Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 27, 2017 6:56 PM
Jan 2009
For fans of the "Sakura Quest" English dub, the final "Sakura Quest Fest" epi. is this Saturday from 12-2PM CST, per Caitlin's 10/25/2017@2:55PM tweet (@caitlinsvoice). the final SQF will have over 20 guests.

When the dub was being aired, dub director Caitlin Glass would often do a Wed. morning Q&A Periscope live stream Q&A called "Sakura Quest Fest". Each episode featured an Eng. dub voice actor/actress for a character introduced in that week's episode.

I have made my adoration for the dub known as I have tweeted to Caitlin, Leah, Alexis, Brina, and Elizabeth on how well they did. The fact that Tia's 9/4/17 tweet "Taking the rest of the year off of Twitter, my lovelies. Don't burn down the place, eh?" doesn't help. I should have told her I enjoyed her role of Shiori earlier.

Oct 27, 2017 7:05 PM
Jan 2009
Another thing people often forget about Eng. dubs is that the Japanese staff do have a say in approving/disapproving of the cast and scripts. I would like to know what the SQ director thought of the dub.
Oct 27, 2017 7:30 PM

Sep 2016
There's a jar of cookies in the back, help yourself to some for this.
On a side note... what exactly are we supposed to be discussing here?
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 27, 2017 9:10 PM
Jan 2009
Older_than_dirt, it's too inform people that a live stream about the simuldub has it's final episode tomorrow.
May 12, 2018 8:25 PM

Jun 2016
I'm at an impasse deciding between watching the dub or sub of Sakura Quest.

The sub has Anzai Chika in a main role. Her voicework for Kousaka Reina is the best of all the japanese voice acting I ever heard, but I believe it's the director that brought the talent out of her, rather than talent that she can easily convey. The sub has Tomoyo Kurosawa in it too, and she's a voice actor who I want to hear more of, but it's only a supporting role.

On the other hand, the dub has Brina Palencia, who's my favourite voice actor (japanese or english) in it. I like the english voice for Yoshino Koharu, but not enough to make me prioritise the dub because of it.

Anyone got any advice. Is Chika Anzai as good in this as she is in Sound! Euphonium? Does her character get a scene where she can show off her voice talent? Does Tomoyo Kurosawa's presence benefit the show enough to make it worth sacrificing my ability to understand the spoken language of the characters?

I probably shouldn't be asking questions about the sub in a thread about the dub, now that I think about it, but I already wrote this out so no turning back now.
May 23, 2018 8:31 AM
Jan 2009
Since I haven't seen "Euphonium", I cannot comment for Chika Anzai's performance. Since I prefer the dub, I cannot comment on your question on Kurosawa-san's performance. Both versions have their own strengths/weaknesses. One thing I can say is that Tenderizer17 probably thinks either version is so good they cannot decide which version they prefer.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.