Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 1, 2017 4:36 PM

Dec 2015
So, episode 00 is released and It made me realize why Love Live Sunshine is the best anime ever for allot of reasons that are personal and from the cinematography and the subtle overeactions of the characters, for example when Dia rejected Chika's school idol club forum a heavy blast of air blew over Chika like an obstacle she's trying to get threw. so yeah what's your thoughts on this pre-episode for season 2
hi
Oct 2, 2017 4:33 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah this recap made me accept more why Sunshine is better than the original!(Original is good too!). I appreciated this recap :) might even rewatch season 1 soon

" To shine like muse, we can't be chasing after them ", " Thus, Aqours started their journey to shine in their own way " I think that's why this show isn't too well received here on MAL, they probably missed the whole point on why they keep saying muse this and muse that. I hope these lines would somehow reach the viewers who had their doubts on the first season :/

Hope this season changes a lot of people's opinion on sunshine :)
EGOISTOct 2, 2017 6:45 AM
Oct 2, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2014
I think you need to chill, OP
EGOIST said:
" To shine like muse, we can't be chasing after them ", " Thus, Aqours started their journey to shine in their own way " I think that's why this show isn't too well received here on MAL, they probably missed the whole point on why they keep saying muse this and muse that. I hope these lines would somehow reach the viewers who had their doubts on the first season :/
And what is this mystical point that we mere mortals are too simple minded to understand? "Muse are our idols, but we don't want to be like them and can't be like them if we want to succeed, we gotta find our own path"? As if that excuses the show shoving Muse into my face every five seconds.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 3, 2017 4:38 AM

Oct 2015
Comic_Sans said:
I think you need to chill, OP
EGOIST said:
And what is this mystical point that we mere mortals are too simple minded to understand? "Muse are our idols, but we don't want to be like them and can't be like them if we want to succeed, we gotta find our own path"? As if that excuses the show shoving Muse into my face every five seconds.
yeah it doesn't but I hope some appreciate sunshine for what it is and stop dismissing it as a carbon copy of the original. You're free to have your own opinion.
Oct 3, 2017 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
This episode needs its own separate entry, serving as the summary episode of LLSS season 1.

That aside, I am glad we get to see the seiyuus in action at the end of the recap. =)

Oct 3, 2017 1:57 PM

Dec 2015
Lord_Odous said:
This episode needs its own separate entry, serving as the summary episode of LLSS season 1.

That aside, I am glad we get to see the seiyuus in action at the end of the recap. =)
Lord_Odous said:

True I'm still waiting for This episode to be it's own separate entry
hi
Oct 4, 2017 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
still like the muse more but glad to see aqours back again

Oct 6, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2016
Can someone send me a Link to this Special? I Haven't found it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2017 6:32 AM

Dec 2015
-KaneKo- said:
-KaneKo- said:
http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Love-Live-Sunshine-2nd-Season
hi
Oct 6, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
EGOIST said:
Yeah this recap made me accept more why Sunshine is better than the original!(Original is good too!). I appreciated this recap :) might even rewatch season 1 soon

they didn't have to keep mentioning muse all the time...even at episode 8.
other series did a much better job at showing references to previous established idol groups while still focusing on the main characters of the show - and certainly not wasting too much time putting the previous idols on a high pedestral. one example is Pripara - they literally spent maybe 3 minutes in the 1st episode to show references to previous idol. they also showed a reference to them in a much later episode, but that was strategic and only lasted for like a minute at best. the series knew that the stars of the show were the main characters, not the previous idols. another example is Aikatsu: Akari season. Aikatsu was actually able to make a smooth transition from Ichigo -> Akari, and while Akari fangirls over Ichigo, we don't see Soleil performance or song shoved into the first few episodes - the star of the show is Akari, not Ichigo and the producers of the show understand that.

with LL Sunshine, however, the producers seem too worried to appease the established LL fandom:
the constant references to muse even going to episode 8, Dia being obsessed over muse - making a muse quiz to show how knowldegdeable she is about them. they could have spent 5 minutes the 1st episode showing how muse was legendary and then move on to Aquors. Aikatsu did with Akari -> Ichigo and Pripara did with previous idols -> Lala and some would even argue Lala -> Yume in idol time.
LL sunshine showed muse performances several times, which would be fine if this was a long-running series, but with only 12 episodes for season 1, this takes away precious time for Aquors characters - and they really needed the time. Aquors are the stars of the show afterall, not muse.

