Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2019 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, those idols made a cameo in the finale.

On a serious note, it looks like the episode continued to explore Yuki's experiences the mysterious depths of Lost. Seems the episode managed to cap the main events together while giving some peace for Takuya.

Still a very underwhelming anime altogether though if you ask me.
Jun 23, 2019 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Good thing they were able to defeat Taiyo.

Too bad Yuki lost her memories.

Overall, this was an interesting series.

Jun 23, 2019 9:28 AM
Sep 2018
Shoumetsu was a good anime,with good ost's,interessing,but not enough developed.

Jun 23, 2019 9:40 AM
Sep 2015
Because this story is very forgettable (or I'm just Alzheimer) but the woman officer that was killed at the end of the episode 4 become an 'unresolved plot'???
Jun 23, 2019 10:18 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so Taiyo only cares about opening the portal that will allow him to save his own world while condemning his current one to die. While to a greater man who is able to see the larger picture and would try to do so without destroying one world the responsibility while a great one would show just how great a person he is to Tauyo this just makes him look even more cheap and sad as well. The choice that Yuki was presented with though sure was a tough one. On one hand you can reset the world and thus prevent the lost but in doing so you would wipe out everyone and thing that was born after the lost. While the reset would have been a great choice im glad that Yuki chose the second as it meant that she didn't want to forget all of the bonds and experiences that she had. Though Suzuna fell while trying to take down Taiyo her foretelling sure managed to strike back in a timely manner. Hmm while its nice that they managed to stop Taiyo's plan and address what happened to everyone after it that sure was a weird ending. But at least the ending theme from Kana was good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2015
The ending wasn't that great and a little underwhelming but still, it was fine.

Overall the show had some positive points like the music, a little story and art (in some parts) but the CG was the negative factor that pushed away a lot of people. Also the story felt shrinked to mach the 12 episode window, maybe even a little too much because the last few episodes felt a little empty but i can say that the execution was alright.

It might not deserve this but since the show was somewhat enjoyable for me, ill give it 8/10.
Jun 23, 2019 11:23 AM

May 2016
If you told me the script for this came from a preschooler through a government funded youth creativity project or some shit, I would 100% believe you. I have a very, very hard time believing adults wrote this. Proper, functioning adults in a career. A heavily competitive career with a large audience and high demands. And they got paid for this.
I've never liked the phrase "made me lose brain cells" but I can't think of anything else more fitting to describe my experience with this. I felt myself getting dumber as I tried to understand this show, to put myself in the shoes of it's creators. It's impossible to comprehend any of the "why's" without first making yourself a retard too.
This how show is mind boggling, and a good reminder in just how terrible things can get.

I can only hope that those who were responsible for this crime against humanity never get to produce another show again. What an ugly waste of funds, time, and talent (on behalf of the artists who weren't in charge of writing or directing this utter garbage).

ZaugrJun 23, 2019 11:39 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2019 11:50 AM

Jun 2017
I think it was a decent enough ending, the 5 scoring I really find harsh to be honest, it earned 6 in my eyes at least. Honestly, I've seen way worse shows than this.

So Suzuna turned out to be the hidden MVP.

Too bad Yuki lost her memories, Takuya seemed to be alright for the most part. Still, they could have let them talk or something. I feel a bit cheated here.

Overall the plot came down to save this or that world of which....nothing has actually happened. The world the bad guys wanted to save got ended I guess and Yuki didn't redo the world she was born in. I can't blame her since her fathers' request was kinda unfair, at least he was cool with her decision in the end.

End song was cool too btw.

Maybe they could have come up with something more interesting but the 12 ep limitation and the fact that this was based on a mobile game didn't really help things.

I am not saying this should have never existed but why they decided to adapt this I have zero idea....
Jun 23, 2019 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
Definitely the second worst anime from Madhouse.
Pacing was all over the place and as a result, you have no clue what is happenings by the end of third episode. But it wasn't as bad as Index 3. It's sad to see such prominent and talented voice actors being wasted on such poor project.
6/10

Jun 23, 2019 3:51 PM
Nov 2018
Interesting anime killed by a stupid ending.
Jun 23, 2019 6:34 PM

Oct 2015
That was the most undeveloped rushed ending I've ever encountered in my life. It was almost like the writer gave up on it. Too bad Takuya and Yuki didn't meet at the end! But how did he survive though?

