Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2023 9:37 AM

Jun 2019
Since the first trailer dropped, I've been seeing a lot of harshful comments about this production, and now the show already has an mediocre score, even tho it's a good value production. I know that there's already a huge bias against vtubers on anime community, but it seems to me, that there's a lot of people disliking the fact that Wit Studio is producing this show too, like if they have an obligation to work only with action-orienthed shonen/seinen, even tho they already worked on productions like Rolling Girls and Pokemon movies in the past. Isn't this behaviour a little too childish? 
Apr 4, 2023 9:44 AM
Mar 2016
I think the main reason is the 3d animation. Anime fans hate anything even semi-related to 3d animation, even if it makes sense in a story about vtubers. I'm sure that most people who watched this and hated it don't really watch vutbers that much and were not used to it. If you take away the vtuber aspect, it seems like this show will be a standard idol show, and those types of shows usually aren't too popular to begin with. Still, I do think the hate is a little overblown, but it should stabilize after a few more episodes come out.
Apr 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Jun 2019
the_great_prince said:
I think the main reason is the 3d animation. Anime fans hate anything even semi-related to 3d animation, even if it makes sense in a story about vtubers. I'm sure that most people who watched this and hated it don't really watch vutbers that much and were not used to it. If you take away the vtuber aspect, it seems like this show will be a standard idol show, and those types of shows usually aren't too popular to begin with. Still, I do think the hate is a little overblown, but it should stabilize after a few more episodes come out.
I don't think that 3d animation is the main reason, since Full-3d animes like D4DJ and Bang Dream don't receive these amount of hate. Like I said, I think that are a decent number of people here who thinks that Wit is these kind of studio like Ufotable or MAPPA, who only works with high budget action productions, probably people who only saw SNK, Vinland and SxF from them. You can see a lot of them in the episode 1 discussion thread and on Twitter saying things like "Why Wit is animating this?". It's really sad how these kind of people act so childish towards the shows that they dislike, I just hope that they don't harass the staff who are working on the anime.
Apr 4, 2023 11:08 AM

Feb 2021
People just hate idol shows I think
Apr 4, 2023 11:24 AM
Oct 2020
I personally don't like idol animes but this is something that has interested me and so far it's seems pretty cool, and it has music by the great aketagwa, and it's an anime about music, it's just such a great combo
Apr 4, 2023 12:02 PM

Mar 2023
Although I'm not particularly fond of idols or vtuber-related content, I found myself enjoying this anime quite a bit. I think the main character was pretty cute, I loved all the details in her design and how cute the show is animated.

I noticed in the comments that it's mostly about the 3D animation, but not about how it looks, just the way how it switches between 2D and 3D. I get that they wanted to make it the cool aspect of this anime, but so many people disliked it...Tbh I can't 100% believe that's only animation, like, 3D is quite common nowadays in anime? Weird:/ I think it was pretty. 

Maybe another reason is that not much happened in the first episode, hm. Like, mostly introducing the MC. Though I saw most of the people just complaining about 3D and that was their main problem.

Apr 4, 2023 12:11 PM

Nov 2008
It's pretty bland for a Vtuber anime outside of anytime Ai is performing, this would be great in 2017-2018, but good god you need a lot more oomph for any Vtuber anime, see the Hololive shorts.  At this point, you're better off watching an actual Vtuber than this anime.

Apr 4, 2023 12:47 PM
Jan 2021
I’ve noticed that too, when seen comments I was like wow people are really something, why so much hate? It is sad when people are like that.It’s anime and if you don’t like don’t watch, leave it alone, nobody is forcing anyone to watch anything. I liked first episode and although it has already low score I will continue watching it and see where the story brings me 😊I hope there are still some decent people who will enjoy it as well….
Apr 4, 2023 1:03 PM
Dec 2020
The Vtube idol scenes have terrible movements. The animation doesn't necessarily need to be top notch, but at least make the characters move like performers instead of NPCs/AI.

Also, the choreography is terrible (so far).
Apr 4, 2023 1:12 PM
Feb 2012
Shingeki fanboys mad that Wit studios is doing something they don't understand.
Apr 4, 2023 1:47 PM
Jun 2020
the_great_prince said:
geez people are pathetic. Bandori did just fine with 3D and everyone crazes over hololive. Kizuna, the literal beginning of Vtubers, should not be getting hate like this.
Apr 4, 2023 2:07 PM
Feb 2023
Infernalization said:
The Vtube idol scenes have terrible movements. The animation doesn't necessarily need to be top notch, but at least make the characters move like performers instead of NPCs/AI.

Also, the choreography is terrible (so far).

