Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone care to share their opinions on the differences between the manga and anime?

New
Aug 9, 2022 10:10 PM
Jan 2013
Hey!
Ive been wanting to read this manga for a while. I noticed the anime was on Netflix and checked it out, and I... Am not a fan. But I know thats not anything out of the ordinary, and I tend to like manga more anyway.
I'm curious to hear about the differences between the manga and the anime, especially in tone... Is everyone as helpless/boring/goofy in the manga as they are in the show? What did you really like about the manga? Is there a difference in tone?

Anything you wanna share is cool. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.
Aug 10, 2022 2:40 PM
Nov 2021
The probably biggest difference between the anime and the manga is the really terrible pacing of the anime adaptation. I havent actually finished the anime but for example the first 8 episodes of the anime cover around 80 chapter of the manga. And these chapters are more on the longer side. So in the anime you will miss a lot of very important (and very good) character developments and backstorys.
The tone of the manga is also pretty different. Sure, in the beginning the characters are mostly pretty helpless and sometimes also a bit annoying, but i think that thats one of the strong points of the story, because you see how fast they grow and adapt into their new world and with that they become really good characters with deepth. Every one of them has more than just a good or a bad side and these complex character traits are shown more and more in their ongoing attempt to survive.
One small negative point for me would be the art. The art is sometimes a bit messy in hectic situations, but overall is the art still good, especially the more calmer and character specific panels are great.
I would really recommend this manga to you, cause the characters are very good, the worldbuilding and pacing are extremely good aswell as the overall story. It never fails to get you invested in these characters and their story to strive for survival.
Jan 20, 2023 1:05 PM
Jan 2013
Hey, I appreciate your reply! Sorry I'm just now seeing it.

I can deal with some helplessness if there's character development, so good to hear I have that to look forward to. Based on what you mentioned, I think I probably will just stick to reading the manga. Maybe once I finish the manga I'll return to the anime. Thanks!

More topics from this board

Poll: » 7 Seeds Chapter 176 Discussion

Miss_Violet - Aug 9, 2019

1 by jumbosan »»
Mar 16, 10:00 AM

Poll: » 7Seeds Chapter 56 Discussion

fanty - Sep 26, 2013

4 by jumbosan »»
Mar 3, 1:06 AM

Poll: » 7Seeds Chapter 115 Discussion

fanty - Sep 28, 2013

1 by FarCritical »»
Feb 15, 9:15 PM

Poll: » 7Seeds Chapter 114 Discussion

fanty - Sep 27, 2013

1 by FarCritical »»
Feb 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » 7Seeds Chapter 102 Discussion

FiflyAnimeLover - Mar 28, 2012

3 by FarCritical »»
Jan 2, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.