4/10 forgettable and won't miss it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 23, 2019 7:48 PM

Jan 2015
This series had two decent episodes in its entire 12 episode run, as far as I’m concerned... The time-loop, idol episode. And the one that flashed back on the life of Yuki’s father, back when he first met and fell in love with her mother. Apart from that, by and large, the entire rest of the series was underwhelming and forgettable, for me. Which I’m sad to say, as the premise would’ve actually been really investing and intriguing, if only it were paced and fleshed out better.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Jun 23, 2019 11:59 PM

Jul 2017
WAD THE HECK.

Those one-time-off characters came back as a cameo...just because they exist.

So Yuki is the time-warp device herself, made that way by her dad (Daichi) that in spite of enemy "invasion", the source would be available somewhere.

So the real MVP was Suzuna, one step ahead of Taiyo. So those experiments before weren't for naught. Even with 99% of failures, there's the 1% that could.

AND WTF IS THE LAST SEGMENT OF THE SHOW. Everything resolved without any form of explanation, lest Yuki's memories erased and forgetting all about Takuya. Though I'm not one to complain after coming this far.

This is the RErideD that could excel decently, if more effort was actually given to it.

More along the lines of 2-3/10.
Jun 24, 2019 1:31 AM
Mar 2018
I have got a lot to say about this series and its ending and none of it is good. I will start with Daichi. I honestly have no idea why the creators of this anime would make a character like that. All in all, he was just an irresponsible person and father who tried to push the hard decisions to his teenage daughter. It was completely unnecessary to call her to lost just for the sake of making her choose one world over the other.
Second, that suspense towards the end about the fate of Takuya was just horrible. It seemed like a ploy to make the series appear more interesting and suspenseful than it actually is but, in the end, the conclusion was just mediocre much like the rest of the series.
I started out liking this series and honestly believed that the MAL congress recommendation not to watch it was a bit harsh but I somewhat agree with it now. I am too disappointed with how this anime turned out.
Jun 24, 2019 4:33 AM
Mar 2016
This anime is just awful. I only kept watching to see the ending. So you get a chance to undo a major disaster that essentially destroyed the lives of everyone you know, and you decide not to because it's better for everyone to just continue living in untold suffering... The whole reason everyone wanted to go to Lost in the first place was to get their loved ones back! Saying that she didn't want to reject the other universe was dumb too, since it was already dying (and now certainly is completely dead).

Takuya was especially shafted, since he's alone forever now...

All in all: the action scenes were slow and clumsy, the supporting cast wasn't memorable, and the sparse and cryptic plot that did exist was consistently bogged down by filler and malaise.

Takuya was the best character in the show, and even he essentially did nothing but drive Yuki around and act like he was cool. In reality he was weak and pointless, barely serving as Yuki's foil. You could have easily replaced him with a talking car.

This would have been so much better if the entire show had revolved around their journey to Lost even if the major plot points stayed the same. Instead, they abandoned that IMMEDIATELY to introduce new side characters and focus on "character development" (really just a series of boring exposition dumps).

Best episode was the one about Daichi and Yuki's mom, even if their relationship made little sense.

2/10. Definitely seen worse, but that doesn't make this watchable or enjoyable
DarkdaxterJun 24, 2019 4:38 AM
Jun 24, 2019 6:08 AM

Feb 2019
Darkdaxter said:
So you get a chance to undo a major disaster that essentially destroyed the lives of everyone you know, and you decide not to because it's better for everyone to just continue living in untold suffering...

Well she did mention the kids that were born since Lost, but that was basically an after thought. I guess the implication is that if she erased the past, then those kids may not be born. That makes sense as motivation for not erasing the past. However, her main reason for not reverting the Lost incident seems to have been that everyone "pushed through their grief and worked hard to keep on living". That is the most horseshit, anime/manga tropey reason for not fixing what your father broke.

There were so many plot threads left hanging in this episode.

Like, why the hell did Taiyo kill the green haired woman, other than they just wanted him to seem like an insane villain?

Where exactly did Taiyo, the Green haired woman and Daichi come from, and why did it need saving?