besides the constant references to muse, which i hope season 2 will avoid,
there's also the unecessary and pointless drama and the rush in introducing the characters.
after watching season 1, it's hard to give Ruby a better description than "that cute red-haired imouto that is introverted and wants to be an idol", and Hanamaru "that girl who's friend of Ruby and later joins Aquors". characters didn't leave a lasting impression, with the exception of You (due to her "Yosoro" remark) and Yohane (the chuuni character). granted, muse also had this problem with characters like Nozomi, and they somewhat fixed in season 2. season 2 really need to dedicate an episode or 2 on the individual characters.

as for pointless drama, compare the reason Dia opposed Aquors group vs why Eli opposed.
someone will complain that there's also pointless drama in the original, particularly when muse wanted to perform Snow Halation. this is true, but it only lasted for 1 episode, and the drama wasn't a major part of the story. by contrast, the reason Dia opposes Aquors drives the story.

after reading volume 2, i can say that season 1 could have been better. there's no rush in characters introduction, there's no pointless drama and the characters are actually better than the series. You in the anime series is a severe downgrade compared to You from the manga. they also don't waste too much time with muse - the focus is on Aquors.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 6, 2017 8:52 AM

Oct 2015
DreamingBeats said:
EGOIST said:

they didn't have to keep mentioning muse all the time...even at episode 8.
other series did a much better job at showing references to previous established idol groups while still focusing on the main characters of the show - and certainly not wasting too much time putting the previous idols on a high pedestral. one example is Pripara - they literally spent maybe 3 minutes in the 1st episode to show references to previous idol. they also showed a reference to them in a much later episode, but that was strategic and only lasted for like a minute at best. the series knew that the stars of the show were the main characters, not the previous idols. another example is Aikatsu: Akari season. Aikatsu was actually able to make a smooth transition from Ichigo -> Akari, and while Akari fangirls over Ichigo, we don't see Soleil performance or song shoved into the first few episodes - the star of the show is Akari, not Ichigo and the producers of the show understand that.

with LL Sunshine, however, the producers seem too worried to appease the established LL fandom:
the constant references to muse even going to episode 8, Dia being obsessed over muse - making a muse quiz to show how knowldegdeable she is about them. they could have spent 5 minutes the 1st episode showing how muse was legendary and then move on to Aquors. Aikatsu did with Akari -> Ichigo and Pripara did with previous idols -> Lala and some would even argue Lala -> Yume in idol time.
LL sunshine showed muse performances several times, which would be fine if this was a long-running series, but with only 12 episodes for season 1, this takes away precious time for Aquors characters - and they really needed the time. Aquors are the stars of the show afterall, not muse.

besides the constant references to muse, which i hope season 2 will avoid,
there's also the unecessary and pointless drama and the rush in introducing the characters.
after watching season 1, it's hard to give Ruby a better description than "that cute red-haired imouto that is introverted and wants to be an idol", and Hanamaru "that girl who's friend of Ruby and later joins Aquors". characters didn't leave a lasting impression, with the exception of You (due to her "Yosoro" remark) and Yohane (the chuuni character). granted, muse also had this problem with characters like Nozomi, and they somewhat fixed in season 2. season 2 really need to dedicate an episode or 2 on the individual characters.

as for pointless drama, compare the reason Dia opposed Aquors group vs why Eli opposed.
someone will complain that there's also pointless drama in the original, particularly when muse wanted to perform Snow Halation. this is true, but it only lasted for 1 episode, and the drama wasn't a major part of the story. by contrast, the reason Dia opposes Aquors drives the story.

after reading volume 2, i can say that season 1 could have been better. there's no rush in characters introduction, there's no pointless drama and the characters are actually better than the series. You in the anime series is a severe downgrade compared to You from the manga. they also don't waste too much time with muse - the focus is on Aquors.
I'm actually not all that annoyed with the constant muse circlejerking XD, guess I'm in the minority. What I actually like about sunshine is it's handling of its drama. It might seem pointless to you, but I think these drama actually adds up to the impact the character gives to the show. Compared to the original, there wasn't really any background/drama on all of its characters. They were just there. (Only talking about season 1, since season 2 solved that problem) Making characters like Rin and Hanayo go under the radar. Sunshine devoted most of its time focusing on a set of characters per set of episodes which most had drama in it and of course the circle jerking (I agree though, they can maximize their use of the time by replacing these) I guess they're actually trying to make an impact on their point with the constant mentioning of muse, I mean I think it wouldn't have made that much on an impact on me if they hardly ever mentioned who they wanted to become. Some people beg to differ though.

