Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2023 11:40 PM

Dec 2009
As summer closes in, the newspaper, art and occult club with the vampire girl... discuss their plans of the future or summer, before they become high schoolers, next year.
From being the next club president and fun plans. To Aozora being called by Professor Matsudo calling it to fix a bug.

... Finally, the main trio (Hanako, Olivia and Kasumi) discuss their own plans together. 
As they dicuss plans together (without Aozora who refused) for today; 
Olivia brought games to play which is something they haven't done in a while from the recent drama, which Hanako accepts to do so at her house. 
Olivia mentions she'll be visiting family at her home country for a while, next week, which she invites both girls, but only Hanako accepts due to Kasumi's lack of a passport.

They continue discussing their plans, as Hanako plans her trip with Olivia, and in the end before leaving, they look back at their club room door, 
... the "Pastimer Research Club". 
--- The End ---

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bittersweet Ending with at least a tiny glimpse of some insight of the cast's future, including some of the supporting characters...
but it doesn't change the fact of how bad the last volumes have been and how disgracefully the manga has neglected the main trio to lead to its latest manga spin-off with the new characters. 

Critically, due to the last volumes, this Manga has become a 6/10, 
but because the first three quarters were far too great in comedy comparison to the last quarter, it should not deserve less than a 6/10. 
... Otherwise, before some plots and characters, the Manga was an 8/10 for how hilarious and enjoyable it was for its unique creativity of supernatural and ridiculous genuinely funny comedy. 
It's flawed in the end for being lackluster with loose ends, bad character development from the drama, and stupid plots, but aside from that, it was great. 7/10.

Unfortunately, I think around the Theater Chapter 109, the manga started declining.
Specifically since the drama with Kasumi neglecting her friends over Aozora became more serious, and around a time when the four specific new main characters of the spin-off became weirder.
Hanako's robot "boyfriend" Koichi becoming a cheater in gigolo mode wasn't great either, with the odd dramatic love triangle from those other two female side characters.
Kasumi's mysterious big sister being the cause for Kasumi to hate games was ruined by solely using her in the end with a stupid ridiculous plot while making her detestable... and whatever else I can't remember.

Aside from that, a lot was left unexplored from many great running jokes and plot points.
Although some of them may return in the 'Outsider Paradise' spin-off since they're still present in the same school, even if it's now focusing on the supporting characters while excluding Asobi Asobase's main characters.

The Occult Club's vampire who became a loli would have been fun to see more of. 
The aliens getting Maeda's ultimate weapon in his ass back could be interesting.
Olivia's big brother curing his curse somehow and get his original beauty back while somehow avoiding Olivia's original death from sickness to come back.
Higuchi-sensei being more utilized like finding a boyfriend or something more than what she got in the end.
Overall, Hanako and Olivia's future and relationships since they got neglected after the drama of Kasumi and Aozora, along with the new cast members.

... I don't know if there were any other fun plots, jokes or characters that could have been explored more, 
definitely the Occult Club with their experiments, but... regardless. What a shame on how it ended so poorly.
waalex11Jul 31, 2023 7:29 PM
Aug 7, 2023 3:51 PM
Aug 2018
This manga had a unique style that it started losing in the second half; not knowing what else to do with the game club killed it. It's hard to call this a conclusion, it's more like an excuse to get rid of the asobi girls and officially make the girls from the other clubs the protagonists.
Aug 13, 2023 11:40 PM
Dec 2020
I still don’t get how even the last chapters still focus on the third years. It’s like the pasclub trio had become side characters in their own manga. Pretty vague ending too, leaving everything up to imagination doesn’t really work when you drop some bombshells in the previous chapter.

EDIT: just came to know about the new spin-off about the third years. Really fucking shows how much the author just wants to draw penpen and chanel doing whatever they do instead of the pasclub. God this manga fell off more than watamote.
tausopausoAug 13, 2023 11:47 PM
Aug 14, 2023 12:21 AM

Oct 2013
I think this was a good ending for the original trio. Does the author obviously care more about the art/news club? Yes. But that's not really a problem since I liked all their chapters. Also the new manga, Outsider Paradise, is already pretty great. 
It's just a shame we didn't see more of the Occult Club...
Aug 14, 2023 11:39 AM
Jun 2014
Ngl I still don't get what the whole art club arc was about, It was so out of place and I didn't like it at all. We wasted like 5 volumes on them and didn't get an ending for the main trio, It was literally a 5 volumes long yuri bait story between two secondary characters. I think that her editor probably told her to stop Asobi Asobase and just start a manga about those characters because at this point there was no games (and no fun on my part) anymore. Overall a great start, one of my favorite comedy, but also one of my biggest letdown, I would keep buying the french release until volume 10, but past that I don't see myself supporting it. 
Sep 15, 2023 6:05 PM
Oct 2020
Is this the last chapter?

This was one of my favorite comedy manga's until near the end where it just completely fell off and the main trio became side characters in their own manga. I loved the anime a lot and think it's probably one of the best comedy of anime. 8-9/10 until it became 6/10 so in the end I'll give it a 7/10 cause it was really good in the beginning
Jul 15, 11:44 AM

Feb 2018
Watching art and news clubs was amusing but it felt like the author had run out of ideas on how to continue the main trio's story. She should have started writing it as Outsider Paradise earlier. This and a few last chapters in which the author probably wanted to finish some unresolved plots (Koichi, Aozora etc.) which ended up just underwhelming.
Despite that, the first 3/4 was simply excellent and I would feel just bad giving it a score lower than 8/10. Time to read Outsider Paradise!
Sep 22, 11:42 AM
Apr 2017
Someone help. With Aozora saying goodbye, and Hanako and Olivia going abroad, Kasumi is alone and going to die? Seems like a dark ending

More topics from this board

» Worth reading if I like anime adapation?

qwaker - Oct 11

4 by falko92 »»
Oct 13, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Chapter 113 Discussion

waalex11 - Apr 21, 2022

5 by Blblblbl »»
Jul 14, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Chapter 103 Discussion

Softhenic03 - Apr 5, 2022

2 by Blblblbl »»
Jul 13, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Chapter 101 Discussion

Nilvius - Nov 26, 2021

4 by Blblblbl »»
Jul 13, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Asobi Asobase Chapter 98 Discussion

waalex11 - Mar 10, 2022

2 by Blblblbl »»
Jul 13, 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.