Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 9, 2021 4:15 AM
Jun 2019
Chiribei said:
This just feels like Haruhi broadcast order vs. chronological order all over again.

Please no repeating arc!
Jul 9, 2021 11:15 AM

Nov 2013
tbh , i'm fine with the episode 1 being my episode 1, since i didn't read anything before, seeing her meeting Frau felt normal to me lol i'll just treat ep 4 as a flashback then...
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jul 9, 2021 5:16 PM

May 2020
Actually I am not so sure about which episodes I have seen... I've seen episodes that are said to be chronologically 1, 2 and 3
But in chronological 2 Sally shows some qualities that she hadn't in chronol. 1
and it is not shown how she got them. So maybe there's something between what we think to be chronol. 1 and 2...
Jul 9, 2021 6:10 PM

Mar 2021
I have issues with that practise. Why not make some hints in the first episode and give a flashback or explanation afterwards? Why does it have to be "artsy" and tell ONE meager episode a-chronological?
Haruhi was fun watching in the intended order. It gave away enough to be consistent, and had a big AHA!-moment at the end (EP4 I guess). Watching it in order is kinda boring.
But this is just lazy script rewriting. I'll continue to watch, but I hope after EP4 it will be on normal mode.
The Gods and Demons you fear and worship are as nothing to me!
Jul 12, 2021 5:35 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah, honestly the forums of MAL are making this more complicated than it is.

Watch it as it's aired. As the Director has intendend.

Then you can go back and debate what is better....

Jul 12, 2021 6:12 AM
Sep 2019
KANLen09 said:
There's a bit of confusion if you're watching Episode 1 for the first time

FYI, the pre-screening that was held 2 weeks earlier had both Episode 1 and 2, but maybe IT'S CONFIRMED due to how the TV version wants to do things differently in its own "shuffled" order (as opposed to doing things as intended) we WILL get the ACTUAL Episode 1 down the timeline in the anime.
--> EDIT: It's confirmed that Episode 1 in the chronological order will come out in Episode 4 of the "On Air" shuffled order:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-07-01/peach-boy-riverside-anime-airing-out-of-chronological-order/.174683

TV & Subs vs. Chronological:

THE RECOMMENDED WATCH ORDER (chronologically):

Thanks to @tetrix1993 for this CRUCIAL info:
Apparently there's two version - On Air and Time Series. The episode aired on Tokyo MX is On Air, and has been shuffled on purpose. Explanation given here (use google translate):
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1623992748

https://twitter.com/peachboy_anime/status/1410596528385757204
--> The Tweet confirming that the d-Anime Store and Japanese TV versions are VERY different by director Shigeru Ueda's (Gekidol) direction.
now i understand why its confusing to watch on these aired episodes
Jul 15, 2021 11:11 AM
Nov 2018
KANLen09 said:
There's a bit of confusion if you're watching Episode 1 for the first time which is meant to be Episode 2 in the chronological order).
TV & Subs vs. Chronological:TV, Funi & CR ---- Chronological
Episode 1 ---- Episode 2
Episode 2 ---- Episode 3
Episode 3 ---- Episode 4
Episode 4 ---- Episode 1

Nope, TV "episode 3" was released today and there is definitely skip after "episode 2". What a ridiculous mess.
Jul 15, 2021 3:27 PM

Jun 2017
abyss_will said:
Piromysl said:
Who the actual fcuk thought it was a good idea?

