Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2020 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Honestly, I thought this episode was pretty dull. Way too much focus on Mashimahimeko and the band together. I mean, I'm glad they are united together with the same ambition and performing out there but they could of done more for this episode.

Hope the next one will be better.
Feb 27, 2020 7:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I don't want Howan to leave but their song was way better than Mashumairesh's one
Feb 27, 2020 9:56 AM
Sep 2018
Lol mashumairesh is still playing that one song but just a more complete performance, and it's actually reijing that got a new song. That's kinda hillarious. Though i'm still weirded out by how reijing's instruments are really just props and all they do is dance on the stage like idols, it's very different with how the other bands are well 'bands'.

And next ep will be a new song for dokofin based on the tittle.
dragonsoldier77Feb 27, 2020 9:59 AM
Feb 27, 2020 10:08 AM

Aug 2012
It seems like Rararin sees Mashu-Mashu what Go Go Signals used to be.

Next episode Dokofin gonna play again!
Feb 27, 2020 1:18 PM

Jun 2017
Yeah I have to agree with the others, this episode really didn't go anywhere. I think the band was formed way too late and it's also doesn't help that they only got 1 song so far.

Ashhk said:
I don't want Howan to leave but their song was way better than Mashumairesh's one

Well Raijing was so unsatisfied they ripped the contract lol.
Feb 28, 2020 12:31 AM

Mar 2019
Hmm am I the only one who liked Mashu's song more?

Life is full of difficult decisions indeed. Will you just want to have fun or aim for the top? There is always a price to pay if you want to become the best
Feb 28, 2020 3:18 AM

Dec 2018
At first a cute episode!! Fighting over Howan, a lot of Yuri and other good moments!! Then I saw the repulsive males again,,,,,,

Anime you are a dumb ass!! And for that you still have 1/10 I only want to see cute girls,,Not ugly males!!

Feb 28, 2020 10:06 AM

Oct 2008
I think i know why there's a hard treatment of REIGINGSIGNAL towards Mashumairesh, it because their ulterior motive is to let the girls experience the hardships and eventually become more serious so that Reiging would have a rival that they can finally seriously fight against! nice move there!
5/5.

Feb 28, 2020 12:46 PM

May 2018
We finally hear a new song? yay
Feb 28, 2020 3:54 PM

Oct 2007
picked up this anime again after discovering that the boy bands are not the focus of every episode.

battle of the bands did a lot of good advertising for Mashumai, they might have even gotten some fans from performing there. I think Rararin want to show them that having fun is not enough to become succesful, so she got angry when Howan had fun performing?

will be skipping episode 9 as it's a boyband episode.
Feb 29, 2020 8:35 AM

Jan 2013
pretty intense showdown albeit neither of their songs were emo. they havent listened to enough paramore. but im honestly confused by all the hate towards the male bands. they are literally the best part of this franchise ffs.
Feb 29, 2020 9:33 AM
Dec 2014
In terms of characters, Rara and Co. blows the rest out of the water for me personally. I just can't help but watch Mash Mash and Dokojo as wannabe Plasgmagica and Shingan CrimsonsZ. Plus that reaction at the end leaves me wondering if that was genuine disappointment at Mash Mash not meeting her expectations, being aimless and Howan just doing it for fun.
Or she did do that to spur them on and prevent them breaking up since she actually did see potential in them. But in terms of songs, Mash Mash wins.
But then in universe it makes sense Reijin would win. They countered Mash Mash's only advantage of having a different stye of song and their fans ate it up regardless if Mash Mash's is better or not.
GenesicKaiserFeb 29, 2020 10:21 AM
Feb 29, 2020 3:49 PM

Oct 2007
HibiChika said:
pretty intense showdown albeit neither of their songs were emo. they havent listened to enough paramore. but im honestly confused by all the hate towards the male bands. they are literally the best part of this franchise ffs.

to explain it in simple terms, I watch Bang Dream but have no interest to watch the male side Argonavis. I come here for the same reason, to watch and listen the girl bands, not interested to watch the boy bands. I don't hate the boy bands, just not interested in them, so I ignore.
Liddo-kunFeb 29, 2020 4:49 PM
Mar 1, 2020 4:58 PM

Oct 2007
dlxuniuniu said:
Hmm am I the only one who liked Mashu's song more?

