Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series really has a thing for suplexes. Well, I think it was an okay episode.

Yellow Tiger Mask's opponent is more skilled than I had anticipated despite how ridiculously he looks in that outfit. Red Tiger Mask's fight was rough although kinda ended fast after he got the advantage.
Oct 29, 2016 2:29 PM
Feb 2015
i dont understand why this show is so low rated
Oct 29, 2016 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
funny scenes with fukuwara mask which i think is based on real wrestler Kikutaro

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Oct 29, 2016 3:07 PM
Aug 2016
Kirouch said:
For the animation. I like it but the animation is for most part really cheap and can put off many people.

There is 1 thing I know about anime , foils characters are usually secret badass.The episode was little slow with nothing really remarkable but it can some start up for something arc next
Oct 29, 2016 3:18 PM
Feb 2015
Big_Gammy said:
Kirouch said:
For the animation. I like it but the animation is for most part really cheap and can put off many people.

There is 1 thing I know about anime , foils characters are usually secret badass.The episode was little slow with nothing really remarkable but it can some start up for something arc next
yeah the animation is the only thing i dont really like but i'ts not that bad
Oct 29, 2016 3:20 PM

Sep 2015
has anyone heard how long this series is going to be? As long as it's predecessors?

Also, I really liked this episode but if the pace goes as slow as it did in this episode, I hope that the series is going to be at least 50+ episodes.
Oct 29, 2016 3:28 PM

Oct 2016
I saw somewhere that 39 eps are planned in total.

I loved this one. Almost entire episode worth of pure action. Tiger the Dark actually shines there more than Tiger Mask. GWM's BR was much more serious in tone than NJPW's.

Big_Gammy said:
Kirouch said:

That's Toei for you. I haven't seen a show they haven't screwed up on the visual department one way or another. Eventually I understood that this comes with the territory when I'm watching something made by that studio.
Oct 29, 2016 3:45 PM
Oct 2016
This anime is pretty good. Just overall fun in an era where anime takes itself way too seriously or not seriously enough.

As for low scores? Sure, some of the animation is sloppy (makes sense since its 40 episodes) but I also think it doesn't cater to this generation of anime viewers (aka compare it to every other show atm).

Like, if this were made in the 80s or 90s, you'd see more people referencing it in the way they reference Golgo 13, Lupin, or City Hunter or something. It's just kind of ridiculous in that old school type of way.
Oct 29, 2016 4:11 PM

Aug 2016
Embryo-sama said:

I loved this one. Almost entire episode worth of pure action. Tiger the Dark actually shines there more than Tiger Mask. GWM's BR was much more serious in tone than NJPW's.

Big_Gammy said:

That's Toei for you. I haven't seen a show they haven't screwed up on the visual department one way or another. Eventually I understood that this comes with the territory when I'm watching something made by that studio.
Embryo-sama said:

Big_Gammy said:

39 episodes? what are they gonne do in all of those :o
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 30, 2016 5:34 AM

Aug 2009
Still riding on a high from ep 4, some good in ring wrestling animation, from the start it was obvious to me that the joker guy in the mask was doing those things on purpose - dont judge the book by its cover. It was still ok. I am wondering will we see an ally for Tiger Mask like Giant Baba?
Oct 30, 2016 11:25 AM
Dec 2010
Embryo-sama said:

Yeah, some here. This was a very welcome change from the previous episode. Especially loved how they managed to make Honma look even more ridiculously orange than he is in real life.

Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

Lots and lots of Tiger Drivers, Tiger Suplexes, Tiger Driver '91s, etc.

And hopefully at some point an Emerald Frowsion and a Burning Hammer.
Oct 30, 2016 12:09 PM

Oct 2016
Gsimp said:
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:

Lots and lots of Tiger Drivers, Tiger Suplexes, Tiger Driver '91s, etc.

And hopefully at some point an Emerald Frowsion and a Burning Hammer.

Well, frankly, it might become even more interesting. In TM, there were treats like cagefighting (I remember twice, with Black Python and Universe Mask), in-ring hypnosis (Jungle King, lol), jawbreaking attempts (Red Death Mask), fighting on a cruise ship (Samson), or on a ring floating in the middle of a swimming pool (Piranha Man) or in so-called Spiderweb ring (basically an actual net hanged REAL HIGH, the opponent was Devil Spider) and plenty other awesome stuff.

