Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 16, 2019 3:10 PM

May 2009
Mich666 said:
- Naive protagonist with OP plot-armor (x) check
- Turn-based fights (x) check
- No consequences of your actions (x) check
- Handful of plot-devices (x) check
- Questionable decisions (x) check

There is no anime without 1,4 and 5 and what does 3 even mean?
bastek66Apr 16, 2019 9:57 PM
Apr 16, 2019 4:05 PM

Dec 2014
bastek66 said:
Mich666 said:
- Naive protagonist with OP plot-armor (x) check
- Turn-based fights (x) check
- No consequences of your actions (x) check
- Handful of plot-devices (x) check
- Questionable decisions (x) check

There is no anime without 1,3 and 4 and what does 2 even mean?

it means that when one side is talking, the other side politely waits for them to finish rather than attacking. Shippuden did that a loooooooooooooooooot during the 4th shinobi war
Apr 16, 2019 9:58 PM

May 2009
DiscoMilf said:
it means that when one side is talking, the other side politely waits for them to finish rather than attacking. Shippuden did that a loooooooooooooooooot during the 4th shinobi war

Shit, I typed wrong, I meant third line instead 2nd.
Apr 17, 2019 6:35 AM
Mar 2019
So I’m really late for the first episode and there’s already a second episode but before I start watching I must ask! Are fairies in this world good, bad , or both, or does is depend on the persons character. I think that’s like the only problem I’m having ( or at least understanding the concept) and ALSO can they morph into animals? Like that wolf monster dude ? Because from what I remember from the symposis , they take animal corpses as well ? God I’m so bad at putting things together , please help! Oh oh oh and also , I really love the cover artwork of the show , really really digging there all blacked out coats!!
Kebinsann :)
Apr 17, 2019 3:19 PM

Dec 2014
bastek66 said:
DiscoMilf said:

Shit, I typed wrong, I meant third line instead 2nd.

that one probably refers to when shows introduce a plot element, only for it to be forgotten or ignored at the show's convenience. like remember in BNHA season 3 when Deku's mom stood up to All Might and told him off? and then she gave up when All Might begged? that's what that means. like wow, let's acknowledge that Deku has been extremely reckless with his body and the feelings of those around him, and then make it go away because we still need Deku to be at the school. And they say he's at risk of permanently damaging his body all the damn time, and yet that hasn't happened despite him continuing to push it

Action: Deku is reckless with his body and the feelings of his friends of his family
|
V
Consequence: None, because the writing lacks long-term consequences for the actions of main characters

problem is, even i don't know what the dude you quoted is talking about. the plot has barely been set up and there haven't even been OPPORTUNITIES to write consequences for the characters. it's been like all fights
Apr 23, 2019 1:41 AM

Apr 2012
lezerman said:
GreenEmu said:

Really? That fast? I always knew that the yuri crowd were a bit delusional but that's almost a new record.

poor yuri crowd, being bashed by desillusional people, while they don't even know this shows exist.

I already see hardcore yuri fans watching this show - "Surprised to see a potential future lesbian couple in this anime...Mariya love her friend and are ready to fight so they can be together , i love that shit =) this anime have great Yuri potential". But seriously, the first episode is already enough to predict at least some people with the logic "they are close friends, so they are lesbians!". People asked about yuri, based on the fact that MC is looking for a friend, since the moment the synopsis was announced.
RobertBobertApr 23, 2019 2:11 AM
Apr 25, 2019 4:06 AM

Apr 2011
Annoying heroine.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Apr 26, 2019 10:54 PM

Oct 2017
This was one the worst first episodes I have ever seen, my god that was bad.
Apr 28, 2019 11:40 PM

Mar 2018
Kougeru said:
it's triggering me that sites like MAL and anidb have it listed as "Fairy Gone" when the "gone" is intentionally left lowercase. They need to respect title stylizations. Even the eyecatch showed "Fairy gone".

(K)NoW_NAME is always fantastic. P.A. Works is basically always awesome for me except for Glasslip. This was a pretty good start. OST is strong.
That also irritated me.
May 1, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2019
So far this was the weakest first ep. i've seen and the one I had the highest hopes for. Bland annoying characters, rushed, massive info dumps, massive influences from other anime's, like Ajin... not impressed at all. Will give another chance but first impressions and all that...
May 11, 2019 1:28 AM

Apr 2011
Honesty I was hyped for this show the most. The cover looks awesome and the plot seemed too.
The thing is, once I started watching it, I mean, anyone can just tell how much the script didn't came together as a whole. It's so inconsistant it hurts.

