5:13 AM

Feb 2016
Ironically, Tiger and Bunny's abilities are so freaking weak.

Sure they get 100 times strength but they can only use it for five minutes, they can't shut it down to conserve power for when it counts. It's ridiculously flawed...

Blue Rose can consistently create ice to move, engulf, entrap, defend and attack.. Red Crimson can obliterate enemies with a huge gulf of flame and to retreat. Dragon Kid can sent a constant stream of electricity to her opponents and has wicked martial arts skills. She makes up for underwhelming power with finesse perfectly for mop up operations after the heavy units have done their job.

Lunatic can freaking shoot a barrage of explosive flames...

But the biggest weakness is the show's refusal to show the full impact of their powers... You imagine if Mohammad Ali swung a punch in your face and multiply that by even a measly 10.. Your mother wouldn't recognise you. You imagine a javelin thrower throw a steel pipe with a 100 times strength at you.. Any opponent would be helpless ants. Even with the camera on them and with the intent to arrest, a weak punch could disable any of the criminals. Instead you see Koutetsu being overwhelmed by five of them...

Now the fact that they've been jumped hundreds metres everywhere suggests that they are not holding back their power to prevent damaging their bodies..

The show is the biggest handicap for the heroes, not their abilities themselves.

Honestly, so weak. But I guess it makes for interesting show and protagonists.
Cloud_IllusionFeb 3, 2017 5:21 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jul 1, 2020 8:54 AM

May 2018
Finally an antagonist has appeared
Sep 23, 2021 6:16 PM

Mar 2021
A pretty eh episode overall, but it had a great ending - nice to see Tiger have a great moment that isn't played up for laughs.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jan 2, 2023 1:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Lunatic a new "hero" appears!!!

Well, seems that judge is lunatic, no? kekeke
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Jun 2015
Oh no! That handsome dude is Lunatic, isn't he? What a waste!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.