Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Being a prisoner sucks. This episode was rough to watch for Alfred until he managed to get his sword back.

Seems this episode was a race against them to save a girl from being executed. It's a cruel world they're in...
Feb 24, 2021 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
holy shit this episode was super epic, definitely the best episode in this anime by far. so glad that marielle got saved and it all turned out well, lots of really cool fights especially that one with didier, he's a really interesting character who i'd love to find out more about. glad that all the allies came together and helped alfred, that ending scene was so nice too.
Feb 24, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
The cat is out of the bag, and both Alfred and Deflotte facing Lucan...is of no help at all.

The "witch" that the Orthodox Church has tried to find, Marius (or Princess Marielle) is in a really tight spot. Didier only makes things worse by re-iterating Marielle's brother Charlot's ideals (that is controlled by the pope) and splicing the Hortensia kingdom further through the Church's influence.

Good thing there's Maurice to help both Alfred and Deflotte break free of the rampage, plus the other Hortensia allies met over the last few episodes for assistance against Didier and the Orthodox Church, and save Princess Marielle.

I'd say this was the best episode thus far? The stage is set for the big battle between kingdoms, and it's gonna get a lot more ugly.
Feb 24, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2019
Definitely the best episode we’ve had yet. The fight against Didier and his knights was dope, then Marius’ big revelation that she’s the missing princess was well done too. I liked she and Alfred’s conversation at the end, hoping that ship sails. Definitely felt some romantic tension over the past few weeks. Lets see where this goes next.
Feb 24, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was SO GOOD! Holy lord it had everything!

The coming together of nations and people just showed that Marius' (or well Marielle) hard work paid off and she actually cares about all the people in Hortensia.

God damn that ending though!

I got chills when Alfred dropped to a knee and swore He'd protect Marielle...SO FREAKING GOOD!!!

Didier is a very interesting character. I am intrigued how things will go from here. there is a lot of conflict between nations and the Orthodox Church.

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 24, 2021 10:23 AM
Oct 2016
After how last episode ended with Marielle real identity shown this episode took that momentum full steam ahead. Marielle almost put to death and Alfred and Deflotte almost sentenced showed things were heading down the drain fast. Learning that Marielle father the king whom died at the beginning of the show committed taboo and caused all this mayhem to start definitely changes how to look at things. Her father was obviously no saint but hopefully Marielle can save her brother and help restore the kingdom to peace. Very intense battle with Alfred and Deflotte going to stop the execution. Loved it when he threw the sword cutting the rope. All their past friends showing back up was super cool and wholesome. Love when stories have moments like that acknowledging their past comrades. Saved the princess albeit with the fiend Dark Knight Didier escaping.
Feb 24, 2021 11:31 AM

Sep 2019
That sword throw was sick. I think they should've just killed Marielle instead of fighting with her friends. I mean, isn't killing her a really important mission for them? I liked the insert song at the end.

I kind of want a romantic development between Alfred and Marielle.
Feb 24, 2021 12:26 PM

Apr 2018
One of the best episodes of this season. The race to save the princess from getting executed was epic.

Im glad everyone came to save her including the people from the island. Not gonna lie that song in the end was really good.
Feb 24, 2021 1:43 PM
Apr 2017
To be honest this is the first episode I found entertaining after Ep 1. Well paced.
Feb 24, 2021 2:30 PM
Jun 2020
the animation was pretty cool but they used hella cg when the gang pulled up
Feb 24, 2021 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
Alfred is denser than all harem protagonists combined.

Feb 24, 2021 4:31 PM
Nov 2020
Maybe I overlooked it in an earlier episode, but what exactly are Sir Didier's motives? He seems very powerful, and he could have easily stopped the deaths of the King, Fernando, and Leon in the first episode. Furthermore, he doesn't seem as fanatical as his subordinate ecclesiastical knights (which he points out to Marius). Unlike Alfred, he's also not dumb since he was able to figure out Marius' real identity right away. Heck, what's stopping him from just assassinating the pope and taking all the power for himself? (I mean the pope has already implied that he'll "take care" of Didier in the eventual future since he's too strong and essentially a loose end.

If Didier is still loyal to the Kingdom, why was he so passive to its downfall? (btw, Sir Didier seems very similar to Nameless from Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou ...both mysterious and both very strong.)

(also, I've never seen a gallow before that uses a counterweight intsead of a trapdoor ....interesting.)

edit: Marius/Marielle looks really cute in that episode preview. But still, Adelheid wins for being straight up hot.
kuwangpaFeb 24, 2021 4:45 PM
Feb 24, 2021 4:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, yes, such a classic episode. The knight saving his princess, and swore himself to stay loyal. To hell with romance, and kept stayed the damn classic fantasy story! That sword flying, and those breaking guards scene, were such a real definition of classic. Lmao.

My question about Maurice and Adel positions after the previous episode finally got answered here. They both bringing up more peoples into saving the real princess. Hell yeah with that battle, and phew, its over and a great loss for the church dogs. However, since Didier succeeded to escape by those dang teleportation, i wonder what they do to him, and the church orders after those kind of event. Maybe they may sentence the Pope some scandalous scheme as a reason to put him down, or, digging down into the depth of the true cause of the current 'witch' disease.

Rest in peace over Marius, aka Marielle memories, though. Everything just went down the hill, when you completely out of your mind, even to the king .... Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 24, 2021 6:29 PM
๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿ‘‘

Jan 2020
You know.. I actually enjoyed this episode a lot and it made me like the relationship between the two of them a lot more. Really great stuff

Feb 24, 2021 6:35 PM

Jan 2020
The very best episode so far

Alfred finally cutting ties with burden rather being lord for saving friend

Some reveal about Marius's father

Didier seem have different agenda than the Pope

Feb 24, 2021 9:07 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, definitely the best of the show so far. What exactly is Didier's motives though, I feel like he can beat the popes ass easily, so he's probably sticking with him for a grander agenda. Hmm, so Marielle's father wanting to bring back her mother is the reason for all this things that are happening, Didier could be lying, we don't know yet.

