Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2018 5:22 AM
Sep 2017
It's happening. They released a new PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb94vH0VAek

There's also a huge 2 in their website (albeit it's offline right now due to too much traffic - the hype is all over the place): https://kemono-friends.jp/
Sep 2, 2018 7:49 AM
Jan 2013
""""""""""hype""""""""""
gone bai bai
Sep 2, 2018 8:24 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Lol, hype. i see someone didnt see the negative reception and the like/dislike ratio on the video.
Sep 2, 2018 10:32 AM
Sep 2017
There is still quite the following, even if a minority when compared to the dislike ratio. Regardless, it's too early to speak of reception for KF2, given all that came out was thirty seconds of Caracal going around.

If anything, for anyone willing to look past the Kadokawa vs Yaoyorozu issue, it's something to look for. Mine Yoshizaki, the creator of the franchise, is still involved, and so are many of the voice actresses that made the experience great.

KF1 started similarly, getting a somewhat painful start with general disapproval. Perhaps KF2 will proceed to be a pleasant surprise, too. A dislike-bomb is not going to stop it, since it still has the following it needs.
Sep 2, 2018 4:20 PM
Sep 2018
Some people just don't realize how big of a deal Yayozuro was for the kemono friends IP, they just have to take a look at its pre season one state, KF was literally dead and no other studio could have done what they did in 2017, Tatsuki's narrative was flawless just like Eisaku Inoue stated a year ago in an interview, i just feel bad for the people actually expecting something good coming out of season two, just like what happened with Metal Gear Survive, there were people expecting an actual good game (i was one of them).
Sep 2, 2018 4:27 PM

May 2014
Ahh i have conflicting feelings about this.
Sep 2, 2018 4:45 PM
Sep 2017
Deloya said:
Some people just don't realize how big of a deal Yayozuro was for the kemono friends IP, they just have to take a look at its pre season one state, KF was literally dead and no other studio could have done what they did in 2017, Tatsuki's narrative was flawless just like Eisaku Inoue stated a year ago in an interview, i just feel bad for the people actually expecting something good coming out of season two, just like what happened with Metal Gear Survive, there were people expecting an actual good game (i was one of them).

If you've read the manga or followed the storyline from the original Nexon Game, you'd see what the story looks like without Yaoyorozu. Certainly, the presentation suffers a bit, but it remains interesting and the generally wholesome behavior of the series remains.

And that is completely ignoring the presence that Yoshizaki had (and still has) in the production. He's responsible for the vast majority of the Friends' designs and personalities, with the only notable exceptions being Kaban and the Lucky Beast.
Sep 2, 2018 6:40 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
This whole thing is a shit show. First no Tatsuki, and now they're getting rid of the voice actors. Kemono Friends came from nothing, and it was thanks to the hard work and creativity of the cast and crew that made it into the success it was.

This is catastrophic news to any fan who hoped this new season would even remotely resemble the original season.

The reason they're holding open auditions to anyone who walks in from the street is because they know that any VA in the business won't come within a mile within this project lest they ruin their reputation.

What a nightmare.
Sep 2, 2018 7:50 PM
Sep 2017
Todd_ said:
This whole thing is a shit show. First no Tatsuki, and now they're getting rid of the voice actors. Kemono Friends came from nothing, and it was thanks to the hard work and creativity of the cast and crew that made it into the success it was.

This is catastrophic news to any fan who hoped this new season would even remotely resemble the original season.

The reason they're holding open auditions to anyone who walks in from the street is because they know that any VA in the business won't come within a mile within this project lest they ruin their reputation.

What a nightmare.

Where did you get the idea that the VAs are going to be replaced? The audition is for VAs for new characters; I'm assuming for Caracal and/or other minor characters (such as the episodic appearances from KF1). There is plenty of evidence pointing towards the VAs being kept.

The stream that revealed the PV was a PPP live concert with the five penguins' voice actresses, and PV was announced by Yuka Ozaki (Serval), Ono Saki (Raccoon) and Kana Motomiya (Fennec) - they're still involved in the project and have shown signs that they'll remain involved in KF2. At this point, it is EXTREMELY unlikely that they don't participate, given these VAs are still passionate about the project (there's a new CD coming out and a Stage Play that they're all a part of in the near future).

The only major character/voice actress that isn't basically soft-confirmed to be present is Kaban/Aya Uchida, but given it has only been 18 hours since the announcement with the PV, it is way too early to believe she'll just be sacked.
Sep 3, 2018 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
To be fair this PV while it isn't bad on its own, its just not the same for some reason.

The spark is just lost as a whole, and while I understand that the staff isnt at fault, more so fault of Kadokawa's end... regardless this is just underwhelming.
Sep 3, 2018 4:41 PM
Sep 2017
Wasshio said:
To be fair this PV while it isn't bad on its own, its just not the same for some reason.

The spark is just lost as a whole, and while I understand that the staff isnt at fault, more so fault of Kadokawa's end... regardless this is just underwhelming.