Like it was told before in this same topic, they just smack you in the face with it, random war, guess the war is over, kids are friends, fairies, now we older, bla bla bla. I mean, anyone who is watching Kimetsu no Yaiba can easily compare what is good from bad and this was terrible.

I know it's a trend to inspire from another anime, in this case spirit hamon (Jojo) but they made it look weird. Also, you can't connect with the characters. I mean, only if you have a thing for girls love or boys love.

It's kinda hollow and while I was watching it came back to me how much it looks like Ajin (which I dislike a lot).

Won't continue, It would be much of a pain.
May 17, 2019 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
I don't mean to be negative about it but I have very high expectations for this one and just the 1st half of Episode one was tormenting to watch 😐 I'm very disappointed and IDK if it's just the 1st episode or it's gonna be like that cuz seriously it doesn't seem to be worth of watching at all!
Jun 4, 2019 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
What is this persona?(>y<)
Jun 4, 2019 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
MOna-Dazai said:
I don't mean to be negative about it but I have very high expectations for this one and just the 1st half of Episode one was tormenting to watch 😐 I'm very disappointed and IDK if it's just the 1st episode or it's gonna be like that cuz seriously it doesn't seem to be worth of watching at all!
You're not alone. It really was.
Jun 6, 2019 5:59 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I can see why people got a broad first impression on this. It doesn't look like the best thing of the season, a bit boring and uninteresting, but the art helps a lot, I'm talking about the amazing character design here. They surely spent every penny on those crispy sharp lines, especially on character faces and expressions.

The fairy CGI looks far way too horrible than I expected, and you'd think fairies would be this beautiful and elegant creature.
I really liked the way they sent up that “next episode” preview, overlaying voices and scattered abstract silhouettes, it really matched the mystery of the show.

The opening song was decent and so was the ending song, it would take me a while to sync with.
Jun 18, 2019 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
Really neat ideas at work here. Mediocre execution.
Jun 19, 2019 5:41 AM
Mar 2018
I dislike that Marlya girl. She seems like those tiresome characters that get annoying very quickly. Otherwise, I found the episode to be okay. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either.
Jul 9, 2019 8:11 AM
Oct 2017
Highly unimpressive, only thing it has going is the artwork.
Jan 8, 2020 2:12 AM

Jul 2015
Animation looks decent and the cgi looks pretty okay, hopefully they don't animate the characters with cgi and only the fairies

Story looks promising with the whole fairy soldiers and war thing

Aug 26, 2020 7:31 PM

Nov 2019
It's been a while since I've seen such an incredibly stereotypical setup presented so uninterestingly.

The moment Marlya lays eyes on the thief you can tell how the series will play out even before the fairies get involved.
Feb 12, 2021 9:43 PM
Oct 2019
that was cool as hell. I don't get the hate at all

first episode = 9/10. I'm super intrigued about these fairies
Aug 15, 2021 5:16 AM

Feb 2018
Okay.. Marlya is kind of annoying ngl :P also the way she got her fairy felt.. so 'plot armor' like. Ver is way cooler. Free's fairy is the coolest looking one so far.
Oct 14, 12:23 PM
Jun 2017
Am I the only one who has "issues" with this anime because it has the same "brainwashed" cultural ideas?

What do I mean is very hard to understand since it's not a simple 1 + 2 = 3.

So I break it down and I hope people get what I try to point out:

People have power, super power, OP power

OP people vs "rich" class = Yes master, we do as YOU wish!

The anime start with people who clearly don't have the OP power but have so much money that they waste it on action insted of being used as funds to help society and the world. Why is this happening? Because it's a cultural thing from real life.

People with OP having real ambition and real wish to help = rich who are CORRUPTED will be dealth with just like any other good for nothing criminal.

What is happening in this anime from the start: Oh, they are rich, we do not disturbe the rich, we are all suffering, but we don't disturebe the rich while they use money to do as they please.

Anyways, people who understand understand, the rest, wow, guess why I used the term "brainwashed" at the start of my comment
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

73 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 28, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

65 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.