Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2023 2:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It's great to have this show back! I love the way they introduced the cast over the first few minutes of the show in a nonchalant manner that's so very fitting for the show, and this reminds me that I really should get around to watching Touch & Cross Game too.

Looks like the miss from last season's final ep is still haunting Touma-kun. Souichirou-kun actively pursuing Haruka-san now? Yes, please. It's time to step up the love triangle game, xD.

Hospital scare there. Got to give credit to Nishimura for urging them to go, nonetheless. It's important to make sure all's fine in situations like that, just in case. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that the mother would've given the same response if she were the main victim to not worry her children.

It's no wonder that the team needs to go through some rebuilding phase. And with Fall fast approaching, it'll be interesting to see how they'll cope.

Op & ED sound pretty good. I was very glad when it was announced that sumika-san would be joined by miwa-san for performing the theme songs for the show, and it seems very fitting already!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 1, 2023 3:26 AM

Oct 2015
bruh why is the title so fcking long
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 1, 2023 4:50 AM
Sep 2015
I really don't expect this to have the second season. But since a remake of captain tsubasa also get the second season, this might be a trend or something, reviving classic sports anime.
Apr 1, 2023 4:52 AM
Oct 2016
Back with this calming nice baseball anime. Its been some years since season one but were here again. I'm glad they pointed out everyone's names and their importance. That definitely helped refresh who everyone is. This premiere did a good job recapping but also introducing new storylines along with showing the characters being themselves to set us back into the groove. Each of the blended family siblings, Sou, Tou and Otomi along with Haruka being the main leads which this episode showed each of them. It was sad remembering how that incredible pitching duel shutout that Tou had at the end of last season, ending on an error like that is so disheartening. I can tell he wants to get back to the tournament and redeem himself. This new guy Nishiki who fell in with the wrong crowd trying to rejoin the baseball team should be interesting. It makes sense that after all the media coverage the team got for their efforts in the tournament that people would try to join just for that attention. But this guy seems different, if could not get into trouble maybe he could help the team. I'm excited to see this new season and where the team can go this time.
Apr 1, 2023 6:05 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty nice start for that new season, they reminded well who was who and it was easy to get back on track, the cast never was that special in this series but they are fun to follow

Now time for Tatsuya to truly show up and join the show properly instead of the frustratings cameos from season 1 !

Also that ending's visual is adorable, i love it.
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 1, 2023 7:57 AM
Jun 2022
phantomfandom said:
I really don't expect this to have the second season. But since a remake of captain tsubasa also get the second season, this might be a trend or something, reviving classic sports anime.

Mix isn’t all that classic the 1st season was made in 2019 and the manga started in 2013 I think.
Apr 1, 2023 8:56 AM
Sep 2015
Cryphrox said:
phantomfandom said:

Mix isn’t all that classic the 1st season was made in 2019 and the manga started in 2013 I think.
What about Touch which is what Mix is build upon? Is it consider classic or not?
Apr 1, 2023 9:04 AM
Jun 2022
phantomfandom said:
Cryphrox said:

What about Touch which is what Mix is build upon? Is it consider classic or not?

Yes touch is a classic sports manga/anime but mix isn’t sure it is based as a sequel to touch but in all actuality it’s just a whole different series altogether.
Apr 1, 2023 11:28 AM

Jan 2018
It's still a bit unbelievable for me that this show got a Season 2. After watching H2 I assumed Mix would suffer the same fate but so glad I was wrong.

Excellent first episode. It was cute how the narrator (aka Minami) reintroduced all of the characters and Haruka was finally introduced as the 2nd lead female character, she didn't get that in Season 1 because she debuted late.

The new character Nishiki seems interesting too.

I adore the visuals of the ED. It looks like the manga artwork.

I just rewatched Season 1 of Mix and I enjoyed it way more than I did when I first watched it. Possibly because I watched basically every Mitsuru Adachi anime out there after that.

So my expectations for Season 2 are high.

I am REALLY hoping we'll get to see proper Tatsuya and Minami cameos. I really want to know what happened to them. Did they move out? Do they have kids? Etc. Please no more teasing!

I know Minami is technically the narrator of the series but I want her to make a proper cameo alongside Tatsuya. Hopefully, they get the voice actor for Tatsuya back if there is a scene with him.

While we're at it, I'd also like to know what happened to the two Miyukis from Adachi's older series Miyuki.

I didn't catch it on my first watch of Mix because I still hadn't watched Miyuki yet, but the owner of the Dragon Ramen (now Dragon Cafe) is a character from that series, Masaki Ryuuichi. Albeit his voice actor was recast.

With this new episode revealing his being wealthy, I do wonder how the hell did he get rich.

Either way, it's cool to see that pretty much all the Mitsuru Adachi mangas take place in the same universe which I guess makes sense cause it's supposed to be the real world after all.

There was an episode in Season 1 that referenced Seishuu (Cross Game or Nine?), Senkawa and Meiwa Daiichi (H2), and some other schools. But at the time those could've just been small nods.

So it's cool to remember that in the Miyuki anime which was the first anime adaptation of a Mitsuru Adachi manga, there was an episode where the Meisei baseball team and Minami Asakura made a cameo, a few years before Touch was animated.

So, you could say it's been connected since the beginning.
_MushiRock11_ said:
It's great to have this show back! I love the way they introduced the cast over the first few minutes of the show in a nonchalant manner that's so very fitting for the show, and this reminds me that I really should get around to watching Touch & Cross Game too.

You really should watch both Touch and Cross Game when you get the chance. They're both masterpieces. I think every Mitsuru Adachi anime is worth the watch. But those two are in a league of their own and are must-watch.
0451Apr 1, 2023 11:38 AM
Apr 1, 2023 11:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
@0451 I know for sure that I'll at some point but it's just a matter of when, really. Having this airing weekly will certainly help to bump those and H2 up on my immediate plan-to-watch list once my exams end and I finally attain some time to delve into those classics!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 1, 2023 8:19 PM
May 2020
Im glad its back
Touch my all time fav baseball anime's sequel Mix 2 i was very excited and 1st ep was good like how they introduce everyone looking forward how they'll adapt from manga
Apr 2, 2023 3:01 PM
Mar 2023
I disliked the art style and the baseball story wasn't for me.
Apr 3, 2023 4:18 AM

Apr 2010
Glad Mix is back again. Enjoyed season 1 and will likely enjoy season 2. Can't wait for next ep.
Apr 4, 2023 9:27 PM
Mar 2015
Another wacky baseball season begins To quot Yogi Berra it is deja vu  all over again
Apr 5, 2023 8:12 PM
Jan 2015
i love touch, cross game & h2, mitsuru aidachi have cool chilling vibe story that only exist in 80s, he still have it today. MIX is awesome but I guess new gen will not appreciate it much.
Aug 13, 5:23 AM
Jan 2015
have high hope as a adachi's fan, but man, so boring.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 2 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 8, 2023

10 by esofdiamon »»
Aug 13, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story 2nd Season - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 24 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 23, 2023

10 by DazeFire »»
Feb 18, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story 2nd Season - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 3 Discussion

0451 - Apr 15, 2023

4 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:45 PM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story 2nd Season - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 21 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 2, 2023

19 by Unkrowned »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:21 AM

» Manga after anime & chances of season 3

MrPerfectOtaku - Sep 23, 2023

7 by MrPerfectOtaku »»
Sep 30, 2023 1:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.