Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 6, 2019 6:33 PM

Dec 2010
So, I'm about 7 minutes in and pretty much the only things I have learned about anything or any character in the show are: One guy who has douchey mannerisms doesn't want a kid to hold hands with anyone. They're all obsessed with elevator music.

I don't mind a slow paced story but that's literally 7 minutes of elevator music padding and only 20 seconds of story. I'm starting to find myself more entertained by the horrible background CGI people than the actual dialogue. The blue haired girl would be cute or pretty if the animation were better. SO many inconsistencies with the animation choices and it's weird. I'm 17 minutes in and super confused. Like, what is happening with this music? Like, even if they're not gonna focus much on making good and consistent animation or like making an interesting story, they should at least be bringing us good music considering it's the main focus of the show. Or like, maybe it's half of the main focus. But still. Like, I did not like Guilty Crown at all but at least they delivered with some songs. This show is so fucking weirdddddd! It's elevator music the whole time and there's this scene where this guy is DJ'ing live and magically and it's just the same elevator music that's been playing the whole time and it's so weird. Like, did they actually have some decent music but have some sort of dispute with the musician before release and have to quickly go back and replace it with royalty free music?
Jan 6, 2019 7:25 PM
Dec 2018
اعجبني هذا الانمي قد يكون التحريك سئ بس اضن هناك من يعجبه هته الانميات مثلي
Jan 6, 2019 8:14 PM
Mar 2017
Ok, I'm so confused. I didn't even watch Handshakers nor know anything about it. But darn. I was tricked. I came here for the music but I got something else instead. Will stick around for a while and see if it'd get better.
Jan 6, 2019 10:55 PM

Feb 2018
I want my ship back!!
Tazuna and Koyori!!

But nevertheless, it was a nice start.
~10631498
Jan 7, 2019 12:31 AM
Sep 2017
Looks intresting but its reverse harem so that suck

Jan 7, 2019 1:44 AM

Jan 2017
what is so appealing about this show that I am seeing a 10 rating review on its MAL page?
Jan 7, 2019 2:34 AM
Jan 2019
Okay seeing some of the replies here i'm actually surprised what kinds of poor production and story is getting a pass by a lot of people here.

first of all, this is a seperate anime. stop defending it just because you liked K.
K is the only anime i would consider acceptable that was created by GoHands, and its not as great as some make it out to be, treat this seperately.
Take of the fanboy goggles and see this anime, and hand shakers for what they are.

Just the first episode shows the anime isn't slow paced, it's poorly written.
A first episode has two purposes, build up the world and introducing characters, W'z already failed in both aspects. The only things we know is the main character is an awful DJ with a lack of really any personality, while the side characters are all very shallow and one sided. This is his tsundere childhood friend, this is the "groovy" guy, this is the dude who does whatever he wants, etc.
Characters aren't introduced well, and those who are introduced at all are extremely boring. The first episode also fails to build up the world W'z takes place in. Its okay to keep a beginning simple, but you have to remember, this is trying to get us into the anime. There are only 13 episodes planned, there isn't a lot of time to tell us a story, so every bit counts.

I didnt make it through all of hand shakers as the anime was awful in its own regard, however, this is not a direct sequel as it tries to seperate itself from hand shakers but apparently still takes place in the same world 10 years later?
W'z fails to fill the information gap of Hand shakers, this is not a direct sequel, its supposed to stand on its own feet which it is not doing well. "just watch hand shakers" isnt a valid argument here, thats an excuse for bad writing.
A good sequel shouldn't require any prior knowledge, but give the viewer the most crucial information, or stand on its own by having its seperate storyline.

Lets go over the animation once again, it fails at the core concepts of animation.
Animation at it's best conveys not only motion, it makes a character feel alive, it can portray personality, etc. The animation in W'z is just like in Hand shakers, stiff, lacks any sort of personality or style, the key poses of the animation are poorly chosen if they exist at all, etc. The only part that i would consider acceptable from an animation standpoint was the short fight scene we saw, as that had decent keyposes, looked fluent and not extremely unnatural.
Another BIG mistake W'z does in animation is having things be animated at different framerates, there is a reason you really dont do that, it looks weird and makes the wrong things stand out. The background characters such as people walking around in the city etc. are 3D and i understand why they are doing that, 3D is much easier to animate, i dont like this 2D and 3D mix as i think its a break of artstyle which is one of the worst things you can in art if they dont "mesh together" as hand shakers likes to call things like that.
However, i could let that slide, but they couldnt even get simple 3D animation right.
Not only does the 3D animation look extremely basic (which would be fine in the way W'z uses them), it runs at a different framerate than the 2D animation making it stand out, you know what the issue here is? IT'S SUPPOSED TO FILL THE BACKGROUND, NOT DRAW ATTENTION TO ITSELF.
That isn't the only issue with the 3D animation.
There are several more errors done in the animation just in the first episode, but these are the issues that are the easiest to explain and the very obnoxious ones.

