Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 22, 8:45 PM
Oct 2017
Hello, I was thinking to start watching this anime but I've seen is featured in some LGBT stack such as https://myanimelist.net/stacks/44987

So, in which way this is an LGBT anime? What kind of LGBT stuff it has? Is it too heavy?

Depending on this I may decide if watching is worth or not for me... thank you
Apr 22, 8:54 PM
Oct 2019
I say it doesn't belong to that stack to begin with because it's a revenge story so no idea where that person get that idea but it's most likely from the minor characters been a while since I watched it but I definitely don't remember anything remotely Yuri.
Apr 22, 9:48 PM
Jul 2020
I think it was considered LGBT because one of the main character's friends has a magical condition that changes his biological sex, so he can be considered a gender fluid character (but who actually changes his sex).
Apr 22, 10:10 PM
Dec 2021
Nah I don’t see it as one
Apr 22, 10:11 PM
May 2011
Don't worry about it, bro. A small subset of mages can change their magical affinities by magically changing their sex, but it's not LGBT stuff.
Apr 22, 10:22 PM
Sep 2021
one of the characters can gender bend himself but saying that's LGBT is stupid lol

like what, is Ayakashi triangle and every ecchi anime that has the MC sometimes turn into a girl an LGBT anime now ? lol
Apr 22, 10:24 PM

Jul 2015
About half of the entries on that stack doesn't have anything LGBT in it. This one included.
There is like one character that changes his biological sex in a periodical cycle. Author may think this is some sort of "representation" but it's completely fantasy stuff and nothing even slightly similar to that happens in humans in real life.

Apr 22, 10:24 PM
May 2022
Saimatsu_Fan said:
one of the characters can gender bend himself but saying that's LGBT is stupid lol

like what, is Ayakashi triangle and every ecchi anime that has the MC sometimes turn into a girl an LGBT anime now ? lol

Literally it’s so stupid to even consider such a thing part of it. Someone can change their sex LITERALLY how the hell is part of LGBT.
Also bro could u lmk what anime is your pfp from ??
Apr 22, 10:26 PM
Sep 2021
looked up the link you provided and lol 90% of the anime there don't contain LGBT characters wtf that guy was smoking
Apr 22, 10:26 PM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
About half of the entries on that stack doesn't have anything LGBT in it. This one included.
There is like one character that changes his biological sex in a periodical cycle. Author may think this is some sort of "representation" but it's completely fantasy stuff and nothing even slightly similar to that happens in humans in real life.

more like 85% lol if we're being honest
Apr 22, 10:29 PM

Jul 2015
Saimatsu_Fan said:
Piromysl said:

There may be some supporting LGBT characters in the background like in Skip and Loafer, so I'd give it benefit if the doubt. But Buddy Daddies definitely shouldn't even be there.
PieromyslApr 23, 1:50 AM

Apr 22, 10:32 PM
Sep 2021
ElmoBoredAsf said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

Literally it’s so stupid to even consider such a thing part of it. Someone can change their sex LITERALLY how the hell is part of LGBT.
Also bro could u lmk what anime is your pfp from ??

my PFP isn't an anime, it's a couple from a VN called Danganronpa V3
Apr 22, 10:34 PM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

There may be some supporting LGBT characters in the background like in Skip and Loafer, so I'd give it bebeft if the doubt. But Buddy Daddies definitely shouldn't even be there.

yeah skip and Loafer has a trans character, the MC's aunt

but yeah i agree with buddy daddies lol
Apr 23, 12:44 AM
Oct 2014
Dije said:
Hello, I was thinking to start watching this anime but I've seen is featured in some LGBT stack such as https://myanimelist.net/stacks/44987

So, in which way this is an LGBT anime? What kind of LGBT stuff it has? Is it too heavy?

Minor Spoilers to this answer

But essentially an entire character Arc is centered around being transgendered and there is an entire society within the show based around gender identity.

It's basically just a set-piece and has such a minor impact I wouldn't really call it an LGBT type show, but it does have some representation. I don't recommend if you're watching purely for LGBT aspects though
Apr 23, 1:26 AM

Jan 2013
Don't be looking at idiotic stacks to begin with. That was your first mistake. The show is probably not worth watching, but yeah.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 23, 1:33 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Shinkuo
Dije said:

Minor Spoilers to this answer

But essentially an entire character Arc is centered around being transgendered and there is an entire society within the show based around gender identity.

It's basically just a set-piece and has such a minor impact I wouldn't really call it an LGBT type show, but it does have some representation. I don't recommend if you're watching purely for LGBT aspects though
@Shinkuo
What, no. Thats not correct. It would be closer to intersexed than transgender if anything but it isnt that either.
Apr 23, 2:47 AM
Mar 2023
One character can change their gender. They identify as male until this happens. Afterward they still seem to identify as male, but as is the case with way too much anime, once he becomes a girl he does start showing attraction to the MC. I wouldn't call this representation, just a bad trope.

The show starts pretty promising, but goes nowhere fast, and is, as is often the case, ultimately an advertisement for the LN series it's based on. So I wouldn't really suggest it anyway.
Apr 23, 3:11 AM

Oct 2015
I have read 9 volumes of the LN, don’t see any gays, lesbians…

Well, Pete has a larger harem than Oliver due to him being a reversi. XD

EDIT: Maybe tranny Tim? Do trannies count as LGBT?
NewestPersonHereMay 13, 6:55 PM
Apr 23, 3:18 AM
May 2022
This is kind of a spoiler, but there is a character that changes genre. It has to do with that person's powers, which allows the person to change genre. That's probably it.
Apr 23, 4:06 AM

Jul 2017
One character is genderfluid and theres a genderfluid community i guess
Apr 23, 4:20 AM
Oct 2020
Dan_ALves said:
This is kind of a spoiler, but there is a character that changes genre. It has to do with that person's powers, which allows the person to change genre. That's probably it.

