Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2023 1:32 AM

Jun 2020
https://youtu.be/S-YsjhfEgEY

I thought that once the preview came out there would be a thread on this anime but I guess not. This is a movie? about travelers going up a mountain that slowly
(if you read preview description you know what) which is a topic that no other anime has ever rlly covered. Apparently it’s based on a board game too but the main appeal is that it’s kinda going to be like made in abyss but upwards. It’s also crowdfunded which is impressive because it seems to have good animation
Mar 1, 2023 1:41 AM

Jan 2013
Seems like it's not coming out any time soon, but it looks pretty damn good.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 1, 2023 9:18 AM

Sep 2007
Should this entry be for the pilot film, and another made for the actual movie which is still in development?

Further details can be found here https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-02-28/madaraushi-crowdfunded-naked-peak-climb-the-mountains-of-madness-pilot-anime-film-debuts-on-youtube/.195355
JaxMar 1, 2023 9:36 AM
Mar 1, 2023 12:35 PM

Feb 2021
Jax said:
Should this entry be for the pilot film, and another made for the actual movie which is still in development?

Further details can be found here https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-02-28/madaraushi-crowdfunded-naked-peak-climb-the-mountains-of-madness-pilot-anime-film-debuts-on-youtube/.195355

Yes, it is a prologue, not the actual movie. And a good one. I was confused firstly. I like it. Hope that the Kokou no Hito will also be adapted into anime series.
Mar 3, 2023 4:33 PM
Jul 2022
Frostwork said:
I'm not sure I can fully enjoy a "romanticized" version of ugly reality.
I can fully understand what you mean. Due to personal interest I informed myself quite a bit on just how extreme the climate in antarctica really is. Travelling like depicted in the pilot would most likely be deadly, simple as that.

But on the other hand I am a huge fan of existential horror in general an Lovecraft's mythos in particular, so I really have high hopes regarding this.
Mar 6, 2023 11:29 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Very good pilot film. Climbing is an interest of mine, and this looks like it will be pretty intense. Excited to see the full film!
Mar 7, 2023 2:41 PM

Feb 2021
The_Black_Eagle said:
Frostwork said:
I'm not sure I can fully enjoy a "romanticized" version of ugly reality.
I can fully understand what you mean. Due to personal interest I informed myself quite a bit on just how extreme the climate in antarctica really is. Travelling like depicted in the pilot would most likely be deadly, simple as that.

But on the other hand I am a huge fan of existential horror in general an Lovecraft's mythos in particular, so I really have high hopes regarding this.

I also like such horror genre.
Mar 9, 2023 12:03 PM

Nov 2021
Looks really good, I have high hopes for this. There are not enough anime with existential horror
Mar 9, 2023 12:09 PM

Mar 2023
Is this a short film? It says the duration is 4 min.
Mar 9, 2023 3:53 PM

Jun 2020
Spunkert said:
Is this a short film? It says the duration is 4 min.

What came out is basically a preview but they called it a short film because they still need more funds i guess. So maybe there will be another entry for the actual movie or mal will just treat it like a preview idk

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyouki Sanmyaku: Naked Peak Episode 1 Discussion

ryzxgum - Mar 9, 2023

8 by Etherius_ZS »»
Sep 13, 2023 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.