It is pretty simplistic (kind of as expected from a PV, honestly) with the only noteworthy details being the drastic improvement in animation (note how the ears actually look like fluff, lol) and the appearance of a major character from the pre-anime works (Caracal).

Though, honestly, I'd dare say most of the "lacking charm" is due to a sense of nostalgia, combined with (understandably) general discontent towards KDKW. Hopefully, between now and 2019, we'll get to see more and get a better view of what S2 has to hold, and it might catch more attention. Who knows, it's KF after all - an ip that is always expected to fail and works out.
Sep 3, 2018 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
SoldusJK said:
Wasshio said:

It is pretty simplistic (kind of as expected from a PV, honestly) with the only noteworthy details being the drastic improvement in animation (note how the ears actually look like fluff, lol) and the appearance of a major character from the pre-anime works (Caracal).

Though, honestly, I'd dare say most of the "lacking charm" is due to a sense of nostalgia, combined with (understandably) general discontent towards KDKW. Hopefully, between now and 2019, we'll get to see more and get a better view of what S2 has to hold, and it might catch more attention. Who knows, it's KF after all - an ip that is always expected to fail and works out.

I mean who knows, but while it is the sense of nostalgia, the thing is is that... there's a reason why Kemono Friends was charming before. It had something going for... I don't really know what they'll go from there. Not to mention I have a distaste for what Kadokawa as a committee did in terms of actions which isn't pleasant at all.

Especially when they were censoring people on twitter as well who had their voices etc heard. Ya know?
Sep 4, 2018 3:17 AM
Sep 2017
Wasshio said:
SoldusJK said:

I mean who knows, but while it is the sense of nostalgia, the thing is is that... there's a reason why Kemono Friends was charming before. It had something going for... I don't really know what they'll go from there. Not to mention I have a distaste for what Kadokawa as a committee did in terms of actions which isn't pleasant at all.

Especially when they were censoring people on twitter as well who had their voices etc heard. Ya know?

Understandable, and agreed, honestly. I still am somewhat sour about Tatsuki's firing. But if anything, I've learned that I should dislike Kadokawa, not Kemono Friends - the IP still finds a way to please me with new content, so I'm not too particularly pessimistic of what the future holds.

Regarding censoring, though, it looks like they've been changing to "let it be" on this one. Their YouTube video is getting downvoted and commented into oblivion, yet they didn't hide either, and they didn't stop the Twitter rage either. I'm taking a blind guess that they are confident that they can make something that pleases at least part of the old public, as a gambit.
Sep 5, 2018 12:47 PM

Mar 2013
I may have gone full autismo because I feel so bad for Caracal
Sep 18, 2018 6:24 PM
Sep 2017
S-Word said:
SoldusJK said:
drastic improvement in animation

It's not improved animation. Instead of improving the animation, they purposely tried to imitate the cheap animation style of the guy they fired because they know that's the only chance they have of keeping the fans. Instead it backfired and pissed people off even more.

The animation is still garbage, but without any of the charm and soul of season 1.

I'm not sure what exactly you define as "charm and soul", specially given it was a quick 30 second PV.

The animation has very clearly improved and is definetely not garbage; unless you inherently dislike it because CG = bad, there's nothing wrong with it. The movement is considerably smoother, more body parts move at the same time, the ears actually seem to be made of fluff rather than being a weird tiara - and that's what you could gather from the very short screentime it currently had.

I don't see how it is in any way remotely similar to Tatsuki's animation other than the 3D CG, but Tatsuki's KF1 was hardly the first to do that. I'm not sure why exactly they kept using CG over normal 2D drawing, but it isn't particularly bad in any way.
Sep 19, 2018 5:19 AM
Sep 2017
Not quite. 3D CG has a lot less of a negative weight in Japan. Even here the whole CG equals bad is quickly falling apart. In the anime industry there was a recent release (can't recall the name, protagonist is a crystal-like green girl) that worked CG out pretty well. And in western media we've had the works of Disney.

Not to mention that the whole Tatsuki thing is pretty widespread. I find it hard to believe that more than some 10% of Season 1's fans would not know about the conflict.

With that said, they are keeping the CG because at this point the fanbase is/should be numbed to it, all the while serving as a throwback. Whether this will work on the long run, I don't know, but I like what I see thus far. They just released a picture of the Serval model and she looks very faithful and rather pretty. Someone even commented "no more banana hair Serval".

On a personal level, I would likely prefer 2D drawn art, but the models are solid and their body animation is not bad. The one thing that stands out thus far are the ears not being rock-hard pillars.
Sep 26, 2018 2:41 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
New key visual. They're managing to make season 2 look even worst.

Oct 29, 2018 9:38 PM
Jul 2018
SoldusJK said:
S-Word said:

It's not improved animation. Instead of improving the animation, they purposely tried to imitate the cheap animation style of the guy they fired because they know that's the only chance they have of keeping the fans. Instead it backfired and pissed people off even more.

The animation is still garbage, but without any of the charm and soul of season 1.

I'm not sure what exactly you define as "charm and soul", specially given it was a quick 30 second PV.