The director probably.
the thing is that episode zero, which is already out on some sites, is mostly about Mikoto so they switched the order to have the anime start with Sally meeting the rabbit girl to make her the protagonist and switch the spotlight on her since an anime with a cute big tited waifu would probably be more popular than an anime with a femboy protagonist

LMAO if they really switched the order because of that lolz
Jul 15, 2021 5:13 PM

Jul 2017
FreezePeach said:
KANLen09 said:
There's a bit of confusion if you're watching Episode 1 for the first time which is meant to be Episode 2 in the chronological order).
TV & Subs vs. Chronological:TV, Funi & CR ---- Chronological
Episode 1 ---- Episode 2
Episode 2 ---- Episode 3
Episode 3 ---- Episode 4
Episode 4 ---- Episode 1

Nope, TV "episode 3" was released today and there is definitely skip after "episode 2". What a ridiculous mess.
We'll just have to wait and see if "On Air" Episode 4 is ANY different from the TRUE Episode 1, which IDK if you have seen it yet.
Jul 15, 2021 5:39 PM

Mar 2016
z00nex said:
ugh why are they over complicating series that barely anyone cares about

The manga this lackluster series is adapting it's by the author of Miss Kobayashi Dragon Maid, so yeah some folks had some expectations on this.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 15, 2021 7:06 PM

Feb 2012
What drug-addled director thought it would make sense to release this series in such a shoddy, chronologically confusing mess? Just gonna either drop it or hold off on watching this until all the episodes release, and someone posts the correct order in which to watch them.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Jul 15, 2021 11:49 PM

Dec 2015
Chiribei said:
This just feels like Haruhi broadcast order vs. chronological order all over again.

if you read the director's interview with animatetimes dot com, he QUOTES Haruhi's title as an example of scrambled episodes! :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jul 15, 2021 11:57 PM

Dec 2015
Aeeek said:
Chiribei said:

Please no repeating arc!

lololol yessssss! do an Infinity Eight! please! :D what was that line from Johnny Mnemonic ? 'loop it' ? :D
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jul 16, 2021 12:01 AM

Dec 2015
el_morris said:
z00nex said:
ugh why are they over complicating series that barely anyone cares about

The manga this lackluster series is adapting it's by the author of Miss Kobayashi Dragon Maid, so yeah some folks had some expectations on this.

supposedly she's actually been writing this story as an online only web novel for around a decade. or web-manga. my MS Edge translate of the director's interview with animatetimes dot com was mildly confusing. if i get a second i'll re-read these comments, somebody mentioned a fully translated copy of his interview is out online.

edit
neverrrrmind the translated interview was cut for context. the part i was curious about Cool-kyou Shinja working on PeachBoy online didn't appear. i guess i'll just have to trust my MS Edge translation.

edit edit...

oookay THAT is the info i was looking for. shoulda just read the doggone Wiki article. DOH! <forehead slaps self> here's a copy/pasta:
"written and illustrated by Cool-kyou Shinja, serialized on Neetsha's webcomic distribution site Weekly Young VIP since January 2008. The remake version written by Cool-kyou Shinja and illustrated by Johanne has been serialized in Kodansha's shōnen manga magazine Shōnen Magazine R, as well as the website and app Magazine Pocket, since August 2015 and has been collected in eight tankōbon volumes."

so i guess since Kodansha's paying the bills, they want the anime to work off THEIR remake-manga NOT Cool-kyou Shinja's web-comic. :/ hmm :\
KiliianSleipnirJul 16, 2021 12:20 AM
Jul 16, 2021 1:58 AM
Nov 2018
KANLen09 said:
FreezePeach said:

We'll just have to wait and see if "On Air" Episode 4 is ANY different from the TRUE Episode 1, which IDK if you have seen it yet.

I've seen the true episode 1. Still, the order mentioned in original message looks like that now:
Episode 1 ---- Episode 2
Episode 2 ---- Episode 3
Episode 3 ---- Episode N > 4
Episode 4 ---- Episode ? - to be seen, hopefully episode 1
Now "true" episode 4 will also be out of order. I give up, will just wait until the whole thing is released.
Jul 22, 2021 6:33 AM

Jul 2017
FINAL EDIT: ALL 4 EPISODES of the "On Air" version are out.
If you've been waiting to watch Peach Boy Riverside in the chronological order (WHICH IT SHOULD'VE BEEN THE CASE),
now's the time to do so.
Jul 22, 2021 1:05 PM

Jan 2017
Well, just watched the Chronological Episode 4 and I have to say this anime is way more enjoyable when watching the episodes in order.

