Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2018 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This last episode only left me wanting for more, here's hoping it won't be long till we see Sakura and the others back on our screens.
Aug 9, 2018 12:27 PM
Dec 2013
That was... not an end at all, and frankly, so many qeustions still unanswered, and msot of the stuff in this "last" episode was painfully obvious anyway
Aug 10, 2018 1:12 AM

Mar 2014
There has to be some sort of continuation coming in form of new season? Or movie maybe?
Aug 15, 2018 7:40 PM

Apr 2016
a low-par ending to a low-par sequel. makes me wonder why they even bothered to make this at all besides money.
Aug 21, 2018 2:53 AM

Sep 2010
Nothing was resolved. That was obvious from the series' pacing.

Reading the manga is highly recommended.

Overall, with the exception of Episode 19, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen was an enjoyable anime.

8/10

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Sep 10, 2018 8:38 AM
Jul 2008
I'm wondering if the story was fan made or not? It seems this anime lives in alternate dimension from the prequel story.

Overall the anime was quite boring. It's like someone made a 'fan made' anime with the Cardcaptor's characters.
Sep 24, 2018 9:44 PM

Oct 2010
Honestly, I really enjoyed this anime a lot. Formulaic but it was very fun to watch and Sakura is STILL, 18 years later, the Goddess of Loli. Absolute Queen of being adorable and pure. And as for the way this season ended, I'm fine with it. This is MUCH better than getting a crappy original ending. I just hope we don't have to wait another 18 years for more.
Nov 12, 2018 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
jesus christ fuck off
fuck everything and rumble
Dec 2, 2018 6:26 PM

May 2010
Yeah, ending sucked, but this had the same magic as the original. It really surprised me, since surely the original staff moved on after two decades. I do want more, and this cliffhanger ending leads me to believe that more is coming.

8/10 for now. I gave the original a 9/10. Not quite as good, but this does feel like a worthy continuation of the series.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 27, 2018 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
The anime has already caught up with the manga so we have to get by with this ending. I thought the fight between Sakura and the mysterious being was the best fighting scene in this season so far. Overall I liked this season a lot, although there were clearly not enough Syaoran scenes.
Jan 13, 2019 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
I was very happy to see Sakura once again in a beautiful anime, all this kindness and innocence is so refreshing these days.

Yes, the anime was quite slow-paced and it's fair to say we didn't see much happen but what we saw in this last episode could lead to interesting turns of event, I like to see how powerful Kaito is and wants to understand what is this book.

Anyway, can't wait for season 2 so I hope we won't have to wait for too long :)
Jan 17, 2019 7:22 PM

May 2010
I knew from the get-go a cardcaptor series cannot properly end in 22 episodes and I was right.

This could have been benefited more with more Syaoran and Sakura moments.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 23, 2019 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
Am I the only one who is disappointed in this show? :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2019 11:21 AM
Nov 2015
ezaya said:
Am I the only one who is disappointed in this show? :(
nah you're not , but I still really enjoyed
Jun 30, 2019 7:24 AM

Dec 2014
ok what was with that conclusion...I want more
Jul 18, 2019 6:38 PM

Oct 2015
I thought the person in the hood would be Kaito instead of Akiho, but hell! I'm mystified by her existence though, who is really Akiho and what's up with her acquittance with Kaito? What is Kaito using her for and why did he steal the relic from the association? What happened to Eriol and his familiars/guardians? Why was it important for Sakura to collect the clear cards? Why is Kaito targeting Sakura? What's the real connection between Akiho and Sakura since people always assume they're similar, could it be her mother's reincarnation? This season left us with so many unanswered questions and vague outcomes.

All in all it was just about Sakura collecting with no back structure of the story line! They just repeated what was on last season but in a worst way, pretty lackluster if you ask me. I think this show depends on the tedious nature of collecting cards rather than anything else, it completely lacked any fine development or fresh ideas in card capturing. I did enjoy the clear card capturing moments, but come on they are tiring already after watching 70 episodes of them from last season. This show needed few a additional episodes to wrap well than this.

6/10
lihle808Jul 18, 2019 6:41 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 2, 2019 8:34 PM
Sep 2019
Please continue episode 23.. I can't wait this answer. Wow this story is very good and almost strangle.. when will this story still end?
Oct 21, 2019 8:15 AM

Dec 2017
SamBlack said:
a low-par ending to a low-par sequel. makes me wonder why they even bothered to make this at all besides money.

This.

There were some cute moments but overall it was a pointless, soulless sequel. A prequel where they revealed her mom was also a card captor could've been a lot more interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2019 8:44 AM

Jun 2015
The manga is not over, so definitely there will be a Season 2
Nov 7, 2019 8:49 AM

Jun 2015
I think it was more than obvious the cloaked figure was Akiho, even for kids which this show targets at. Time rewind is proving to be OP and annoying.
Nov 23, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2016
I'm disappointed that Clear Card-hen wasn't given a proper ending... hoping for a season 2 once the manga finishes!
Dec 2, 2019 7:27 AM

Jan 2013
This season had a lot of problems....
Mainly repetition (almost re-using the original cards), slowness, and high predictability.

