Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2014 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
So I've recently dove into Love Live! headfirst. I've seen a lot of the PVs, play School Idol Festival, and have seen all the episodes to date. The one thing that's remained particularly ambiguous, much to my dismay, is the pairing. It seems like there are some which are more obvious than others and others that are completely undefined. So who's your favorite shipping? Also please provide a bit of canon evidence.
Ari-OkojoJun 16, 2014 3:47 PM
Jun 16, 2014 12:52 PM
Aug 2012
Me x Nico
Jun 16, 2014 1:15 PM

Aug 2008
Ari-Okojo said:
WatchingYouPost said:
Me x Nico

lol

__

Alpaca x Kotori
Jun 16, 2014 1:41 PM

Mar 2009
Eri x Nozomi, of course.
Jun 16, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
Mormegil said:
Eri x Nozomi, of course.

Me too
Jun 16, 2014 3:42 PM

Aug 2013
Luchianka said:
Mormegil said:
Eri x Nozomi, of course.

Me too

Haha, I can see where your coming from. Are they official though? They're always together but then it seems like Umi's pretty close to Eri too....
Jun 16, 2014 3:56 PM

Aug 2008
Ari-Okojo said:
Luchianka said:

Me too

Haha, I can see where your coming from. Are they official though? They're always together but then it seems like Umi's pretty close to Eri too....
Apparently, they were close friends in the drama CDs and previous music videos before this series.
Jun 16, 2014 4:35 PM

Feb 2014
Ari-Okojo said:
Luchianka said:

Me too

Umi and Eri were close in the drama cds and PV's/singles. They were childhood friends togeteher w/ Honoka. They just change it in the anime.

As for my favourite pairing, I'm on the Maki x Nico ship with Eli x Umi coming close.
Jun 16, 2014 7:49 PM

Mar 2014
For some reason, I don't feel the desire to ship them with each other. It simply doesn't fit with my image of the show. The best I can do is Kotori x Alpaca.
Jun 16, 2014 8:28 PM

Aug 2008
FireKiller87 said:
For some reason, I don't feel the desire to ship them with each other. It simply doesn't fit with my image of the show. The best I can do is Kotori x Alpaca.
You're an absolute winner. Straight up.
Jun 16, 2014 10:24 PM

Mar 2014
destructo22 said:
FireKiller87 said:

Hell yeah. Kotori x Alpaca all the way.

Seriously though, Muse feels like a group of very close friends, not shipping bait.
Jun 17, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
OrangeRafi said:

Umi and Eri were close in the drama cds and PV's/singles. They were childhood friends together w/ Honoka. They just change it in the anime.

As for my favourite pairing, I'm on the Maki x Nico ship with Eli x Umi coming close.

Ahhhh I see, that changes a lot of things. I wonder why they switched her with Kotori... So then was Eri born in Japan? And where did you find the Drama Cds? (I've been looking but so far no luck.)

FireKiller87 said:
destructo22 said:

Seriously though, Muse feels like a group of very close friends, not shipping bait.

While I don like it, I can live with or with out shipping them, I just don't like when it's vague. But I mean it seems like a few pairs are meant to be shipped, like Maki and Nico. I honestly can't imagine them being just friends unless they haven't confessed to each other, which is extremely unlikely.
Jun 17, 2014 7:00 PM

Mar 2014
Ari-Okojo said:
OrangeRafi said:

Umi and Eri were close in the drama cds and PV's/singles. They were childhood friends together w/ Honoka. They just change it in the anime.

Ahhhh I see, that changes a lot of things. I wonder why they switched her with Kotori... So then was Eri born in Japan? And where did you find the Drama Cds? (I've been looking but so far no luck.)

FireKiller87 said:

While I don like it, I can live with or with out shipping them, I just don't like when it's vague. But I mean it seems like a few pairs are meant to be shipped, like Maki and Nico. I honestly can't imagine them being just friends unless they haven't confessed to each other, which is extremely unlikely.

I think Kotori was included in that group of friends in the Drama CD too. Not entirely sure since I haven't listened to them(and probably wouldn't understand 90% of it anyway).
The most I see is teased ships. Like you said, nothing's outright stated, it's all vague. It'd be silly and rather presumptuous of me to say the ships aren't there at all, but it's just my personal preference not to ship them together. I like all of them better as close friends.
Jun 17, 2014 9:52 PM

Nov 2007
My top three pairings (and no, I am not into Yuri, just my thoughts on which pairing looks lovely as irreplaceable friends)

1. Maki and Nico - Maki simply wasn't honest until the eleventh episode of season 2! Their usual banters got them closer than one would imagine over the whole anime. :)

2. Eri and Nozomi - Nozomi seems to understand Eri well, and her back story makes it all too sweet. Needless to say, Eri confines to Nozomi when she is unsure about something, clearly showing how dear Nozomi is to her. :)

3. Eri and Umi - Umi clearly looks up to Eri, more like she treats her like an older sister on whom she can rely on. Someone as strict and dependable such as Umi looking up to Eri has a nice warmth about it. Eri certainly admires Umi for a kouhai, and it has been shown time and again that she always gives importance to Umi's ideas, be it in training, deciding on what to do or even how to set the bar as promising idols. :)

That being said, I love all nine of them. Love Live! is my first school idol anime, and I adored it. I am not sure I will enjoy the other shows in the same genre as much as I did watching Love Live! and I will admit honestly that I will miss this anime like any other anime I truly came to love. Love Live! will be missed when it's over. :')
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 17, 2014 10:39 PM

Feb 2014
Ari-Okojo said:
OrangeRafi said:

FireKiller87 said:

Kotori was part of the group. The four of them were actually childhood friends.
Jun 18, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
OrangeRafi said:
The most I see is teased ships. Like you said, nothing's outright stated, it's all vague. It'd be silly and rather presumptuous of me to say the ships aren't there at all, but it's just my personal preference not to ship them together. I like all of them better as close friends.

