Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2019 9:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An episode with more bonding between Tsutsui and Iroha.

Tsuitsui's mother is a bit tough but seems like an caring person. Same with his father.
Jan 22, 2019 11:28 AM

Jan 2018
Tsutsui can't catch break

Who knew divorce could be like this
Jan 22, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2018
Whoa Tsuitsui's mother was hot back then, now his family is going through a divorce .......I hope they reconsider.
Jan 22, 2019 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm, this was an unexpected direction for the series to take, but it poses an interesting quandary given that both Hikari and Kaoru have reasons (i.e. Iroha and Anzu respectively) to want to stay rather than go to Oshamambe. What surprises me most so far is that, throughout all of these developments, Hikari hasn't asked his father why he had the affair, especially when he's drawing distinct parallels between himself and his father; you'd think he would want to know, partially to try and stop the divorce and maintain his relationship with Iroha, but also to potentially avoid acting the same way down the road in that relationship.
Jan 22, 2019 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
That's very selfish of Tsun to try to make his mother comeback with the cheater dad, no pls, wtf. Staying for the kids is not the healthiest way to deal with a divorce, the kids are already grow up. Don't know how they had the courage to deal with it so lightly. That was horrendous.

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Whoa Tsuitsui's mother was hot back then, now his family is going through a divorce .......I hope they reconsider.

I hope not, she stayed faithful and dedicated her life for more than 20 years to him. She don't deserve to look to the face of a cheater for the rest of it. The dad was selfish and deserve to pay for it.
shiro_kaiJan 22, 2019 1:04 PM
Jan 22, 2019 1:12 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The culture festival sure had quite the impact on the cast. The difference between Hikari's mother's younger and current selves sure was striking. The trip to the restaurant sure proved to be a stressful experience for Hikari. The contrast between Hikari and Iroha's bond and the rapidly changing situation at home sure was contrasting. To think that Hikari's dad is an inventor of glue though lol. The argument between Hikari and his brother while serious was also quite amusing. An interesting episode that did well in putting in perspective what can happen if you do not actively try and form friendships and bonds with others. Loved the bonding between Hikari and Iroha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2019 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
Anyone else find the tone of this episode very inappropriate to the subject matter depicted?

Not only that, but Tsutsui acted like a total prick this episode, trying to push his little brother to be the one to move away instead of him and putting his own personal interests ahead of his family.
Jan 22, 2019 2:03 PM

Jul 2017
I'm not entirely sure what the consensus is on this episode, but I found it to be very good, among the best that this series has put out.

First of all, I'll give it props for tackling this subject matter at all. I haven't really seen any of show do this, though I'm sure that there are some out there.
It also presents a conflict for every character involved without being forced.

You could argue that the tone was questionable, but I think that's just the conflict being viewed through the perspective of a teenager.

Great episode.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Jan 22, 2019 2:45 PM

Jul 2017
This was unexpected yet absolutely horrible.

Way, way, WAY TOO MUCH happened in my opinion for one episode. And it all felt nonsensical to stuff so much unexpected twists into a 20 minute time frame.

With already having tons of drama already happening, now the writers add this. Wow....

Divorces are meant to be painful. Meant to be emotional. And this entire episode felt devoid of it in my opinion. It just was casual and had no heart to it. What utter bullshit representation of divorce this show put out.
Jan 22, 2019 2:51 PM

May 2013
Meh, i have being able to connet with almost all stuff that happened in the season one, but this season is weak so far.

This divorce thing feels like written for someone who doesn't have any clue what a divorce looks like.

JUST BAD, TRULY BAD.
Let me guess, the next episode they will sort everything out and stay as it is, then we will start the Iroha parents arc.
Jan 22, 2019 6:01 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode, as this time it tackles about family relationships... tsutsui sure is in a hard situation right now considering his parents are filing for divorce. will it pursue, im excited for next weeks episode...

and to end this post, this quote is from tsutsui's father line "THERE IS NO GLUE THAT CAN KEEP PEOPLES HEART FROM DRIFTING APART"

have a nice day..
Jan 22, 2019 7:15 PM

May 2018
After one season and 3 episode, finally we met Tsuttsun's father, just to see him about to divorce with his wife, WTF.

It is horrible actually, because we have seen what kind of girl that Tsuttsun's father cheating into, and we also know how Tsuttsun's mother looks like in the past, it means we have right to assume that his father cheating because want another girls that as beautiful as his wife in the past (Once again, it's just an assumption because Tsuttsun's father didn't mention anything about why he cheating, he is so busy with "sorry" word.... like father like son, huh).

Not a good episode, more like hurtful episode.
Jan 22, 2019 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
to think Tsutsun's mouth was actually considerate here....but still got him in a pickle unintentionally
Jan 22, 2019 9:34 PM

Aug 2018
I don’t get/like how they can try to make a divorce this lighthearted as well as trying to add comedy aspects to it... Honestly makes me mad. Though I 100% agree that the mother should get a divorce.

