Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 25, 2016 8:47 AM

Feb 2015
I just finished the two seasons of Chihayafuru and I thought its awesome. The show hit me and I cant help but situate myself along side Karuta Club members in playing Karuta. However, like all the fans, I demand a season 3 and so on. But if there is something Im looking forward to beside the National Karuta Tournament and the Queen and Master Match, its the relationship of Chihaya with Arata and Taichi. I think Taichi scores more for me but I wanna know what you think. 😆
Feb 12, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2015
Taichi!! for me too.
I like Arata at the beginning of the series but now I am really in love with Taichi.
For salty fans
Feb 12, 2016 10:38 PM

Feb 2015
Its true I prefer Chihaya and Taichi but in the manga, Chihaya has fallen in love to Arata. Are you aware?
Feb 13, 2016 2:58 AM

Nov 2015
Kyou_Tadashi said:
Its true I prefer Chihaya and Taichi but in the manga, Chihaya has fallen in love to Arata. Are you aware?
I do read the manga and the summaries for untranslated chapters.

Chihaya fell in love with Arata? She hasn't even given him a reply yet.
For salty fans
Feb 14, 2016 2:39 AM
Feb 2016
Could you two please warn about Spoilers? :( (at least from the Manga ;) )

I really hope for ChihayaXArata.
Why? I really dont know. Taichi would truly deserve it but it doesnt feel alright.
I dislike his behavior in the first few episodes and also in the beginning of season2. I think he loves Chihaya right from the start and is supporting her a lot (even is working against his own feelings). But I think she loves the game sooo much that she needs someone who equally loves the game.
Feb 14, 2016 7:24 AM

Jan 2016
Am I weird if I say... Chihaya x Shinobu?

XD
Feb 14, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2012
Taichi all the way. But honestly, with the way the series is going, it'll be either no one or Arata end game.
Feb 15, 2016 8:02 AM

Oct 2012
Mayuka said:
Taichi all the way. But honestly, with the way the series is going, it'll be either no one or Arata end game.

You really think so? After 138 I thought TaiChihaya was over for good, but after everything that happened, mostly NOW
, I really don't see Chiharata happening. I mean, it could still happen, but seems kind of weird after everything. I thought I was biased for being a TaiChihaya shipper, but a lot of people agree with me, which makes me optimistic.
And I doubt Chihaya will end up alone, because Suetsugu REALLY built up a love triangle in the series. It would be interesting, though, I guess (?). I even saw some people saying that she would end up with Shinobu, haha. Who knows, right?
I can only hope for TaiChihaya, but I'm still not sure.
The next chapters are probably the ones that are going to reveal that. The stage was settled on chapter 162, now we just need to wait and see...
Feb 15, 2016 8:05 AM

Mar 2008
Sep 23, 2016 7:07 AM
Aug 2008
I prefer Chihaya ends up with Taichi. I like Arata but Taichi all the way!
Oct 3, 2016 11:02 PM
Sep 2016
I just finish watching the 2 season + the manga and for me it has to be Taichi X Chihaya just remembering the past episode Arata did nothing but play karuta except during there elementary but is that enough.. Arata only play karuta because of his grand father and not because of chihaya but Taichi play karuta just to be with Chihaya its really sad that Taichi got rejected and Arata has a chance..
Chihaya can play Karata even without Arata but Chihaya can't play karuta when Taichi quit and her game back when she know that Taichi did'nt really quit Karuta
Oct 3, 2016 11:13 PM

Sep 2015
ChihayaXArata

Just cause the teacher should end up with the student. Not trying make it sound wrong
Nov 1, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2014
Chihaya and Arata... hey is the manga finished yet
Nov 3, 2016 5:59 AM

Dec 2015
Chihaya x Taichi for me
and I don't know why but I prefer Arata x Shinobu

QueenSapphireNov 3, 2016 6:02 AM
May 13, 2017 8:07 AM
May 2017
Chihaya X Arataa!!<3

I recently finished watching the anime and spent the entire day catching up with the manga and i definitely ship Chihaya X Arata. They are the absolute cutest and both have a strong passion for karuta. But i see there are a lot of taichixchihaya shippers out there. Tbh i didnt like his personality as a kid but everything got better when he grew older. but noww, in the latest chapter of chihayafuru i dont like his playing style. its like hes not even respecting the opponent): just what did suou teach him

i really hope chihayafuru gets a season 3, it will definitely be a big hit
ammuuMay 13, 2017 8:12 AM
Jun 24, 2017 8:13 AM

