Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2021 10:45 AM

Aug 2012
Don't know if I should be expecting much more or not. On one hand, we've gotten yet another new chapter seemingly out of the blue but on the other hand, they went from Alabasta straight to during the timeskip. Meaning there's probably not a ton of spots left for them to insert chapters into. I'm sure we'll get a few more though at this point.

As for the chapter itself, I'm equally mixed on it.

Sep 5, 2021 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
Haven't been reading main One Piece since like chapter 1000, but each of these side story chapters has re-invested me in the world all over again. Getting a closer look at some of Sanji's adventures during the timeskip is great, and way he's winning over the 99 Masters, was entertaining from start to finish.

As far as the foodgasm scenes... I didn't really have a problem with any of them? I mean yeah, if all the scenes had been more in line with the reactions at the end of the chapter (exaggerated but not ecchi) it'd be easier to reread, but given this is the Food Wars mangaka I kinda just accepted it as par for the course.
Sep 5, 2021 3:01 PM
Jan 2010
Terrestrious said:
Don't know if I should be expecting much more or not. On one hand, we've gotten yet another new chapter seemingly out of the blue but on the other hand, they went from Alabasta straight to during the timeskip. Meaning there's probably not a ton of spots left for them to insert chapters into. I'm sure we'll get a few more though at this point.

As for the chapter itself, I'm equally mixed on it.

His reaction on the island is 100% justified. He's straight and they are forcing him to be gay and cross dress and they keep flirting with him despite his opposition to men. That is rude and obnoxious and I hate that whole island for those reason and how creepy they look.
Sep 6, 2021 4:00 AM

Jan 2011
Aye, One Piece version of one of my favourite Shokugeki no Souma moments.
Sep 12, 2021 10:12 AM

Aug 2012
naschyamamoto said:
As far as the foodgasm scenes... I didn't really have a problem with any of them? I mean yeah, if all the scenes had been more in line with the reactions at the end of the chapter (exaggerated but not ecchi) it'd be easier to reread, but given this is the Food Wars mangaka I kinda just accepted it as par for the course.

Haven't read Food Wars entirely because of stuff like that, reading this because I really like One Piece. Get it not bother you but especially after the last chapters haven't really had this (the Vivi Chapter absolutely didn't), I was definitely disappointed.

Exodus007 said:
His reaction on the island is 100% justified. He's straight and they are forcing him to be gay and cross dress and they keep flirting with him despite his opposition to men. That is rude and obnoxious and I hate that whole island for those reason and how creepy they look.

I should clarify, I agree that Sanji's reaction is justified, that's why I said "a lot of complaints" not, "my complaints". I've heard plenty hold this part against him, so I think having this chapter dedicate a lot of time to Sanji's kindness throughout is a great decision. Though I guess people who don't already like Sanji, likely wouldn't read this anyway but still.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 6 Discussion

Trap_Traps_Traps - Jul 24, 2022

7 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 5 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jan 3, 2022

9 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 2, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 4 Discussion

Trap_Traps_Traps - Sep 8, 2021

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 29, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 3 Discussion

koluffy - Oct 20, 2021

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 26, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Sanji Chapter 2 Discussion

koluffy - Oct 20, 2021

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.