Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 27, 2019 12:27 PM

May 2016
Not exactly sure why MAL listed this as the second season when it's really not at all, but MAL will be MAL I guess...

Can't wait for this second half! With the way this show's story is set up, I have a feeling it'll only get better and better, and more badass as the tournament progresses--and only the very strongest get left.

I wonder how much time the other side of the tournament table will take up, and whether or not they'll skip/rush over some of those fights. Hoping it's not too long until I get that Ohma vs Raian fight anyway--as that's the one I'm most excited for. Have the feeling that it'll be a battle between which of their two forms is strongest (neither of which I know the name of at all), and Raian seems way too confident in his... Also really excited to see more of best girl Kure, and Setsuna in proper action as well.
ZaugrAug 27, 2019 2:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2019 11:43 PM
Oct 2017
If only it wasn't shitty CGI, this and Baki had so much potential.
Aug 31, 2019 6:14 AM

May 2016
OppaiLover-_- said:
If only it wasn't shitty CGI, this and Baki had so much potential.

I disagree completely with you about the CGI being shitty. I thought it was pretty great, or at least when you compare it to the standard CGI show. Here it was well-directed, well-utilized in the fights with an always good sense of momentum and impact, it had a lot of very nice effects (that saved it from that usual "too clean" look), and it was blended very well with the 2D animation. It far exceeded my expectations anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2019 12:17 PM
Oct 2017
Sorry but your expectations must have been very low then, if you look at the manga art style of both Manga series it's great, and then you look at the anime and they just butchered it. Same thing with hinomaru sumo but atleast that was mostly 2D instead of bad CGI.
Aug 31, 2019 5:47 PM

May 2016
OppaiLover-_- said:
Sorry but your expectations must have been very low then, if you look at the manga art style of both Manga series it's great, and then you look at the anime and they just butchered it. Same thing with hinomaru sumo but atleast that was mostly 2D instead of bad CGI.

You keep calling the CGI shitty but haven't actually explained why or how yet at all... What part of its animation specifically, was so low quality and off-putting to you? And are you sure it isn't just you not liking CGI as an animation style?
But no, just because I didn't go into this ((CGI)) show expecting the art style to match the manga's (which is actually famous for its quality... And would be just about impossible to do true justice to even with 2D animation...) doesn't mean I had "very low" expectations... I went in with the expectations I always do. The same set of "very low" expectations that got me to a much lower mean score than you for our shared anime.

Are you sure you didn't go into this with unfair expectations? Because possibly this style of animation just isn't your thing?
I guess I should ask - are there any CGI anime you do like? What do you think of Houseki no Kuni's CGI? And since I can't see this show on your lists, just how far did you get into it? I doubt you'd give it a second chance, but I personally found it improved greatly after the first episode or two, and the proper fighting started.
And just to be clear here - I wasn't saying you were wrong for thinking it's ugly or disappointing, your opinion with that is just as valid as mine. No style works for everyone. It's just that I strongly disagree with the CGI and its animation quality being "shitty". It's always well-shot and well-choreographed, its models are detailed and well-stylized, it's expressive while nearly always maintaining reasonable model believability, it blends well with the 2D art and the numerous (IMO very great) effects the staff utilize, and like I said--it also always conveys momentum and impact very well in the fights. Truly shitty CGI is the 2016 Berserk adaptation, or that Overlord CGI, not this. Don't get me wrong, it's far from the best, but "shitty"? "Shitty" enough to completely ruin it...?

It should only do that if you have a very strong natural aversion towards the type of animation.
ZaugrAug 31, 2019 6:18 PM
Sep 3, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2018
A lot of people are going to disagree with me but I don’t care about the animation at all. I am actually pretty excited about another part of Kengan Ashura
Sep 4, 2019 10:19 AM
Jul 2017
Terminator19708 said:
A lot of people are going to disagree with me but I don’t care about the animation at all. I am actually pretty excited about another part of Kengan Ashura

I’m one of the people who actually agrees with you. I enjoyed the first season and I’m glad the second one is coming this fall.
Sep 5, 2019 8:10 AM
Sep 2016
I just hope they don't end the series in this second half since it will be really rushed. They also skipped a lot of material from the manga in the first half so I assume they'll do the same with the second half which would be very disappointing.
Sep 21, 2019 3:48 AM
Sep 2016
In all honestly i thought the cgi wasn't that bad, the 3D character models really give the fights a new uniqueness to it, on top of that it was pretty well choreographed, its way more tolerable to look at and the sound effects are actualy pretty decent

That said, i still kinda disliked the adaptation because as one of my fav manga it dissapoints me to see somthing that could've be so much better, they cut out quite some stuff, bad pacing, and i can't stomach how they switch 2D and 3D animation, the flashbacks animation are also terrible

not really interested to revisit any of the 2nd half of round 2 fights besides maybe Okubo vs Fang and Setsuna vs Nikaido, i will be interested to see if it gets a season 3 tho cuz second round onwards the fights are just absolutely stunning

Anime is Great
Oct 1, 2019 9:57 PM
Mar 2014
Just watched this show, now cannot wait for the next fight

I can say the animation and CGI is well worked on
well if want to compare to another CGI that I know is Kengan > Sidonia > Ajin

Well talk about CGI, if you ever (unlucky) watch aku no hana, everthing is better than that
Oct 27, 2019 9:14 PM

Sep 2017
Can't wait, I been reading the manga and i wanna watch the fight scenes in actual moment. The animation is done well at least, it doesn't feel cheap unlike other CGI.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Vipek - Nov 2, 2019

32 by Joekidd83 »»
Sep 7, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Vipek - Nov 2, 2019

10 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

striperrela - Nov 1, 2019

20 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

striperrela - Nov 1, 2019

9 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Kengan Ashura 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Vipek - Nov 1, 2019

14 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 25, 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.