Life is full of difficult decisions indeed. Will you just want to have fun or aim for the top? There is always a price to pay if you want to become the best

same, I like Mashu song more.

but the song of the other group was almost just as good imo.
Mar 2, 2020 4:31 PM
Feb 2020
I have how naive Howan is and how much flaws she have and any development jkasçsflksdgglk Like what was all drama between she and Himiko... she said something about to stop thinking only on her and now she just...did it...
Girl you accepted the battle band without talk the other members of Mashumashu... is not like thats was the ONLY opportunity you would have to play with they...

I understand why Rararin got mad with Howan. Midi City is the capital of Sound Planet, is where myumons are trying hard to be to the top and become music legends. It's a place of competition. Rararin tried to show to her that she's not going to be someone big is she don't understand that bands are not only about having fun. Like, if you want play only for fun why you come to Midi City kshfoisaf
I think Rarain just tried to show that to MashuMashu, so they can develop. She would say that they aren't going to take Howan because they will have another band battle to see how MashuMashu improved and grow as a band. But well Howan is Howan and she just haha fun!! omg girl i want to give you a slap//;;

About the songs, i expected a new song foe MashuMashu...I hope that we get one more of then :// Reijin surprised me with the new one... A change os style and still good, i love it! But, the CGIs to me is one of the biggest disappointment of this season. 3D models are pretty cute, but i think the VFX could be a lot better... just don't have the same feeling as the other seasons had. I know that's another studio and a smaller one than Bones, but still idfjweaopfkd
Mar 2, 2020 4:36 PM
Feb 2020
HibiChika said:

Right? I don't get those people who is putting hate on the anime only because it has a male band. There's a difference about dont minding about they and just giving free hate... If you dislike that so much it's better go watch a girl-only anime, there's a lot of them (: Show by Rock always had both male and female groups hflefhiofgws
Mar 4, 2020 9:09 AM

Mar 2017
Another disappointing episode that brought more unnecessary drama. We're already 8/12 episodes in and there's been little progress since the beginning. I honestly can't see this as the same SB69 universe with the first two seasons, it has a completely different feel and seems out of place-it just doesn't fit.
Apr 6, 2020 6:49 AM
Dec 2014
Kystar said:
I have how naive Howan is and how much flaws she have and any development jkasçsflksdgglk Like what was all drama between she and Himiko... she said something about to stop thinking only on her and now she just...did it...
Girl you accepted the battle band without talk the other members of Mashumashu... is not like thats was the ONLY opportunity you would have to play with they...

I understand why Rararin got mad with Howan. Midi City is the capital of Sound Planet, is where myumons are trying hard to be to the top and become music legends. It's a place of competition. Rararin tried to show to her that she's not going to be someone big is she don't understand that bands are not only about having fun. Like, if you want play only for fun why you come to Midi City kshfoisaf
I think Rarain just tried to show that to MashuMashu, so they can develop. She would say that they aren't going to take Howan because they will have another band battle to see how MashuMashu improved and grow as a band. But well Howan is Howan and she just haha fun!! omg girl i want to give you a slap//;;

About the songs, i expected a new song foe MashuMashu...I hope that we get one more of then :// Reijin surprised me with the new one... A change os style and still good, i love it! But, the CGIs to me is one of the biggest disappointment of this season. 3D models are pretty cute, but i think the VFX could be a lot better... just don't have the same feeling as the other seasons had. I know that's another studio and a smaller one than Bones, but still idfjweaopfkd

You took the words out of my mouth. People praising Howan and finding Rararin to be an asshole despite Howan's idiotic 'I just wanna have fun with my band' despite her jumping in and ruining her bands chances of future concerts if they lost. Howan couldn't wait to have a concert without such stakes? She just had to be in one right now?
GenesicKaiserApr 6, 2020 7:01 AM
Apr 29, 2020 2:11 AM

Apr 2011
Hmm...Nice competition.
Dec 6, 2021 7:42 AM

Feb 2020
Nice performances. :) I actually liked Mashumairesh's song more than REIJINGSIGNAL's.

That ending was a little shocking. Rararin got really angry at Howan.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2020

17 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2020

20 by Pinoffin »»
Feb 26, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

28 by vinipart2 »»
Jan 29, 2023 6:45 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

14 by Muow »»
Sep 1, 2022 7:14 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

31 by Muow »»
Aug 31, 2022 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.