Forum Settings
Forums

*SPOILER DEBATE* THE GREAT DEBATE: What happened at the end of Code Geass?

New
What Happened to Lelouch at the end?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 8, 2009 5:22 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Yeah, about the code thing, we know Lelouch is a "late-stage" Geass user. It is unclear whether the code can only be transferred to ANY late-stage users. Therefore, Lelouch fits the conditions for Charles to transfer the code. Again, this is nothing but speculation. The author did not provide enough solid proofs of how the code is supposed to work.

I will save the posts here somewhere as good arguments and counter-arguments.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 13, 2009 9:40 PM

Feb 2009
Well that may be true.
But still, there r some points to clearly suggest his death.
For example Lelouch says to CC on Ep.23

"I tried to uncover other paths around it.
But the answer is always the same...that my decision back there is correct."

If he was immortal, it would'nt make much difference,if he's killed or not.
Zero Requiem will not hav great effect on his life as he can continue living in hiding.
And I don't think he's the kind of person to care much for his name,in comparision to world peace.

So the only reason he could hav said those words is because he was genuinly gonna die & theres no other go.

Also CC addresses Lelouch the same way she used to address Marianie, whos physical body has disappeared.
So I guess we can safely conclude that either she was talking to his spirit or referring to him in fond memory.

Another example is Suzaku's tears as he stabbed Lelouch.
The fact that he cried in that perticular moment as he pierced Lelouch suggests that, that perticular moment was his moment of death.
Because if not theres no need to cry on that spot as stabbing him's just an act for the people.
And if u say he was crying because Lelouch has sacrificed his honor, that was something Lelouch had done long ago,the moment he became Emperor.
So Suzaku should be crying when Lelouch ascended throne or somewhere after that & not when this period of his hatred is gonna end.

And if u r gonna collect points, I really appreciate that ^_^

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Oct 21, 2009 1:04 PM
Oct 2009
i think he's dead.

even if he's alive, there's nothing to do. i mean the world is peaceful and all
so it think he's better off dead.

also i think no other nation will try to do what Britannia did.
they think that Zero is alive. and they all know that Zero is a master strategist
Oct 21, 2009 8:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
coldground93 said:
i think he's dead.

they think that Zero is alive. and they all know that Zero is a master strategist

You will be surprised how humans DON'T learn from past mistakes. And Zero is going to die one day and people will forget the tragedy.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 22, 2009 6:21 AM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:
coldground93 said:
i think he's dead.

You will be surprised how humans DON'T learn from past mistakes. And Zero is going to die one day and people will forget the tragedy.

Indeed, just look at the world we live in. Humans do have a tendency to just forget about what mistakes have been made in the past, and then they do it again, and again, and again. Only difference is that the mistakes get amplified each time due to advancing technology.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 27, 2009 4:20 AM

Jul 2009
The ending is sad when suzaku stabbed him o.o
but i will vote that he is alive coz theres proof right?o.o
Oct 27, 2009 5:28 AM

Jan 2009
Mihiko said:
but i will vote that he is alive coz theres proof right?o.o

No there isn't, but there isn't proof that he's dead either.. At least not any solid proof on either.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 31, 2009 5:16 AM

Jun 2009
Alive,,,

Many hints lead me to think he still alive...
Jan 5, 2010 8:05 AM

Jul 2009
New season, possibly name Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya (Code Geass: Jet-Black Renya or Code Geass: Renya of the Blackness)
ZetetsukenJan 5, 2010 8:54 AM
"The best way to live a full life is to be a child, no matter your age." ~ Sakata Gintoki
Jan 5, 2010 7:29 PM

Sep 2007
Franku said:
New season, possibly name Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya (Code Geass: Jet-Black Renya or Code Geass: Renya of the Blackness)

WOW i am sooooo looking forward to that haha xD
Feb 4, 2010 9:36 PM

Sep 2007
Franku said:

From what I understand, this is going to be a manga series taking "place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-07/code-geass/shikkoku-no-renya-manga-to-launch-in-2010

They don't say if it happens before or after the original story, so we are left to speculate. What is up with the person who looks like Lelouch. If this is set in the future, could this mean Lelouch is suffering the same fate as C.C.? o_O

Courtesy of AnimeNewsNetwork
Feb 5, 2010 3:37 AM

Feb 2009
Edo era is in the past...Code Geass was set in the future...so how could lelouch suffer the same fate as CC?