Tiger Mask Nisei used a different formula. Most of the time it took several episodes to put a wrestler out of business, not so much due to match length but the concept of several matches involving an opponent.

To that we can add entire episodes devoted to grim social stuff (TM1) or off-the-ring assassination attempts (both TM1 and TM2). I suppose we can expect some of that action here as well.
Oct 30, 2016 4:26 PM
Jul 2014
Embryo-sama said:
in-ring hypnosis (Jungle King, lol)

They still do that lol. Maria's ass has hypnotised Karl Anderson and Captain New Japan on multiple occasions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYlz4ID6dFw

Don't know much about Kikutano but the guy in the mask reminded me of Toru Yano..especially the rope thing and clumsy movement comedy relief gimmick while still being capable of pulling off upsets with those dirty tricks. Plus he's always shilling CHAOS DVD's much like Fukuwara mask was endlessly trying to sell his keychains.

Hope we'll see them adapt The Elite...watched their last show and these are the sort of antics the guy whos's going to headline their biggest show is up to lol, they'd be right at home in this setting
https://gfycat.com/BestPettyBorzoi
Oct 31, 2016 2:04 AM

Oct 2016
Low_Ki said:
Embryo-sama said:
in-ring hypnosis (Jungle King, lol)

They still do that lol. Maria's ass has hypnotised Karl Anderson and Captain New Japan on multiple occasions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYlz4ID6dFw

I meant actual hypnosis. You look into the guy's eyes, he tells you to give up, you comply.

BUT I stand corrected. Apparently that didn't happen. Blame LOUSY Italian translation which took one too many liberties with the source material and even worse Polish translation that is based off of it for my mistake.

Jungle Cobra (called Re Jungla, Król Dżungli in both translations respectively, translatable to Jungle King) actually fought a very smart psychological war instead of outright cheating his way out of having to fight a match proper. He talks to the opponent to put him off balance. In case of Tiger Mask, I recognized the words "yellow devil", ergo he was throwing TM's heel past into his face.

Apparently Italian translators didn't like that angle so they changed it to outright hypnosis.

I sent the full series to ThanosDC a while ago. Hopefully he found a translator and we'll find out more.

OK, I'll end this off-topic I started myself - sorry about that.
Oct 31, 2016 5:55 AM

May 2014
Ryu is so cute, from his design to his voice xD
He's being jobbed pretty good though which is unfortunate, but just seeing him is enough for me.

Episode was good, I wonder if this Fuka mask guy will become something more important later.
He's making himself weak on purpose, and what were those scars?

Oct 31, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
well that was a cheap way to win about Fukuwara mask besides he's just weird
Oct 31, 2016 6:07 PM

Feb 2008
Big_Gammy said:
Kirouch said:

This might shock you, but currently Tiger Mask W might be the best animated Toei show currently airing lol. After Precure, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Super, this almost looks great.

Fukuwara Mask is an interesting foe. For a second I thought he might be Tiger the Dark's father (because these middle aged men all look the same to me here lol) but it's not, his hair is spiky and it would be a dumb twist. I do wonder what his story will be. Those scars are most likely from a match so he's pulling the same thing as Tiger Mask (fighting undercover).

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 31, 2016 11:50 PM

Mar 2014
ZetaZaku said:
Big_Gammy said:

This might shock you, but currently Tiger Mask W might be the best animated Toei show currently airing lol. After Precure, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Super, this almost looks great.

Are you even watching DBS? Surely not, because the current arc is >> TGW in animation production.
Nov 1, 2016 1:06 AM
Mar 2016
i laugh after watching Okada, unfortunately no rainmaker in this anime xD
my favorite wrestler in NJPW and get animated, wow ... this is my favorite show now
Nov 1, 2016 11:20 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
separtes lifes, paralel lives!!!! Two cousins with the same final, defeat a ....grssss
Nov 2, 2016 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
Another fun show. Tiger The Dark seems pretty babyfaceish so far, will be interesting to see whether that remains and whether or not New Japan gets someone to take his gimmick like they did with Ibushi.
Nov 3, 2016 9:55 PM

Oct 2008
Fukuwara Mask is actually pretty strong huh!
They both have Battle Royale on the same day!
4/5.

Nov 10, 2016 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
Tiger Mask has learned what a Battle Royal is all about.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.