Why did they even bring the police woman and her compatriots into the story? They played basically NO role in the story.

Why can't Takuya and Yuki be together? So she forgot him, why does that necessitate him trying to avoid her, but leaving weird signals that he is around?

This show was a damn mess, and that ending was about as unsatisfying as the ending of Hanebado. It's frustrating, when a show actually shows some potential, unlike some of the other crap out there that you know will be crap from episode 1 (Master of Ragnarok, My Sister My Writer) and then doesn't even come close to meeting that potential.
Jun 25, 2019 3:14 AM
Jan 2017
so yuki made her way to lost and meet her father,
her father tel yuki to choose between two world cause she has the power for choosing the better side to everyone,,
but yuki dont want to choose that world cause she dont want make everyone strugle become useless and dont want to reject all the change like birth is disappear,,
and after the fight takuya and yuki get out from the lost portal,,
yuki got her normal life and forget about the lost and takuya,,
at last scene takuya see yuki back to her home and takuya left yuki before she turn arround,,
losing memories is thebest for her so she can live without a bad memories and just keep moving foward without regret from the past,,

based all the season:
character :8
plot :6
setting :6
ending :7

final score :7
Jun 27, 2019 5:01 AM

Mar 2018
I agree with everyone, this anime has couldve been better if given time and more development, its disappointingly underwhelming.

6/10 - Could be better, but fun and interesting story.
"As someone who deranked from Legendary Eagle to Gold Nova, i can really say that war is hell."
Jun 27, 2019 6:32 AM
Nov 2017
Really doesn't deserve that ending, especially with a lot of the moeshit around that gets instant 8s all around. A good watch.
Jun 27, 2019 6:40 AM
Aug 2018
MomoSinX said:
I think it was a decent enough ending, the 5 scoring I really find harsh to be honest, it earned 6 in my eyes at least. Honestly, I've seen way worse shows than this.

Too bad Yuki lost her memories, Takuya seemed to be alright for the most part. Still, they could have let them talk or something. I feel a bit cheated here.

Overall the plot came down to save this or that world of which....nothing has actually happened. The world the bad guys wanted to save got ended I guess and Yuki didn't redo the world she was born in. I can't blame her since her fathers' request was kinda unfair, at least he was cool with her decision in the end.

Maybe they could have come up with something more interesting but the 12 ep limitation and the fact that this was based on a mobile game didn't really help things.

I am not saying this should have never existed but why they decided to adapt this I have zero idea....

There season 2 in game adventure not over yet she will meet danger again that Time real akira show up help her fight monster and find takuya

I notice they change little story in anime yuki suppose had many summon and later she will fight akira has been brainwash and save him i will get mad if they not follow season 2 I mean no sequel if that happen this will be spin off not part original story of game
Jun 27, 2019 11:01 AM

Jun 2017
yuuma_kuga said:
MomoSinX said:

There season 2 in game adventure not over yet she will meet danger again that Time real akira show up help her fight monster and find takuya

I notice they change little story in anime yuki suppose had many summon and later she will fight akira has been brainwash and save him i will get mad if they not follow season 2 I mean no sequel if that happen this will be spin off not part original story of game

Thanks for the info, sadly I think this will not get another season in anime form. It wasn't really a hit and probably most people skipped it.
Jun 28, 2019 10:14 AM

May 2018
Ok, so Yuki lost her memories but Takuya doesn't, but then again for Takuya to choose to disappear from Yuki's life was noble, beside he's just too old for her.
Jul 5, 2019 2:11 AM

Apr 2018
You know what I like about this?
The fact that her father saying "You've gotten so big." reminded me of the last line that Reigen said in the press conference. That's it.
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Jul 5, 2019 5:26 AM
Apr 2019
I give this 8/10 just because i like some cool characters like that phantom brigade especially the chainsaw female... and idol stuff... i love the ending song very much..

