Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
Here we go with the final episode! Honestly, this season has been a blast for me, better than the first, or least most of the first that is for sure. No disrespect to Overdress, just there has been something about the old, and overdress, as if it doesn't have the same sort of feel to it. Even if I'd argue that this season has been great in terms of it's tense moments, animation, and music in general. But how did the last ep fair?

The tension is on point once more, with a clash of principals, and what you believe in. A very good fight overall, much like how most of these have been. You really feel for both sides, as both ave their good points,and bad ones. But it makes for a much more interesting fight. With a more positive message and feel through fighting getting through, how nice.

I'm so happy Mirei was smiling, and could seem to have proper fun without worry. She deserves nice things. It really shows ow her world was white there, as if it was brighter. Awww.. Well done Yu-yu.

Awww, she's giving back the flags, well done Mirei. What a nice ending too, with a rematc between Danji and Yu-yu, a very nice Vanguard series overall.

Would I want another season of this? Sure, Overdress might not be the best Vanguard, but it's certainly an OK one. Wouldn't mind more of it.
Dec 27, 2021 8:24 AM
Mar 2019
i enjoy with this anime

its true that it will be season 3 an 4?

i saw in my anime list its put this new season 3 an 4
Dec 27, 2021 8:46 AM

Jan 2014
Crowterrror said:
i enjoy with this anime

Season three I'd say we may get that. If there has been an announcement of some sorts, I'm not sure. From that after credit scene, it could be the seeds for another season. But we'll see if they say anything in the next few days.
Dec 27, 2021 9:13 AM
Sep 2015
The battle is not realistic nor tense like the previous episode, but this is what I expect from Yuyu style, his charming really gives the aura of hope to everyone.

But since Yuyu can save everyone, then who can save him? The next season might reveal his darkest secret, along with a brand new villain. If SS1 is about Touya, SS2 is about Danji, then SS3 would definitely about Yuyu, and that's why I think overDress will have only 3 seasons, but I wouldn't say these characters will never appear again after this.
Dec 27, 2021 10:02 AM

Apr 2020
Ellenwitch said:
Crowterrror said:
i enjoy with this anime

Season three I'd say we may get that. If there has been an announcement of some sorts, I'm not sure. From that after credit scene, it could be the seeds for another season. But we'll see if they say anything in the next few days.

S3 and S4 are already announced.
6/10 like S1 for me.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Dec 27, 2021 10:44 AM
Aug 2015
Surprisingly they improved in this season. Still this finale was incredibly generic and played it safe. I don't like that it was the shallow protagonist who talk-no-jutsu'd the antagonist. The entire drama of this season revolved around a brother and sister's strained relationship so you would think Danji would be the one to confront her seriously. And furthermore, as odd as this sounds, a card game is really not the best way to resolve her trauma considering how serious and grounded the show tries to be and how Vanguard isn't as strongly intertwined with Mirei's character as it should have been.

The story itself was not very interesting. No good reason why Daybreak thought Blackout were bad guys. Stealing flags gives no weight to why I should care about the team battles. I think they could've built the dynamic between some of the characters from the other teams a bit better too.

Despite all the weaknesses there was more of a focus and the show has morphed into more of a card game anime. Unfortunately, because of the awful s1 it still affects the story beats they tried to continue. That being said 6/10.
Dec 28, 2021 9:03 PM

Mar 2012
Huh, that ended up being decent overall. Nothing incredible that blew me away and many things still felt quite silly, but the season actually kept me engaged. Much better than the abomination season 1 was; couldn't really enjoy that one at all.

Let's see where season 3 goes now.
Jan 9, 2022 7:27 PM
Sep 2021
Thanks god this arc is finally over! These last episodes with only cardfights were so boring. I get that some people like that kind of shows, but that's not how Overdress is supposed to be. If it had been like that from the beginning, I would haven never watched it just like I watch anime with sports but not anime that is only about the sports. Overdress is meant to be fun, lighthearted, a story about a group of friends having fun playing cards. It's not that it shouldn' be serious or have drama, but this last arc was nothing but cardfighting scenes and monologues. The previous episodes did a better job of balancing the cardfight scenes. When they aren't the whole episode, they are more entertaining and interesting.

Overall: 7/10 because the slice of life episodes were good and fun but this season was way worse than the first one, it lacked the cast chemistry and the carefreeness of the first season. Zakusa was barely on it and having Danji most of the season away from his friends was a terrible idea. He barely interacted with Yuyu ffs... Please for season 3 go back to the season 1 formula. That's the one that made people start watching the show, that's what we were supposed to have. Let it go back to a show that even people who aren't diehard Vanguard fans can enjoy.
Mar 19, 2022 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
They’re trying to return to the old formula but it really doesn’t work when the cast are grown adults and teens and there’s no sci-fi shit or magic to provide the suspension of disbelief that comes with cardfight teams burning flags and resolving issues with card games. The damage is already done
Mar 30, 2022 12:09 PM

Aug 2018
bonefom said:
Thanks god this arc is finally over! These last episodes with only cardfights were so boring. I get that some people like that kind of shows, but that's not how Overdress is supposed to be. If it had been like that from the beginning, I would haven never watched it just like I watch anime with sports but not anime that is only about the sports. Overdress is meant to be fun, lighthearted, a story about a group of friends having fun playing cards. It's not that it shouldn' be serious or have drama, but this last arc was nothing but cardfighting scenes and monologues. The previous episodes did a better job of balancing the cardfight scenes. When they aren't the whole episode, they are more entertaining and interesting.

Overall: 7/10 because the slice of life episodes were good and fun but this season was way worse than the first one, it lacked the cast chemistry and the carefreeness of the first season. Zakusa was barely on it and having Danji most of the season away from his friends was a terrible idea. He barely interacted with Yuyu ffs... Please for season 3 go back to the season 1 formula. That's the one that made people start watching the show, that's what we were supposed to have. Let it go back to a show that even people who aren't diehard Vanguard fans can enjoy.

Why would you watch a card game anime if you don’t want to see card games? If you want SoL and character interactions then there’s waaay better stuff out there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Nov 15, 2021

2 by 28012001 »»
Oct 30, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Nov 29, 2021

1 by mayejueal »»
Jan 23, 2023 4:07 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Nov 22, 2021

3 by mayejueal »»
Jan 23, 2023 3:51 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Dec 20, 2021

1 by phantomfandom »»
Dec 20, 2021 10:26 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard: overDress Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Ellenwitch - Dec 13, 2021

1 by phantomfandom »»
Dec 13, 2021 9:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.