The animation has very clearly improved and is definetely not garbage; unless you inherently dislike it because CG = bad, there's nothing wrong with it. The movement is considerably smoother, more body parts move at the same time, the ears actually seem to be made of fluff rather than being a weird tiara - and that's what you could gather from the very short screentime it currently had.

I don't see how it is in any way remotely similar to Tatsuki's animation other than the 3D CG, but Tatsuki's KF1 was hardly the first to do that. I'm not sure why exactly they kept using CG over normal 2D drawing, but it isn't particularly bad in any way.

Well while one still looks better on its own right it's safe to say that the charm and soul is gone in the sense of how awkward and out of place the show looked. Which when taking into perspective considering the setting... it's surreal to be honest.

The art looks better, but in comparison it tried to capture the original by how it completely looks which the appeal was how awkward yet quirky it was. Not to mention that well... the main protagonist got scrapped entirely (due to obvious reasons). Kanban's story is incompleted, and thus rendered disappointing. It can be seen in some cases as a massive retcon.
Oct 30, 2018 3:19 PM
Sep 2017
Wasshio said:
the main protagonist got scrapped entirely (due to obvious reasons).

Sorry - what obvious reasons?

It's by no means a retcon. First off, because we don't know if Kaban is entirely uninvolved (she might show up, albeit likely not as the main character); second, because if she doesn't show up, that doesn't automatically make it a retcon - the synopsis text makes it looks like the Serval and Caracal duo we'll meet up next might not be composed by the same Serval we saw in the first season; the franchise has had many different Servals at this point, so that wouldn't be a big shocker.

Besides, this time they've been clear that we're talking about a human, and didn't leave it to be revealed some six episodes within the series - whatever route they are taking, it looks like it'll be a pretty different one, at least in handling the main characters.
Oct 31, 2018 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
SoldusJK said:
Wasshio said:
the main protagonist got scrapped entirely (due to obvious reasons).

Sorry - what obvious reasons?

It's by no means a retcon. First off, because we don't know if Kaban is entirely uninvolved (she might show up, albeit likely not as the main character); second, because if she doesn't show up, that doesn't automatically make it a retcon - the synopsis text makes it looks like the Serval and Caracal duo we'll meet up next might not be composed by the same Serval we saw in the first season; the franchise has had many different Servals at this point, so that wouldn't be a big shocker.

Besides, this time they've been clear that we're talking about a human, and didn't leave it to be revealed some six episodes within the series - whatever route they are taking, it looks like it'll be a pretty different one, at least in handling the main characters.

Well the most obvious thing when it comes to Kaban is just that she was written originally by Tatsuki, from what I got at least. Apparently Kadokawa aren't allowed to use that character because of that. Whether it is the case or not, who knows.
Oct 31, 2018 3:58 PM
Sep 2017
Wasshio said:
Well the most obvious thing when it comes to Kaban is just that she was written originally by Tatsuki, from what I got at least. Apparently Kadokawa aren't allowed to use that character because of that. Whether it is the case or not, who knows.

That is not the case. Kaban's image and voice have been used multiple times after the Tatsuki incident, in live events, stage plays, and just about a month ago, a new CD "Safari Drive".

What Irodori and his team do own is the Kaban MODEL; the original 3D model used for the first season of the show. There was some trouble after the model was used for the Kemono Friends Puzzle Gokko game, but that's pretty much where it ends. Kaban is part of the Kemono Friends intellectual property and they can use her freely for any content they desire, including the second season.

Whether or not they will use her, however, is still unknown.
Oct 31, 2018 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
SoldusJK said:
Wasshio said:

That is not the case. Kaban's image and voice have been used multiple times after the Tatsuki incident, in live events, stage plays, and just about a month ago, a new CD "Safari Drive".

What Irodori and his team do own is the Kaban MODEL; the original 3D model used for the first season of the show. There was some trouble after the model was used for the Kemono Friends Puzzle Gokko game, but that's pretty much where it ends. Kaban is part of the Kemono Friends intellectual property and they can use her freely for any content they desire, including the second season.

Okay that's a fair point to make :S My apologies if I caused any issues or misunderstandings of course xsx
Nov 1, 2018 10:28 AM
Sep 2017
Wasshio said:
SoldusJK said:

Okay that's a fair point to make :S My apologies if I caused any issues or misunderstandings of course xsx

It's an understandable mistake. Frankly, at this point in time, pretty much most of the western KF fanbase has serious misinformation issues - language barrier and whatnot. Even MAL's "Related Anime" sections are largely wrong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrAwesome2018 - Apr 1, 2019

69 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:22 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 7 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Feb 25, 2019

17 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Poll: » Kemono Friends 2 Episode 2 Discussion

MrAwesome2018 - Jan 21, 2019

25 by PrawnGuard »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:38 AM

» I want to forget all this!!!!!

SakurakoMikage - Mar 8, 2023

3 by SakurakoMikage »»
Mar 12, 2023 3:51 AM

» is there any link to this Anime?

KhoaVN - Aug 13, 2022

2 by KhoaVN »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.