Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2015 12:43 AM
Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dafuq his violin so huge for?! It's practically a cello.
He's not even playing it correctly, not to mention how much the lower half of it extends way past his shoulder.
My inner orchestra weeb is very annoyed at all these inaccuracies. It's pissing me off lol.

Anyway, the rest of the OVA is too silly and "90s quirky" even for me. "Mother's Final Kick!"
The humor gave me the same feeling I got from Slayers.

I'm very interested in the TV series.
Though apparently it's very different from this, which might be a good thing.
I'll definitely check it out for myself in the future.
Dec 19, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
I knew about this series because I once have read a volume of the manga, but it was a long time ago.
I will definitely check the tv series. This movie was hilarious.
Apr 21, 2016 4:19 PM

Jun 2014
I'm no fan of comedy, but this is, by far, the best anime ever.

• Kingdom is at the brink of destruction. The hero arrives, but gets stucked. He doesn't do anything, but still gets a feast.

• The princess has been kidnapped. The king begs for help. The queen cries. Protagonist asks what he'll get in exchange.

• You can't enter the demon lord's castle without beign noticed. Protagonist disguises two of his party members as stray dogs, while playing violin to create a sad atmosphere. The plan works.

• One of the party members falls in a trap. The other starts screaming her name. Protagonist gets annoyed and throw him into the hole with a Spartan kick.

• The party gets sorrounded by a skeleton army. The protagonist turns his remaining companion into a Megazord. And laugh - like a Light.

• He keeps laughing like a Light.

• He turns his Megazord into a Beyblade. The Beyblade... Destroys half of the castle.

• The party members which... "fell"... arrives at the final boss room, only to get turned into stone by the evil Medusa.

• He calls the final boss stupid: that was just part of his plan (he's a mastermind). He gets his petrified companions and... Throw them at the dreadful beast.

• His companion breaks. And he curses it - he no longer has anything to throw. He decides to turn his last companion into stone as well.

• He enhances his companion feelings (by playing Franz von Suppé), to the point that she starts to fly. She then turns into a horse, only to then use the infamous "Mother's Flying Kick", defeating the final boss.

• He puts up a fucking cool pose, shining, as the sunlight touches his skin.

THE END.

Now, speaking seriously: there's no real story. But it's really not bad if you watch this as a passtime. It's only 30 minutes. They have a start, a development and an ending. I expected something horrible, turned out pretty nice.
Phanyx7Apr 21, 2016 5:04 PM
Aug 22, 2018 12:29 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh my gosh. I wasn't expecting much out of this anime, but it just took me by surprise!
The humor is mmmmm mmmm mmmmmm A+... or at least it made me laugh nearly all the way through.
There's something about main characters, who are pretty much just pieces of crap, that I gotta laugh at. And thankfully, people around him acknowledge his crappy actions and know he's a piece of crap, which heightens the comedy. There's nothing like a ragtag group of heroes where the MC is a piece of crap and everyone knows it but just still tries to proceed with their journeys. Best.

From what I'm reading, we're not getting a full view of these characters, but they're so charming that I can't help but think that if this is just a sample of them then they'd be even better in their final form.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 1, 2023 8:02 AM

Jul 2016
what this first, or the tv?

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.