Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
May 8, 2022 12:44 AM

Apr 2020
I am interested to read the LN but want to know how good is it compared to the anime?
I feel like the plot in general and the concept of Ether is quite interesting but the anime does not really explain that much about it. Plus, no offense but the anime adaptation is not the best in my opinion.
So, I want to know what to expect from reading the LN and do you recommend me to read it?
Thanks.
May 8, 2022 2:13 AM

Feb 2017
maple_47 said:
I am interested to read the LN but want to know how good is it compared to the anime?
I feel like the plot in general and the concept of Ether is quite interesting but the anime does not really explain that much about it. Plus, no offense but the anime adaptation is not the best in my opinion.
So, I want to know what to expect from reading the LN and do you recommend me to read it?
Thanks.

I think its a pretty decent anime adaptation...compared to train wreck salty hero season 2 lol

I haven't even finished light novel vol 1 yet so I dont know but I heard its pretty good

I instantly dropped the light novel when I witnessed momo, menou and everyone getting turned into food seasonings by flare

Im not a big fan of bad ending,
I dont want to sit for hours reading things that would only leave a bitter taste in my mouth
Lab_Rat_0978May 8, 2022 2:28 AM
May 8, 2022 2:24 AM

Apr 2020
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

I think its a pretty decent anime adaptation...compared to train wreck salty hero season 2 lol

Let's not compare it with that lol.
Yes, I think it is decent as well. I just feel like the LN offers a lot more and from the plot and concept, it seems like it has potential. That's why I am asking LN readers for their opinions.
May 8, 2022 3:01 AM

Nov 2021
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

If you want to know and understand more about the world, powers, characters, etc, then I recommend reading the LN because it explains a lot more.

I’m currently reading vol.3 rn, and so far the story is really interesting. And the anime adaptation is great and the pacing of the anime is somehow a lot better than I expected.
May 8, 2022 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

I haven't even finished light novel vol 1 yet so I dont know but I heard its pretty good

I instantly dropped the light novel when I witnessed momo, menou and everyone getting turned into food seasonings by flare

I dont want to sit for hours reading things that would only leave a bitter taste in my mouth
Well, “Salty” Hero is performing well while this series continues to drop every week. Used to be top 3 in viewership in Japanese streaming, used to be #1 in animecorner, now it’s not top 10 in either.
removed-userMay 8, 2022 3:33 AM
May 8, 2022 4:49 AM

Jul 2013
jobsack said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

Well, “Salty” Hero is performing well while this series continues to drop every week. Used to be top 3 in viewership in Japanese streaming, used to be #1 in animecorner, now it’s not top 10 in either.

Yet garbage like Dawn of the Witch is number 9

May 8, 2022 10:37 AM
Jan 2019
I think it is a very good adaptation. The major difference I see, is that it's way less gorey descriptions.
May 8, 2022 1:40 PM

Jan 2021
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

The LN is awesome, it obviously has more explanations and exposition than the anime since it can give more insight between actions and intentions. And yeah, the ether and how it works it is better explained in the novel for the reasons I just said.

The anime adaptation is actually well handled, just some minor differences and some anime original scenes but these added scenes don't damage anything narrative wise and they usually are to add even if a little more to the interactions between characters. Even the pacing has been good so far, nothing actually rushed.
May 9, 2022 4:55 PM
Aug 2021
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

out of topic but...nice pfp. I just finished reading it(catched up) yesterday. I really like
May 9, 2022 4:56 PM
Aug 2021
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

out of topic but...nice pfp. I just finished reading it(catched up) yesterday. I really like
May 9, 2022 4:56 PM
Aug 2021
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

May 9, 2022 11:36 PM
Nov 2015
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

The anime cut a lot of world building along with Momo backstory. So i would recommend you to read them. The first volume have more world building than many other isekai series
May 10, 2022 10:48 PM
Nov 2019
It's a decent adaptation while I liked some scenes in anime better for example episode 5 where the betrayal happens, when I read it in the LN I was like bruh that's lame however the VA and the execution of it in anime was done really well, however there are many moments where Anime fails in comparison to LN or the manga.
Execution of main character:the reason I dropped it was how menou was portrayed in anime with goofy expression when in LN she was always shown serious and doubtful of everything.
The character animation and action scene fails to deliver the drama and tension during particular scenes,I wish there was some experienced AD to overlook these aspects of the show.

While the manga does have better fight, it doesn't give off the dark vibe in the artstyle instead it kinda feels fluffy.

It plays those stupid naked trope and shit like when Akari drops her towel, instead in the scene where menou enters the knights consciousness to destroy it was shown like some kiddo tug of war as well the scene where menou borrows Akaris power.

Hope it doesn't turn away from gore and nudity in the other half.
May 13, 2022 7:17 PM
Apr 2017
maple_47 said:
Thanks.

If you ask me to compare LN with the anime, in my opinion, as an anime the animation quality and adaptation of the story itself is good, the important part of the story is also enough if we take 20 minutes in one episode, plus the songs and animation from the OP and ED anime are very good.

And if compared to the anime, the LN itself is more complex in terms of character development and world development in the story, so there are also some things that can only be understood by reading the LN itsef.

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.