Not sure what the director thought by shuffling the episodes, but this was probably one of the worst idea he could choose.
Jul 29, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
Bumping this up with the updated manga chapter adaptations.
Jul 30, 2021 5:50 AM
Sep 2019
This is so stupid. Why the fuck he though this was a good idea.
Btw gekidol was trash too. Can't believe he did the same thing now. Holy shit.
Aug 2, 2021 9:30 AM
Apr 2020
because of massed up chronology this anime is going down
Aug 12, 2021 8:18 AM
Nov 2020
good thing i haven't watched it yet, i'll read manga for now and wait all the episodes to be released.
Aug 12, 2021 8:51 AM
Sep 2013
I can understand and respect that the first episode aired is the second episode chronologically followed by the second being the third to make the start more interesting, but after the flashback episode, it keeps jumping forward and backwards with the in-universe chronology that it doesn't make sense anymore. what they should've done is that after the flashback episode(which is episode 1 chronological-wise) they should've continued the story from aired episode 2 instead of jumping back and forth in the timeline. The chronological story in episode 2 only gets continued in aired episode 7, everything before that happens in the future of aired episode 7. this messed up the airing of episodes is the reason for it's low rating.
Aug 20, 2021 3:08 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Just bumping this topic because it NEEDS to stay relevant for the sake of confused viewers everywhere 😵‍💫
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Aug 26, 2021 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
BUMPING THIS UP...

...because with Episode 9 "On Air" version, the FULL order is finally confirmed!
Aug 26, 2021 10:07 AM
Oct 2020
This order is just about the most unnecessary move I’ve seen. It’s not artistic in the slightest be real. What good does having the last 2 episodes be ep 5 and 6 and have 9 and 10 be the ACTUAL finale episodes (11 and 12)??? I feel annoyed at myself for remaining hyped and waiting cuz I thought today would be ep 5 and was waiting but I’m done. The excuse of theirs that the manga isn’t finished or whatever and they’d catch up is basically invalid yea? Since they’re pulling a finale out of their ass 2 weeks earlier.
And yea I didn’t have to comment this but I just hope the producer reads this and makes a regular fucking show. I actually waited 9 weeks to find out there another 2 weeks to go. FOR WHY??? This looked like a cool concept but was ultimately an extremely mid show. It’s not that hard to make a regular chronological show and this added nothing but anger to my viewing experience and life has enough of that elsewhere. Peace.
Édit: holy fuck I just realized that 12 came out as ep 9 and 11 will come out next week as 10. HOW WAS THIS AN ACTUAL DECISION THEY MADE??
‘Let’s go ep 10.... 12 THEN 11 guys. It’ll totally make them wanna watch it more’
FUCK OFF IM MAD NOW. Our time isn’t theirs to fuck with this is some stupid shit.
UltimateKaiAug 26, 2021 10:12 AM
Aug 26, 2021 6:12 PM
Apr 2021
my peev isn't that they messed the order but why and how they went about doing it. It wasn't planned from the very beginning and therefore the change in order destroys basically everything that makes a narrative cohesive.
Character motivations change throughout the series - especially with Carrot - and so skipping into the future not only gave us spoilers, but prevented us from engaging and empathising with our characters - which is the point of having characters in the first place.
Good stories also work from prior knowledge to subvert and pay off expectations. You can't do that when you show the payoff before you show the setup. There's so much basic writing shit that is ruined by such a dumbass decision I don't have words for how much I despise whoever made this decision. It's an insult to writing.

also went and read the Japanese media release on the change in watch order. The man literally said nothing. There wasn't any justification given, he just said "we made this change and it's gonna be a good change". The director also pissed me off. When describing Peach Boy Riverside he literally just said "it's a story with a lot of elements". WTF. Yeah you have a great understanding of your source material bud. Someone demote this MF he doesn't seem to understand what storytelling is.

anyhow, that's my hate speech done. Imma end this before I say something I regret
Sep 4, 2021 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
Some shows are actually meant to be watched in out of chronology order, like Kara no Kyoukai.