What I hope happens is that she stays in town but doesn’t live with their dad... which would benefit for the sons as well as the mother.
Jan 22, 2019 10:19 PM
Mar 2015
This arc was better done in the manga His girlfiiend is more supportive to him in the manga. The divorce itself is rather simple in Japan Just like marriage you simplysign and file the paperwork. I liked Tsuntsun resisting the easy way and trying to keep his family together since his parents are not willing to do anything.
Jan 22, 2019 11:30 PM

Mar 2009
What the actual fuck was this episode? Horrendous writing, and completely tone deaf. Tsutsun continues to be a little shit. No wonder, though, considering the father.
Jan 23, 2019 1:35 AM

Jan 2017
I thought the episode was funny even with all the divorce stuff that was happening. I've been enjoying season 2 so far surprisingly, considering the fact that I almost dropped the show at the end of the last season.
Jan 23, 2019 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
So Tsuntsun
F
Have good time in Hokkaido mai friend.
Jan 23, 2019 3:34 AM

Jan 2017
This is one of those rare times where an ntr was taken kinda lightly hmmm.
Jan 23, 2019 4:07 AM

Feb 2018
First time Tsutsui mother?
Jan 23, 2019 4:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Disliked this episode, to be frankly honest.

Using the matter of Divorce in such an underwhelming manner and adding on bits of comedy here and then just didn’t blend in well, in my opinion. I know it’s because of Tsutsui’s inability to actually grasp this whole development(and honestly who can blame him?) but I feel like the general tone of this episode was just disappointing. Lousy writing, if you will. Tsutsui’s father is far too uncaring regarding all this imo, no matter how introverted and accepting he may possibly be. Saying ‘sorry’ alone won’t cut it, old man.
Anyway, it was Good to see Iroha and Itou supporting Tsutsui and the elated side of Ishino, nevertheless! Ayado and Itou’s little fidgety relationship still continures, hopefully it won’t be dragged on for too long now. Episode Cliffhanger though, what now Tsutsui?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 23, 2019 10:48 AM

Jul 2017
Well... I can see that a lot of people hated the way the divorce was showed during this episode.
I can say as someone whose parents are divorced (not long ago, and I was still too young to live by myself) that I'm not shocked, some moments were a bit awkwards during this episode but I am surprised that you people show so much hate for it. And for "who is gonna go with me" I didn't went through that but I can say that my sister would have been the one to go (because I'm a horrible brother, aren't I ?)

Reminded me of some old (good and bad) memories that some salty people can't even understand and should just shut up because they don't know. Between how a divorce is seen and how it is inside the family, I can say that there is a whole world.
A french otaku. Not a surrender baguette.
Jan 23, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2016
If I remember correctly from the manga, the dad didn't actually cheat on the mom. There was this girl at his work who's pursuing him and he takes her to dinner to formally reject her.
Jan 23, 2019 4:43 PM
Sep 2017
I couldn't stand the Otaku here. Nobody is that ***!!!
Jan 23, 2019 10:13 PM
Jul 2017
I think it's kinda obvious at this point that Tsutsui is going to move to Oshabambe, considering his journey in the op (I'm probably wrong). Anyways, this episode was definitely awkward in the mix of what the actual story is and the way they conveyed it. They wanted to portray a divorce without killing the lighthearted feeling of the show which doesn't necessarily work, it would've been nice to see a more serious tone to this episode. I did like the portrayal of the scenes with Iroha, the palette change from cool to warm definitely fit, as Iroha is the only thing keeping him going at this point.

I really hope things work out. :/
Jan 23, 2019 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
oh man! we got some complicated issues like divorce! but in a light-mannered way of deliverance!
and looks like Kaoru won this time and Tsutsun would he trown to Oshamambe Hokkaido! hahah! more problems arises!
5/5.
matias067Jan 23, 2019 11:11 PM

Jan 24, 2019 5:02 AM

Dec 2010
I haven't experienced anything close to a divorce but this is my take on it.

I don't think all divorces are painful. That is just hasty generalisation.

You can't always compare your experience to other people's.
They have different lives and different experiences. Don't expect them to feel the same way you did.

I enjoyed this episode despite the theme of it. Nice/interesting take on it.
Jan 24, 2019 6:13 AM

Feb 2014
Oshamambe meter is real scary.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 24, 2019 4:11 PM

Sep 2016
Calling it now: if I have learnt *anything* about forced drama, Hikari's dad didn't even have an actual affair with the other girl, he was just happy to feel desired for once so he indulged her by taking her out a few times or something. He's only going along with this stupid divorce because he's even weaker than our lovely main character and couldn't even imagine contradicting "the wife".

Also, what the hell does Hikari's mom have in her head? How can she even think that it's ok to just pick one son and bring him along to Hokkaido, especially without even asking what her two children have to say on the subject.

