Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 10, 2020 12:20 AM

Nov 2018
Woah the yuri vibes is getting stronger here, but I'm not complaining.
More characters introduced here and they explained about how CHARMs works. The relationship between Riri and her friends still moving at the right pace imo. The animation was amazing on the part when Riri and Yuyu met.
Overall an okay episode, expecting to get more action in the next episode.
hi
Oct 10, 2020 1:05 AM

Oct 2007
forgot to say... I like how Kaede immediately got angry when Riri was insulted. She's a real friend.
Oct 10, 2020 6:01 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Oct 10, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2015
Oh boy the budget in this one. This anime is visually stunning sometimes
Oct 10, 2020 7:55 AM

Jun 2016
i really loved that opening & ed song ..
Oct 10, 2020 8:48 AM

May 2020
The yuri vibes are strong in this episode, not sure how I feel about them. Kaede is such a nice friend, sometimes "spooky", but she's a good friend at the end of the day.
The animation does shine at some moments, but this episode was mainly a warming up one, just explaining somethings about magic and the school. As well, as Ruri interacting with other girls.
Oct 10, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Riri, everyone wants a piece of her and she is too innocent to understand, at least her instincts kicked off and ran away from the bathroom.
Oct 10, 2020 9:23 AM

Apr 2014
At first I was feeling like they are moving place to place too fast but at the end when Lily was talking to her roommate about how her day was I actually adored the pacing. I realized that we just went through the day of a HS girl who is curious about all sorts of things. It might be the best SOL episode in an action related anime. We aren't just sitting around getting an exposition dump but we are learning things alongside Lily.

Animation and art is great as always. SHAFT having a 1 year break in 2019 really helped the production and it will for future shows down the line. I am excited for more episodes!
Oct 10, 2020 10:32 AM
Jul 2015
Ryoketsu said:
I believe that Yuyu's friend is dead and that she talks to herself in her room. The loss of her mate must be what made her personality change since when Riri first met her, that seems obvious.

vong10 said:
I have a feeling the girl we see with Yuyu is dead, that's why she talks like that to Yuyu.

She is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi
Oct 10, 2020 10:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, the next day. Look, how the Shizo woke up scene already give me a sudden chuckle. She seemed so natural to me! Lily, you hugged your damn CHARM as your source of warmth? Ah, Shizo helped that chibi pink girl dressed up. Because she still had a trouble with her previous injury. Their sweet interaction simply kept my smile wider. Lol Okay, its time for you to go to school, chibi-chan! Damn girl! That chick almost stole a first kiss from my chibi pink girl! Fortunately, she was saved by Kaede before Lily became a wild girl in the future. Seriously, though, she was too pure, and strong at the same time. No wonder attention seeker like Kaede. But, come one, Lily. Be awared of your surrounding before someone did a lewd thing on you, especially with that perverted Kaede. I knew you just interested with Yuyu sama, so took care of yourself! XD

Fumi, another chibi domo shit. She was a classmate with Lily? No wonder. Its really understandable. Fuck, she was too damn little. Her interaction with Lily, aarrgh, double combo loli on my monitor. Hold myself, hold myself! XD Footbath scene was okay. Interesting part where they finally led the plot telling more about Schutzengel and Schild. What a difficult name! Surely its led me into another an obvious bait, a misleading end, beyond their designation. Its official, the fight just a gimmick. The just focused on the relations, no wonder if Lily and Yuyu became intensed in the end. Lol. Just kidding. Why you do that, author?!

The middle part was okay. Another characters introduction. That duo yuri, tho. Another chibi domo, and she was quite decent with her personality, a straight guts, i like these gray hair chibi. She explained more about CHARM, Magie, and an okay-ish explanations about the procedure how it reacted with the Huge Magie and Lily, as one solely entity. In fact, they were resonated each others that somehow became the main reason of their utility in exterminating Huge on the battlefield, yeah really understandable.