Now lets get to the last part, the music.
The music is the one thing this anime gets a pass on from me.
Its not good by any means, hell no.
It's very basic in structure, lacks detail and gets repetitive VERY quickly.
It was one episode i watched with 3 different people, and even though we had different opinions on the music itself, we all agreed that one song was heavily overused.
The repetitive nature of the songs is a very subjective thing though, some people may like it, i really dont.

Dont get me wrong, you can still enjoy the anime, its great if you do!
However, dont turn a blind eye on issues. to truely appreciate someones work, you also have to look at the flaws the piece has and this one as a lot of them.
If you can look past them : cool! but dont just ignore they exist.
SoulBlade1305Jan 7, 2019 7:01 AM
Jan 7, 2019 5:18 AM

Apr 2011
Who the fuck keeps funding these Handshakers sequels?
Jan 7, 2019 7:20 PM
Apr 2016
MozillaFennekin said:
Hand Shakers 2 is real.

What a time to be alive.

Oh geez, it's you. I was gonna say, "What is wrong with you?" But I know the answer to that question sadly.
Jan 7, 2019 7:36 PM

Jun 2015
youfreakinnerd said:
MozillaFennekin said:
Hand Shakers 2 is real.

What a time to be alive.

Oh geez, it's you. I was gonna say, "What is wrong with you?" But I know the answer to that question sadly.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jan 7, 2019 7:57 PM

Aug 2018
So basically what I got from it is that the main 2 from Hand Shakers and the girl's sister and her partner both got to meet God. Also now there's a way for a hand shaker to connect with non-hand shakers and bring them into the other world?

Jan 8, 2019 11:50 AM
Apr 2016
I mean, you had K project. It was and still is amazing! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??
Re:formed
Jan 8, 2019 6:01 PM

Oct 2008
oh god no this again!? this is like Handshakers 10 years after!...oh yea right sequel...
2/5.

Jan 9, 2019 12:41 AM

Feb 2018
Hand shaker has spinned off xD
Jan 9, 2019 1:32 AM
Aug 2011
MozillaFennekin said:
Hand Shakers 2 is real.

What a time to be alive.

Not gonna lie, I was genuinely excited when I found out this was Hand Shakers 2 because it meant you'd probably write a review of it. The ones you did of Big Order and Hand Shakers are modern classics.
Jan 9, 2019 1:33 AM

Jun 2015
Omni-Bot said:
MozillaFennekin said:
Hand Shakers 2 is real.

What a time to be alive.

Not gonna lie, I was genuinely excited when I found out this was Hand Shakers 2 because it meant you'd probably write a review of it. The ones you did of Big Order and Hand Shakers are modern classics.
probably won't write something this time around but i'm gonna be doing videos instead with varying degrees of memeshit
Jan 9, 2019 4:03 AM
Nov 2018
This is more beautiful than i expected, the main characters are interesting and the animation's good.
Jan 9, 2019 2:19 PM
Apr 2016
LiedElfen said:
This is more beautiful than i expected, the main characters are interesting and the animation's good.

Whole caste of genius Art creators - moves to another planet
Re:formed
Jan 10, 2019 7:52 PM
Oct 2017
love reading all the complaints veiled as low grade "criticisms."

the only reason people think the CGI is bad is because it's composited atypically. most other studios would cel shade the weapons and maybe switch to 3D CGI models, but the weapons are not cel shaded. this allows for the CGI to run at a smooth framerate instead of the industry standard chopped down 6-8fps CG that attempts to imitate traditional animation on 1s and 2s. also not once in hand shakers are CG models substituted in the battle scenes, in fact the only time humans are animated with CG is during a quick bird's eye establishing shot.

the gradient of the filter also switches orientation based on the composition of the shot, and the filter is removed for certain scenes, so it's not like angolmois where they just slapped on a filter for the whole show just to give it a "look."

every choice here is on purpose, if you don't like the maximal gohands style, it's not because it's bad, it's because you just don't like it.
Jan 11, 2019 7:28 AM
Jan 2019
bitchassdarius said:

the only reason people think the CGI is bad is because it's composited atypically. most other studios would cel shade the weapons and maybe switch to 3D CGI models, but the weapons are not cel shaded. this allows for the CGI to run at a smooth framerate instead of the industry standard chopped down 6-8fps CG that attempts to imitate traditional animation on 1s and 2s. also not once in hand shakers are CG models substituted in the battle scenes, in fact the only time humans are animated with CG is during a quick bird's eye establishing shot.

the gradient of the filter also switches orientation based on the composition of the shot, and the filter is removed for certain scenes, so it's not like angolmois where they just slapped on a filter for the whole show just to give it a "look."

every choice here is on purpose, if you don't like the maximal gohands style, it's not because it's bad, it's because you just don't like it.

