Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2017 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That submission hold by the Tiger the Great is .....pretty rough.

We got some more matches this week to highlight the skills of the wrestlers. I think the Tiger the Great broke the Black Tiger during their match. No mercy at all, damn. Poor guy.
Stark700Apr 1, 2017 1:09 PM
Apr 1, 2017 2:00 PM

Aug 2016
damn, this was episode was so intense! it was amazing. But why was Kevin mad at tiger mask at the end? Why would it be his fault?
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 1, 2017 2:07 PM

Oct 2016
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
damn, this was episode was so intense! it was amazing. But why was Kevin mad at tiger mask at the end? Why would it be his fault?

Emotional reaction. He's mad at Tiger Mask because his somersault knee drop caused the injury that made Dark vulnerable.

Tiger the Great the Third... so he IS Great after all. And nope, no Great in Nisei series. Apparently his father also fought in Tiger's Den ranks but off-screen, between the two series we watched.

Sacrifice. A brutal finisher.
Apr 1, 2017 2:12 PM

Aug 2016
Tiger_The_Great said:
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

Emotional reaction. He's mad at Tiger Mask because his somersault knee drop caused the injury that made Dark vulnerable.

Oh yeah, totaly forgot about that. Thanks!
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 1, 2017 3:22 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. The best one.
Apr 1, 2017 3:45 PM
Feb 2017
Marvelous Episode, hope they keep it up from here till the end.
Is it really confirmed that its a 37 episodes series or could it be more?! (37 is very fitting but i'm frankly entertained, wish it all the success and hoping for a sequel already).
Apr 1, 2017 5:05 PM

Aug 2014
Brutal. Now Tiger Mask can stop fucking around.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 1, 2017 9:39 PM
Sep 2015
As someone who ship Tiger Mask and Tiger the Dark, this episode is explosively good. The identity revealing scene (for Tiger Mask) is clearly as close as confession as possible in this kind of anime.

And music play an important part too! Thanks to Takanashi Yasuharu, he also compose other anime in Winter season elDLIVE and All Out!! which dynamically sound very good, but I'm still not watch his signature anime 'Naruto' and 'Fairy Tail'.

I hope next Otomedia magazine will feature Naoto and Takuma doing leisure activity together (again)

Oh! and everyone see The Third = Yellow Mask coming, and almost everyone think he has some kind of connection to Tiger the Great. But I bet no one predict how he simply call himself Tiger the Great the Third LOL
Apr 1, 2017 11:14 PM
Sep 2015
vincent_vincent said:
Marvelous Episode, hope they keep it up from here till the end.
Is it really confirmed that its a 37 episodes series or could it be more?! (37 is very fitting but i'm frankly entertained, wish it all the success and hoping for a sequel already).

It confirmed as 39, not 37.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/08/listings-give-tiger-mask-w-39-episodes-confirm-10-for-new-haikyu-anime
Apr 2, 2017 3:23 AM

Jan 2015
Pretty intense episode! The best episode until now imo.
Now Naoto has more reasons to defeat Yellow Devil.
Apr 2, 2017 4:01 AM

Jan 2011
Well I think we all saw that defeat coming, and to top it off the reveal between the two we were waiting for.
Apr 2, 2017 8:42 AM

Nov 2009
Nice, what you'd expect from the climax.

Although since I didn't watch the first series, I'm a bit lost as to who Tiger the Great is, the grandfather of the Third... anyone kind enough to enlighten me?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 2, 2017 10:29 AM

Oct 2016
If you bothered to catch up with my posts from the previous episodes' threads, I believe it has been detailed quite well. He was the supreme chief of the Tigers' Den in the original series, their strongest, fastest, technically best and most violent wrestler.
Apr 2, 2017 1:51 PM
Jul 2014
And actually Mr. X. Great Episode.
Apr 2, 2017 1:55 PM

Oct 2016
Mr. X? Nah. During Hell in the Hole, Great and X stood side by side. Same in ep 3, they approached Takuma together. X ain't Great, not by a long shot.
Apr 2, 2017 2:02 PM
Jul 2014
Look when in this episode The third talks about his grandfather and how he is different from him, Mr. X is showed then.

I say that actual Mr. X is old The Great and grandfather of The Third, but now i remember some episode when actual Mr. X says that he is the son of the old Mr. X and i'm doubtfull...
Apr 2, 2017 4:55 PM

Oct 2016
Haaaa, no way that X is old Great. That one DIED in Episode 105...

