Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 17, 2021 10:07 PM
Mar 2012
Turned into OnePunchGirl s2. Last few scenes feel like ending, but fight weaker than previous ones dont suit a director's finale. It's really a mid-arc for the witch on their journey.
Biggest reveal maybe Sumeragi on peace & obsession with Sally, and how onis born from hatred.

ep5-6 arc also spoils ep11-12 arc, so need to watch this 'finale' first as mid arc.

Sally development has been nice, tho why she leaving before learning any magic?
Sep 17, 2021 11:03 PM

Feb 2020
I'm... not so sure what ever was new throughout these 12 episodes. Felt like they didn't go anywhere with Sally's intentions, Frau got kinda pushed off after the intro, in fact just about every character on the protag's side has been pushed aside so far. Mikoto should've gotten more spotlight here. ah its just too bad..

Not saying anything new here, but yeah this really should've been linear. The last episode does give a better sendoff than the original though... maybe. As long as this doesn't get a 2nd season.

This isn't very good to see from the director who will be at the forefront of the GFL adaptation next year. Said this before, but I am really hoping he does not mess it up.
Sep 18, 2021 1:17 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Not a bad finale I guess. Sally being strong was fun to watch and it was a solid way to wrap the story up

I got used to the weird ordering around the middle of the series

Sep 18, 2021 6:20 PM

Oct 2018
i don't know how to feel exactly for this anime. It was good but the way they do the story is weird even if we all understand at the end but it would be better in my opinion with a normal chronoligical from the story
By the way, it was cool to look but not more (i will maybe look how is the manga by curiosity)
Sep 18, 2021 10:29 PM

Oct 2008
what a clusterfarg of a chronological order...well any news about S2? i doubt they mess it up again...
3/5.
7/10.

Sep 19, 2021 10:31 PM
Mar 2015
Never trust an elf or dwarf as far as you can throw them
Sep 20, 2021 1:36 AM
Sep 2008
The way it was told it was a mess, only kept watching it due to the female character design.
Sep 20, 2021 7:12 PM

Nov 2018
Airing out of order took a mediocre show and made it a bad show.
Sep 20, 2021 8:13 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, I watched in the chronological order, how things are naturally supposed to be hehe~

It was.. hm... a fine... enjoyable anime.

Pretty cliche plot: revenge and coexistence; and Sumeragi, at least so far, seems like your usual 'villain' with his usual behind the scenes moves xD

I enjoyed how there was not your usual cliche male lead character; also thanks goodness that there was no romance.
Also, Frau is cute and Hawthorn is an overall good male character (some of the MC out there should learn with him lol xD )

6/10, maybe 7/10. Would give 6.5/10 if that was possible here.
TechOtakuSep 20, 2021 9:19 PM
Sep 21, 2021 8:47 AM

Dec 2020
It was a kind of good anime, I had a lot of expectations from it but it disappointed me a bit, especially in this last episode the fight with that Juki tree. For example, when he showed that phase when he started running super hard in front of Sally, when you looked back when he jumped on the branches of the giant tree, there was no difference, I didn't like it at all. It seems that Carot is still in touch with Sumeragi, I hope to put in a season 2.
Sep 21, 2021 3:28 PM

Sep 2019
Overall an ok show, if you watch it in the correct order, not the messed up airing order. Would have given a 6 / 10, but since i judge how it was presented i voted 2 / 10.

Would watch a 2nd season though, but please, tell them to get rid of that director.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

Sep 23, 2021 10:22 AM

Oct 2010
Due to messed order I did not notice this episode was final.
Already trash talked show a lot so won't do it again.
Bye-bye!
Sep 24, 2021 2:11 AM

Jul 2015
I'm glad to follow the chronological order as I can see watching this becoming confusing with some mystery already being revealed because of the pointless order shuffling.

Now aware of her peach power, its awesome seeing Sally on her own deal with both ogres. Respect to Berett for staying with the hot witch Winnie instead of embarking on a dangerous journey, I would've done the same if I was in his shoes.

Oct 4, 2021 8:13 PM

Jan 2011
Is it over? This felt like a chore to watch.
Oct 5, 2021 1:28 AM

Dec 2016
At first I thought it would end mid way because of the shuffled order...

It actually had a decent ending compared to the chronological one which would end with a big flashback, I would've found that boring. So, Ending wise the shuffled order was fine. Then again it would've been better if they kept everything the way it was chronologically but just modified the ending cuz the feeling that I might have skipped an episode was kinda annoying to deal with.

Anyway, the animation was decent. And I liked the music. The only downside of this anime would be the order of the episodes. I did find the shuffled order unique but not so in a good way. It was obviously confusing but it made sense as it continued.

Also I found the story enjoyable enough to look forward to how it will continue. So I Would like a second season cuz I'm curious about how Sally plans to end this prejudice. It is impossible to forcefully change someone's mindset. And it looks like Sally is aware of that. In the end Sally would most likely have to kill many ogres unless some ogres are understanding.

Overall 7/10.
Oct 30, 2021 4:32 AM

Nov 2019
Well, first off, you have to watch this show in the original chronological order (though note that the last two episodes are actually 9 & 10; 9 is the dream he has after falling asleep in 8) rather than the arbitrary broadcast order to fully appreciate the character and plot developments.

However, even then it's not all that great.

It certainly has its moments, and at times brings to mind shows like Pandora Hearts and Yumekui Merry, but suffers from a persistent air of artifice. No good reasons are ever really given for why what's happening is happening or why the characters behave the way they do.

Things just happen because they must. So to really enjoy the show you have to be able to just go with the flow and not bother questioning anything you see.
Nov 17, 2021 7:30 AM

May 2020
Mehhh, this is not good. That ending just beat a big oni tree in one punch. Is this one punch man reference? Lel
Jul 14, 2022 1:49 PM

Jun 2011
My favorite episode of the entire series. We're getting to know a little more about Mikoto and how he got his peach boy power. I wish Mikoto was the protagonist all along, and not Sally. Every time Sally was about to preach her ideals, my reaction is always 🤦🤦🤦. On top of that, she gets to choose who lives and who dies, who's she to do that?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 27, 2022 6:50 AM

Jun 2021
Finally a right order episode, but to be honest it didn't annoy me that much.
I will rate it a solid 6/10, it wasn't my favourite but could definitely watch a season 2 too!!!

It ended in a good time tho, my last week of summer holiday ;P
R.I.P Peace 🏳
Sep 16, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2022
Damn, that tree got fucked up. Should've took Sally's peace offering...

I wonder why Sumeragi and Mikoto didn't fight. The implication was that it had to do with Sally, but it wasn't fully revealed.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.