Alright first of all by CGI i assume you mean all 3D rendered and animated models.

So, to your comment : you take the weapons and battle scenes as the examples here, the thing is, these are literally the one part that are decently done in the Anime so far, they are not the big issue.
Also your comment about the lack of cel shading giving the scene a smooth framerate is bullshit, that is not how shading works, but i'm not saying it would help the looks of the anime either.

No, the bird eye shot is not the only one that uses as you say "CG" or just 3D models and animation. Its used throughout several parts of the anime in a poor way. Background characters like people walking around the streets and buildings are often 3D, while all somewhat relevant characters are drawn in classic 2D animation.
This could be fine, but they not only conflict in artstyle and color palette, they also conflict in framerate. Civilians in the background that are 3D move at a higher framerate than the 2D characters, making them stand out which they shouldn't as their only purpose is to fill out the scene and make places not feel empty.

The color filter is the only thing of your comment i can actually excuse as being part of an artstyle, the rest is just poor animation. If you want more detailed critique about the animation feel free to read my comments above.
If you still think the visual errors are part of an artstyle, i'll gladly explain to you what is wrong in the animation as there are more than enough points to talk about and i just talked about the biggest issues.

You can like an anime for whatever reason no matter how many flaws it has, but stop ignoring or excusing them. It's part of having an honest opinion about something.
Jan 11, 2019 10:03 AM
Oct 2017
SoulBlade1305 said:
bitchassdarius said:

Alright first of all by CGI i assume you mean all 3D rendered and animated models.

So, to your comment : you take the weapons and battle scenes as the examples here, the thing is, these are literally the one part that are decently done in the Anime so far, they are not the big issue.
Also your comment about the lack of cel shading giving the scene a smooth framerate is bullshit, that is not how shading works, but i'm not saying it would help the looks of the anime either.

No, the bird eye shot is not the only one that uses as you say "CG" or just 3D models and animation. Its used throughout several parts of the anime in a poor way. Background characters like people walking around the streets and buildings are often 3D, while all somewhat relevant characters are drawn in classic 2D animation.
This could be fine, but they not only conflict in artstyle and color palette, they also conflict in framerate. Civilians in the background that are 3D move at a higher framerate than the 2D characters, making them stand out which they shouldn't as their only purpose is to fill out the scene and make places not feel empty.

The color filter is the only thing of your comment i can actually excuse as being part of an artstyle, the rest is just poor animation. If you want more detailed critique about the animation feel free to read my comments above.
If you still think the visual errors are part of an artstyle, i'll gladly explain to you what is wrong in the animation as there are more than enough points to talk about and i just talked about the biggest issues.

You can like an anime for whatever reason no matter how many flaws it has, but stop ignoring or excusing them. It's part of having an honest opinion about something.

when animators cel shade 3D, they do that to make it blend 2D animation. it's a stylistic choice that's almost always coupled with the decision to reduce the frame rate to replicate traditional animation. that's why every CGI anime looks choppy. it's deliberate, and they could in fact run it at higher fps. this is information that everyone already knows, why don't you lol

substituting in 3D CG models for background isn't relevant. an actual show for comparison is Goblin Slayer, which haphazardly switched between Goblin Slayer's 3D model and his 2D one in shots and scenes that actually focused on him.

everything done in the background is done on purpose, whether you acknowledge it or not. the clouds also move at a higher fps, because everything in the background is separate from the foreground, that's a deliberate choice as has already been established. additionally, every modern anime does this, from hataraku saibou, to goblin slayer, to overlord, to bunny rascal. if you have that much of a problem with this, that just means you haven't watched any anime from the past 5 years, i.e. you're talking out of your ass. this whole point is moot, it reads like padding to a really bad fox news article

if that's all your "argument" pathetically addresses, then i just repeated myself because all of this is implicit in my initial post which was written in good faith that anyone reading it wasn't a baby that needed everything explained. you only agree about the colour filter because that's the only point i explained lmao

edit: yeah i just read your previous "critiques" and i can confirm you do not know what you're talking about lol
bitchassdariusJan 11, 2019 10:19 AM
Jan 11, 2019 11:32 AM
Jan 2019
bitchassdarius said:
SoulBlade1305 said:

when animators cel shade 3D, they do that to make it blend 2D animation. it's a stylistic choice that's almost always coupled with the decision to reduce the frame rate to replicate traditional animation. that's why every CGI anime looks choppy. it's deliberate, and they could in fact run it at higher fps. this is information that everyone already knows, why don't you lol

substituting in 3D CG models for background isn't relevant. an actual show for comparison is Goblin Slayer, which haphazardly switched between Goblin Slayer's 3D model and his 2D one in shots and scenes that actually focused on him.