Dec 2013
I dont particularly shipping on any pair, so long the story deliver it at best (as always), I'm gonna buy whoever Chihaya ended up with. But if I have to choose one, I prefer Taichi by a very small margin.
Oct 19, 2017 9:51 AM
Oct 2017
omg I was a Chihaya x Arata shipper, but after ***spoilers ahead*** Taichi confesses to her and she completely loses it for a few chapters I think she really loves Taichi. She admires and likes Arata, but her reaction to his confession suits a friendship well.. But for Taichi she still has to realize her own feelings and his role in her life. He was just the best throughout the story. Also he is s badass when he says he's there to be the bad guy (ch 169 I guess..). I am not sure if he can though, he's almost to good for her. Besides all that, if he were really to end up with someone else maybe his relationship with Sumire would've been better developed. I bet he will face Arata for Meijin, he will lose but get the girl in the end. Epic.
Dec 21, 2017 2:17 AM

Feb 2017
I hope it'll be Chihaya and Arata. It fits better.

â˜†°•*.`•è‰¾é—¨°*.`•°â˜†
Jan 28, 2018 3:31 AM

Mar 2014
Chihaya x Taichi all the way, seems hopeless though. At least give him Shinobu?
Apr 6, 2018 4:52 AM
Apr 2018
Arata...I could tell he had feelings for her when he blushed when he delivered her the newspaper. I feel Arata is a better fit for her because while Taichi was busy teasing her that she when she was showing off her sister on the newspaper that she looked like a boy Arata did something he didn't. Arata encouraged her to not be under her sister's shadow and find something she's good at, find herself. While Taichi might just go along with whatever, I see her and Arata compliment each other best. Just like he drive her to find something she love she drive him out of his mourning state. I think because he hasn't played for awhile and they haven't seen each play in years he doesn't recognize her because she's grown in the game... He's the one who drove her to be better even when he wasn't there.
May 1, 2018 11:00 PM
Jan 2018
but... but... *sigh* i know ur right but i love taichi so much i want him to win
May 2, 2018 10:35 PM
Mar 2013
Watching Taichi grow as a character over the series makes me side with him
May 2, 2018 10:43 PM

Apr 2018
ChihayaXTaichi

Not because I dislike Arata, just because I feel bad for Taichi, he is just such an unique character.. with his smart actions, like the indirect kiss

because he knows that chihaya is in love with arata, and he cannot do much about it etc..
May 16, 2018 2:48 AM
Nov 2017
ChihayaXArata. Taichi is mine!
May 26, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2016
Chihaya and Arata all the way
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Sep 9, 2018 12:49 AM

Oct 2012
Chihaya x Taichi from the start.
Sep 9, 2018 1:12 AM

Jun 2011
Chihaya x Arata, I don't really like Taichi, but then I don't really care about Chihaya x Arata tbh, I am more into Shinobu x Arata (Queen x King <3). Chihaya can go with Taichi all she wants as long as I get Shinobu x Arata. (Taichi did feel kind of pitiful though it's relatable, if Chihaya goes with him, he's deserved it, but it feels like a NTR because it's always been Chihaya x Arata from way back in their childhood days)

_Bento said:
ammuu said:
Cmonmon said:
+1 to these, summed up how I feel about the pair. Definitely feel like Chihaya deserves someone who's more passionate at the game and better than her, like Arata. Arata is a huge inspiration for Chihaya and for her love to be reciprocated it would be kind of like having your dream come true and it shows sign of progress after all the hard work.

But my OTP is still Arata x Shinobu.. they have this really nice chemistry going on from the very beginning. Shinobu is a weird ball and Arata is pretty emotionless/not shaken most of the time, it makes the combi kind of funny. Shinobu also tend to get lost in her own world and Arata, while also being a really good player, is someone who can actually manage himself, so I think he's a good balance for Shinobu. You can tell he broke through Shinobu's ice barrier when he found out that she's been sick the entire match with him *kyaaaaahhh* <3
ToG25thBaamSep 9, 2018 1:22 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 24, 2018 6:56 PM
Jan 2016
Finally i add Taichi to my fav chara list after watched 2 seasons of this show. This is the first time i choose a male chara to my list. He deserve to win
Feb 6, 2019 8:25 AM
Apr 2016
Personally, I ship Chihaya x Taichi and Arata x Queen, Taichi deserves Chihaya, while Arata x Queen fit together very well, both personality wise & by looks.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2013

104 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

89 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

76 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

102 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

111 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Today, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.