Shown here (ITA DUB)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqeTXzoBAfQ

Additionally, it's been told several times that the first Tigers' Den was essentially destroyed when he died at the hands of Tiger Mask, the first. The reason that Mr. X scene was shown is because of Great's portrait in the room.
Tiger_The_GreatApr 2, 2017 5:19 PM
Apr 3, 2017 2:45 AM
Jul 2014
Yes, but they can revive him as a plot device. Same as original Naoto, he can be revived. In this series he is disappeared when in the original manga it's not the same.
Apr 3, 2017 4:54 AM

Oct 2016
Naoto Date is a different case. In the aftermath of 105, he merely left, disappearing without a trace and this is how he has been considered missing in THIS series. Nisei in which he is said to have died (that being common knowledge even) never happened apparently. As for Great, he died on-screen in 105 and was reported dead in this series early on. It wouldn't make sense to revive him. We have a worthy successor to him which is The Third and this will be enough.
Apr 3, 2017 6:44 AM
Jul 2014
But Naoto died in the original manga too, not only in Nisei. Anyway, we should keep watching the series to know the answers, i think that it's very possible. Autors can rewrite series as they like.
Apr 3, 2017 6:57 AM
Feb 2017
Tsuguni said:
But Naoto died in the original manga too, not only in Nisei. Anyway, we should keep watching the series to know the answers, i think that it's very possible. Autors can rewrite series as they like.

How did he die in the Manga? and is the fate of Mr.X and Tiger The great different in the original Manga?
Another question, How different is the Nisei Manga from the Anime?

Thanks.
Apr 3, 2017 7:00 AM
Jul 2014
Apr 3, 2017 2:39 PM

Oct 2016
- How did he die in the Manga?
Frankly I remember nothing of him dying in the manga. Unless it's Nisei manga which I heard is based on the Nisei anime, not a direct sequel to the original manga.

- and is the fate of Mr.X different in the original Manga?
He survives along with the three executives which are just executives, not obscenely strong wrestlers.

- and is the fate of Tiger The great different in the original Manga?
There is none. Tiger the Great does not exist and Miracle 3 as a single person also does not. There are three Miracle 3's instead and a heel-only Tiger Mask double with steel fangs in the mask but Tiger the Great himself does not even exist.

- Another question, How different is the Nisei Manga from the Anime?
Heck if I know but judging from the "Naoto dead" claim above, it ain't much different.

Apr 3, 2017 5:41 PM
Jul 2014
If i remember well, that happen in Tiger Mask manga and not in nisei, even wikipedia say it.
Apr 4, 2017 5:52 AM
Feb 2017
Tiger_The_Great said:
- How did he die in the Manga?
Frankly I remember nothing of him dying in the manga. Unless it's Nisei manga which I heard is based on the Nisei anime, not a direct sequel to the original manga.

- and is the fate of Mr.X different in the original Manga?
He survives along with the three executives which are just executives, not obscenely strong wrestlers.

- and is the fate of Tiger The great different in the original Manga?
There is none. Tiger the Great does not exist and Miracle 3 as a single person also does not. There are three Miracle 3's instead and a heel-only Tiger Mask double with steel fangs in the mask but Tiger the Great himself does not even exist.

- Another question, How different is the Nisei Manga from the Anime?
Heck if I know but judging from the "Naoto dead" claim above, it ain't much different.

Thanks buddy, So who is the head of Tiger Den in the Manga? and who did Tiger Mask fight against in the final Manga Volume?
Apr 7, 2017 6:58 PM

Oct 2008
Tiger the Great the Third (a.k.a. Yellow Devil) is really strong and Tiger the Dark (a.k.a. Takuma) didn't even stand a chance!
4/5.

Apr 8, 2017 1:41 PM
Mar 2012
This war game arc's been quite intense.
Takuma!!!!!
Apr 15, 2017 4:42 AM

Jun 2015
Nobody can stop SE SURDO...where's Shibata?
May 2, 2017 8:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Tiger the Third is the son of the Tiger the Great, and he is the Tiger the Great Third!!! O__O i hope that his mother not be a fighter too xD

Tiger the Dark, loses the fight, and his identity was discover!!! Naoto was very surprised ; _ ; and sad ; _ ;
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM
Nov 2021
Os caras da Monopoly dando tempo pq é a galera da empresa dela para lutar na final kkkkkkkkkkkk
Essa revelação do Tiger the Third me pegou de surpresa. Eu não estava esperando.
A revelação do Takuma para a galera eu achei que seria lá pro final, quando o Tiger Mask fosse encarar o Yellow Devil após se enfrentarem na semi.
Kevin culpando o Tiger Mask foi sacanagem, ja que ele não tem culpa. Mas tambem, não consiguiria imaginar o Tiger Mask ganhando dele agora.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2017

16 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.