Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2017 1:11 AM

Apr 2014
It's not a work of art by any means, but this is basically School Days 2.0 where "hurrrrr durrrr I dun' like the MC, show is bad durrrrr hurrrrrrr." The anime industry be damned if they ever dare make an unlikable protagonist designed to be unlikable, shame on them! A lot of people are also hating on the random comedy interjection, but I bet most of them have FMA: Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate highly rated. Disgusted with the needless violence and sexual references? Why watch a show with its ONLY genre being horror? You wanted to be scared? Do people actually expect to be scared of cartoons these days? The one thing I'll forgive the haters on accusing is occasionally shoddy animation and art, but this is from a fairly inexperienced studio probably producing this on quite the small budget, they're not ufotable or Madhouse. Well I'd like to apologize on behalf of the studio for producing something with below-zero hype going for it so it was never destined for inflated scores like Ancient Magus Bride. Good luck crawling out of that cesspool of Chinese anime that people barely ever even glance at, and no, The King's Avatar was an exception, not the norm.

TL;DR: MAL scores before barely had any affect on the anime I watched, now they will have none.
Oct 29, 2017 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
I don't get it on the one hand you talk about how people expect to get scared by cartoons and on the other hand you created a new thread to rant about people, ranting about cartoons.

The MAL score is not absolute but it still indicates the average pleasure of a show. If you disagree with the mean, well then you are a hipster. If you agree with the mean then you are mainstream.

YOU don't speak for all.

Get over yourself and stop being a hypocrite.
SelensijaOct 29, 2017 7:20 AM
Oct 29, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2016
And yet another thread about the same thing.
Oct 29, 2017 7:35 PM

Apr 2014
Selensija said:
I don't get it on the one hand you talk about how people expect to get scared by cartoons and on the other hand you created a new thread to rant about people, ranting about cartoons.

The MAL score is not absolute but it still indicates the average pleasure of a show. If you disagree with the mean, well then you are a hipster. If you agree with the mean then you are mainstream.

YOU don't speak for all.

Get over yourself and stop being a hypocrite.

Name just one thing that makes me a hypocrite, try.
And I don't speak for everyone, but neither do you, and you ESPECIALLY don't speak for me.
Oct 29, 2017 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
Being honest: I don't trust MAL scores in general because once again, its a general consensus site. And it is contrived of course because people will rate stuff differently than others.

I haven't watched the show at all but because you mentioned about this I am just giving my two cents. Just don't trust any of them because it can really go either way for anyone.
Oct 30, 2017 3:06 AM

Jul 2009
Protaku said:

Name just one thing that makes me a hypocrite, try.
And I don't speak for everyone, but neither do you, and you ESPECIALLY don't speak for me.

This is exactly what makes you a hypocrite.

>I don't get it on the one hand you talk about how people expect to get scared by cartoons and on the other hand you created a new thread to rant about people, ranting about cartoons.

No where did I speak for you in my reply. This attitude is the reason why I am saying that you are being full of yourself. You think you are better than anyone else.

What? You don't think you are better than anyone else? Accusing the majority on this site for rating an anime less than you expected? What a joke.

Other people like other things, if you can't respect that why are you even in this community?
SelensijaOct 30, 2017 3:11 AM
Oct 30, 2017 6:12 AM

Aug 2011
Don't rant. Plot and animation is shit, so it got a shit score.
Oct 30, 2017 6:26 AM

Sep 2017
If you lost faith to mal scores then you are too late. Ever since 2010 no one should take mal scores seriously. NO ONE. Welcome to mal op.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 30, 2017 8:23 PM

Mar 2015
Well, I never believe the mall scorel to begin with... everybody has their own taste.. and my taste usually differ from common people.. so sometimes, I could find anime with lowscore mall but its actually the one I've been searching for
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Oct 31, 2017 3:58 PM

Feb 2016
Lol OP, EoL is absolute crap, can't you see the inefficient animation quality?, the Ragdoll characters? the crappy jokes that makes me laugh of how bad they are?

btw, I don't watch "horror" tagued anime to get jumpscared or to get scared, there anime with GOOD horror that makes you feel a real sense of danger which is really different than being scared, EoL instead makes me laugh of how bad it is
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 1, 2017 12:31 AM

Dec 2015
lmao how you gonna be mad that other people don’t like an anime as much as you. People amaze me at how ridiculous they can be
Nov 1, 2017 1:03 AM

May 2015
Well, School Days is also garbage. So I'm not seeing the issue here.

Nov 1, 2017 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
Protaku said:
It's not a work of art by any means, but this is basically School Days 2.0 where "hurrrrr durrrr I dun' like the MC, show is bad durrrrr hurrrrrrr." The anime industry be damned if they ever dare make an unlikable protagonist designed to be unlikable, shame on them! A lot of people are also hating on the random comedy interjection, but I bet most of them have FMA: Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate highly rated. Disgusted with the needless violence and sexual references? Why watch a show with its ONLY genre being horror? You wanted to be scared? Do people actually expect to be scared of cartoons these days? The one thing I'll forgive the haters on accusing is occasionally shoddy animation and art, but this is from a fairly inexperienced studio probably producing this on quite the small budget, they're not ufotable or Madhouse. Well I'd like to apologize on behalf of the studio for producing something with below-zero hype going for it so it was never destined for inflated scores like Ancient Magus Bride. Good luck crawling out of that cesspool of Chinese anime that people barely ever even glance at, and no, The King's Avatar was an exception, not the norm.

TL;DR: MAL scores before barely had any affect on the anime I watched, now they will have none.