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
Nov 13, 2013 3:49 PM
Nov 2013
What if we go with the fact that C.C. has the power to absorb those she loves into her subconscious? She used to have the power make people love her but now she doesn't because she became a "witch". But as it would seem Marienne was in her subconscious. So what if she absorbed Lelouch into her subconscious to give her the love that she desired in order to live, because that is what her true wish was. This would also mean that Lelouch is indeed "dead", but still also living inside C.C.'s subconscious. As stated before that C.C. is indeed a greedy woman. Meh thinking too much maybe.
Feb 3, 2014 3:28 AM
May 2013
I actually firmly believe he is alive.

1) Nunnally seems to experience the same visions characters have had in the past involving touching a "Code" user. It doesn't seem like she has a "realization" like Tohdoh and Kallen (when they appear to understand the plan from a distance), she specifically sees memories that only Lelouch has. If she was realizing Lelouchs plan why would they show her realization in such a unique way at the exact same moment she touches him?

2) C.C. talking to him at the end. Ok, so Kallen is talking to him but this is a voice-over "diary like" entry, it's not really the same. C.C is lying down on the wagon talking out loud directly to him. Also what she says "The power of the Kings, known as gaess, brings one solitude. Not quite accurate, is it? Right Lelouch". To me that's a massive implication that he is the one driving the cart, and she is referring to how neither of them are in solitude anymore. Why would she speak about solitude being incorrect if he was dead and she was alone again?

Now those to me are the two largest pieces of evidence. There is a video on youtube of a supposed directors cut which shows Lelouch at the end, but I've heard some call it a fake, so I won't use it as evidence. But I'd be interested to know if anyone else knows about this.

Also as a little counter argument to people saying that Lelouch didn't kill Charles therefore he couldn't have had his Code. We are never told/shown that the person with the Gaess has to kill the one with the Code to absorb the Code. V.V. is already severely injured when Charles takes his Code. And he doesn't die right away, in fact he is still alive and has a brief conversation with C.C. before he dies. And the timing of Lelouch achieving the next stage of the Gaess (two eyes) combined with him specifically asking Suzaku to not intefere when Charles grabs his throat makes me think that physical contact was the exact moment he took the Code. We are never told if taking the Code makes a person lose their Gaess. It's perfectly possible that it's the death of the Code user who made the contract which causes the Gaess to disappear. In which case Lelouch could take the Code from Charles, but retain his Gaess because C.C lives.
DouLouFeb 3, 2014 9:00 AM
Sep 25, 2014 3:40 PM
Aug 2014
In the end, I think the answer is that he's alive and dead, but which one depends on which story you're following. From what I've read from interviews combined with the symbolism from the show, I'm under the impression that They originally had lelouch live but later changed the idea, at least for the english version. This means there are 2 ENTIRELY DIFFERENT STORIES. One where he lives, and one where he probably died. Neither is "true" because in the end they are both fiction, and what defines "true" is based entirely on perspective.

Honestly, I think it fits better in the story if he lives to make sure he can fulfill his contract with C.C. and make her smile :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who is the better strategist? Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Light Yagami ( 1 2 )

madskizzles - Jul 29, 2009

53 by -__Raven__- »»
May 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which eye ability is better? Sharingan (Naruto) vs. Geass (Code Geass)? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Aug 2, 2009

65 by A231 »»
Nov 18, 2019 12:34 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Is Kira/Light's view of the world correct or is killing of criminals wrong?

aznHoopsfan - Nov 28, 2009

45 by MATTY_22 »»
Jun 1, 2017 7:59 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who's more psycho? Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Lucy (Elfen Lied)?

aznHoopsfan - Sep 18, 2009

39 by toothless1504 »»
Jan 27, 2017 12:32 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which is better? Girls with guns or guys with swords? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Nov 6, 2009

59 by Menchrese »»
Oct 24, 2015 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.