Other, like Haruhi and the forst 2 eps of Ga-rei Zero, are just a pain in the @ss, not worhty to bother.

Is the chronological order truly the best to savor the taste of the story? Or watching like this rob you of some plot twists of the airing order?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 4, 2021 11:38 PM
Jul 2018
I mean, this is Gekidol's director so expectations were already low but holy shit. This is getting worse by the episode because of the order. There are a lotta hints of a good story but the episode order completely ruins it. This was a real stupid move.
Sep 9, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
Fabris said:
Some shows are actually meant to be watched in out of chronology order, like Kara no Kyoukai.

Other, like Haruhi and the forst 2 eps of Ga-rei Zero, are just a pain in the @ss, not worhty to bother.

Is the chronological order truly the best to savor the taste of the story? Or watching like this rob you of some plot twists of the airing order?
Kara no Kyoukai, or Princess Principal I can understand this anachronical order is done on intention.

But this show, you'd really have to watch it in chronological order to truly fully appreciate the story and plot. Watching it in the airing order is as mentioned: all (if not most of) the plot twists that happen within the manga, now gone in the anime that is literally spoiler territory from start to finish.
Sep 9, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2017
If only they'd had a sane director. I don't mind starting the show with Sally meeting Frau, or showing the beginning of Sally's journey as a flashback, However, the rest of this shuffling is completely random and has no o valid explanation aside from insanity m
Sep 9, 2021 9:34 AM

Aug 2012
rassilon said:
If only they'd had a sane director. I don't mind starting the show with Sally meeting Frau, or showing the beginning of Sally's journey as a flashback, However, the rest of this shuffling is completely random and has no o valid explanation aside from insanity m

I fully agree with you.

I really wish the director would apologize already, but, sadly, this mess is what he considers "art".
Sep 9, 2021 11:45 AM
Oct 2011
This is what being high on crack while you work looks like.

Who thought this was such a good idea?!
Sep 11, 2021 5:22 PM

Mar 2014
KANLen09 said:
Fabris said:

Kara no Kyoukai, or Princess Principal I can understand this anachronical order is done on intention.

But this show, you'd really have to watch it in chronological order to truly fully appreciate the story and plot. Watching it in the airing order is as mentioned: all (if not most of) the plot twists that happen within the manga, now gone in the anime that is literally spoiler territory from start to finish.

Well, thanks.
I also recomend the mods to pin this discussion.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Sep 15, 2021 10:45 AM
Nov 2020
This show would've been WAYYYY more enjoyable if it was in the right order.
Many people dropped it or waiting for it to finish so they could binge it. The director should get fired he literally destroyed the hype of this anime
Sep 16, 2021 7:34 AM

Oct 2019
Can someone tell me like like in what order is best optimal to watch it so far
like, so far: rearrange the positions of the episodes into the order that should be watched.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Sep 20, 2021 5:55 AM

Oct 2019
CallingAllCreeps said:
FireRifle64 said:
Can someone tell me like like in what order is best optimal to watch it so far
like, so far: rearrange the positions of the episodes into the order that should be watched.
*TSV = Time series version
*OAV = On air version

My suggestion is watch based on TSV (timeline ordering).

