Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2023 7:40 AM

Jul 2017
In the end, Tajima returned the stolen USB from Mizuhara, but for Shiota Chem to say that it's of a minor issue, it shows greed that they don't really care about the small things and focusing on the big picture.

Tajima going for a drink, and Kataoka just so happened to be there to express his lament about Namidome being folded into Shiota Chem, everyone feels the pinch that if the merger goes ahead, they'll lose their freedom. But glancing through Tajima's past with his now ex-wife filing for divorce, he just doesn't think twice. To Namari, the work on Ryugan Island must still continue, though all other reparations are at the company's call, though his own personality thankfully does not weave with Shiota at hand. Investigating the island's incident, Mizuhara's thesis proves true, though they are limited by Shiota's permission, and the attempt to remove the activator PIN will cause big trouble for them. For Miyuki, all she wanted to do was to realize and fight for her dreams, which are the dreams of others, and will indefinitely stifle relations between Namidome and Shiota.

Worse for them, Tetsuro could not drive Bullbuster due to Shiota's complete lockdown, but it's not a far-fetched idea that the crowdfunding will help them get back on track. And all Tetsuro, Arumi and Miyuki needed was Muto, because they know that it's Shiota's cover-up, and there is no turning back once the plan sets in motion. The secret meeting between Tajima, Kataoka and Mizuhara, the president thankfully made a copy of that data, and will sacrifice himself to pin the blame and expose the truth, even if it's a gamble. The trio trying to make Ryugan Island turn into a news fanfare, they count on the people to prove their point as the truth gets to the views.

Namidome's future is on the line, and Tajima has made the call to expose the truth. Namidome is back in business BABY!
Dec 6, 2023 5:14 PM

Sep 2020
It's war!
Namidome has officially declared war on Shiota!
Dec 8, 2023 3:29 AM

Mar 2008
Finally they just give Shiota Chem the middle finger and do something better than wait around for things to settle out.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dec 8, 2023 8:08 PM

Oct 2022
Finally.. a normal human being fighting back against evil and greedy company...
Dec 9, 2023 10:11 AM

Sep 2021
I really love how intense this became. I'm so excited for how Namidome will take on Shiota. Hopefully it's the same for the livestream viewers, so they can succeed with their plan.

But even with the great start, I'm super curious what Shiota will do to stop Namidome. According to Mizuhara, they should have a trick or two in store!
Dec 10, 2023 5:57 PM

Feb 2019
I has got REALLY good!! I'm legit impressed. A terribly long and slow build up, but it's getting there
Dec 10, 2023 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
If there is one VERY important lesson too many people have to learn in life is that if don't make decisions that lay in your hands someone else is gonna take that power from you and make a decision in your place. But you may not like what they decide and it could get too far to change afterwards
Dec 12, 2023 3:19 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, best episode yet.
Washizu knows how to handle the situation to minimise bad PR as Mizuhara's delusion and tweaking data to fit her hypothesis.
Tajima overhears Kataoka at a hostess bar; his reasons for acting the way he does at Namidome is because he blames himself causing his previous company to collapse due to not offering his opinion. Meanwhile, Shirogane didn't speak up against the sales department abusing its employees at her previous employer. Now at Namidome, she puts things right with Nikaido and Okino. Namari's crowdfunding was nothing more than a stopgap measure, but his idea was in the right direction, inspired by how an old anime made merchandise, and harkening back to the dangerous live-streamer that Mutou injured himself saving, the rebellious workers came up with a 21st-century way of monetizing their work and exposing knowledge of the beasts to the public; live-streaming.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 13, 2023 2:13 AM

Feb 2022
I'm really surprised to see how low rated this series is. I've really been enjoying it
A small Japanese company being forced to navigate the minefields of budgets and societal business constructs and expectations in Japan with mechas and characters with interesting personalities.

Not sure why people don't like it. Maybe the societal differences between US and JP are just too much that people don't understand why they act the way they do.
Dec 13, 2023 4:04 PM

Jun 2019
PotionDweller said:
I'm really surprised to see how low rated this series is. I've really been enjoying it
A small Japanese company being forced to navigate the minefields of budgets and societal business constructs and expectations in Japan with mechas and characters with interesting personalities.

Not sure why people don't like it. Maybe the societal differences between US and JP are just too much that people don't understand why they act the way they do.

