Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seems like war is imminent now with the growing tension and buildup.

Now there's also the talk about Witch powers, something pretty common in fantasy anime like this. Meh episode. It's important but I wasn't too invested into this war drama or witch power.
Mar 3, 2021 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty nice, that witch girl was pretty cool and that trial and stuff was nice too. finally ready to go to war with the church, those brats are back and i wonder how this'll turn out
Mar 3, 2021 9:26 AM

Feb 2019
It’s so weird seeing Marius all dressed up and everyone being so formal with her, I can definitely understand why she’s uncomfortable, especially with the guy she likes acting different towards her. It’s good she was able to see into her past and learn the truth of what happened.

The final battle is coming up and I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Mar 3, 2021 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
The opening hinted at it, and so did this episode but man they really going to kill off Albert like that?
I know someone in a past thread Theorized Theresia is actually Albert's sister and I really didn't feel like that was possible. But after seeing her have a vision of his death and feeling sad...I think that makes the theory stronger now.

Still wondering if Rugis is good or Evil. We'll see.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 3, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2017
The war of the factions is upon the Hortensia Kingdom, and NGL, I'm more than excited to anticipate this for the final stretch.

Depicting Marius as the actual formal Princess Marielle sure feels super awkward for everyone, especially between Alfred and her. Kinda like how Deflotte and Nonnoria are now officially roped into the war, without any pretense.

Learning about her past from an actual witch (Lacroix) takes a great deal of knowledge from some secret Magonian magic...the "what if" scenario that wasn't meant to be, exchanged for a personal will.

Sure enough, the Orthodox Church must be taken down with the Pope, that's for sure to end this liberation once and for all for Alfred and Co. BTW, RIP Balthauser.

The war has officially begun...and tis' be a bloody one.
Mar 3, 2021 12:42 PM

Aug 2013
With three episodes to go, I want to see how all this concludes. I really want them to kill off Alfred.

Deflotte was so uncomfortable speaking to Marius. Yep, things will never be the same.

Mar 3, 2021 2:00 PM

Mar 2020
Start the build up to the climax! After enlightening the audience of Marius's past, Hortensia soldiers march to the battlefield facing off against the Church.
Mar 3, 2021 4:40 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, finally the story reached its interesting part after the princess ready to departed all of her supporter armies through the capital of Hortensia. Such an ironic knewing the fact that caused all of those saga. The death of the queen intricate the king to unleashed a chaos which came from the Magonian power, through those relic. The great tragedy appeared and led the poor princess into such a tragic way.

The true witch, the sentinel of the Magonian, acted to pass the trial to the princess. Lucky, Marielle had all she needed to pass the witch's trial, by not too relied on the relic, trusting the issues through all of her beloved friends, and knight. How sweet.

But, the real deal start to get more interesting when they reached the capital out. The Carmellian forces suddenly joined the chaos, by witnessing Theresia's future vision. Then soon, the great civil war among the Hortensian was truly inevitable. What end they get there?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 3, 2021 5:08 PM

Feb 2014
They updated the OP sequence with new characters. A three way war is upon us.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 3, 2021 8:39 PM
Nov 2020
Nonnoria is so cute. It's interesting to note that Adelheid kept her hair long in the alternate future where the tragedies never took place (I guess in that sense, it's good that they happened because she looks really hot now with the shorter hair).

It was kinda bittersweet to see that alternate future though.

edit: woah, who is this Theresia chick!? Looking really cute there...
kuwangpaMar 3, 2021 8:42 PM
Mar 4, 2021 7:17 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, Marielle looks really fucking great. The boys are still awkward around her, I mean I can understand that, they pretty much thought she was a girl for years. I like how the OP has changed a bit, adding new stuff and changing some stuff.

Lacroix is a pretty cool witch. Yeah, ya'll don't need that relic shit, it'll probably just bring more destruction or something. I really hope Alfred won't die or something, I guess this strengthens the theory that Theresia is Alfred's sister, because of her vision. So, I am guessing Camellia is stopping them so, they won't proceed to their doom? Looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 4, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2018
Seems like the war on the capital is coming soon.

It was really weird seeing everyone being so formal with Marius and how she was dressed up but she deserves the respect.
Mar 5, 2021 2:46 AM
Jul 2018
the war is near, and it is a little strange to see Marius in princess clothes.
Mar 5, 2021 4:48 PM

Sep 2020
Ending illustration for this episode:

It screams ''play the game!''.
Mar 6, 2021 1:04 AM

Mar 2010
My ears hurts whenever I hear that maid.
Mar 6, 2021 4:14 AM

Oct 2008
Shame Princess Marius doesn't have any bust...
3/5.

Mar 6, 2021 7:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
How they all kinda uncomfy with Marielle especially Deflotte was kinda funny to see :)

...and oh my dat squeaky voiced maid joins Alfred and the others now, have mercy for my ears ^^;

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 9, 2021 11:19 PM

Oct 2017
Finally Marielle in proper female clothing, she looks beautiful.

We saw more flashbacks and this time it was a trial for Marielle from the witch and unlike her father she didn't gave in to the temptation.

Marielle's allied soldiers march to take back the kingdom but Camellian troops interferes. Wonder how Rugius is gonna handle things now that he knows Marielle's troops are in danger. I'm guessing he's trying to stop them from facing the Pope's troop by interfering.
Apr 27, 2021 5:11 AM

Jul 2015
Based on vision girl Teresia's reaction on Alfred's death, I suspect her to be Alfred's little sister who presumable died in an accident years ago. Still curious to see if Alfred will really die as is hinted in the opening song.

Oct 31, 2021 7:31 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, a bishoujo always get forgiven no matter what they do.

If it was a female character like Watamote, thing would have been different.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Feb 2, 2022 12:45 AM
Oct 2019
man this episode was extra lame. had to fast forward through a lot of it. the last few episodes i'm skipping through more and more junk

the witch was the only interesting part. but that was infested with a mostly lame flashback and garbage ass power of friendship crap

the psycho twins are back. is it a boy and a girl or two girls? i have no idea, honestly. it would be nice if we got an explanation for why they are the way that they are

i also think it's so stupid how characters and armies can seemingly just arrive anywhere they need on the drop of a dime

somebody killed balthazar? who was that mysterious person grinning? oh, and... who the f is balthazar?

More topics from this board

» Will there be a part 2 or a movie?

zazo_Zero_2 - Aug 2

1 by Furnandles »»
Aug 2, 11:55 AM

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.