Kotori was part of the group. The four of them were actually childhood friends.

I can understand that it's just the other way around for me is all. Ans thanks for clearing that up, that makes a lot more sense.
Jun 18, 2014 3:34 PM

Mar 2009
Ari-Okojo said:
Luchianka said:

Me too

Yes, it's official. I've seen the doujinshi. >__>
Jun 18, 2014 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
Nicomaki for me can't say any word to this
Jun 19, 2014 2:38 AM

Nov 2009
WatchingYouPost said:
Me x Nico

This oh god this!! <3
Jun 19, 2014 9:16 AM

Mar 2010
Rin x Hanayo and Eri x Nozomi are tied for me but I just can't get into Maki x Nico.
Jun 22, 2014 6:54 AM

Aug 2013
ccdewa said:
Nicomaki for me can't say any word to this

What do you mean?
Jun 22, 2014 9:29 AM
Sep 2009
Eri x Nozomi was always my fave right from the beginning. Besides if you heard their Glass of dreams song, I duno how you can even doubt their shipping possibility.

Never understood crazy fascination with Maki x Nico but then again I don't mind them and am pretty cool with almost every pairing out there.

Though Eri x Honoka is probably one of my least favourite.
Jun 22, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
kitten320 said:
Eri x Nozomi was always my fave right from the beginning. Besides if you heard their Glass of dreams song, I duno how you can even doubt their shipping possibility.

Never understood crazy fascination with Maki x Nico but then again I don't mind them and am pretty cool with almost every pairing out there.

Though Eri x Honoka is probably one of my least favourite.

The main reason I'm into Maki x Nico is mostly due to my love for Maki, though I do like Nico too. The chapters from the LN and other things that I've read about them is what really hooked me though.

Oh and I just listened to Glass no Hanazono, I have no doubts now. ^.^
Jun 23, 2014 6:04 PM
Sep 2009
Ari-Okojo said:

The main reason I'm into Maki x Nico is mostly due to my love for Maki, though I do like Nico too. The chapters from the LN and other things that I've read about them is what really hooked me though.

Makes sense, my fave happens to be Eli XD

And good =3
Jun 23, 2014 9:56 PM

Oct 2013
Ari-Okojo said:

I support NicoMaki because Nico's my favorite. I will say Maki is sexy as hell though.
They're getting their own gay duet single too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lys8JHAqA78
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Jun 24, 2014 6:31 AM

Aug 2013
Mayjaplaya said:
I support NicoMaki because Nico's my favorite. I will say Maki is sexy as hell though.
They're getting their own gay duet single too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lys8JHAqA78

Yea, I saw that the other day and am really excited for it. I'm still waiting for the translation though because my Japanese is pretty weak. I have an idea of what they're saying but can't make it out clearly on my own.
Ari-OkojoJun 24, 2014 7:10 AM
Jun 25, 2014 12:38 AM
Feb 2007
Eri x Umi

They've been canon since the music videos. Even in drama cd's. The effing writers of the anime just then decided to ruin things and even have the poor girls in different school years. Muse didn't have to disband if they were in the same year >.>;

I want an Eri and Umi duet too! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Jun 25, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
galimx said:
Maki x Umi <3

I don't think I've ever heard that one before. How come?
Jun 29, 2014 5:13 AM
Sep 2009
rusette said:
Eri x Umi

They've been canon since the music videos. Even in drama cd's. The effing writers of the anime just then decided to ruin things and even have the poor girls in different school years. Muse didn't have to disband if they were in the same year >.>;

Duno, for me major point of the series is that everyone are of different age group and we have whole drama around upcoming graduation.

Without it, it would be a standard idol show what is a bit boring. Like that there at least is some kind of plot and development.
Jun 29, 2014 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
rusette said:
Eri x Umi

Eh... I wouldn't say canon. The manga seems pretty HonoUmi(mostly Umi->Honoka), NicoMaki, and NozoEli/HonoEli (maybe?) to some extent. The current Eli event in Love Live School Idol Festival with a voiced part of the School Idol Diary seems to show (HonoUmi and NozoEli). All the different versions make it difficult to call anything remotely canon except the fact the muse is a tight knit group.

I believe there was a Eli and Umi cover on Love Marginal for one of the live concerts.
kuroikishiJun 29, 2014 5:53 PM
Dec 19, 2015 4:24 AM

Nov 2013
Uh, where did NicoMaki come from? Is it from the manga? They don't seem to be that close in anime.
Dec 23, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2014
jejehartadi said:
Uh, where did NicoMaki come from? Is it from the manga? They don't seem to be that close in anime.

Definitely not close

Eli X Nozomi <3
Jan 1, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2015
Maki x Nico is only at teasing level in the anime, but the extra stuff basically confirms they are a thing without outright saying it's canon.
Nozomi x Eli are more like the soulmates thing, considering how they met. Nozomi did say she thought Eli was just like her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

192 by AnotherWeeb_ »»
Yesterday, 2:54 AM

» What's your favorite song of μ's?

RitzueX - Sep 16

16 by DeTrixter »»
Sep 23, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

138 by MeatyHobbertson »»
Sep 1, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

114 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

144 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.