With parents like these, it's honestly a miracle that Hikari survived to his teens.
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Jan 24, 2019 6:52 PM

Aug 2011
shiro_kai said:

I hope not, she stayed faithful and dedicated her life for more than 20 years to him. She don't deserve to look to the face of a cheater for the rest of it. The dad was selfish and deserve to pay for it.

I doubt he really cheated. It's most likely that girl he supposedly cheated on is his work partner and they spent time together doing the commercial we saw. This series you can say is effectively over if the move actual happens and Tsutsun goes away.

This by @nerdokingoftrash is more likely the correct analysis of the situation.

nerdokingoftrash said:
Calling it now: if I have learnt *anything* about forced drama, Hikari's dad didn't even have an actual affair with the other girl, he was just happy to feel desired for once so he indulged her by taking her out a few times or something. He's only going along with this stupid divorce because he's even weaker than our lovely main character and couldn't even imagine contradicting "the wife".
Jan 24, 2019 7:46 PM

Sep 2015
hayka said:
shiro_kai said:

I doubt he really cheated. It's most likely that girl he supposedly cheated on is his work partner and they spent time together doing the commercial we saw. This series you can say is effectively over if the move actual happens and Tsutsun goes away.

This by @nerdokingoftrash is more likely the correct analysis of the situation.

nerdokingoftrash said:

I don't know if its the subs, but in the translations I watched he already confirmed the accusations. He shows no emotions and don't even talk back cause he is probably just too pathetic. But, yeah, they probably gonna get back together because its more comfortable.
Jan 25, 2019 4:45 PM

Dec 2014
well that escalated quickly...to think I thought there was some misunderstanding or something
Jan 26, 2019 2:32 PM
Mar 2012
Props to the show tackling divorce which is pretty rare in anime.
Lol Tsutsun trying to keeping everyone calm together but it just blows up. The comedy was good, tho some folks don't like the tone mixing.
Am surprised after 20 years, his parents just straight go to divorce, no long discussion, no back and forth thinking thru, no thought over how it affects their kids, simply assigning which kid goes to which side. It makes both seem like incompetent parents tho it's probably not true.

Feb 15, 2019 10:01 AM

Jul 2009
Can't believe the dad was really cheating...
Feb 23, 2019 11:13 PM

Aug 2017
Why a divorce is treated as a joke?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 28, 2019 8:24 PM
Apr 2016
A divorce...family problems are so scary, this episode was hard. The little brother is a selfish brat, doesn't understand a thing about neither himself nor Tsutsui.
Mar 30, 2019 1:15 AM

Jan 2011
Divorce has been used as a comic device before in shoujo manga/anime (cue Marmalade Boy as a good example), and I thought it was well handled here.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 5, 2019 1:59 AM

Aug 2017
Nice ep, considerably better than season 1.
Mar 12, 2020 12:13 AM

May 2017
How this anime will end to me : they will take a house together , thats what i though when anime started and she said it was only for a year (or 6month)

Everytime MC open his mouth , it only make things worse

Last scene , main heroine should have said something like "tsutsui no baka !" With that deadfish eyes XD
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 16, 2020 12:58 PM

Nov 2017
idk if I was suppose to be shocked or sad when mom said he was indeed having an affair but that was funny asf

plz @ me
Mar 23, 2021 6:02 AM

Jan 2020
LMAO, seems divorce is just another ordinary event in 3D Kanojo Real Girl, huh?

Not sure whether this is the animator's fault but Tsutsui's mother tears seems like a crocodile tear.
Jan 11, 7:49 AM

Jun 2017
Things took a wild turn ...It looks shocking at first but we are viewing from the eyes of Tsutsui ,a socially inept kiddo .
May 18, 5:34 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Lots of folks in 2019 didn’t like this episode, I enjoyed it quite a bit myself tho. Yeah divorce is a touchy subject, I feel really bad for Tsutsui and his brother here, but I liked the touches of comedy on it, it made it easier to watch, and Tsutsui giving his dad shit was funny lol.

Hoping in the next episode things somehow work out but maybe it’ll be revealed Igarashi is also moving there or something, we shall see, I’m ready for anything lol.
May 22, 6:22 AM
Mar 2024
so much happened, plots are really good. author is cooking rn
Jul 12, 9:41 AM
Sep 2017
Divorce in real world is a truly traumatic experience, with the kids getting emotionally scarred or even afraid of being in relationship or even trusting each person, but here?

I'm sorry MC, your dad is actually more frustrating than you. Ain't no way you being married for twenty years, yet still indulging inside your own self-depreciating and negativism even when it affect your family.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2019

55 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 15, 5:02 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2019

46 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 15, 5:00 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2019

35 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 12, 9:39 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

159 by TheColonel76 »»
May 27, 7:03 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2019

60 by TheColonel76 »»
May 24, 1:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.