When she started her performance, I was sure she was going to be made fun of by her class for how awkward she looked.
Apr 4, 2023 2:08 PM
Apr 2022
We have to make a distinction here between the actual VTubers performance, like in the intros right at the beginning (not the OP), -> this being a VTuber showcase, I'll accept this. Pretty contemprorary year 2023 mocap VTuber fare here. But perhaps people dont like it because their suspension of belief is shattered. 

And contrast this during the usual story bits, like say, Sanzigen's Bang! Dream/D4DJ (as well as during their insert song performances) or Studio Orange.
Overall, its pretty good Wit Studio 2D animation as expected. 

Also I think Spy vs Family wih Cloverworks collab (and the big budget) may have raised expectations too much. Just looking at the OP, theres some odd looking 2D animations. I suppose some of the hate is directed towards this.

Hey, we get a song right after the first minute! Yay!

Still going between the somewhat stiff looking 2D animation, to the awkward mocap of the vtube performances does makes me wish they just go whole hog with just doing it all 3d awkward mocap and all, (and then then tidy it all up like how Sanzigen does it, or just leave it be). Sanzigen and Orange have already shown how so much detail in the textures can be captured by going 3D. Its a wasted opportunity. Alot of the expressions can also be captured going 3D. Wit Studio clearly does not have the experience. You know, we can compare this to Cloverworks' UniteUp, their 3D mocap is better. Interesting that they are both doing Idol shows in between Spy vs Family seasons lol. Sanzigen is far and away the boss. Just look at how they make their 3D look like 2D in D4DJ. Puts Sunrise/Sublimation to shame.

However I do feel a bit puzzled by the story telling. Feels haphazard. At least the MC isnt the brooding type.
Apr 4, 2023 6:36 PM
Apr 2022
Pretty sure it's because most people don't know much about vtubers
Apr 4, 2023 8:20 PM

Oct 2010
Simple. This one is a bland low production quality show trying to ride on VTuber popularity wave. Relying on Kizuna Ai power to add to insult.
Story is weak. Performance is stiff. Songs are generic. Why should I praise it?
Make a good show and people will dig regardless of theme and 3D usage. Make a mediocre one and people will chew instead.
Apr 4, 2023 10:34 PM
Aug 2022
MadanielFL said:
People just hate idol shows I think

I love idol shows but this one definitely rubbed me off the wrong way, so to speak
Apr 4, 2023 11:07 PM

May 2010
There sure is a lot of speculation here. "People just hate because of x reason" without actually having anything to back up their claims. Can't it just be that the show is just not that great? I watched the first episode, its not that great. The animation and CG is fine but story wise, it just didn't hook me like other music theme shows have. Just because it has the name of Kizuna Ai's name doesn't mean that it HAS to be a huge success. Remember, her channel kinda feel off the radar for a reason. As it stands, I give it a 6/10, a couple more episodes before I keep or drop.

I'm more curious to know what does this mean for Nozomi Kasuga. Last time I heard, she wasn't in great terms with the company over her. For someone who is on a "indefinite hiatus", she seems quite active.
Apr 4, 2023 11:11 PM
Apr 2022
Well, there are 3 types of animations in this show:

1. going by anime standards. the very bad (but typical) 3D Vtubing parts, including Miracle's performance. Mediocre physics, Low polygons, lots of clipping...look at the hair and clothes, they go through each other alot, and gets distracting......good for Twitch and YT. Not good enough for Anime.
2. The MV segments....I think Astrobros is also doing the renders for this: the 3D CGI motion captured MVs. I think this look marvelous. I think it should have been animated this way through the whole show.
3. Wit Studios doing the 2D anime standard work. So far, looking fairly stiff, looks power pointy at times...alot of static frames and minimal movements.

Dont expect much budget. This does not look like a big corpo backed show ala Bushiroad/Sanzigen - pumping out insert songs per episode at the very least, but also sometimes 2-3 songs per episode....up to 6 even lol. Even Bandai/Sunrise Love Live cant keep up with this lol.

At least we get that performance just after the 1st minute, so we'll see if we get a song per episode. If not an insert song for Ep1 (usually for this genre), but we get both here!

