Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 9, 3:13 PM
Mar 2024
Manga readers, what should we expect? Will this season be better than the first two? Any good/long arcs?
Jun 9, 3:21 PM
Aug 2023
Well, I’m pretty sure this season will adapt one of the best arcs in the series - Loids past. It’s one of the best arcs in the manga and has some of the best emotional moments, so I’ll be incredibly hyped to see it adapted.
Jun 9, 10:08 PM

Sep 2020
Loid's past will make you cry 😿
Jun 10, 7:25 AM

Feb 2010
I agree. Bring tissues. It will also be more engaging than s2
Jun 10, 11:44 PM
Dec 2022
Loid's past. it's gonna be epic.
Jun 11, 5:04 AM

Sep 2016
Loid's past, Yor's and Desmond's wife meeting and the bus arc will be the strongest elements of the season, unfortunately the rest was pretty average SxF stories.
Jun 13, 7:13 AM
Jun 2012
I don't care what it has as long as I get more Yor.
Jun 13, 7:40 AM
Dec 2022
I don't read the manga, but i hope that this season the main plot will advance at least a bit 😅
Jun 13, 9:58 AM

Oct 2023
First 5 episodes would likely be the entire film, I guess?
Jun 13, 10:39 AM
Dec 2023
Reply to tarsap
Well, I’m pretty sure this season will adapt one of the best arcs in the series - Loids past. It’s one of the best arcs in the manga and has some of the best emotional moments, so I’ll be incredibly hyped to see it adapted.
@tarsap

Does the plot actually move forward (Operation Strix) or is it more side story bloat?
Jun 13, 11:18 AM
Aug 2023
gmfddatsh said:
@tarsap

Does the plot actually move forward (Operation Strix) or is it more side story bloat?

Well, Operation Strix doesn’t advance a lot, but it does develop Loids character in the eyes of the audience, helping us fully see him as who he is - a tragic man that is trying his hardest to prevent people from suffering a fate similar to him. It may not move the plot forward, but this arc gives us a reason to cheer even more for the main character(which is loud), love him even more, hope for his success in this mission he has dedicated his life to and, hopefully, see him regain what he once lost.
Jun 13, 12:44 PM

Jan 2015
Another season where nothing happens?
Jun 13, 6:20 PM
Aug 2013
People don't understand the story apparently ... Operation Strix is supposed to be slow and might take years

What is the point of progressing Operation Strix quickly? The entire plot will end

The anime focuses on the characters and their development not the operation itself; the operation here is like the world setting.
Jun 14, 7:30 AM

Nov 2020
one of the lights shining on her is a school bus, teasing my favorite part of the manga so that'll be bretty nice
Jun 14, 9:06 PM
Apr 2015
Reply to UaEfAlCoN83
People don't understand the story apparently ... Operation Strix is supposed to be slow and might take years

What is the point of progressing Operation Strix quickly? The entire plot will end

The anime focuses on the characters and their development not the operation itself; the operation here is like the world setting.
@UaEfAlCoN83 I mean, that is what most anime do. Develop characters while they tell a story. Anime like Shin Chan can go hundreds of episodes because it is a gag anime with no plot. Spy Family was presented with a plot so people are expecting something decently paced.
Jun 14, 10:05 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to Amogotan
@UaEfAlCoN83 I mean, that is what most anime do. Develop characters while they tell a story. Anime like Shin Chan can go hundreds of episodes because it is a gag anime with no plot. Spy Family was presented with a plot so people are expecting something decently paced.
@Amogotan I don’t agree

Many animes havw bad character development despite having the plot

The way I view spy family is that due to this mission they were forced to become a family, and because of this, they will start to form strong bonds together. At the same time, these characters know that this family will not last forever and that they will eventually have to leave. So there is this dilemma here.

Also spy family is considered a slice of life + comedy so it is not fair to expect the mission to progress quickly.
Jun 15, 6:47 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to gmfddatsh
@tarsap

@gmfddatsh If that's the only 2 options, Side Story Bloat for sure

More topics from this board

» Fall would be awesome

Naveen6662246 - Jun 9

6 by ATOMICEMPEROR »»
Oct 18, 8:32 AM

» Hype thread

AshuAmbrose - Jun 9

29 by LeeviAJ »»
Jul 18, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.