Main story not that bad like people thought... still better than isekai shit..
Jul 6, 2019 12:48 AM
Mar 2012
ouch that ending...
Besides weak start, some of the backstory/arcs in middle were decent enough, a few later episodes actually got amazing. Idol, orphanage/Takuya, magician stuff & outing Lacuna, & otherworld/Yuki's dad arc all got solid potential but could be better developed. Too many characters & mashup of plots lost some focus. They should at least show the otherworld those 3 came from, would've given more context of whether they mattered & to Yuki's decision.
It was ok in the end.
Jul 6, 2019 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
I wonder what will happen to those people on the other universe.
Jul 13, 2019 12:16 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, that was a ride. I didn't expect Yuki to choose not to reset the world after being after her father for 11 whole episodes, and if she chose not to reset to keep her bonds with the new people she encountered, well... then i feel cheated with the ending lol
Aug 6, 2019 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
Suzuna the real hero of the story

I still wonder who exactly akira is? Only thing we know of him is that he is a bodyguard (unless I missed something)

Aug 30, 2019 1:35 AM

Aug 2013
That was about the worst way you could possibly end an already bad show.

Yuki chooses not to pick a universe because of "people continued to move forward" and to keep the bonds she forged. Meanwhile everyone who died for the sake of this is still dead, and Yuki "forgets" (but doesn't completely forget) Takuya, and he remembers but makes no effort to reach out to her either.....

This ending could've easily been 10000x better if they got down to the bottom of Lost, and Daichi presents the choice to Yuki in a better way. Something along the lines of correcting his mistake that killed people, saving the world, saving her brother, etc. Instead of "pick universe 1 or 2 and the other one will cease". And then Taiyo goes to kill her father or something and she jumps on a computer there and selects the "save the world" option and then everything that happened in that what-if scene actually flash forwarded and actually happened. I would've much rather had the "the happiness that should've happened" route happen and then Taukya and Yuki never actually meet due to circumstance rather than the bullshit choice they went with which resulted in them still not reconnecting. Christ, they even could've done something like Eiji and the pink haired woman were still work friends with Daichi and his family in the "true happiness" universe and had Takuya courier something to Daichi's house and he crosses paths with Yuki that way.

Then there's also the gigantic plot holes of why Diachi's body was dead on a mountain for 50 years. Or the fact that they didn't explain ANYTHING about how Daichi, Taiyo, and the girl are from a parallel world: how they got there, why they were there, what happened to their world, what the portal is/how it works, what the project Noah was....literally nothing actually explained there.

Just to rub salt in the wound, you know the fucking show was bad when most of the seiyuu were pretty mainstream names, and yet the MAL page doesn't have the majority of credits listed even after the show has been over this long.
Oct 30, 2019 2:03 AM
Mar 2016
HOOfan_1 said:
Darkdaxter said:
So you get a chance to undo a major disaster that essentially destroyed the lives of everyone you know, and you decide not to because it's better for everyone to just continue living in untold suffering...

Well she did mention the kids that were born since Lost, but that was basically an after thought. I guess the implication is that if she erased the past, then those kids may not be born. That makes sense as motivation for not erasing the past. However, her main reason for not reverting the Lost incident seems to have been that everyone "pushed through their grief and worked hard to keep on living". That is the most horseshit, anime/manga tropey reason for not fixing what your father broke.

There were so many plot threads left hanging in this episode.

Like, why the hell did Taiyo kill the green haired woman, other than they just wanted him to seem like an insane villain?

Where exactly did Taiyo, the Green haired woman and Daichi come from, and why did it need saving?

Why did they even bring the police woman and her compatriots into the story? They played basically NO role in the story.

Why can't Takuya and Yuki be together? So she forgot him, why does that necessitate him trying to avoid her, but leaving weird signals that he is around?

This show was a damn mess, and that ending was about as unsatisfying as the ending of Hanebado. It's frustrating, when a show actually shows some potential, unlike some of the other crap out there that you know will be crap from episode 1 (Master of Ragnarok, My Sister My Writer) and then doesn't even come close to meeting that potential.

All of the children born after Lost are literally babies though. Babies that are going to grow up through hellish strife with emotionally devastated parents lol. Even in the show logic, it just doesn't make sense.

I think Taiyo killed her because he already put her life in jeopardy once (equally stupid) testing the antidote, and he figured she would double-cross him (although she would gain nothing from doing so, since she couldn't have survived in Lost).