I don't really see the drama pointless imo. What really made me like Sunshine more than the original(season 1, season 2+movie doesn't count) is how the drama was handled. Take the drama between Kotori and Honoka, I don't know about you but it seemed really forced to me compared to the drama between Rin, You and Chika. Oh and I just noticed how contradicting our points are :/ As far as I remember we received pretty good insights about the characters, I disagree with Hanamaru having no characterization; When Ruby joined, hanamaru didn't really join with her at first(?) and we did get an insight on her character correct me if I'm wrong. The drama with Dia wasn't really what drove the story, it's again a segment on getting some background on the characters, I think what drove the story was the circlejerking tbh.

Compared to the original(season 1 only), I think sunshine did a better job at characterization within a short span on 12 episodes. Even if Kanan rarely appeared in the anime, we actually did have more insight on her character compare to Nozomi per se. Hmm, I think LLSS S2 will stop with the constant mentioning of muse since their goal has changed. I haven't really read the manga/novels so I can't really atest to that. Yeah the only one lacking characterization is Ruby :S

I might have commited plenty of mistakes in writing this, but I wanted to share my perspective on how I see the show.
Oct 6, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
EGOIST said:
Even if Kanan rarely appeared in the anime, we actually did have more insight on her character compare to Nozomi per se. Hmm, I think LLSS S2 will stop with the constant mentioning of muse since their goal has changed. I haven't really read the manga/novels so I can't really atest to that. Yeah the only one lacking characterization is Ruby :S

I might have commited plenty of mistakes in writing this, but I wanted to share my perspective on how I see the show.

thank you for your input. i'm certainly hoping we'll see an episode or two focusing on Ruby, Kanan and Hanamaru. maybe also Mari. as for manga, read it! it's definitely worth it for LL sunshine fans and haters alike. it fixes everything that people disliked about the series. well, if volume 2 is any indication anyways.

as for the series, one thing i feel conflicted about is Saint Snow. much like A-rise, they act as a "rival" idol group that challenges the main characters to grow and overcome them. A-rise characters were considered the top school idol group, and it was nice to see the symbolic ascending / descending the stairs scene in season 2. A-rise characters were actually quite likeable, even courteous to muse.
Saint Snow, on the other hand, came across to me as being rather snobbish. putting Aquors down when they were already on the floor after getting 0 likes and reaching rock bottom place in Love Live.
it's hard to like S Snow after that scene. they (S Snow) are also not top idols, which sort of suggest we might see an actual top idol group in season 2. this would be fine for a long-running series, but i'm not too sure adding more side characters will benefit the show. (the top idol group can't be muse, though seeing them face Aquors head-on would be interesting)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Oct 8, 2017 8:39 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I honestly felt like Aquors had more charisma and development than most characters in Muse.
Like Aquors really grew on me, and in general every character. Seeing the actual seiyus showing their activities was also great to see. The connection that the Aquours has with the Numazu is just amazing. I was amazed at how much love they put to the group.

Oct 8, 2017 9:23 PM

Dec 2015
SweetKiichigo said:
I honestly felt like Aquors had more charisma and development than most characters in Muse.
Like Aquors really grew on me, and in general every character. Seeing the actual seiyus showing their activities was also great to see. The connection that the Aquours has with the Numazu is just amazing. I was amazed at how much love they put to the group.
Yo same, Aqours really grew on me and their development in sunshine is possibly my favorite in an anime
hi

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

132 by master106 »»
Oct 1, 9:25 AM

» Aquors HELP!!!

Vapor_AU - Jun 7

2 by Serafos »»
Jun 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

81 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.