Having said such, I wonder what if, Astrobros does the 2D animation bits as well, like in Kazuna's MV, making the whole show fully 3D with quality like that....a missed opportunity to make a positive first impression.
Apr 5, 2023 12:15 PM
May 2019
Idol anime is a hell of slot better than the typical shounen crap that gets constantly regurgitated so I give my many thanks to Wit for taking this project on. You'll get no hate from me.
Apr 6, 2023 5:19 AM
Dec 2021
I liked the first episode, I didn't find it a masterpiece but I watched it with pleasure and it ran smoothly, so I will continue it with pleasure, in my opinion the reason why it has such a low rating is because the impressions it has since it was that of a big advertisement on Kizuna Ai, I didn't imagine there wouldn't be since this anime is directly connected to her, however I think a rather shameless advertisement was made and therefore the involvement of the public has come a bit lacking for this , if they had done it in a slightly less marked way it would have been better.
in addition, in my opinion, another problem is that of the difference between the quality of the avatars of Kizuna AI and of Miracle, and therefore also their performances, it can be seen so much that they used two qualities of different models, they should have taken only one (that of Kizuna Ai , who is objectively the best) and also do it on Miracle, because the feeling of looking at something detached and very strong in this way, is linked to the factor of involvement.
the 2D technical side, on the other hand, is average, nothing commendable but not horrible either, and I think people didn't expect this from Wit studio (even if they already saw it from the teailers) so I think these are the reasons for the low rating.
Apr 7, 2023 6:21 AM
Apr 2020
The more opinionated comments were along the lines of why is Wit Studio animating this instead of X series i.e. "stealing/wasting resources" on this series when it could be put towards something "better". The entitlement of some people smh. Personally, the story doesn't attract me (Don't really watch slice-of-life these days) but everything else is alright I suppose. I do like the nod towards vtubers and how the performance mimics performances done by irl vtubers with the same 3D visuals. The direction they seem to be heading into is more idol-esq just on a virtual platform this time. Those who are familiar with vtubers know that vtubers aren't all 100% idols in the sense that they do other forms of content too. The idol/music part is just a type of content that they do so there might be some hate for solely focusing on the idol aspect maybe? 

There's also lots of overlaps with people that dislike Kizuna Ai/vtubers in general/idols in general/using Kizuna Ai to promote the series (I don't think that's true, she's just a building block to flesh out their world) and whatever other reasons you can think of. Sadly the accumulated hate just found a spot to gather and focus on i.e. this series. I thought the series was pretty clear in what it was going to be about so it's sad to see those who clearly dislike it yet hop on to throw hate out of spite. Why put something down you don't like and ruin the enjoyment of those who do like it? It had a rough start similar to the latest Gundam series (Witch of Mercury) which received some backlash during the first few episodes but soon died off later so I hope that this series gets it's redemption arc as well. Sadly anime fans or just people in general to be honest are getting more and more entitled. 
Apr 11, 2023 8:18 AM
Dec 2019
Cause there's no male characters
Apr 12, 2023 4:27 AM

Feb 2010
tbh, is pretty enjoyable this anime rn.

ppl are trying to compare with bandori or idm@ and this is pretty wrong.
Apr 14, 2023 4:30 AM

Sep 2009
Sekirodiealotoft said:
clearly didn't watch any of the first episode.
Apr 14, 2023 7:44 AM
Jan 2020
For me, the story is boring, lack of interesting although I love Idol anime and Kizuna AI.
In first 2 Ep, there are just nothing more than introduction arc and meeting friend. The plot seem to be only Miraku trying to be V-idol.
For honest...Why they dont make the anime about Kizuna AI story??? I come here to watch AI.
Sorry to say this but I dont have any interested in this anime MC (even after
I watched the second Ep). 🙂
Apr 14, 2023 1:07 PM
Dec 2019
komic said:
Sekirodiealotoft said:
clearly didn't watch any of the first episode.
I did. I'm talking about the lack of prominent male characters in the show being why people are so quick to tune it out. I don't plan on watching more, but it's the vibe i get from it.
Apr 20, 2023 3:25 PM

May 2020
It’s advertising NFTs.
Apr 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Sep 2009
maybe because it's advertised as a Kizuna Ai anime but she is barely in it and only used as a plot device
Apr 24, 2023 1:17 PM
Mar 2016
I saw a video Rev made about this recently. He says a lot of the hate was from her pushing NFTs back in the day, and apparently there's even a clip in the anime. I haven't seen this yet, and it will probably be a while before I do, so I'll reserve my judgment for now.

NFTs may be a complete scam, and I obviously don't know Ai's intentions there. That being said, a lot of people were pushing them back in the day, including extracurricular artists I liked to try and make a little money on the side. And I'm not going to hate on a small indie artist for trying to take advantage of a trend like that. Ai's obviously not a small indie project, but I have no idea what her contract is like. There could well be a stipulation on selling a quota in there.

If she's still pushing them today, that's a different story, although Japan and China might look at the concept differently than the West. I don't have much experience with her content, but she never struck me as a greedy soulless shill either. Every content creator will do and say dumb shit and eventually get cancelled over something. I don't really care when it comes to most controversies like this. Even if the worst were true, I could still separate the art from the artist/inspiration.