Fast forward my damn words, here, Yuyu accepted Lily and her guardian angel? But she was obviously scheming something in behind? Lily was so pure and really attached with her own goals, and gave no fuck with its risk. So, its intrigueing me how its turned out in the next episode. Yuyu and her mystery became seriously a solid objective, instead of Huge's problematic. How sweet, and delicious! XD
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 10, 2020 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
I'm getting used to the Yuri shit, but mainly in it for the thighs lol.

I want to know what happened with that chick, Ruri is too nice too make her to suffer :(

thighs save lives ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 10, 2020 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
Huh, I'm normally not a fan of most Yuri, cause it's just fetishizing lesbian relationships, but I was pleasantly suprised by something that was said during the bath scene.
"It goes without saying that all orientations should be accepted" is something I never thought I'd hear in this show. I like that alot actually :)

The scene were Riri tries to thank Yuyu was really stunning. Great visuals!
The animation is pretty good so far and I'm starting to like some of the characters, so I'll stick around. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but it should be entertaining enough.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Oct 10, 2020 6:07 PM

Jun 2019
I think it is doing a decent job at world-building. The art and animation are pretty good for the most part. But there is so much Yuri fanservice right now that it is taking away from the anime. It’s like the creators didn’t have faith that the story would be interesting enough so they just threw fanservice at us.
Oct 10, 2020 7:57 PM

Oct 2016
Ah yes we back with some more thighs the anime. That was a pretty good episode though, I like that their showing the name of the characters because there's a hell of a lot of characters in here so that is appreciated.

Despite wanting to tap Riri, Kaede is a real bro for defending Riri. Riri must be protected at all costs.

That scene near the beginning though where Riri was chasing Yuyu was beautiful, just Shaft doing Shaft things. But, seriously though the thighs in this show man lmao it's heaven for thighmen.
Oct 10, 2020 8:22 PM
Feb 2016
There are too many characters and story feels so generic is kind of boring. I get those unnatural thighs and over the top yuri are carrying the show so far. I feel like I'm watching Valkyrie Drive meets Ange Vergie all over again. Probably I'm gonna give it one more episode to see where it's going but it already looks like a solid DROP for me.
Oct 10, 2020 8:23 PM

Apr 2020
That was a bit of a downer. I still like the show, now settling in a calmer, SoL tone after a banger opening. Yuyu now made the pledge with Riri as her "guardian angel", although that relationship might go sideways. Also Kaede has an attitude of a lolicon to our MC, bugs me a bit.

Hoping that the show picks up with its depth. And the yuri baits will be a mainstay for this show so expect some heavy scenes down the road.
Oct 10, 2020 9:37 PM
Jan 2017
As Riri begins life in her new school, she tries to get closer to Yuyu, who is clearly hiding something from her. I'm interested to see how character development will be handled in this show, especially with Riri and Yuyu's relationship. The action element was non-existent in this episode, but hopefully, things will kick into high gear in upcoming episodes.
Oct 10, 2020 11:19 PM

Jul 2020
The Yuri bait is real with this one.

Visuals where good but everything else makes me feel bored. I'm still not sold with the show but yeah let's see how it goes maybe in the next few episodes something interesting unfolds, especially with Yuyu's character.

I accept random friend requests!
Oct 11, 2020 1:36 AM
Oct 2019
Love the way they portrayed Riri's struggle to exchange the proper(for this fancy school) greetings. And Riri's and Fumi's mutual joy when they finaly did it.
In the previous episode we saw how show do the action and in this one the SOL part. So for me personally at this point nothing can go wrong here.
Oct 11, 2020 4:29 AM

Feb 2016
I didn't expect any awesomeness from this anime, but it is getting better and better. Nice clashes and struggles there, in the narration. It kinda resembles Strawberry Panic.
Oct 12, 2020 3:16 AM

Jul 2015
It is quite obvious at this point, that Shirai lost her partner in recent past, most likely in combat, which left a mark on her psyche. The girl who appeared in the room in final scene was most likely a ghost or hallucination.

