Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 30, 2017 3:57 AM

May 2013
Huex3 said:
Krasa said:

Fact is they didn't, and we're going to be forced to watch another full season to receive any closure.

That's because they can't fit the current chapters in 1 season. They need at least 18-20 episodes if they want to properly adapt it. The last 3 episodes were heavily crammed (10 chapters in 3 episodes) when they used to do 2 chapters=1 episode from episode 1 to episode 9.

Anyway you might've misunderstood. The manga was announced to be in its climax which means it is "near ending" I didn't say it's already over. They can't end it yet because they ran out of source material to animate.

No yea, I gotcha. I don't know what you meant by the scene after the play but I'm betting it would give it a satisfactory closure to the season, similar to Kimi ni Todoke.
Mar 30, 2017 10:58 PM

Nov 2014
People who act as thou the kiss Masamune gave Aki during the school play counts as a romantic development are seriously fucked up in their head.

That really is the biggest problem with this show. For all his efforts to get close to Aki, Masamune comes off as abrasive, self-righteous and egoistic at best. The fact that Aki has even some kind of lingering feelings for Masamune is fucking travesty, and an insult to humanity. This "romance" is absolutely disgusting and detestable. I would never in a hundred years root for Masamune. Aki is not very polite to other people, but at least she doesn't push herself onto others.
Mar 31, 2017 5:36 AM

Jan 2016
Because the name deceived us, we expected a revenge story but it turns to another cliche harem. i expected that Masamune takes his revenge and be a couple with Neko

Mar 31, 2017 12:59 PM
Jun 2013
The score completely dropped for me after i heard that they ended the episode in the middle of the fake-arc.

That's cruel. The way this all got resolved in the manga was absolutely amazing and if they would have done one more episode and a bit less stupid fanservice it would have fit perfectly.

But they took the easy choice.
They wanted to advertise the manga and wanted to include fanservice, in turn leaving out important story bits, that would have been more reward-able to watch, just to fish in a few more views.
Don't get me wrong- i do like myself some fanservice but if it's just there to be fanservice and nothing else, there is really no point in defending it. Especially if the story does not get resolved because of it.

The manga in itself starts of generic, too but it makes a turn that was not shown in the anime, which could have actually saved the entire show.
The first few episodes were really great and story and character focused but everything afterwards felt empty.

I was hoping they would end the arc, since it would have been the perfect choice but now the viewer is left with a lot of questions, which have been so masterfully answered in the manga.
In fact you could almost say the manga inverted all the typical stereotypes you see in the anime to achieve something better, yet the anime did not and choose to make the MIDDLE of the arc the climax.

With what little is left of the story i find it hard to think, that there even will be a second season.
ONE MORE EPISODE was all it would have taken. Hell, if you want fanservice included so much, make it 24 episodes. The pacing would be super shitty but at least you would be able to include EVERYTHING.
Mar 31, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2008
Renaultclio101 said:
I enjoyed it but can not understand how it was at the top 8s and now it is not even 7.5.

Are viewers being biased or thinking this is some sort of shoujo, shonen black butler style.

Can someone please explain why they have rated this show poorly ?

I feel like viewers are missing something or lack to enjoy a nice decent series

LOL perhaps your taste is just like that, if u really enjoyed this... a lot of people around here watch the first ep and give some random rating and after they either digest the truth or finish it change their rating accordingly this is rather normal for a lot of anime rated around here.

This anime had a nice start but was not exceptional in anyway, at best a 5, but then again that is my own opinion and others mileage will vary.

There were some amusing parts but again nothing exceptional, so I am rather confused on why you're giving it such a high rating or defending it...

If it was perhaps Oregairu or Hyouka, but this...

Tiemuuu said:
I congratulate anyone who found themselves enjoying the last 3 episodes of this turd. Overall there was nothing enjoyable about this anime. The show teased about what might happen deeper into the storyline, but in the end we got zero progression. What a joke.

Exactly! Well written.
namedriskMar 31, 2017 4:37 PM
Apr 1, 2017 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
Mostly just the fake Masamune part and the absolutely disappointing ending.

When I first started watching it, it was definitely promising but it just started dipping as more episodes came out. I actually enjoyed the first few episodes, too.
Apr 1, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2015
Definitely the disappointing ending (though a lot of romance anime pull this sorta thing to get you to read the manga) and the fact that the main character's goal wasn't achieved or what would've been better- him coming close to achieving it and as he does so his feelings change which wasn't shown very well or at all in the anime. He was still bent on getting his revenge. The "fake" Masamune storyline was so useless and irrelevant as well.

If anything, I'd say the OST for the show was pretty good, e.g. the first track heard in the first episode.