You are right, if anything usually shows with very high/high rating on MAL, nothing but pandering trash
Nov 4, 2017 12:06 AM
Feb 2015
I just wish nobody cared about the scores for anything on any site really. If you don't know why each person gave the score they did, it's just an useless (sometimes even misleading) number. One written review or one video by someone whose taste you know are usually many times more useful than a million scores with no explanation.

Every time someone posts something like "I will never look at MAL scores again" I smile a bit lol

My tip would be: if you don't have the time to watch one or two episodes of the anime and want to know if they are worth your time, ignore the number,scroll down to the reviews and try to find a well detailed one.
Nov 4, 2017 12:09 AM

Mar 2013
I don't care about budget, inexperience, or any other constraints, just the end product. What problems occur in production only shifts the blame to someone else, but it doesn't redeem the work in my view. Not one bit.
Nov 4, 2017 12:25 AM

Nov 2011
This anime is shit and deserve shit score. I can't find anything remotely good about this anime.

Nov 5, 2017 10:15 AM

Dec 2010
7 gintamas in top20. Code Geass higher than Death Note. People rating everything 6 of higher.

If anyone still looks at the average then... I don`t know people still believe that vaccines give autism.

Nov 5, 2017 10:40 AM

Oct 2015
I actually think School Days is decent, but I just scored it that way cause of what they did to Kotonoha xD

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Nov 5, 2017 10:45 AM

Jun 2017
OH MY LORD!!! SOMEONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES AND DOES THINGS DIFFERENT THAN ME!!! IT'S THE END OF TH FRIGGIN WORLD!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
I'm a shitposter for fun
Nov 5, 2017 10:34 PM

Mar 2009
What? This is one of the worst shows of the season, along with King's Game and Dies Irae.
Nov 6, 2017 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
Protaku said:

Your first mistake was ever assuming MAL ranks as worth of anything but jokes, op.
Look at all those freaking Gintamas in TOP 20 (and I like Gintsma, by the way). Or Code Geass R2 over R1. Or Kimi no Generic as number 1. Lain and Evangelion (TV) waaaay down. Mirai Nikki actually over 7 (7,95 now). Etc, etc.
Look how almost everything goes 7.00 to 7.99 (like half or more of a database of 4000+)...
FabrisNov 6, 2017 12:50 PM
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 8, 2017 7:53 AM

Sep 2008
Mormegil said:
What? This is one of the worst shows of the season, along with King's Game and Dies Irae.

^This.

Plot is shit. Characters are shit. Animation is shit. Only music from opening is good :/
Nov 8, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2016
Not that I've seen the series, but to be fair, a poorly-written story is still a poorly-written story, no matter what the circumstance. Hence why people rate FMA higher than Evil or Live.

And honestly, I have a huge hunch that if I were to watch it, I would regret it. I mean, what sort of emotional depth can you expect from a title that sounds like something an edgy preteen would tweet because they thought it was deep? What, does it mean that evil never lives? In that case, literally any work of fiction that follows the typical Hero's Journey format could've and probably has already told you that, in fewer words. Frankly, if this title is any indication of what the plot is like, then I wholeheartedly agree with the viewers.
Nov 8, 2017 8:34 AM

May 2015
This show's worth an excellent rating of 4 if you don't mind the poor animation, horrible directing and useless music. I think the genre tag needs to be changed to 'Comedy'.

The premise is good and deserves better treatment.
Nov 18, 2017 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Protaku said:
It's not a work of art by any means, but this is basically School Days 2.0 where "hurrrrr durrrr I dun' like the MC, show is bad durrrrr hurrrrrrr." The anime industry be damned if they ever dare make an unlikable protagonist designed to be unlikable, shame on them! A lot of people are also hating on the random comedy interjection, but I bet most of them have FMA: Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate highly rated. Disgusted with the needless violence and sexual references? Why watch a show with its ONLY genre being horror?

Because there is "good" and "bad" horror. Ofc, everyone decides for themselves, where they want to draw the line for themselves and everyone has their own reasons.
I was absolutely disgusted by the uhm... it felt like the worst anti-game-propaganda straight in ya face and I hate such things. ^^" At the beginning, I was curious about because of the title and cover, so I gave it one episode and was disappointed, because of that and the edges. XD
Ironically, judging from the first episode, I think, I would have liked the protagonist.

*looking at anime (re)watching list*
*seeing FMA:B with a 10 there* uhm... X'D
Jan 13, 2018 7:28 AM
Sep 2016
i do not trust or believe in MAL scores and reviews 100% but they do reflect more or less the quality of the shows within a season, that's why i chose to watch them from worst to best following the scores (i only binge watch the shows when the season is over)

according to the scores Dies Irae, Urahara, Ousama Game and Two Car are worse than Evil or Live yet i dropped the first 2 and enjoyed the last 2, even tho reviews and scores say they are all crap;

I only came here to do a little research on what to expect before i start, but even if it had a 1.0 score and the worst reviews ever i would still check it out on my own just because the premise sounds interesting, so why would anyone care about scores? just watch everything and drop what you don't like.

i'm more worried about people with less than 100 shows watched writing reviews, that's like a newlywed giving advice on how to maintain a long-term marriage
Jan 13, 2018 7:35 AM

Jul 2017
this show was shit and always will be
Jan 13, 2018 7:38 AM

Feb 2017
CrazyFrogz said:
Don't rant. Plot and animation is shit, so it got a shit score.

I'll just agree with this person and save myself the time and energy giving you my own reply. Do better, OP.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

105 by Naho2863 »»
Jan 29, 6:19 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 2, 2018

77 by world_god »»
Dec 14, 2023 11:39 AM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2017

18 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

11 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 2:05 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

24 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.