Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2018 9:18 AM

Dec 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
at first there was sort of sword art online feel... now it gives vibes of anohana…hmmm let’s see how it all goes
Nov 15, 2018 8:09 AM

May 2012
Really lovely episode I must say, quite loving the pacing and general development! Even if it feels a bit generic, it's doing a good job with the episodic pacing.
Dec 23, 2018 6:48 AM

Aug 2017
The fanservice scene was completely unnecessary. Maybe ghost girl actually alive and in a coma. I don't know. The whole show is confusing. Also, Asahi can transmit her 'sense' to her friends? bs.

Satsuki changed her mind pretty quickly about Asahi being dead. Now, she said to her that she's alive

lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 19, 2020 8:59 PM
Jan 2017
Im on the fence abiout this anime.
I mean the concept is interesting of a dead friend "haunting" an old game 6 years later.
But my god the charcters seem awful to me. So far the 4 MCs we got are:
-Dead girl who keeps saying shes not dead (which I understand could be hard to accept but I mean coooome on theres a limit to how ignorant she can be)
-Guy obseessed w/ dea girl whooos still mad at his friend cuae OOOH U KIILLLLLED HER by doing just what he did NOTHING I didnt see glasses trying to shield the dead girl
-Live girl who is SUPPOSED to be the main chars friend but some how makes it all about her for NO reason 'OOOOH I WNAT U TO LOVE MEEEE and I'm gonna do it by saying absolutely nothing while yoiu girev for 6 years not even attempting to cheer u up in that time"
-annnnd BORING MC who actually makes sense w/ trying to convince his GF shes dead. trying to help her as best he could and trying to even face his past by the help of his stupid irl girl friend. and yet he just undid ALLLLLL of that by saying "you are alive now"

And alll I can thin k is W T FFFFFFFFF!?! she neeeeds to realize she dead, and he NEEEEDS to move on. saying "you are alive" t me just makes it seem like he gonna live w/ the fantasy that shes alive now and may even try to "pick up where they left off"
This anime has suuuuch a good idea but the characters are bogging it down in a ythiiick fog of stupidity
May 24, 2020 6:47 PM
Mar 2016
nidoqueen106 said:
Im on the fence abiout this anime.
I mean the concept is interesting of a dead friend "haunting" an old game 6 years later.
But my god the charcters seem awful to me. So far the 4 MCs we got are:
-Dead girl who keeps saying shes not dead (which I understand could be hard to accept but I mean coooome on theres a limit to how ignorant she can be)
-Guy obseessed w/ dea girl whooos still mad at his friend cuae OOOH U KIILLLLLED HER by doing just what he did NOTHING I didnt see glasses trying to shield the dead girl
-Live girl who is SUPPOSED to be the main chars friend but some how makes it all about her for NO reason 'OOOOH I WNAT U TO LOVE MEEEE and I'm gonna do it by saying absolutely nothing while yoiu girev for 6 years not even attempting to cheer u up in that time"
-annnnd BORING MC who actually makes sense w/ trying to convince his GF shes dead. trying to help her as best he could and trying to even face his past by the help of his stupid irl girl friend. and yet he just undid ALLLLLL of that by saying "you are alive now"

And alll I can thin k is W T FFFFFFFFF!?! she neeeeds to realize she dead, and he NEEEEDS to move on. saying "you are alive" t me just makes it seem like he gonna live w/ the fantasy that shes alive now and may even try to "pick up where they left off"
This anime has suuuuch a good idea but the characters are bogging it down in a ythiiick fog of stupidity

This. I just want to watch .Hack//Sign & play the original tetralogy again.
Aug 1, 2020 2:47 PM

Jan 2010
I'm fascinated with Satsuki yelling at the ghost of a grade school childhood friend. I get Satsuki is frustrated and angry, but what's Asahi supposed to do? Go back in time and not die, swear off Haruto, or what? Also, I'm pretty sure Haruto was just grave digging with his bare hands. I mean, I'm sure he had his reasons, but it's still something that gives me pause. He didn't even cover the hole back before walking away. Like, wow.

As a side, levels and equipment exist in Re-Union, right? I have no idea how some of the players in-game got so insanely powerful so quickly right after the game's release.

Lastly, and once again, I'm surprised the game doesn't have an R-18 filter. That's really intense for an MMORPG. It might just be Barbie anatomy or visual mosaics or something, but I'm not sure how much leeway Seven Senses should be given for assuming its own in-universe logistics.

Overall, I think my impression of this episode was Satsuki is losing romantically to a grade schooler.
Jun 17, 7:33 AM

Jun 2022
kodomo here , kodomo there ... am tired ... bye bye seven!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2018

25 by Punkero »»
Apr 17, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Anderson_22 »»
Jun 28, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2018

53 by RioAl »»
Mar 9, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2018

91 by tony328 »»
Nov 14, 2022 1:08 AM

Poll: » Shichisei no Subaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

9 by frederico666 »»
Aug 12, 2022 1:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.