Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 14, 2021 8:09 AM

Jul 2019
Did something crazy happen or is it inflated?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 14, 2021 8:11 AM

Jun 2016
It's probably because it ended.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 14, 2021 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
Mystogan14579 said:

at first wave people hated the age gap and creepy nature of anime
at second wave some people thought it only as a fiction
at last people stayed for wholesome, cute rom com despite the issues related to age gap.
Its a decent romance anime with good animation. And for light heart romance lovers its treat ( i personally loved it)
Jun 14, 2021 8:16 AM
Sep 2020
Mystogan14579 said:
it probably went up from the people that score it after finishing the anime, whenever an anime ends it's either hit or miss ig
Jun 14, 2021 8:22 AM

Apr 2020
Last two or three episode wine my heart they are the reason that anime got massive jump in score
Jun 14, 2021 8:24 AM

Aug 2018
Since it ended the way mal calculated scores has changes and most people don't put in scores until the final episode
_______I like rocks__
Jun 14, 2021 8:28 AM
Feb 2021
AnimeBaka_ said:
Mystogan14579 said:

at last people stayed for wholesome, cute rom com despite the issues related to age gap.
Its a decent romance anime with good animation. And for light heart romance lovers its treat ( i personally loved it)
You forgot the ones who stayed for the songs.It sometimes feels like they put there whole budget for the anime into the song and came up with one of the bests for this season.
Jun 14, 2021 8:29 AM
Dec 2018
When a show finishes airing, MAL removes the scores from the people who dropped it early (before the 4th episode if I recall the MAL score rules correctly).

As you would expect, most people dropping early would have probably given it a low score and moved on. Now that those are not taken into account, it's natural that the overall score would be raised.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jun 14, 2021 8:34 AM

Apr 2018
Fruscio said:
What jump score? It's the same it was before.

Before it was 7.03 something, so a 0.24 points jump I guess.
Jun 14, 2021 8:35 AM

Apr 2018
skysurf said:
When a show finishes airing, MAL removes the scores from the people who dropped it early (before the 4th episode if I recall the MAL score rules correctly).

As you would expect, most people dropping early would have probably given it a low score and moved on. Now that those are not taken into account, it's natural that the overall score would be raised.

Woah, can I get link to the forum/thread that explains how Mal calculates scores?
Jun 14, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
THE_legend20 said:
AnimeBaka_ said:

You forgot the ones who stayed for the songs.It sometimes feels like they put there whole budget for the anime into the song and came up with one of the bests for this season.

Oh shit I actually forgot that. I was always a fan of OP from the start. But I started to like the ed more when ariety confessed to ryo and ed plays i got goosebumps uwu
Jun 14, 2021 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
A lot of people rate shows after they end airing which happened today.
Jun 14, 2021 8:49 AM
Dec 2018
ChibiTalha said:
skysurf said:

Woah, can I get link to the forum/thread that explains how Mal calculates scores?

Sure:

Source: https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime

"Scores from users who have not viewed 1/5 of the series upon its completion are not included."

So scores from people who dropped early are now removed from the calculation, which is part of the reason why an overall anime score would suddenly increase after it finishes airing.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jun 14, 2021 8:55 AM

Apr 2018
skysurf said:
ChibiTalha said:

Sure:

Source: https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime

"Scores from users who have not viewed 1/5 of the series upon its completion are not included."

So scores from people who dropped early are now removed from the calculation, which is part of the reason why an overall anime score would suddenly increase after it finishes airing.

I see, thanks for the information fam
Jun 14, 2021 8:55 AM
Feb 2021
AnimeBaka_ said:
THE_legend20 said:

Oh shit I actually forgot that. I was always a fan of OP from the start. But I started to like the ed more when ariety confessed to ryo and ed plays i got goosebumps uwu
Me too just the song playing while she confessed made the episode so much better.
Jun 14, 2021 9:14 AM

Nov 2014
"such a jump" ? it was only 0.20 or so score it isn't that much at all. lmao

I suppose people who hadn't rated the anime gave their final score, normal stuff, happens with most anime when they finish.
Jun 14, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
Once anime finished airing, scores from dropped and those who did not watched at least 3 episodes are no longer counted.

Jun 14, 2021 12:37 PM

May 2009
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who liked the show and people who disliked it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.

MAL has implemented a new system to take care of boosting/downvoting accounts automatically. You can read more about it here. You don't have to worry about the score being influenced by them. If it is influenced, it will be fixed after a few days.

Theo1899 said:
It's probably because it ended.

That's the most likely explanation here. Scores for series that just ended change drastically because a lot of people don't rate till they finish an anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

149 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

60 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 15, 8:42 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.