Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 11, 2017 6:14 AM

Oct 2015
Nice to see that they're making progress :)
May 11, 2017 6:17 AM

Mar 2009
LukeLC said:
Warning: minor episode spoilers ahead.

This was a surprisingly fantastic episode. It's all summed up in this:

Now, this breaks a fundamental rule of storytelling: finish what you begin. But by breaking this rule, the author makes their point even more profound.

Most of us don't like to consider how temporary our lives are. Perhaps that's why we all wish to do things bigger than ourselves, things that will live on longer than us. But maybe there's a less self-centered reason too. Each generation only gets to run the world for a brief period of time. What we do will lay the foundation for every generation to come. Maybe we don't all have what it takes to change the world. Maybe the world isn't even ready for the change it needs. But in some small way, if each of us leaves the world a bit better place than when we arrived, it is worth the effort.

I'm not just reading into things, either. It's actually quite brilliant how the author tied things in with Kazushi's ranma. For the past couple episodes he's just been there, grumpy and engrossed in his work, but now we learn the reason why: that his master started the ranma, and then passed away before he could finish it. And even when Kazushi tried to keep up the job, the customer who ordered it died too. His work was met with only death after death until there was no point left to it... or so it seemed. By putting the ranma up in the station instead, it gave new life to everyone who had a hand in its creation--an obvious parallel to what Koharu and co are trying to do for the town itself.

It's quite impressive how they worked deep themes like that into this story. Really caught me off-guard with how well-written it is.

Great post. Sakura Quest really is one of the best shows of the season.
May 11, 2017 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
-ririko is a qt
-yo that jazzy bgm during the montage was some good shit
-Wait why are they showing all the woodcarving in this episode and not the previous one
-it is a dark time when they rely on the bard to save them
-wait isn't his name the one in the first few frames of the OP
-i have no fuckin clue why the bard's arrest was so fuckin hilarious
-That little speech Yoshino gave to Sanae was actually probably the most sense she's made in the entire show so far
-gofundme is the way of the future

Well the Sanae thing was ended pretty anticlimactically, I thought, with only one scene being devoted to it. Also the whole Sanae thing took a back seat to the Manoyama woodworking town restoration plot. I would have preferred Sanae to get the focus for an episode, but I guess it makes sense that Yoshino would bring all that stuff up while personally learning about the woodworking trade. I just thought it could have had more impact behind it if they gave it its own episode. That being said, the progression of the overarching plot in general seems to be very gradually, which is honestly fine with me as long as a bunch of different aspects of the town are slowly revitalized. Maybe the characters that aren't too notable right now will also gradually develop into something interesting by the end of the show.
May 12, 2017 3:33 AM

Jul 2014
I think a change if perspective was what needed for our queen and the girls to finally create a right path for themselves.

100 years for its creation? I kind of feel sad that none of our girls will end up witnessing it once its finished...
May 13, 2017 4:30 AM

Nov 2011
I like how they made history more credible, spreading over the years the city's rebirth. Another factor I have enjoyed so far is the fact that I have shown Sanae's character, both in the private and in the public. These multiple situations have made his character much more complete than the other girls. Fortunately, during this phase of further characterization of Sanae, the narrative has also made it possible to make known the rest of the cast. Who knows how it will become the railway station at the end of the renovation work. Beautiful sandals carved by Tatsuo. I can not wait to see the next step in history.
May 15, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2014
So glad their little project worked, I had hoped they would cease the 100-year long plan with the rebuilding and all as it just seems to be unreasonable, nonetheless they quite perfectly integrated the wood cutting into their new promotion material, I liked the short scene with the "housewifes" being in awe of that guy's work.

Lufwa said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
i always get thrown off when the next ep PV dude says an english word in an American accent lol

Yeah, I await Sandal-san's sweet accent every week lol.

Great episode, for some reason this anime always hits me with some feels, so weird. Really liked the integration fo their project, I hope they succeed.