TSV ep.1 (OAV s01e04) -- runaway princess episode
TSV ep.2 (OAV s01e01) -- Frau (Harefolk) introduced
TSV ep.3 (OAV s01e02)
TSV ep.4 (OAV s01e07)
TSV ep.5 (OAV s01e11)
TSV ep.6 (OAV s01e12)
TSV ep.7 (OAV s01e05)
TSV ep.8 (OAV s01e06)
TSV ep.9 (OAV s01e03)
TSV ep.10 (OAV s01e08)
TSV ep.11 (OAV s01e10) -- The "real" finale episode. It's your typical unresolved cliff hanger with plot twists.
TSV ep.12 (OAV s01e09) -- basically a prequel OVA about Mikoto's backstory. It doesn't fit with rest of series. The unnecessary ending scene takes place before ep.11.

FYI: I didn't enjoy this anime series and that's if you disregard the watch order nonsense which gave me another reason to dislike it.

Thanks a lot for this information
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Sep 21, 2021 10:09 PM

Jan 2020
So… is this show decent if watched in order? 1st aired episode seemed alright (except no male mc kinda sucked)
Sep 22, 2021 8:35 AM

Jun 2020
I'm back Peach Boy Riverside, hopefully this time around it'll be better. Thanks for the correct order.
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 1, 2021 5:36 PM
Jul 2008
Frau suddenly dead? Yeah she's already alive in the previous episode lol. New ogres in future episodes? They were also told already dead in earlier episode.
The ogre approaching a female traveller? Yeah we sure know he will be decapitated later.

There are many anime with ongoing manga/novel but some ended at good stopping point. They collaborated with the original author to decide the end which made me wonder if the original author agreed with this.
Oct 29, 2021 4:44 AM

May 2020
Thank you for this. Glad i decided to watch this when it's finished airing. I already feel something is wrong in "episode 1" and "episode 3" confirm it
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Dec 26, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 2014
FireRifle64 said:
CallingAllCreeps said:
*TSV = Time series version
*OAV = On air version

My suggestion is watch based on TSV (timeline ordering).

TSV ep.1 (OAV s01e04) -- runaway princess episode
TSV ep.2 (OAV s01e01) -- Frau (Harefolk) introduced
TSV ep.3 (OAV s01e02)
TSV ep.4 (OAV s01e07)
TSV ep.5 (OAV s01e11)
TSV ep.6 (OAV s01e12)
TSV ep.7 (OAV s01e05)
TSV ep.8 (OAV s01e06)
TSV ep.9 (OAV s01e03)
TSV ep.10 (OAV s01e08)
TSV ep.11 (OAV s01e10) -- The "real" finale episode. It's your typical unresolved cliff hanger with plot twists.
TSV ep.12 (OAV s01e09) -- basically a prequel OVA about Mikoto's backstory. It doesn't fit with rest of series. The unnecessary ending scene takes place before ep.11.

FYI: I didn't enjoy this anime series and that's if you disregard the watch order nonsense which gave me another reason to dislike it.

Thanks a lot for this information

Wrong. Episode 9 is after 8 BECAUSE he fell asleep due to the spell Daminki cast on him, and we see him literally sleeping talking about the dream he has in the literal next episode; and they talk about how he's having a nightmare because of them... As someone who just watched the series in the aforementioned order; it's definitely 4 - 1 - 2 - 7 - 11 - 12 - 5 - 6 - 3 - 8 - 9 - 10
Mar 8, 2023 6:18 PM
Jun 2016
Actual chronological order got it from another website

1.) Episode 4 || Chapter 1
2.) Episode 1 || Chapters 2 - 3.5
3.) Episode 2 || Chapters 3.5 - 5
4.) Episode7 || Chapters 6 - 8
5.) Episode 11 || Chapters 8 - 11
6.) Episode 12 || Chapters 11 - 12
7.) Episode 5 || Chapters 13 - 14
8.) Episode 6 || Chapters 15 - 16
9.) Episode 3 || Chapters 17 - 19
10.) Episode 8 || Chapters 20 - 22
11.) Episode 10 || Chapters 23 - 24 + Original Ending
12.) Episode 9 || Chapters 34 - 39
*credits to: MAL
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.