Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2019 2:54 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was that, was that the judo girl Yawara? A cool cameo appearance for sure. Now, Ryou and Kaori's relationship is so boring, and lackluster. Every time there seems to be some progress, it's back to square one and this time it wouldn't be different so it feels like there is little to no point to this.

No wonder Kaori had that identity crisis, that other time when she dressed up and Ryou got all "mokkori" for her, he pretty much showed disgust as soon as he found out that it was her because it was a "funny" scene. Of course she felt like he would "stop smiling" as soon as she came out as herself. But I do wonder when he noticed that it was her. Well, weird episode, I just felt bad for Kaori.
Feb 28, 2019 8:20 AM

Oct 2012
-Make up
-Real beauty
Don't you think you're missing a few components? :P

I guess Ryou noticed..
I don't know whether it's the entire time or just at the end, because she's so nervous
Real cinderella is exciting. I hope every girls get a story like Cinderella's, of course without evil mom and stuffs xD

Next ep, is Saeko episode
First Ryou, now Saeko is one-shotting (or kniving) a helicopter
"Signature removed"
Feb 15, 2020 12:00 PM
May 2015
Kaori's Cinderella game was nice and sweet and funny enough. The only drama was that she felt her ladylike attitude was too much a facade for her to maintain.
May 26, 2020 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
Well, we already had a similar episode, but I still think it's hilarious how a makeover has such a drastic effect. It would make sense for an unattractive woman, but casual Kaori is already plenty good looking. Anyway, was pretty cute in a way.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM

Dec 2021
I recognized that voice and hair from the back instantly, before the first zoom-in even happened. As if having Jigoro as a guy in a magazine and Matsuda + Hanazono as police officers in the second last episode (If I remember correctly) of the first City Hunter wasn't enough...

Loved it.
'Say the line, Bart' meme, but with Suiseiseki saying 'NTHE'
Nov 23, 2023 8:07 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to Daviljoe193
I recognized that voice and hair from the back instantly, before the first zoom-in even happened. As if having Jigoro as a guy in a magazine and Matsuda + Hanazono as police officers in the second last episode (If I remember correctly) of the first City Hunter wasn't enough...

Loved it.
The second I heard her voice I was like "WAIT A MINUTE" and the Judo throw made it super obvious. Such a cool reference to throw in.

What are the other two you're talking about? I don't remember them. I guess they were just scattered in the background, huh?

These past few episodes have really turned around City Hunter 91 for me. I thought it was okay and had a few boring episodes, but Umibozu's cafe episode, the fight he and Ryo had and now this episode where Kaori and Ryo have their moment ALONG with a Yawara reference just made it as good as the previous seasons.
StusbuNov 23, 2023 8:12 AM
Nov 23, 2023 11:41 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Stusbu
The second I heard her voice I was like "WAIT A MINUTE" and the Judo throw made it super obvious. Such a cool reference to throw in.

What are the other two you're talking about? I don't remember them. I guess they were just scattered in the background, huh?

These past few episodes have really turned around City Hunter 91 for me. I thought it was okay and had a few boring episodes, but Umibozu's cafe episode, the fight he and Ryo had and now this episode where Kaori and Ryo have their moment ALONG with a Yawara reference just made it as good as the previous seasons.
@Stusbu Here they are. All appearing before the anime adaptation of Yawara even started airing. First with Jigoro.

I somehow mentally blocked out that Kamoda appeared next to Matsuda.

And yep, even Hanazono.

All in episode 50 of the first City Hunter series.
'Say the line, Bart' meme, but with Suiseiseki saying 'NTHE'
Aug 24, 4:42 AM
Dec 2022
A slow pace episode. Kaori underwent a total makeover by her school friend Eriko. Eriko arranged a date for Kaori and Ryo alll dressed up. Ryo knew all along that Kaori is the person underneath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 13 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Apr 29, 2015

11 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 25, 1:01 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 12 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 10, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 25, 12:28 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 11 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 9, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 24, 11:37 PM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 9 Discussion

EratiK - Feb 22, 2015

6 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 22, 6:49 AM

Poll: » City Hunter '91 Episode 8 Discussion

Fayrin - Feb 8, 2019

3 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Aug 22, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.