The only hints from the story were that it was a parallel universe that was experiencing some sort of phenomenon like a Big Crunch, Big Chill, or Heat Death. Lost was some sort of wormhole that would have allowed them to cross over (potentially their entire planet I assume), but only one instance of something can exist in a universe at the same time. The 3 of them lucked out because their counterparts were already dead in this universe.

I feel like they only brought the police woman in to serve as a friend to Yuki and build Takuya's former boss' character. I agree though, all of them including his former boss could have easily been cut from the story. Even his two teammates could've been killed off in the beginning without effecting much.

Yuki would have been a bronze medal for Takuya in my book. Definitely not OTP but would have been better than nothing.
Nov 26, 2019 2:01 AM

Feb 2018
Bad end xD... i think yuki will meet Takeya.
Dec 29, 2019 2:30 PM

Jun 2019
What an unexplained vague mess. Ew. The madhouse quality keeps it a 5/10 for me but the plot is icky as all hell.

Mar 6, 2020 8:00 AM
Apr 2016
I would like a second season
Mar 6, 2020 8:04 AM
Apr 2016
i loved this anime; but want to see how they prevent lost from taking over, the relationship and yuki remembering takuya, because it seemed like he remembered and wanted her to remember. not sure how people dont find this explained, rewatch it. the visions and certain charecters explain what happen throughout the anime.
Apr 18, 2020 3:47 PM

Apr 2016
Umm well that wasn't really the best ending now was it? Takuya supposedly disappeared but he left behind an article of clothing that Yuki can see. Why can't she see Takuya, exactly? What's the difference between Takuya and his clothing? Explanations are needed.

Not really the best experience if I'm being honest. The anime couldn't decide which direction it would take, a lot of these episodes didn't correlate with one another in the slightest, backstories and flashbacks are overused, the characters lack proper development -- there are just way more negatives than there are positives. The premise was pretty good, but the execution wasn't. The story was brimming with potential, but other elements brought it down.

4/10
May 2, 2020 5:39 AM

Aug 2017
LOL Yuki choose this universe over the one where they don't have tons of people dying. Why Takuya didn't talk with her in the end?

The villains are so poorly developed that they make me mad especially Tsuki and Taiyo that we know absolutely nothing about their past before meeting Yuki's dad. And Suzuna is just an asspull character. The rest? The fat guy was annoying, generic and stupid, probably the worst character in the entire show. Takuya and Yuki? I honestly do not understand why they try to force a friendship between them when there is no charisma between them and the worst thing is that in the end nothing matter.

This is ridiculous. 2/10 for the anime.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 22, 2020 9:40 AM
May 2019
This was rather rushed and forgettable. Ouch, Madhouse. I remember you being better than this.
Jan 31, 2022 3:23 PM

Jun 2016
My God is it finally over. All that build-up for a disappointing big bad boss encounter. Like come on, a piece of bullet debris lodged in his heart, how can I take that seriously. The moment between Yuki and her dad was nice.

Yuki was the Observer and chose the current world over the ideal universe. You mean to tell me that the journey here was for that choice, lol. If Taiyo hadn't been around, like the mad and poorly written villain as he was, what would be the point in this show.

I take it Takuya had no memories of Yuki, like she has of him, and only remembered her after seeing the green curtains on that building... You know what, I don't even care. Fuck 'em both. Send me to the nearest Lost, so I can forget this crap.

Mar 14, 2022 11:43 PM
Jun 2008
Darkdaxter said:
HOOfan_1 said:

Well she did mention the kids that were born since Lost, but that was basically an after thought.

All of the children born after Lost are literally babies though. Babies that are going to grow up through hellish strife with emotionally devastated parents lol. Even in the show logic, it just doesn't make sense.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was bothered by that. My personal thought was to also wonder how many would truly have been "lost" rather than born into a world where there parents weren't devastated and the answer would be, only those whose parents came together because of lost, which in the amount of time that passed couldn't be that much, or those who had a kid out of grief, which can't be that many, yet it doesn't even factor in the kids not born because people are to terrified of another Lost happening somewhere else in the world.

So, it feels like they were trying really hard to justify her decision because it was the "opposite" of the bad guys, not because it was actually the right decision.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

18 by Mich666 »»
Aug 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2019

21 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 12, 2019

15 by Saku33 »»
Apr 6, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2019

127 by Saku33 »»
Apr 4, 9:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.