That battle at the execution site was pretty epic though and that talk between Marielle and Alfred was great, there's a part of me that wants the ship to sail. But we can save that for later, we've got a kingdom to save.

Marielle is really attractive though, I really like her design.
Feb 24, 2021 9:56 PM
Feb 2021
Well, if everyone's agreeing with my opinion, then this is in fact the best episode so far
Feb 25, 2021 3:06 AM

Nov 2019
Finally!

Now we can get to some good stuff with out dense Alfred not realising that Marius is a girl lmao. Marielle has a lot of followers, the evil pope will be booted soon ^o^
Feb 25, 2021 3:41 AM

Nov 2013
This just sums it all up the episode.

Lucan is also one of the biggest flip flop characters of the season easily.
DannyTheDonkeyFeb 25, 2021 3:45 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 25, 2021 2:05 PM

Jun 2016
Piromysl said:
Alfred is denser than all harem protagonists combined.

He continued to call Marielle "Marius" till the end of the episode... this is so cringe... XD
Feb 26, 2021 3:59 AM

Feb 2014
Damn the plot thickens. So the knights in highest positions have something to do with the magnoian lore. Didier was OP character even before the spatial thing. Now he's even more dangerous.
Also no Marielle has an army on her side. Time for a three way revolution between Camilia, Marielle and the pope.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 26, 2021 10:18 AM

Nov 2018
Best episode so far!! Very intent from start untill end
Instant 10/10 for this episode
Iam looking forward for next episode
Feb 26, 2021 5:09 PM

Sep 2020
I agree with everyone up above praising this episode as the best one so far.
Feb 26, 2021 8:00 PM

Dec 2010
Very awesome episode.

Did not expect that great reunion so early but it kinda fit at the end.
Feb 26, 2021 11:29 PM

Jul 2015
Wait, so this Marius dude is A TRAP ???

What plot twist
Well Duh...

Feb 27, 2021 12:04 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
This is good episode overall, although it was so surprising how Adel was able to gather all of the Alfred allies in one place in such short time, is he secretly a Dr.Strange who can open portal to anywhere and have GPS or what hihi?

Also did Alfred pretend not to know or what? After all that happened in the prison and on execution ground, he still called the princess with Marius?

And as expected of Char Aznable in armor aka Didier, he has his own agenda and like to take advantage over an organization he works for.

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Feb 27, 2021 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
Everything is lame in this show!
3/5.

Feb 27, 2021 4:26 PM

Dec 2016
Ok, So I'm not the only one who think that Dark Knight have own plans... I mean this looked like it was designed to "help" with rescuing the princess.

Avvenirista said:

What?! My version don't have illustrations in the end!
Did I missed some good arts?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 27, 2021 4:43 PM

Mar 2010
Didier's name is hilarious to hear. Glad Lucan switch sides after hearing about princess Marius because his character design is great as well.Happy to see Albert told the truth.
Feb 28, 2021 2:19 AM

Sep 2020
Nieznajomy43 said:
Ok, So I'm not the only one who think that Dark Knight have own plans... I mean this looked like it was designed to "help" with rescuing the princess.

Avvenirista said:

What?! My version don't have illustrations in the end!
Did I missed some good arts?

I think the ending illustrations are only showed in Japan.
It's not the first time licensing companies like Funimation don't have them.
AvveniristaFeb 28, 2021 2:28 AM
Mar 1, 2021 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
rescue of the execution Marius, was practically the best episode of this work.
Mar 3, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2013
Bye bye Marius and hello Marielle.
Though Alfred still called her Marius. To his defense, it could just be a habit.

This was a great episode. I loved it when everyone came together to save Marielle.

Mar 9, 2021 10:32 PM

Oct 2017
Intense episode full of actions. We got a flashback of what the king did and as usual trying to bring back the dead never ends well.

I'm glad they managed to save Marius. Marius/Marielle's identity is finally revealed and Alfred declares his full loyalty to her. I hope their ship sail someday. Anyway for now it's time to get back the kingdom.
Apr 27, 2021 3:09 AM

Jul 2015
I believe Didier's logic is pretty flawed considering the pope most likely mislead the previous king in resurrecting his dead wife, so the pope should be blamed for the taboo and not the royal family. I kinda wonder what Didier's goal was with the whole execution considering he could've easily killed Marielle at any point during the big battle but for some reason didn't.

Feb 2, 2022 12:12 AM
Oct 2019
i can't tell if this dark knight is actually "good" and he's just orchestrating all of this to get the right pieces in place in order to take out the pope or what. how is he so powerful? who is he? what is that crazy teleportation magic?

the princess was stupid af this episode. she just kneeled there while everyone else was fighting. she could've easily been killed any number of times. that's some trash writing

parts of this show are so mediocre (or worse). the overall plot is pretty interesting though. but damn, so much mediocrity as well

i can't stand the princess' english va. same person who does iruma in welcome to demon school. but the voice actually works for iruma, because he's a scared, bumbling, slow-witted person. the princess tries to act all tough, but that same voice is just grating in this instance

lucan person changed his allegiance way too quickly. corny af. all those other armies that joined in at the end arrived way too quickly. corny af

More topics from this board

» Will there be a part 2 or a movie?

zazo_Zero_2 - Aug 2

1 by Furnandles »»
Aug 2, 11:55 AM

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.