everything done in the background is done on purpose, whether you acknowledge it or not. the clouds also move at a higher fps, because everything in the background is separate from the foreground, that's a deliberate choice as has already been established. additionally, every modern anime does this, from hataraku saibou, to goblin slayer, to overlord, to bunny rascal. if you have that much of a problem with this, that just means you haven't watched any anime from the past 5 years, i.e. you're talking out of your ass. this whole point is moot, it reads like padding to a really bad fox news article

if that's all your "argument" pathetically addresses, then i just repeated myself because all of this is implicit in my initial post which was written in good faith that anyone reading it wasn't a baby that needed everything explained. you only agree about the colour filter because that's the only point i explained lmao

edit: yeah i just read your previous "critiques" and i can confirm you do not know what you're talking about lol

Alright cool seems pretty valid when instead of explaining why my points are wrong you just say, "you have no idea what you're talking about" seems like you are absolutely down to discuss the issues of this anime but no, everything is an artistic choice to you and i am just an idiot. Cool no further reason to discuss as you're not open to it in the first place and went in with out any respectful argumentation. You go lad.
Jan 11, 2019 11:46 AM
Oct 2017
SoulBlade1305 said:
bitchassdarius said:

Alright cool seems pretty valid when instead of explaining why my points are wrong you just say, "you have no idea what you're talking about" seems like you are absolutely down to discuss the issues of this anime but no, everything is an artistic choice to you and i am just an idiot. Cool no further reason to discuss as you're not open to it in the first place and went in with out any respectful argumentation. You go lad.

except my whole reply was me further explaining everything i meant since you like talking out of your ass. all i see in your response is you backing out and refusing to address anything i actually wrote like the big giant baby you are. or maybe you're just illiterate, which doesn't seem implausible given how full of nothing your response is.

if your next post is just going to be a reply about how i called you an illiterate child, don't bother posting.
Jan 11, 2019 12:13 PM

Aug 2016
I liked the music, and imo, it's actually quite nice to look at.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 11, 2019 7:07 PM
Apr 2017
This sequel is PRETTY LIT AND the story is Interesting 😍
I'm so In lOve with the story
Jan 11, 2019 9:37 PM
Jan 2018
I am geuinely confused as to whether I like this show or not? I can tell that its quality is not the greatest. Maybe it’s because I don’t understand what’s going on or what the main plot is but I think I will give the next episode a try or at least see what handshakers is about first?
Jan 12, 2019 12:14 PM
Jan 2019
That Fumiyuki Neilsen is the guy that was at the end of the 1. Season we got a short look at him just before the ending rolled out.
Jan 29, 2019 8:14 PM

Jan 2011
What's the point of Handshakers 2 if we don't get more of big sister wanting to fuck her little brother? They better pony up.
Feb 2, 2019 3:50 PM
Jul 2018
wow that absolutely mindblown me. GoHand never did improve even after that awful handshaker in terms of the character design which looks absolutely awful. That Plot and script still garbage as expected from the same new scripter of handshaker. At least music is chill listen through and makes it quite treat to watch.

And whats up with the background, why clouds moving so fast!?

Character wise I really hated the heroine of the show as of so far. She is as bad as the show!
Oct 8, 2019 6:59 AM

Jun 2011
the theme song is dopeee, there's a dope jazzy feel to it (the remix ver. on youtube, looked it up right after this episode lol), making it easy to bump to when you're just chillax
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 28, 2020 9:36 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As the Handshaker sequel i kinda expect low hope on this show. Hell, look at that same art and animation they had. Then the battle first touch was indeed a maginificent same approaching like Handshaker did. Even the story telling direction of it felt missed and almost make me fall asleep. Lmao. Whatever. Let just continued to watch, then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 1, 2023 4:56 AM
Jan 2021
too much goin on. bruh
Aug 2, 2023 2:44 AM

Dec 2022
No plot at all so far. People are listening to the main character play music, that's all I've got. The original series was a bit more ambitious than this.

At least it improved visually. The first episode this time round doesn't mess with my eyes as much.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » W'z Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

16 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

15 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:48 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2019

15 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 10:15 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2019

8 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:41 AM

Poll: » W'z Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

14 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 2, 2023 7:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.