I was not surprised by anything in this season, and was hardly entertained by it. Ultimately the series disappointed me, even though it did have some charm.
Dec 6, 2019 8:34 AM

Oct 2018
CondemneDio said:
This season had a lot of problems....
Mainly repetition (almost re-using the original cards), slowness, and high predictability.

I was not surprised by anything in this season, and was hardly entertained by it. Ultimately the series disappointed me, even though it did have some charm.

Can't agree more. Even re-using almost every episode the same "gimmick" from a character, they made it look like they're all based of only one over exaggerated character trait.
Apr 5, 2020 5:39 PM
Apr 2016
lihle808 said:
I thought the person in the hood would be Kaito instead of Akiho, but hell! I'm mystified by her existence though, who is really Akiho and what's up with her acquittance with Kaito? What is Kaito using her for and why did he steal the relic from the association? What happened to Eriol and his familiars/guardians? Why was it important for Sakura to collect the clear cards? Why is Kaito targeting Sakura? What's the real connection between Akiho and Sakura since people always assume they're similar, could it be her mother's reincarnation? This season left us with so many unanswered questions and vague outcomes.

All in all it was just about Sakura collecting with no back structure of the story line! They just repeated what was on last season but in a worst way, pretty lackluster if you ask me. I think this show depends on the tedious nature of collecting cards rather than anything else, it completely lacked any fine development or fresh ideas in card capturing. I did enjoy the clear card capturing moments, but come on they are tiring already after watching 70 episodes of them from last season. This show needed few a additional episodes to wrap well than this.

6/10
. I thought the same about Akiho being her mother's reincarnation. Also, the reason for the cards being similar was explained towards the end. They're similar because Sakura is creating them subconsciously from memory of the old cards.
Apr 20, 2020 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
I hope in the manga or if the show eventually gets more seasons that the Sakura cards manage to comeback, they had full personalities unlike most of the clear cards.
Dec 9, 2020 12:13 PM
Nov 2013
Words can hardly describe how disappointed I was with this series. Was it faitful to manga or is there more to the story?
Jan 29, 2021 8:11 PM
Nov 2020
The anime wasn’t bad, but it ended on such a cliffhanger. Hoping that there will be another season or a movie.
Apr 25, 2021 4:08 PM

May 2015
They pulled a move like Magikano.

Reversing stuff back to the start. I-

Well I still enjoyed the anime. It kind of subverted my expectations just a tad. I just wish they'd explore the different sorcerers and magic system stuff more and more.
Jun 9, 2021 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
So, we have a cliffhanger.

While that's a bit disappointing, I have a good feeling that the anime will continue in the near future, hopefully.

Oct 17, 2021 8:13 PM
Dec 2013
Just got to finish this. I binged watch everything from first TV, the 2 movies and this. This is nice but I hope they're not planning on leaving us dry here. It's been 3 years since this ended and it's been eerily quiet. Probably no chance of getting a continuation at this point which is sad.

Despite how this ep just ends in an annoying super cliffhanger, overall the show is pretty much how the old one was. And this gets huge points from me in just doing so. They have captured the feel good essence of the old TV anime. I would've loved to see other characters get some screen time but then again I already understood after a few eps that this is going to be revolving around Sakura, Syaoran and Akiho.
aiemOct 18, 2021 9:30 AM
Nov 6, 2021 5:55 AM
Dec 2019
i really enjoyed every episode in this season so cute so pure so enjoyable so funny so heartwarming fluffy cute smiled and gave me butterflies in my stomach
it is not like i am disappointment about the ending but it needs more explanations like a sequel movie or another season i dunno
worthy
Dec 1, 2022 6:47 AM
Nov 2022
i'm just sad, why did they had to end right here, they could've at least made another episode or just a few more minutes like come onnnnnnn
Dec 1, 2022 6:48 AM
Nov 2022
i'm just sad, why did they had to end right here, they could've at least made another episode or just a few more minutes like come onnnnnnn
Jan 15, 2023 10:24 PM
Jan 2023
No explanation needed. It's a lovely story.
Mar 8, 2023 11:04 AM
Apr 2021
Se sintió incompleto al cap final pero que bomnita animación
Dec 3, 2023 2:26 PM
May 2016
me están grabando
Jan 3, 4:20 PM

Apr 2019
how can the season end like this???
CREDIT
pfp & sign. :@chirido_san on twt/x
Aug 18, 12:30 AM

Jul 2020
Crazy they would end with no resolution and then proceed to wait more than 6 years to give us more. The season as a whole was decent in the sense that it was essentially just more Cardcaptor Sakura, though there were a few discrepancies between this and the original anime/manga that left me a little confused (like the technology and references to both the anime original content and the manga canon). Hopefully season 2 comes out soon now that the manga is done and is able to wrap things up using as much of the unfinished manga and anime plot elements as possible.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2018

41 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Sep 6, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

33 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Sep 6, 3:49 PM

» Most Popular ❀Cardcaptor Sakura❀ Characters

KingSunWukong - Aug 19

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Aug 19, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

62 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

38 by Serhiyko »»
Apr 10, 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.