Man I sure do love when a character can change the genre
Apr 23, 4:37 AM
May 2022
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
Dan_ALves said:

Man I sure do love when a character can change the genre
@CrunchyCrobat I can´t tell if you´re being sarcastic or not.
Apr 23, 4:39 AM
Oct 2020
Dan_ALves said:

Of course I am, you wrote genre instead of gender, I was just joking about it
Apr 23, 5:36 AM

Apr 2021
How about the reverse gender happening to students ?

Isn’t that basically what kids today are trying to do?

This puts a “magical” spin on it, so they can address the topic.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 23, 9:43 AM
Jul 2022
I think it's cuz one of the characters changes his gender (am saying his cuz he's originally a boy born a boy so if he were real he would probably prefer it don't cancell me)
Apr 23, 12:00 PM
May 2022
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
Dan_ALves said:

Of course I am, you wrote genre instead of gender, I was just joking about it
@CrunchyCrobat Oh shit, didn´t even noticed hahaha.
Apr 23, 3:26 PM
Nov 2019
I'd say why does it matter? Anime is anime, if it sounds good then watch it. if not, then don't. it's pretty simple. don't like ut? drop it.
Apr 23, 3:32 PM
Apr 2020
it's not LGBT, idk why people wanna make everything LGBT 🙄
Apr 23, 4:03 PM
Apr 2019
ejleon said:

The difference is in this anime they actually changed genders, something you can’t do in real life. I think that’s why people are saying it’s not lgbt
Apr 23, 5:06 PM
Oct 2014
traed said:
@Shinkuo
What, no. Thats not correct. It would be closer to intersexed than transgender if anything but it isnt that either.

You sure? I'm pretty sure that entire character Arc was that character coming to terms with their physiology and identity. That to me is a classic coming-out LGBT story theme that I considered "Transgendered" since they are the opposite sex of what they had considered themselves originally. Maybe I'm not understanding the difference between "intersexed" and "transgendered" but I'm under the impression that it's basically the same thing since the idea is the individual is no longer cisgendered.
But how would you describe it? I thought my answer was pretty spot on as related to OP's original question
Apr 23, 5:08 PM
Jan 2024
It’s precedent for the second LN and only carries minor plot convince in the third. The anime covers the first three and it’s not really important to the overall plot. Barely comes up through volume 10 and has no baring on the story.
Apr 23, 5:11 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Shinkuo
traed said:
@Shinkuo

You sure? I'm pretty sure that entire character Arc was that character coming to terms with their physiology and identity. That to me is a classic coming-out LGBT story theme that I considered "Transgendered" since they are the opposite sex of what they had considered themselves originally. Maybe I'm not understanding the difference between "intersexed" and "transgendered" but I'm under the impression that it's basically the same thing since the idea is the individual is no longer cisgendered.
But how would you describe it? I thought my answer was pretty spot on as related to OP's original question
@Shinkuo
A trans person would potentially relate but that doesnt make the character exactly trans when magic is involved.
Apr 23, 5:18 PM
Oct 2014
traed said:
@Shinkuo
A trans person would potentially relate but that doesnt make the character exactly trans when magic is involved.

But they physiologically become a sex opposite of what they identify as. Whether through magic or surgery the situation would be the same, no?
Apr 23, 8:56 PM

Apr 2021
Todday said:
ejleon said:

The difference is in this anime they actually changed genders, something you can’t do in real life. I think that’s why people are saying it’s not lgbt

Well, with all due respect, I consider gender to be a combination of the body, “heart”, mind, and soul.

So because the character retains their same male mind, “heart”, soul, in a female body, it seems similar to what humans are trying to do in reality.

Meaning, finding a way to change the body through different methods, without considering the “heart”, mind. and soul.
ejleonApr 24, 1:34 AM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 26, 8:36 AM
Aug 2021
There's a character people relate to a transgender but it's not really because the character actually changers his sex and all his biology/DNA, it's not just a mental health condition.
Apr 29, 9:05 PM
Oct 2014
StarZone1 said:
There's a character people relate to a transgender but it's not really because the character actually changers his sex and all his biology/DNA, it's not just a mental health condition.

Surprisingly there are medical conditions where individuals have ambiguous sexual features, so transgenderism can sometimes occur due to this and not just because of an identity association, though I do admit it is a very small and niche area.

If during development a genetic male or female (XY and XX chromosomed respectively) sees an insensitivity to their respective sex hormone (i.e. testosterone and estrogen) and/or overproduction of the opposite sex hormone they can have genitalia that appears both male and female. In addition, the hormonal disregulation can cause secondary sexual features (i.e. breast development and facial hair) to appear, further entrenching gender dysmorphia. You sometimes get patients well into their 30s who are still unsure of their sexual identity due to not have their genetics checked and having these physical conditions, and it can lead to a lot of gender identity confusion.
Pretty sure that's not what this show was going for but there is kind of a real world equivalent

Just thought you might find it interesting that there are cases where genetics and medical conditions can play a role in gender identity.
May 20, 9:05 PM

Dec 2016
NewestPersonHere said:
I have read 9 volumes of the LN, don’t see any gays, lesbians…

Well, Pete has a larger harem than Oliver due to him being a reversi. XD

EDIT: Maybe tranny Tim? Do trannies count as LGBT?

Well, as an anime only, there was at least one gay character as well as potencially one lesbian shown in the anime (the black woman and the blonde kid from carlos and godfrey group).
Jul 8, 4:35 PM

Mar 2016
I also wondering where lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

223 by AtotehZ »»
Oct 9, 7:29 AM

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.