LMAO 😂😂
That's a major plottwist yo 👌
5 episodes in and only now have I realized that this sandal Character is the original creator AND he is the one who does the preview in that weird ass accent everytime, I literally just wanted to point that out 😂
Jul 21, 2017 4:40 PM

Aug 2016
I just found our Queen is annoyingly sticky awfully positive all way through her personality. I hate happy people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2016
That was a good episode. I loved it. <3

"I don't think we'll be alive when it's finished." Why would you say that? OHMYGOD. It made me sad. Holy crap.

This episode made me want to ship Sanae x Tatsuo. Hehe. They look cute together. Halp.

Alexandre Cena Davis Celibidache aka Sandal. Maaan, what the hell happened to Sandal? Did he lose his mind or what? And he hitchhiked a police car? Hahahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 8, 2017 4:05 AM

Feb 2014
Is there anything Oden Tenten can't do? She's like one of those visual novel protagonists who have (conveniently) done pretty much every part time job under the sun lol.

For someone who has failed 30 job interviews, Yoshino sure has quite a mature outlook on work.

And I already ship Sanae and the other Sandal-san.
Oct 31, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode, quite liked the progression! Let's see what's next.
Nov 15, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, making some progressive after lat episode's failure.

Sanae finally back on her own feet.

100 years eh? That's way too long.

Things are getting really good now. With all the girls now living in one place, its more livelier now.
Dec 27, 2017 2:43 PM
Sep 2015
Tatsuo talked to megane girl.
I laughed at his story of losing his shoes.
"Cinderella with hairy legs" xD

The MC wants to rebuild the palace using wood? Where would they find the money (and a famous artist)?
I ship Sanae with Tatsuo, that Kazushi guy is too angry anyway.
May 14, 2019 1:06 AM

Jan 2011
Crowdfunding? Hope I don't see them end up in an ep of KickScammers.
May 11, 2020 2:38 PM

Sep 2018
hmm... not sure about this one, I really like it at first but it's kinda just turned into another generic "missfit school club" anime just in a different setting...

Sure some of the characters in our "club" are a bit older than normal, but it's the same formula, and the same cliche forced in "uplifting" messages.

Also, the whole "we must think of the generations after us, they will surely carry on our project" thing. Yah, that isn't how things work. If it was the real world once they all died or move away or lose interest their project would be abandoned and it would be left as an ugly half finished mess. I've lived my life in two different small towns, that's the reality of these sort of projects.

Edit: I think the real reason that the episode upset me so much wasn't to do with anything I said, but that personally I have been grappling with similar issues as Sanae and didn't want to deal with them... well and also I've been ill and easily upset.
KristiwazhereMay 12, 2020 12:05 AM
May 11, 2020 3:39 PM

Sep 2018
LukeLC said:
Warning: minor episode spoilers ahead.

This was a surprisingly fantastic episode. It's all summed up in this:

Now, this breaks a fundamental rule of storytelling: finish what you begin.

I always thought that rule was pertaining to plot lines in a story, not to projects the characters themselves start.
Also, even in the way I stated, it's a western rule of storytelling that eastern story telling, including anime, often times dosen't follow.
KristiwazhereMay 11, 2020 3:56 PM
May 11, 2020 11:36 PM

Sep 2018
kowalski_1123 said:
I'm more bothered on the real name of Sandal...

Alexander Cena Davis Celibidache

Wasn't that the name that shows up in the opening credits for original creator? Lol

It's not the first, or probably the last time, a piece of media is credited to a fictional character. Also, really, in this case it makes sense, as since I used to hang out in medieval re-enactment circles I kinda recognized him right away as the bard of this "kingdom"
Nov 30, 2020 4:48 AM

May 2016
After all they finally brainstormed their ideas and something special came out as a result that can last for decades, a new starting point for our Quee, looking forward to her next project.
Mar 28, 2021 3:48 AM

Feb 2020
Sanae came up with some nice ideas.

SerafosMar 2, 6:32 AM
Aug 8, 2023 5:36 PM

Oct 2022
Agreed on Yoshino there, each individual is different and will left a different mark on other people. Good to see Kazushi acknowledging the girls as well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.