Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 11, 7:58 AM
Dec 2022
Is it true that " girls band cry " only releases in Japan.
How popular it would be, if was realised in streaming platforms ?.
Any guess!!
Yeshaiah2015yeshJun 11, 9:30 AM
Jun 11, 8:28 AM
Dec 2022
Very popular that's for sure.
Jun 11, 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
I’m sure it would be a lot more popular, since other music anime (Bocchi the Rock, Bandori, K-On…) are big outside of Japan.
Jun 11, 8:57 AM
Jan 2021
it probably would've exploded imo more so than bocchi even having that this is one of the phenomenon for cgi animation
Jun 11, 9:33 AM
Dec 2022
Dellio_man said:
it probably would've exploded imo more so than bocchi even having that this is one of the phenomenon for cgi animation

can't say I agree with you. try watching bocchi again.
Jun 11, 10:01 AM

Feb 2023
There will be many discussions about liking the CGI πŸ’€ Most who talks about it does not even watch how it goes and is better than other CGI animes

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Jun 11, 10:07 AM
Dec 2022
Dawolfsam said:
There will be many discussions about liking the CGI πŸ’€ Most who talks about it does not even watch how it goes and is better than other CGI animes

yah, even I was surprised when ppl who watched this anime, are saying the CGI is great, when it just average. I too believe/think 90% of them never watched a good cgi anime or first time watching a fully cgi anime
Yeshaiah2015yeshJun 11, 10:14 AM
Jun 11, 10:07 AM
May 2011
It would be around Jellyfish popularity at best.
Jun 11, 10:09 AM
Dec 2022
Fail_Man_X said:

finally some one with common sense.
Jun 11, 10:25 AM

Apr 2014
Currently, only 3 countries outside of Japan can legally watch this anime, France, South Korea, and Indonesia. So, it's not released only in Japan.
δ½•γγ‚ŒοΌŸζ„ε‘³εˆ†γ‹γ‚“γͺい
Jun 11, 2:31 PM
Mar 2022
as an indonesian i can confirm, you can watch it
Jun 11, 9:29 PM
Nov 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
Dawolfsam said:

yah, even I was surprised when ppl who watched this anime, are saying the CGI is great, when it just average. I too believe/think 90% of them never watched a good cgi anime or first time watching a fully cgi anime

Eh, fully cgi anime are either studio orange's amazing works or just kinda atrocious, no in-between
So it's pretty nice to see something that gets close to studio orange's level. It may not be the best of the best but calling it average is a huge disservice imo

It's expressive, the comedy bits land, framing/cinematography has heen amazing, it makes use of the fact that 3d doesn't have to be limited to 2d which mostly animates on-twos or on-threes making for smoother animation overall.

Honestly, if it was licensed in the west, I would not have been surprised if it managed to reach bocchi-level popularity (though bocchi did have the benefit of being an adaptation where people were already recommending the anime before it actually came out)

GBC and BTR has a pretty different story to tell overall as well where Bocchi focuses more on introverts and social anxiety, GBC focuses more on being a social outcast and the pent-up anger that results from it
Jun 12, 12:35 AM
Jan 2021
ReXiRa said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Eh, fully cgi anime are either studio orange's amazing works or just kinda atrocious, no in-between
So it's pretty nice to see something that gets close to studio orange's level. It may not be the best of the best but calling it average is a huge disservice imo

It's expressive, the comedy bits land, framing/cinematography has heen amazing, it makes use of the fact that 3d doesn't have to be limited to 2d which mostly animates on-twos or on-threes making for smoother animation overall.

Honestly, if it was licensed in the west, I would not have been surprised if it managed to reach bocchi-level popularity (though bocchi did have the benefit of being an adaptation where people were already recommending the anime before it actually came out)

GBC and BTR has a pretty different story to tell overall as well where Bocchi focuses more on introverts and social anxiety, GBC focuses more on being a social outcast and the pent-up anger that results from it

the last paragraph. Maybe that's why gbc sticks to me more. Idk maybe also bc alot of the themes and characters feel more grounded and natural even for an anime. It's seriously criminally underrated imo.
Jun 12, 3:31 AM
May 2022
Cr1msXn said:
as an indonesian i can confirm, you can watch it

where I can watch it legally?
Jun 12, 6:09 AM

Jun 2019
Well, apparently in addition to Indonesian, the one officially licensed for streaming in Indonesia is also releasing a version with English subtitles. So there is now an official, legally available English-subtitled version. It just ironically happens to first be coming out of Indonesia rather than the U.S., Britain, Canada, or any other English language-majority speaking country.

Although I can't attest to the quality of those subtitles. I've found English subtitles provided by East Asian services before quite lacking in intelligibility and fluidity as a native English speaker. Perhaps not unintelligible as I still understand all or most of what is being said, but in the way you can still mostly make out and understand someone muttering into a sock. There aren't always huge grammatical or spelling mistakes but it's just written in a kind of unnatural way which feels too literally translated or something like that. At least that's how I've felt with some donghua translated from Mandarin Chinese into English and given subtitles by Chinese streaming services, and I've heard it's the same from the Southeast Asian services.

I've heard that it's also been mentioned or started to be advertised on Bilibili, the major video streaming service and platform of China now too, so it may be officially released in China soon as well. Maybe some Chinese users can weigh in.
WatchTillTandavaJun 12, 6:14 AM
Jun 12, 6:51 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@Fail_Man_X

I agree that gbc should be as popular as Jellyfish. But what surprises me more is how unpopular Jellyfish is.

While I can see some aspects of gbc preventing it from going mainstream like: existence of CGI, Nina's impulsiveness, 'overdramatic' character reactions, I don't see people complaining about such things with Jellyfish. Combined with the episodic format that Jellyfish is using which typically works well in anime, it's a bit shocking how it's not that popular especially since this season didn't seem that competitive. I'd expect it to be around the same level as Loser Ranger'.
Quadruple_OiJun 12, 6:59 AM
Jun 12, 8:09 AM
May 2011
Reply to Quadruple_Oi
@Fail_Man_X

I agree that gbc should be as popular as Jellyfish. But what surprises me more is how unpopular Jellyfish is.

While I can see some aspects of gbc preventing it from going mainstream like: existence of CGI, Nina's impulsiveness, 'overdramatic' character reactions, I don't see people complaining about such things with Jellyfish. Combined with the episodic format that Jellyfish is using which typically works well in anime, it's a bit shocking how it's not that popular especially since this season didn't seem that competitive. I'd expect it to be around the same level as Loser Ranger'.
@Oioioioi1234 It's doing quite well for an all-girl show. It's just that all-girl (and all-guy) shows don't attract viewers the way mixed-cast shows do, unless they have a really good hook such as well animated action (Lycoris Recoil), creative portrayal of comedy (Bocchi the Rock) or brutal despair (Madoka Magica).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.