Oct 12, 2020 4:20 AM
Oct 2019
Piromysl said:
It is quite obvious at this point, that Shirai lost her partner in recent past, most likely in combat, which left a mark on her psyche. The girl who appeared in the room in final scene was most likely a ghost or hallucination.

I don't think she just lost her, most likely she was cause of it, maybe not even by accident so she has a reason to blame herself and not join the legions.
Oct 12, 2020 5:16 AM

Dec 2018
So much sweet Yuri,,YEEEEEEEEEES

Awwww the lily's like to form pairs with each other .The little lesbians are so fucking adorable together

Riri have her eyes on her heroines Yuyu and asked her for her hand in marriage! And she said yes!! Awwwww the lesbians are now engaged,,YEEEEEEEEES! Even if I think Kaede would be a better wife for Riri. Yuyu is still acceptable

OMG that episode was so gay and cute!! I love it! Next week I am hopping for a big grand lesbian wedding between the newly engaged lovebirds ,,YEEEEEES!

Yuri-CrusaderOct 12, 2020 12:25 PM
Oct 12, 2020 6:07 AM

Jul 2015
False_Mirror said:
Piromysl said:

I don't think she just lost her, most likely she was cause of it, maybe not even by accident so she has a reason to blame herself and not join the legions.

Most likely, because so far this show is literal carbon copy of Symphogear minus singing.
It copies characters, where two main girls are literally the same and even turn of events.

Oct 12, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2020
I have a prediction that im 100% sure is true, the gray short-haired girl that is always in the room with Yuyu is not actually there, she is just Yuyu’s imagination, someone she knew who is gone and probably the reason she changed her attitude from 2 years ago. Think about it, we never saw her outside Yuyu’s room, yet she knows everything that happens to her during the day.
Edit: didn’t actually read other people’s posts but look like we have the same idea.
Oct 12, 2020 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
When was the last time I saw a character bleed lol
Oct 13, 2020 3:54 AM

Jun 2015
Its primal instinct I guess, and after seeing the locked thread its not just me, but damn are these ladies packing some excellent thighage. MmmmMmm. Sweet mamma's right there. Hips don't lie.

Anyway, this eps I guess was more character / relationship building with a complete lack of action. As there base was introduced as a choke point for the massive coming onshore I have yet to decide if the threat is actually minimal and these girls are more idol promo material (paid for by taxes) or now we have a good feel for the greater cast of characters, and shit is about to get wild and some serious monsters about to start turning up!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 13, 2020 4:22 AM

Jul 2010
Interesting! Jokes on the situation too!
May be some anime?
Oct 14, 2020 3:55 AM

Jul 2009
I noticed now that the OP is by Raisen A Sullen! Amazing.
So she accepted Riri....
Oct 14, 2020 5:23 PM

Jul 2014
I love how gay this show is, and how thirsty Kaede is xD.

I also love how these girls' hips are bigger than my chances of success in life. The people behind this show are true men of culture.
Oct 15, 2020 7:44 AM

Jul 2017
Don't you love it when the Yuri bait is going as strong, if not stronger than ever. Plus, keep those thicc thigh shots coming.

But otherwise, Riri and Yuyu's one-sided relationship already turning heads, and Kaede is massively thirsty for Riri, as the "Schutzengel" sisterhood-cum-Yuri applies.

More infodump on how the Lilies' weaponry CHARMs operate, and with it, new characters. Seems like Yuyu's history brings some intrigue, and Riri is dead set to break her free from her estranged condition.