It was low-rated essentially right from the start, or at least, very near the beginning. It had something around the current rating within the first couple of episodes. Seems like people watched an episode or two, it wasn't what they were expecting of it and/or saw some cheap-looking CGI (in my view like a lot of CGI which often doesn't integrate seamlessly with everything else) and wrote it off. Obviously can't know that for sure, but intuition tells me it's largely some shallow reasoning like that.
Dec 13, 2023 4:58 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to WatchTillTandava
PotionDweller said:

It was low-rated essentially right from the start, or at least, very near the beginning. It had something around the current rating within the first couple of episodes. Seems like people watched an episode or two, it wasn't what they were expecting of it and/or saw some cheap-looking CGI (in my view like a lot of CGI which often doesn't integrate seamlessly with everything else) and wrote it off. Obviously can't know that for sure, but intuition tells me it's largely some shallow reasoning like that.
@WatchTillTandava

Yeah its a damn shame! We've been kind of blessed this season with some really decent to good animes so I can kind of understand people overlooking it or writing it off. I can't deny the beast CGI is god awful, but the rest of it is solid and the beasts themselves haven't been overly prevalent - as ironically like most good mech animes - its not really about the mechs as much as it is about the people.
Dec 13, 2023 10:51 PM

Jun 2019
PotionDweller said:
Yeah its a damn shame! We've been kind of blessed this season with some really decent to good animes so I can kind of understand people overlooking it or writing it off. I can't deny the beast CGI is god awful, but the rest of it is solid and the beasts themselves haven't been overly prevalent - as ironically like most good mech animes - its not really about the mechs as much as it is about the people.

Definitely. I hear you. It's my second favorite of the season after The Apothecary Diaries and assuredly somewhere in my Top 10 of the year as well. I don't see anything about that changing with only one episode left to go. I also think this series is likely just too down to Earth or realistic in what it chooses to focus on probably for most people's taste (or, at least among the pool of people who were most likely to choose to watch it alone based on the synopsis and genres like action and mecha listed for it). In that it focuses on the intimacy of a struggling small company, bureaucracy battles and financial woes. Minutiae and mundanity or "boring" stuff, as opposed to making the action and combat sequences take center stage.

The CGI sucks, but most CGI sucks to me to varying degrees, in anime and everything else. Apart from a few rare series which utilize it uniquely well, like Dorohedoro, Beastars, and Houseki no Kuni. But those are like the gold standard and exceptions to the rule. Anyway, visuals take a backseat in the hierarchy of importance for me in which anime I tend to gravitate to. For me it's writing above all else. Writing > voice acting > music/OST > direction > art style and animation. And this is one of the better written series I've seen this year. I wouldn't say that I dislike mecha or avoid it, but it's not a genre/subgenre I tend to seek out, but I give everything a shot so I'm glad I picked up this one just on the basis of the synopsis being interesting and just vague enough to leave room to be possibly more interesting yet still than it let on, which it was.

Maybe it's one which will become more popular like a minor cult classic in 5 - 10 years or more after its release.
WatchTillTandavaDec 13, 2023 11:00 PM
Dec 14, 2023 8:44 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to WatchTillTandava
PotionDweller said:

Definitely. I hear you. It's my second favorite of the season after The Apothecary Diaries and assuredly somewhere in my Top 10 of the year as well. I don't see anything about that changing with only one episode left to go. I also think this series is likely just too down to Earth or realistic in what it chooses to focus on probably for most people's taste (or, at least among the pool of people who were most likely to choose to watch it alone based on the synopsis and genres like action and mecha listed for it). In that it focuses on the intimacy of a struggling small company, bureaucracy battles and financial woes. Minutiae and mundanity or "boring" stuff, as opposed to making the action and combat sequences take center stage.

The CGI sucks, but most CGI sucks to me to varying degrees, in anime and everything else. Apart from a few rare series which utilize it uniquely well, like Dorohedoro, Beastars, and Houseki no Kuni. But those are like the gold standard and exceptions to the rule. Anyway, visuals take a backseat in the hierarchy of importance for me in which anime I tend to gravitate to. For me it's writing above all else. Writing > voice acting > music/OST > direction > art style and animation. And this is one of the better written series I've seen this year. I wouldn't say that I dislike mecha or avoid it, but it's not a genre/subgenre I tend to seek out, but I give everything a shot so I'm glad I picked up this one just on the basis of the synopsis being interesting and just vague enough to leave room to be possibly more interesting yet still than it let on, which it was.

Maybe it's one which will become more popular like a minor cult classic in 5 - 10 years or more after its release.
@WatchTillTandava

Well put, hope it gets a little more notoriety for being good, but often the unpolished gems get overlooked a lot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 22, 2023

11 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 15, 2023

8 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 8, 2023

23 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 5 Discussion

Fortress_Maximus - Nov 1, 2023

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Bullbuster Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 25, 2023

13 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.