Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 2, 2008 10:20 AM

Dec 2007
Introduction:
Let's start with saying this is a game. Game where one person, (from now on, Author) writes a mystery story, up to the point where the result is being discovered. The task of contestants is, basing on hints from author and testimonies from other contestants, deduct who commied the crime, and present the history/their train of thought.

RULES:
1. To enlist write in the separate topic. People will be chosen from there by the order they enlisted.
Let's say there are 12 people in total. People from positions 1-6 participate in first case, 7-12 in second.
This is for keeping order, besides providing different scenarios for 20 people is a bit too much work.

2. Only selected people can participate at one time max. Let's say there are 18 people enlisted when second case starts. You enlisted second time as no 9, and maximal number of contestants is 6. You are automatically moved to last place, namely 18th, and moved to third case.
This is to allow as many people as possible play, and not stall game on only few people.

3. One of the participants is chosen by author as "culprit" - he is to act like everyone else, trying to solve the case. This is to eliminate the possibility of "auto-guess", where you deduct the culprit only by noticing he doesn't speak.

4. Participants recieve hints on enviroment from author, and testimonies from other Participants. Both are written in Case File. Every participant recieves plan of his own actions by PM, included in this are encounters with other prtcps.

GUESSING

1. No Guessing per se. Every nomination have to be backed up by story, and explanation how you got that.
2. Nominations are being sent to author by PM.
3. Sent nominations are marked in the case topic(from now on called case file). (e.g.<Nomination sent to author>)
4. Nominations are being accepted/rejected by author in case file.
5. Only one nomination at one time. That is, don't send nomination if last one hasn't been accepted/rejected yet.
6. The winner recieves a banner with "culprits" profile pic, with his nick and written "I managed to see through xxx crime" with xxx being criminal's name.
7. Culprit wins if every contestant gives up. The story is then being unfold by author.

And most important. THINK! And this is a rule both to authors and contestants. to Authors - make hints/contradictions subtle, yet possible to find.
to Contestants - don't guess. Find a contradiction/problem and base your strategy/solution on that.

If you have any problems with understanding the rules - write here, I'll try to explain them.
MauroxMar 2, 2008 10:28 AM

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 2, 2008 3:54 PM

Dec 2007
Concerning Calamity's post in the signup thread - I thought it would be more approporiate to write it here.

About signing up:
Well just write in the case topic that you would like to take part in that case. First five people who sign in go into the case. Why 5? that's because author - this time means me - has to write a different story for each of the characters, which to simply put is a bit of pain in the a$$. Right now We have three writers, so if we get some more maybe we'll be able to lead more cases at once.

I know five people is a bit small number, but think of my situation ^_^'

Now, what you should do. After I finish all of the members' stories, I'll announce it here, and possibly create new private club for that case... Well I might try to do it in this club, if you'll behave nicely and people who aren't in the case won't write in there (think of it as a play - some get roles and some doesn't, and those who get roles can play, the rest can only watch) we won't trouble MAL mods ^_^'

Anyway, after I finish all of the stoies, I'll send every member that signed himself up in this topic a PM with his "story of the day" - list of activities he done, the way he remembers it at the moment the crime scene is discovered. I think i'll stick to imputing info via conversations - you have to filter useful informations out of them.
After I send all of the stories, I'll post a topic, describing beginning of a story

"everything begins at hour..., when you are being called to room of..., and informed that a crime took place there. After you get to the room you see doors are opened/closed, and inside you notice a big room. On the opposite wall there is a window, to your left is a desk with PC, and to the right..."

Then in the topic you ask me questions like "Is the window opened or closed", "are there any drawers in the desk", "Are the drawers locked" etc, etc. I only describe the enviorment. The rest of the clues you get from testimonies of other users.

Also, one of the users is the criminal - he will behave like the rest of you, but somewhere in his testimony he will lie. Basing on different testimonies, and your own experience you are to catch the criminal - what he lied about and what is the truth. After you think you uncovered the criminal's true story, and who did the crime, you write the author (in this case - me) a PM, describing how the story really went. After you send me the PM, write in the topic that you did so, so that others' don't have to write unnescesarily. After I read "your" story, I'll compare it with original and either accept it or decline it.
Also, if you see someone already is writing me a story, don't write your own. Wait until my message appears, declining or accepting the last story.

On the last note, criminal may also use bluffs, writing that he sent me a story. a note for criminals, kinda obvious, but - don't write me a PM. Simply state that you did so in the topic. After all, I know that you are a criminal, and will "cover" for you in such situation.

Hope that cleared that topic a bit ^_^

Oh yeah, and most of the time when I refer to myself here - I mean author in general. I hope to get more people coming up with stories so that we can have as much people playing as possible... So then if someone else comes up with a story - send PMs to him, not me. I might take part in a few stories as well... I just don;t know how my managerial skills are, so forgive me any inconvenience on my part, please ^_^'

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» MAL Mystery Club Case #1 - "The Ricochet Cue Ball" ( 1 2 )

Maurox - Mar 4, 2008

91 by Th5creator »»
Dec 2, 2013 6:26 AM

» Old Case

asdfasdffdfdf - Mar 3, 2008

5 by nothing »»
Mar 5, 2008 11:18 AM

» Case #1 - Sign up (closed)

Maurox - Mar 2, 2008

8 by Nobleman »»
Mar 3, 2008 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.