Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 12, 2022 2:21 AM

Nov 2018
Honestly, Bakuman is an extremely generic shounen anime that is easy to watch.

I strongly dislike characters like Miho who only exist as MC's love interest, barely do anything and show 0 personalities other than being kind and cute shy girls. It's not just an archetype that is a problem, Heaven's Feel and Madoka proved that you can write characters like that and make them well-written so the question is not a simplicity of a character, but rather a lack of standing out qualities and characterisation. I guess the problem is lack of depth that is characteristic to shounen comedy anime(not comedy genre itself, Kaguya and Gintama proved that you can even add characterisation through jokes).
I hate everyone equally
Oct 13, 2022 6:23 PM
Jun 2022
Niizuma shows himself and his one condition.
Oct 15, 2022 9:05 PM

Jan 2020
Well, Niizuma is something. I feel like his "one series I don't like" is just foreshadowing for Moritaka and Takagi's series. I don't like it. But, I guess we won't know for sure until they all meet. I can't imagine it'll be much longer at this rate though.

The fact that Miho cried twice is certainly off-putting. I know we don't know a ton about her yet, and they've barely shown her voice acting compared to Moritaka's drawing, but she's a rather flat character for being such a, presumably, significant one. So far it seems like Moritaka is just putting her up on a pedestal, rather than appreciating her for her own value. And, the fact that she isn't hardly expressing herself or communicating anything isn't helping.

I guess I just fundamentally disagree with everything about this "promise" between Moritaka and Miho. They are going to learn nothing about each other, spend virtually zero time together, and essentially ignore one another to focus on themselves. Then assume that when everything pans out and they definitely achieve their dreams, whenever that might be, they'll just mesh perfectly together. That's how people end up marrying the person who beats them, their kids, and eventually murders them. It costs literally nothing to smile at one another, build a friendship, and actively be supportive.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 4, 2023 6:56 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 3, 2023 7:28 AM
Jul 2017
looks like they introduced the main antagonist. he's gonna try canceling their manga because of envy
Jun 23, 2:18 AM

Jun 2022
Nice time to drop before more rom com drama creeps in . Bye Bye Bakuman!

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MorningGlory - Oct 2, 2010

356 by wildhood »»
Aug 16, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rinji- - Apr 2, 2011

189 by Tewp »»
Aug 4, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

M0ni - Nov 6, 2010

178 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 23, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Oct 30, 2010

132 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 22, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

M0ni - Oct 23, 2010

155 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 22, 11:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.