Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2014 3:57 PM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
Discussion for PVP vs PVP

Chat about your preference of play style. PVP or PVE. What do you like most about it? Do you have any specific specialties or tricks for people who need some guidance? Give us your insights!

LINKS
☆:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::☆
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites
Forum by Evil Club - snowman 2023

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 28, 2014 12:02 AM

Nov 2008
I prefer pvp despite being absolutely terrible at it because I think it offers the better horde vs alliance experience. Theres nothing like an epic battle that was blown out of proportions over some minor issue.
May 28, 2014 12:54 AM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
lol I am just the opposite. I used to raid heroic end game content, now I only raid casually. But, I still much prefer pve over pvp. I cannot stand the ineptitude of some players (the ones who blame everyone else in a bg for losing) thinking that they are hot shit, when really..well you know how the song goes..something about roses... lol

LINKS
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites

May 28, 2014 2:54 AM

Oct 2013
I honestly love both, but hate the community that each one has. Especially in MoP where the pvp was WICKEDLY unbalanced in 5.0, like warriors pop everything and kill you with 1 Dragon Roar, or mages killing you in a single Deep Freeze with Frost Bomb, but overtime became quite balanced and fun.

On the PvE side of things you had warriors who started off obliterating the dps meters, monks were pulling some really good numbers on single target fights like the Bladelord fight in HoF, but weren't doing as good on aoe fights like the guy after Garalon who's name escapes me, but ended up being kings on aoe fights and had the best sustained single target damage by the end of the expansion. Don't even get me started on the warlocks...

But with the introduction of LFR the whole community with raiding changed, other people who just raided to see the content just did LFR and unsubscribed, and it became increasingly difficult for newbies to get into a successful raiding guild because they simply weren't learning anything in LFR.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2014 12:36 PM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
About your comment on LFRs, it is not that you cannot learn the boss fights in LFRs; it is the utterly remarkable ability of some players to not learn anything, or the lack of trying to figure our fights while they are there. The fights are the same, if you pay attention you will get it. Especially if you have addons like DBM, it is a great place to learn boss fights. Unfortunately a lot of the people who run LFRs are expecting to be ran through without trying. Or, so it seems.

LINKS
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites

May 28, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2013
The community feedback also doesn't help, where people are always saying in /2 "You can just go afk in LFR and no one will notice." Little Jimmy comes along and sees this comment and is like "It's really that easy?" So Little Jimmy queues for LFR and does nothing and notices that he gets free gear from doing this.

So Little Jimmy's mindset is: These guys are doing all the work for me, so why should I do anything?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2014 12:45 AM

Nov 2008
I've never really been involved with the wow community in my 2 years of playing I just go in to pugs do my business and leave. Never really had any trouble with people. Is it really that bad?
May 30, 2014 3:11 PM
M♛RRIED BL L♥VER

Jan 2013
As someone who has played for 9 yrs the entire time on Laughing Skull server, I have learned a lot. Yes, I was there with leeroy Jenkins, Dues Vox (I can never spell their name right), and I was in the guild lead by Pwnish. If you are familiar with any of these terms, you know what hell you can face being a noob in the face of such elitists. Needless to say, you either figure it out, toughen up and become a good player, or you fail miserable like the "little jimmy" above and think that WOW is easy mode until you find yourself in, wait, a raid where you are expected to pull your own weight, never! lol

LINKS
Members Cards
Clubs
Challenges
Favorites

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Legion expansion expactation

TheLe0 - May 7, 2016

0 by TheLe0 »»
May 7, 2016 10:44 AM

Poll: » New Horizons: What class Do you always get to max level first??

Naison - Dec 4, 2010

3 by maga »»
Jun 3, 2014 12:51 AM

» Add-on Advice

RachelPanda - May 27, 2014

2 by maga »»
May 30, 2014 10:50 AM

» Class Discussion

RachelPanda - May 27, 2014

7 by maga »»
May 29, 2014 11:22 PM

» Realms

Kreltar - May 7, 2009

47 by maga »»
May 27, 2014 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.