How it should've gone:

->Masamune and his goal is introduced
->Masamune manages to meet Aki
->Masamune learns more about her and they grow closer
->Gets her to fall in love with him
->Manages to get her confess
->Now has the choice of destroying her or accepting her feelings
->Due to growing closer to her he's actually taken a liking and accepts instead
->The end

I'm sure the manga is probably slowly doing this in it's own time, but the anime should've made a full story IMO.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Apr 1, 2017 8:47 AM

Oct 2008
saeed1m said:
Because the name deceived us, we expected a revenge story but it turns to another cliche harem. i expected that Masamune takes his revenge and be a couple with Neko

It was very bait and switch ,to say the least.
Apr 1, 2017 9:17 AM

Feb 2017
In my opinion, the score dipped so drastically because the last three episodes failed to live up to the progression that Neko's mini-arc brought.

To me, Neko's mini arc (episodes 6,8,and 9) is by far the best thing to happen to this show. When she was first introduced, I (along with others) were ready to write her off as nothing more than a plot device, a means to just cause more drama for the story. Before episode 8, my personal score for this was no more than about a 7.5. I thought that the show was heading into almost irredeemable levels of generic, and the less and less focus that the supposed "revenge plot" got was taking away the one part of the show that didn't feel so generic (besides maybe the OST). But then suddenly, Neko's arc came and redeemed not only Neko as a character, it revitalized the "revenge plot", and it generally made for the most entertaining part of this anime. For most of that two week period between episode 8 and 9, the show was actually treading up into the 8/10 range, and I actually felt excited to see where the story went. I was ready to sing this show's praises, and proclaim it to be something that's worth watching/picking back up.

Sadly, the magic of the Neko arc absolutely did not carry into what was honestly a pretty lackluster final arc for this anime. Although I don't hate the introduction and use of Fake-Masamune as much as some people do, he kinda felt flat, along with the remaining episodes of the show. Granted, I still watched every episode the day of, and I still generally enjoyed watching this, but it definitely did not live up to the ending that i was hoping for. Instead, we had the "Snow White" conflict end five minutes into the last episode, got treated to an out-of-place karaoke scene, and an ending that was inconclusive and bland.

It's not even the fact that it was open-ended, as other shows this season such as Youjo Senki gave viewers an ending that was solid enough, and still had that contiuation being hinted. It's just the simple fact that, like a lot of the show, the ending arc was enjoyable enough to watch, but not much else after one viewing. My personal ratings for this show went from almost an 8, to about a 7 for the entire show, which is right in line with the rating it has now.

In the end, this show pulled you in with an interesting premise, only to have its significance be next to none, at times. At the end, you're kinda left thinking, "what was the point of this?" The only things that save this show from being in the low 6/10 range for me is the Neko arc, and the OST
BushyParrotApr 1, 2017 9:28 AM
Jun 19, 2017 5:38 AM

Sep 2014
For me the show started off strong but has really turned into a slog to get through, I only have 3 eps left and I'm debating whether to drop it or not.
Jun 19, 2017 5:54 AM
May 2017
I'm gonna lie it was really good then episodes 10-12 happened and it just completely killed it for me, seriously my interest level dipped so damn low that I gave no damns about it by the end
Jun 26, 2017 7:52 PM

Jun 2013
From what i heard it wasnt adapted closely
Jun 30, 2017 5:38 PM

Feb 2013
Generic harem with annoying bitch as main love interest and it does not even have an ending - ends with nothing achieved. Yeah...
Jul 23, 2017 3:17 AM

Sep 2016
Simply, it's because the ending is so disappointing. The whole series is quite interesting, especially when the neko confession flag and theater flag are very interesting, but the ending is bad.

No legitimate attempt at resolving the main plot. Any of the following endings would've been better.

Like, seriously, 10 minutes of Karaoke? Really? I was sat there the whole episode waiting for some kind of resolution, and instead we got Gasou getting fucked over, and Masamune making no attempt to exact his revenge, or even go back at it.
Dec 16, 2017 1:11 PM
Sep 2015
_Ako_ said:
Why?

Because Neko ship sunk. That's why.

Yeah basically...
Jul 31, 5:56 PM

Mar 2016
The show just sucked, thats it; it went from a 8 to 2 for me; one of the worst romcom anime ive seen; lowest scoring sol anime for me. Go watch Roshidere or Nisekoi instead
Sep 26, 12:21 PM

Jan 2018
For me I just think it's fine. It was entertaining enough to finish but I'm not compelled to start the next season so giving it a mid rating makes sense.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2017

226 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 10, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

373 by DirtMcGurt36 »»
Aug 26, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2017

172 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 26, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2017

209 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 23, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2017

194 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 23, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.