Just figured I'd bring up the NFT angle. Hopefully this isn't just a cash grab, and people think more highly of it in the future. Corpos and cancel culture ruin everything. I really wish both of those things would get better sooner rather than later, but I expect both to get worse in the foreseeable future.
Apr 25, 2023 11:40 AM

Feb 2021
Darkdaxter said:
I saw a video Rev made about this recently.  He says a lot of the hate was from her pushing NFTs back in the day, and apparently there's even a clip in the anime.  I haven't seen this yet, and it will probably be a while before I do, so I'll reserve my judgment for now.

NFTs may be a complete scam, and I obviously don't know Ai's intentions there.  That being said, a lot of people were pushing them back in the day, including extracurricular artists I liked to try and make a little money on the side.  And I'm not going to hate on a small indie artist for trying to take advantage of a trend like that.  Ai's obviously not a small indie project, but I have no idea what her contract is like.  There could well be a stipulation on selling a quota in there.

If she's still pushing them today, that's a different story, although Japan and China might look at the concept differently than the West.  I don't have much experience with her content, but she never struck me as a greedy soulless shill either.  Every content creator will do and say dumb shit and eventually get cancelled over something.  I don't really care when it comes to most controversies like this.  Even if the worst were true, I could still separate the art from the artist/inspiration.

Just figured I'd bring up the NFT angle.  Hopefully this isn't just a cash grab, and people think more highly of it in the future.  Corpos and cancel culture ruin everything.  I really wish both of those things would get better sooner rather than later, but I expect both to get worse in the foreseeable future.
Lmao Rev being Rev 
Apr 27, 2023 2:00 PM

Mar 2021
Watched ep 1 and its pretty cool

If they complain about the 3D, lmao they're just dumb, go make better 3D if you can, this is actually better than most 3D scenes
Its like every VTubers now, they have amazing technology, models, and rigging, if this is not enough beautiful and fluid for you, well Idk what you need

For the story, just wait and see, its only the beggining, and Kizuna "disapeared" so she may return, I just hope its not like Oshi no ko where 
and is the reason for the story to continue

If its dumber like hating Kizuna, why are you even here

Anyway I dont see anything bad, its a normal idol anime, with 3D for the danse scenes
Apr 30, 2023 3:35 PM
Jan 2021
Not a fans of vtuber and never follow any vtuber (not even ai kizuna). But this show is actually a good way to introduce vtuber to non vtuber fans. 8/10 from me.

People just hate vtuber because vtuber fans in real life are very childish and nerdy.
May 1, 2023 9:43 AM

Aug 2021
SerahKyu said:

If they complain about the 3D, lmao they're just dumb, go make better 3D if you can, this is actually better than most 3D scenes
Its like every VTubers now, they have amazing technology, models, and rigging, if this is not enough beautiful and fluid for you, well Idk what you need

For the story, just wait and see, its only the beggining, and Kizuna "disapeared" so she may return, I just hope its not like Oshi no ko where 

Anyway I dont see anything bad, its a normal idol anime, with 3D for the danse scenes
it promotes NFTs too tho, thats probably why a lot of people dont like it
May 1, 2023 6:39 PM

Mar 2021
juliayousoro said:
SerahKyu said:

I didnt know, where ? in the anime ? maybe not episode 1
But yeah I hate NFT too, but if its not in, or dont affect the story, or not in our face, I may be okay to watch
May 1, 2023 6:49 PM
Jul 2008
SerahKyu said:
juliayousoro said:
But yeah I hate NFT too, but if its not in, or dont affect the story, or not in our face, I may be okay to watch
At the end of episode 3 there's a stinger with the characters talking about the contest and NFTs come up and they talk about them. I hope it doesn't go much further since, well, no one should be promoting NFTs.
May 1, 2023 8:03 PM

Feb 2021
Sevs said:
SerahKyu said:
At the end of episode 3 there's a stinger with the characters talking about the contest and NFTs come up and they talk about them. I hope it doesn't go much further since, well, no one should be promoting NFTs.
NFTs are quite big in the Vtuber scene in Japan. 

Agencies there are constantly using it, and it's not as controversial as it is in the west. 
May 2, 2023 3:01 PM

Aug 2021
MadanielFL said:
Sevs said:
NFTs are quite big in the Vtuber scene in Japan. 

Agencies there are constantly using it, and it's not as controversial as it is in the west. 
there really isnt a lot in the vtuber scene? i can think of one i think but thats all, if theres more im unaware of feel free to say

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 12 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 19, 2023

16 by Deazu »»
Jan 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

9 by Deazu »»
Jan 9, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 5, 2023

8 by Deazu »»
Jan 9, 10:06 AM

» Do people still watch this after it tried to sell nfts?

Roch2001 - Jun 13, 2023

32 by Roch2001 »»
Oct 30, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 15, 2023

12 by Thaliel »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.