Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2022 2:55 PM

Jun 2021
So the Taisei Kensetsu CMs were merged. I just noticed this after my "Taisei Kensetsu CMs" 'Interest Stack' (created on Jul 29 2022, 6:18 AM) got unlisted because there's only 1 entry now. I didn't receive any message regarding my stack being unlisted because the entries were merged. It's fine that the 5 CMs (Qatar, Turkey, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Singapore) + a new addition (Myanmar) and all the threads per entry were also merged and 'More Info' got updated. But it would've been nice if someone notified users regarding this. Imagine someone's effort in making article stacks! Everything concerning the other entries besides the main one got deleted without any notice. And what about the tags and comments/links on "More"/"Notes" section of lists? Same, everything got deleted (Yeah, not everyone utilizes their lists' "More"/"Notes" but how about those who do?).

I feel like they merged the CMs after seeing my stack but it's fine (I mean I last edited my stack on Sep 07, 11:11 PM and the recent posts on "Taisei Kensetsu CMs" forum were on Sep 8, 8:11 AM and Sep 8, 4:58 PM). They could've at least notified users (not exactly me but everyone) regarding the merge as users who marked all previous entries as complete will now have to change the episode count manually (the entry is still marked as complete but the episode count is 1 and there are 6 in total). Plus, users probably rated the entries before with different scores.

Someone requested to merge the CMs on Sep 8, 6:38 AM (Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here).

I checked Anime DB - Recent Entry Merges/Splits/Removals/Denials and they did merge it on September 8.
September 8
Taisei Kensetsu: Bosporus Kaikyou Tunnel (13675), Taisei Kensetsu: Sri Lanka Kousokudouro (21441), Taisei Kensetsu: Vietnam Noi Bai Kuuko (25883), Taisei Kensetsu: Singapore (38065) into https://myanimelist.net/anime/13691

Well, it's fine. No hard feelings. It's just disconcerting and a bit annoying for those who use their lists' "More"/"Notes" section as well as for those who made article stacks when merges/spilts/removals happen.
Sep 13, 2022 1:54 AM

Aug 2017
IridescentJaune said:

Well, it's fine. No hard feelings. It's just disconcerting and a bit annoying for those who use their lists' "More"/"Notes" section as well as for those who made article stacks when merges/spilts/removals happen.

Agree here, tbh as a user of this feature this is a big part of my fear of deleted entries. I didn't remember that when they're merged the comments are also lost? The lack of any notification sucks obviously. And even when they merge, they could at least show something like 3/6 or 5/6 instead of just 1/6. Especially if you can't remember which ones you haven't watched yet.
Sep 13, 2022 6:35 AM

Jun 2021
St0rmblade said:
IridescentJaune said:

Agree here, tbh as a user of this feature this is a big part of my fear of deleted entries. I didn't remember that when they're merged the comments are also lost? The lack of any notification sucks obviously. And even when they merge, they could at least show something like 3/6 or 5/6 instead of just 1/6. Especially if you can't remember which ones you haven't watched yet.

I just rewatched everything to be certain. I didn't want to change the episode count at first because the completion date will change but there's a new entry so it's okay.

I think comments on "More" do get deleted when merges happen. The threads per entry for these CMs only got merged because a mod did so. If only comments for all merged entries somehow get automatically combined...

Now, I get the commotion after Nami got deleted. Everything associated to that entry also got deleted (anime page, threads, tags and comments on lists, ratings).

Not everyone checks the Anime DB - Recent Entry Merges/Splits/Removals/Denials forum so MAL should notify users regarding merges/splits/removals before they merge/split/remove something so users can save whatever's on their "More" section.

They'll probably merge other CMs later on. So I might refrain from making 'Interest Stacks' with closely related CMs.
Jan 7, 2023 11:13 PM
May 2019
Honestly this bothers me a bit because I remembe one of them (at the time, 5) that I thought was done the best was actually the one that HADN'T been directed by Shinkai.
Jan 10, 2023 6:12 PM

Feb 2014
meanwhile manga readers be like "first time"?

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jan 18, 2023 9:50 AM

Jun 2021
You can use DBSentinel to check the merged entries. Just type Taisei Kensetsu on the title field.
I would've shared a screenshot but not keen on joining image hosting sites...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taisei Kensetsu CMs Episode 6 Discussion

Kwanthemaster - Sep 8, 2022

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Taisei Kensetsu CMs Episode 5 Discussion

lihle808 - Sep 1, 2019

4 by Etherius_ZS »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » Taisei Kensetsu CMs Episode 4 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 10, 2014

23 by Etherius_ZS »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:43 PM

Poll: » Taisei Kensetsu CMs Episode 3 Discussion

arsonal - Dec 1, 2013

15 by Etherius_ZS »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Taisei Kensetsu CMs Episode 2 Discussion

Kwanthemaster - Sep 8, 2022

1 by Etherius_ZS »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:37 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.