It's gonna take a lot to break the cold heart of Yuyu, and the challenge is on.
Nov 4, 2020 6:25 PM
Jul 2018
Lily = God Eater
Huge = Aragami
Magie = Oracle Cell
CHARM = God Arc

Did I miss something?
Nov 23, 2020 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
Halfway through i already got a boner lol
Nov 24, 2020 9:40 PM

Apr 2014
so 2 eps in and this series is basically Maria-sama ga Miteru x god eater but im really liking the series so far

and also Yuyu friend its obvious that she's dead and thats why she's so different now but guess how she died will be explained later

but then also only thing i kinda didnt like is the whole Riri wanted to be with Yuyu for stupid reasons like god it's kinda annoying it reminded me of the "toji no miko" anime and how dumb it was for the MC to be so obsessed with the black haired girl in that series lol

but w/e the mc's in this i dont really care for as my fave is " Miliam Hildegard von Guropius" all that matters

anyway on to the next ep
DazeFireNov 24, 2020 9:43 PM
"one step at a time"
Jan 2, 2021 11:34 AM

May 2015
Yep we've got the typical main team of the innocent one and the edgy one XD. I really like the long hair girl though. She's nice you can tell and I bet those two are gonna be adorable together.

I really like that rich girl more and more. She's just embracing the yuri XD

Also, Holy shit the art is good!!!!!! The scene where the long hair girl walks away looked great. The light reflection in their hair made it look so good. And the music is great too.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 9, 2021 12:45 AM

Aug 2018
Damn damn damn damn
I really loving this anime!

The MC is great too cute and pure. The supporting cast can shine on their own, they have all great personalities. Im so amazed how good the narrative and how they explain everything without slowing down the story. Impressive animation from Shaft. The fanservice is really delightful.

Also im surprised that because of Kaede, Yuyu accept Riri's offer that easily. Drama is good so far

5/5

It's only ep 2 i hope for consistency.

So far may favorite is Kaede
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 19, 2021 3:47 PM

Jul 2015
So the sisterhood bond called Schutzengel is basically being really close partners, the yuri is strong in this one. Kind of suprised by the bitch slaps there but even more Yuyu actually accepted. Things are going pretty great for Riri...at least for now...

Jun 24, 2021 12:18 PM

Feb 2020
Excellent episode.

We got some nice information about those weapons.

So much yuri in this episode, but also some dramatic moments between Kaede and Yuzu.
Aug 12, 2022 1:07 AM

Feb 2020
Strong yuri vibes in this episode. Kaede was so hilarious again.

Nice Araya x Riri moment.

"If you really are destined to be with Riri, you'd better tie her down tight, or I'll gobble her up."

Also, interesting information about CHARMs.

SerafosMar 26, 11:12 PM
Aug 29, 2022 10:21 PM

Feb 2014
Dang the girls were savage to each other this episode lol

This cast is so big, and keeps getting bigger. I wonder if they'll be able to give them all meaningful screen time in just 12 episodes

Yuyu changed her mind about making the pledge with Riri quickly after Kaede called her out. I wonder what happened to her in the 2 years since she first met Riri

Also the animation during the windy leaves scene was gorgeous, and the fight animation is great too! Wow!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2023 6:01 PM

Dec 2022
I think we can all agree that Yuyu is blaming herself for the death of her previous partner. The ending shows a grave with flowers plus when MC brought up that she wanted to thank her too but Yuyu didn’t respond.
Sep 8, 2023 10:29 PM
Jun 2020
In episode one Riri was like the one decent character we are shown. But now the other characters are showing they aren't quite as bad as there debut. But Riri..... her fixation on Yuyu is super annoying. Just because she seen a Lily 2 years ago that happened to be Yuyu (could have easily been the other one), she wants to be her team mate. Nothing wrong with that...shoot your shot and go. But not Riri, she insists this perfect stranger accept her as a partner and doesn't take no for an answer. Not only that, but because Yuyu doesnt currently fit the kind persona Riri remembers from that night, she thinks it's up to her to fix her. This perfect stranger... that she said like 2 sentences too... and off of that limited interaction, created this ideal image of Yuyu that clashes with the person she is now. That's like the worse quality ever. I really wish yuyu didn't give riri the time of day tbh.
Jun 2, 12:28 PM
Apr 2010
There are no characters, there is no story
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Oct 1, 2020

166 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 8, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.